It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I also heard he owns a .50 Cal rifle. If that is true then the police should be afraid. That weapon is extremely powerful and has more range than 99% of other rifles.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

just doesn't add up to spend the time torching it unless
1) he had more stuff on him than he could carry
2) he wanted to draw cops out there. Maybe even to lessen urban casualties....

I mean he could have just left it in a stand of trees and had more time to out down some distance or go back and finish what he set out to do.

If he planned this and went up the mountains, he coudl have easily had a personal hanglider there and made his way off to another vehicle or whatever not too far away but far enough that dogs and trackers wouldn't be able to connect his last set of prints, too. (Just thinking outside the box here)

link   
They are announcing publicly in this news conference that they are pulling out of the mountain tonight, and returning in the morning. Sounds like disinfo to me trying to get him to slip up during the night. I highly doubt they are going to pull completely out tonight because that would just be foolish.

link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

In a news conference yesterday it was noted that he is a highly skilled sharpshooter and trained in various demolitions. I believe the police spokesperson said something about Dorner noting that LAPD should know that he is a better shot than anyone on the force and has several LAPD awards for sharpshooting.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Even if he does own a .50 I doubt he is running around the woods with it. I would think if he has plans of using it he would have it stashed at a certain location and would retrieve it when and if he needed it. A standard 50 weighs around 30lbs empty, so that would be a huge drain on your mobility especially given the circumstances.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

i posted something about that early on in this thread. my cousin lives in upland and had told me the chopper pilot had said in his 20years he was never ordered around the way he was. he said it was extremely threatening. i don't think they want the news cameras to catch his execution on camera. i think they want to take him out to prevent further exposure of corruption and blame it on the old "he's got a gun shoot him" routine

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Are you kidding the guy has a better chance at escaping the cops than a person who didn’t have police or military training. I heard on talk radio about the demolitions training but I don’t know their sources. Depending on how long he has been planning this it may all be according to how he wants it to go.

Edit

OK I see you were responding to someone that thinks he didn’t have a chance to escape. My Bad.

I think the arnt going to try and bring him in alive.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

About 20mins ago I actually posted a good response to this -- about Dorner torching his and the possibility of an accomplice (given the location of the car). Here is a direct link to that post: Here is a direct link to that post I'd be interested in your feedback.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah

i posted something about that early on in this thread. my cousin lives in upland and had told me the chopper pilot had said in his 20years he was never ordered around the way he was. he said it was extremely threatening. i don't think they want the news cameras to catch his execution on camera. i think they want to take him out to prevent further exposure of corruption and blame it on the old "he's got a gun shoot him" routine

Or they dont want news cameras getting clear video of drone use over the united states....ive already said it a couple of times-this could very well end with the first drone strike on american soil.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Let me ask you something. Does the MSM lie ?
Is the MSM in collusion with our gov ?
edit on 8-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

He claims he has sa-7 manpads (anti aircraft shoulder launched rockets).

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
For some reason their convinced he is still on the mountain, pulling out for the night ha....

they have their eye's and ears on that place and like stated above probally a ploy to see if he will surface...

That picture that was just release with him starring right at the camera a day after the murder of the couple seems he wanted them to know something, I wonder what other pictures they have!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

Glad you heard about the chopper pilot stuff too (it's always good to have another confirmation).
My feeling on the reason for law enforcement restricting the media choppers was that they were only doing a minor search of the Big Bear area (because they realized he's not dumb enough to light his car ablaze which basically says "look at me, look at me" and stick around the area). My thought is that with no photos of the real search they can give the illusion that it is a huge search utilizing tons of resources which might cause Dorner to feel that there will be less heat on him in LA County because of the shift of focus to Big Bear and lure him back there so he could continue his antics.

I'm probably wrong but just an idea I had...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I posted in another thread, and even considered starting a new thread regarding the manifesto.

