It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans kill animals then they eat them(true story)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I completely agree.

FYI, I cannot eat lamb. My body will not let me. I loaded 8000kgs of freshly slaughtered lambs and the sight of their carcass wrapped in cotton gauze with a bloody circle of where their head used to be was....awakening.

I only eat free range organic chicken, beef and pork, and occasionally kangaroo.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

When I don't water my plants they physically show me they are dying. They tell me they need something from me to assist them in living. They need me to give them nutrients to grow strong and if I don't they won't grow to their potential. They get diseased which I need to cure. They are attacked by insects which I need to protect them from.

They are as living as an animal. Just because it can't make noises doesn't mean it can't show me it's as alive as an animal.

edit: Funny you drink milk, humans aren't designed to process lactose, generally. 2/3rd of the worlds population is lactose-intolerant. Where did our ancestors get their calcium from? Bone broth.

Anyway, you know, and hopefully understand my stance, as I do yours.
edit on 4-2-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn

Did you know that human beings actually KILL other animals to EAT them ? Don't you find that disgusting ? They even have built factories to INDUSTRIALISE the process of killing the other sentient animals and chop them in small portions that they pack in plastic. WOW. At first I didn't want to believe it but I have seen the proofs. It's 100% true. They eat dead corpses of animals that are made of exactly the same stuff as them, and almost every human being find that this is totally normal. They even encourage their own LITTLE CHILDREN to eat dead corpses of other sentient beings, imagine that... I mean, what do they have in mind ?? Can't they just think for one second ? I am truly out of words..

Yes, and didn't Darwin convince everyone that humans descended from the same common ancestors as the Ape? Lions, tigers, coyotes, panthers, and wolves also eat animals and people too. How strange that while everyone accepts Darwin's theory of evoloution that we came from a common ancestor as the ape but that we are not supposed to behave like other animals.

Are you a radical environmentalist vegan or a bible believer who doesn't believe the Darwin theory?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Technically aren't we omnivores? A good balance of both being required?

I do agree, we are meant to eat meat. Our ancestors used to use every bit of animal. Once the meat was gone the leftovers, bones included, were boiled down into a broth. When cooled it forms into a gelatin type of substance that is incredibly healthy and full of minerals.

Yes, and this is also why I like the concept of macrobiotics. It lets people tailor their diet to their particular needs. Need less meat and fish, just have more rice and seaweed. Need more meat do it, but know what your body needs.
Also the Ayurvedic system has guidelines for tailoring your diet to the needs of different body groups. Vata Pitta and Kapha air, fire and water.

One should also try to avoid the pitfalls of spiritual pride in declaring they do not eat meat because they are too spiritually pure for it, yet there is something to purifying oneself.... so there has to be a balance.

I have found that I feel anemic and have low energy on a strictly vegetarian diet, especially in the colder climate. There is a reason why Eskimos eat more whale than lettuce.

Also, now wheat gluten is said to be a big culprit in some health problems. I know one person who has decided to eliminate all gluten from their diet. Some people say they feel better.
edit on 4-2-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The question is : do we have to continue doing something we did in the past, just because we did it in the past ? Is that reason enough ? What is the reasoning behind that ? Should we follow nature in everything that nature did ? And haven't we freed ourselves from some of nature's rules until now ? Are we destined for the stars for example ? Or are we destined to stay on that blue marble just because we have been here for thousands of years now ?

We are animals, but we have a specificity, like ants have their own specificity or dolphins or lizards etc., we are not better but different. Our specificity lies in our capacity to anticipate, to reflect, to chose, to be conscious of consequences to a certain extent. Should we harvest those possibilities or should we just ignore them and keep doing business as usual ?
edit on 4-2-2013 by gosseyn because: (no reason given)

Did you ever watch any episodes of that tv program that goes around all the world trying different foods? Some of it is just plain bizarre, and I won't ever try scorpion if I can help it, just because it creeps me out. That's just me though and not a biological need.

Some yogic adepts have been known to subsist only on prana from the air, but as far as I know, we biologically NEED at least air to survive. If we were to inhabit another planet, it would have to be similar to earth at least in supplying air, and would need for the most part to supply other stuff too. Most people are not adepts yet, and it is a spiritual dicipline very few people accomplish.
So, yes, we are mostly subject to certain biological and chemical rules.
But look, amimals will get very sick from chocolate and even die, whereas humans can digest chocolate and live.

People just need to have common sense. Our ancestors were nomadic and traveled great lengths and gathered berries, herbs, and other such things in addition to hunting animals. Eat the wrong berry though and you can die.
edit on 4-2-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

To the vegetarians and vegans, I know you believe you are doing a good thing and any counter to any argument you make, you perceive as unenlightened or evil. In the end, you are not doing anything bad so it does not bother me that much. However, I do have some general thoughts:

1. To differentiate between "sentient" life and "non-sentient" life just seems a little too self-absolving for me. Life is life, period. To assume a moral high ground simply because you put make-believe distance between you and what you consume, is pretentious.

2. I fully agree that industrial food production is the wrong road. I like to garden and hunt/fish. A much saner way to provide a meal. Much healthier too.

3. How do you feel about those who eat you? (Microbial Critters) I see myself as a part of the whole and I am "all in" as a resident of the Earth regardless of how I feel about it.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

They are as living as an animal. Just because it can't make noises doesn't mean it can't show me it's as alive as an animal.

Again did you read that post above yours. Can you address some of that in addition to what you're saying.

