It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian attacks Iranian President Ahmadinejad in Cairo - reports

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Syrian attacks Iranian President Ahmadinejad in Cairo - reports

rt.com

A Syrian has attacked Iranian President Ahmadinejad in front of Al-Hussein mosque in Cairo, Al Arabiya reported, quoting local media. The leader is in the Egyptian capital on a visit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
My apologies for the lack of information, however it seems this story is just breaking.

A supposed "Syrian" citizen has attacked the Iranian president on his historical visit to Egypt.

I can only speculate what has actually spurred this assault and if we will actually be able to verify any of the details.

This all comes in the wake of Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad first visit to the nation since 1979. This trip was suppose to bolster relations between Iran and Egypt. News link to a story covering that can be found HERE

I presume this one change all to much, but I presume the conspiracy factory is about to start churning out interesting conclusions.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

ETA:

It appears they have changed the title of the article to "Syrian tries to attack Iranian President Ahmadinejad in Cairo - reports"

Looks like a journalist may have been a bit quick to presume it was a successful attack. This is a great example of how media outlets can really fudge up the details around a breaking develop and mis-inform people.

Will update when possible.

ETA:

Looks like it was going to be a shoe

The video, taken by the news agency’s correspondent, shows a young man shouting at Ahmadinejad and trying to hit the presidents head with a shoe, instead striking one of his bodyguards.

The attacker, who attempted to hit President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as he left a mosque, is reported to be a young man with “a Syrian accent”. Egyptian security forces managed to seize and arrest the man following the incident.

The attacker was heard chanting anti-Iranian slogans for supporting the Syrian government, the news agency noted.

I think slayer hit the nail on the head, no leader is without his/her critics.

I had to laugh at the "Syrian Accent" claim which led to a preliminary assumption he was Syrian. Hoaky.

edit on 5-2-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Um, isn't Iran Syria's ally?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I bet he threw his shoe at him.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by MDDoxs

Ahh the old Bush assassination attempt via shoe. haha.

I am not sure, but this all seems conveniently timed.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I dunno, I'm sure there will be some out there who'll say it's propaganda or MOSSAD!

But keep in mind

There is NO leader in the world that's 100% popular with everybody.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It says "tried" to attack... a big key word... he was probably detained before he had a chance..

A Syrian has tried to attack Iranian President Ahmadinejad in front of Al-Hussein mosque in Cairo, Al Arabiya reported. The leader is in the Egyptian capital on a visit.

edit on 2/5/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by MDDoxs

Ahh the old Bush assassination attempt via shoe. haha.

I am not sure, but this all seems conveniently timed.

If only he had succeeded, the world might have been a far better place today.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
It says "tried" to attack... a big key word... he was probably detained before he had a chance..

A Syrian has tried to attack Iranian President Ahmadinejad in front of Al-Hussein mosque in Cairo, Al Arabiya reported. The leader is in the Egyptian capital on a visit.

edit on 2/5/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Yea, they changed the report after I had posted. Please see ETA note in original post.

Reporter was probably looking to make a splash with the story.

regards

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

It didn't say tried or tries originally. I caught this in my twitter feed as it broke.
The OP corrected it as soon as RT did.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by MDDoxs

I dunno, I'm sure there will be some out there who'll say it's propaganda or MOSSAD!

But keep in mind

There is NO leader in the world that's 100% popular with everybody.

Will agree with you here. However it wont stop people from making wild speculations. Even more so now that the stories has changed from "attacked" to "attempted attack".

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

FlySolo, there are that many different factions and alliances operating in Syria at the moment, that wether or not the government of Syria (widely thought of as the LEAST representative of the nations people, of any of the groups there) is an ally of Iran is largely unimportant.

The real question, is what political allignment Mr Ahmadinejad's assailant holds, that made him think to attempt something like this. Of course, there is also the possibility that the fellow was just plain mental. God knows people with psychological disorders have a history of attacking powerful, or famous people.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The Syrian is probably just annoyed with Iran for not coming to Syria's defense. End of the day Iran could just send a "peace keeping force" into Syria and murder every American/Israeli terrorist group in the place and restore order. But it doesnt, lot of Syrians probably annoyed about that.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Mossad Posing as Syrian attacks Iranian President Ahmadinejad in Cairo - reports

Now it looks right to me

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
The Syrian is probably just annoyed with Iran for not coming to Syria's defense. End of the day Iran could just send a "peace keeping force" into Syria and murder every American/Israeli terrorist group in the place and restore order. But it doesnt, lot of Syrians probably annoyed about that.

Yeah, that's IT Exactly.

Man..

I've been away from this forum too looooong...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Glad we agree

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Um, isn't Iran Syria's ally?

Yes they are allies. Or at least their gov't are allies.

This was prolly a pissed off Syrian who lives in Cairo. Despite what people in the West may think, there are Muslims and Middle-eastern citizens who have minds of their own and have their own opinions.

ETA: I wasn't saying that to anyone specific just in general. Thought I would clear that up.

-SAP-
edit on 5-2-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
New update posted in OP.

Shoes are becoming common assassination tools.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Looks like Michael1983l was correct in the first place.

It's the Muslim religion though that is a way of showing that you have no respect for someone. It's almost like giving someone the finger.

-SAP-
edit on 5-2-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Some bloke started shouting and threw a shoe.

President Ahmadinejad was not attacked.

Very misleading news story.

Should be trashed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join