There are some strange things in it. It goes from something you would expect that follows the narrative into pure propaganda. He is talking about assymetrical warfare and having illegal weapons to supporting an assault weapon ban and answering the arguments of pro 2nd right advocates. He says that soldiers rarely utilize selective fire which I think is a lie and could be answered by vets here. I imagine soldiers rarely switch from full auto/3 shot burst to semi, am I right in that?

From his alleged manifesto:

If you had a well regulated AWB, this would not happen. The time is now to reinstitute a ban that will save lives. Why does any sportsman need a 30 round magazine for hunting? Why does anyone need a suppressor? Why does anyone need a AR15 rifle? This is the same small arms weapons system utilized in eradicating Al Qaeda, Taliban, and every enemy combatant since the Vietnam war. Don't give me that crap that its not a select fire or full auto rifle like the DoD uses. That's bullsh*t because troops who carry the M-4/M-16 weapon system for combat ops outside the wire rarely utilize the select fire function when in contact with enemy combatants Read more: www.myfoxla.com...

Also consider the Norway shooter Anders B. and how Anon made the effort to pollute the internet with false and manipulated manifestos so the real one was hard to discern. Is it not possible that the government/police/msm/etc could manipulate the manifesto? Does this help or hurt the gun control argument? I mean he is supporting gun control yet ironically he is a deranged ex cop that would have had access to those weapons regardless of a ban?! Also he claims to have rocket launchers that are illegal. Finally, has the MSM ever pushed a manifesto to the public like they are pushing this one? I mean, every news agency is publishing the full manifesto.

Something is just very strange about it to me.
edit on 8-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonLover

if he can't explain it, he shouldn't put it out there. doing nothing but running around shouting "false flag", with NOTHING to back it, just makes him look like a stupid annoying twit...kinda like a small child that just learned a new word...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Here is a thought. Burning the vehicle and leaving partial tracks would be a way to throw the police off and make them think he is on foot. He could have had another vehicle there waiting for him and already be out of the area.

If I can think of it so could he. He could have also used a delayed method to start the fire. A candle would even work to give sufficient time to get out of the area.

I think the guy has some brains so anything is possible.

BTW I don’t think he is carrying around a .50 Cal like I said I think he has a lot of this already planned out ahead of time. If he is in the hills then he probably already has an area staked out and equipment there.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202
reply to post by Hardstepah

Glad you heard about the chopper pilot stuff too (it's always good to have another confirmation).
My feeling on the reason for law enforcement restricting the media choppers was that they were only doing a minor search of the Big Bear area (because they realized he's not dumb enough to light his car ablaze which basically says "look at me, look at me" and stick around the area). My thought is that with no photos of the real search they can give the illusion that it is a huge search utilizing tons of resources which might cause Dorner to feel that there will be less heat on him in LA County because of the shift of focus to Big Bear and lure him back there so he could continue his antics.

I'm probably wrong but just an idea I had...

sounds legit. i hope for his sake he is aware of that situation. it is a good tactic. get the news to show what they want you to see and get you to lower your defenses. i really don't see anymore cops getting killed unless there is some type of "final conflict"

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
0.50 cal sniper rifle is a hit and run weapon. Once you fire it you drop it and run, because they're coming for ya.
This is not a weapon to have if you are on the run in the wild.
If he really got one, he will use it somewhere where he has a chance to get away before being spotted.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by offmyrocker
For some reason their convinced he is still on the mountain, pulling out for the night ha....

they have their eye's and ears on that place and like stated above probally a ploy to see if he will surface...

That picture that was just release with him starring right at the camera a day after the murder of the couple seems he wanted them to know something, I wonder what other pictures they have!

There were a few oddities about that news conference. It was telling that their next news conference will be at noon Pacific time on Saturday. It was also mentioned that they only have two 12-man teams conducting the search of Big Bear.

Yes offmyrocker that "just released" photo taken in late-January made him look like just a warm, friendly guy.

If he's found in Big Bear I'll run all through ATS in just my underoos... lol

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

That is what I thought first thing. I doubted he would go on foot at any point.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join