Funny you drink milk, humans aren't designed to process lactose,

Why is that funny? You are attributing a position to me I never made. I did not mention anything concerning what is or is not natural.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I went for years as a pry-the-carrot-from-my-cold-dead-hands vegan, with no problems... and all of a sudden, it finally caught up with me. I had panic attacks, ridges in my toes, weird feelings in my heart, I was dizzy, my menstrual cycle was all out of whack, and all these things happened despite the fact I was SO diligent with tracking RDAs.

I went to see a naturopath, we had a long talk about cholesterol and ethical eggs.

I gave it a shot. Panic attacks went away instantly. Weird period problems got better, mood and energy all got better... just from a little bit of animal protein.

The ridges in my toes went away once I started brewing copious amounts of bone broth, a la Weston Price.

I will NEVER touch anything that came out of a factory farm. Factory farms are breeding grounds for superbugs, those animals are fed GMOs and other dead animals, they're tortured and die horribly, it's not a sanitary or compassionate scene.

So, I drive over an hour out once a month to visit the little farm (that would otherwise be at my local market in the summer season) to get animals that get to experience the joys of living, sunshine, grass, bugs, eat real food and are treated with compassion.

Life and death are two sides of the same coin.

10,000 years ago in ancient India, you had vegetarians, but no vegans. Veganism happened as a cry against a system which is digusting, and the vegans are right: factory farms are foul and disgusting. But instead of getting back to a respectful harmony with the land (this means gardening AND farming), they throw the baby out with the bathwater and that's where the madness begins.

I think PETA is a smear campaign against legitimate animal rights efforts. If everyone unconsciously associates people opposed to factory farming with PETA, well... no one is ever going to take them seriously. Which is a shame.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

the technology still isn't there for us to chuck our predatory origins & nature and to just subsist on minerals and plant based breads

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by manicminxx

I agree with you on the factory farm crap.

I tried the whole vegan thing myself, was horrible. I eat a lot less meat than I used to per serving now, it has a better balance to it I think. I used to just eat too much meat I think.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Konoyaro

toward the supposed responsibility humans have as truly sentient beings (by our own standards/earthly anyway

yikes, sounds like you succombed to the hype of Agenda 21 Sustanable Development cr&%ola!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

1. To differentiate between "sentient" life and "non-sentient" life just seems a little too self-absolving for me. Life is life, period.

And I think it's rather disingenuous to take the position people don't feel there are distinctions to be made.

'Life is life' without any further differentiation is just not accurate to our innate senses. To leave it as something so equivalent, where is the rationale behind not eating humans for food? Please no knee-jerk on the extremity of that. My point will be elaborated..

To assume a moral high ground simply because you put make-believe distance between you and what you consume, is pretentious

What is make-believe about looking at a orange tree and not feeling the empathy I feel for a dog or an anteater?

There may be further truth towards the inner lives of rocks and carrots that later presents itself. But as it stands it's easily demonstrable that people every day attribute different degrees of sentience to different creatures. Step on a snail. Most people don't flinch. Some might feel bad for a moment. Step on, and crush, a mammal and chances are the reaction will be much different. Why?

I gave the example about mowing the lawn earlier. How many people mow their lawns and become visibly upset from the mass genocide of plants and insects? Why don't they? Because there is an innate recognition of the lack of sentience, and therefore the lack of suffering.

Again I am not saying that it's true they don't feel from a science perspective (maybe). I am saying it's true they don't feel according to the perceptual experience of people.

It's just not reasonable for a meat-eater to pose the question of "why do you murder vegetables?" when they themselves don't actually view it that way.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Did you know that human beings actually KILL other animals to EAT them ? Don't you find that disgusting ? They even have built factories to INDUSTRIALISE the process of killing the other sentient animals and chop them in small portions that they pack in plastic. WOW. At first I didn't want to believe it but I have seen the proofs. It's 100% true. They eat dead corpses of animals that are made of exactly the same stuff as them, and almost every human being find that this is totally normal. They even encourage their own LITTLE CHILDREN to eat dead corpses of other sentient beings, imagine that... I mean, what do they have in mind ?? Can't they just think for one second ? I am truly out of words..

Name one sentient being that humans kill and eat, but before you do, please look up the word Sentient.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Name one sentient being that humans kill and eat, but before you do, please look up the word Sentient.

Thanks.
How about other humans?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

Well considering i have blood type B it would be bad for me to stop eating meat. and when i do i feel weak and frail. But im an omnivorous. I eat both baby animals and baby spinach. I have my fair share of vitamin D3 from milk. Gotta love them hormones. I will never stop eating plants or meat. Tho i agree industrialized meat is gross. Especially cold cuts. But that's not going to stop me from eating local organic meat. MMMM bison.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I would name many and many based on that definition.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

Earlier when I was playing fetch with a dog I got the overwhelming feeling of consciousness from the dog.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020

Originally posted by NorEaster

Thanks.
How about other humans?

Well, you are talking about cannibalism then, which is decried by most civil societies. Some animals eat their young, but it doesn't mean we have to.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

Well considering i have blood type B it would be bad for me to stop eating meat.

Can you elaborate on that?
That's really interesting.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by NorEaster

I would name many and many based on that definition.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

Earlier when I was playing fetch with a dog I got the overwhelming feeling of consciousness from the dog.

I see. Well, just don't start shooting people if the damn thing tells you to. Dogs probably don't have much of a capacity for examining a situation and accurately determining the direct and projected ramifications inherent in a specific course of action. Then again, they don't have a clue about past, present, or future, or how such stuff works when factoring through a suite of available options, so there you are.

I'm probably wasting my time here with this exchange. You go ahead and exist on an intellectual par with all the dogs in the neighborhood. Who am I to tell you how to live. You'll probably be much happier in the long run anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join