It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans kill animals then they eat them(true story)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Konoyaro

Every living thing, from the smallest organism, to the most complex...subsists off the remains of other living things....yes, even plants do it, bacteria even, etc We didn't invent the system...it simply is what it is...

Going vegan is not the answer, we weren't designed for it, simple as that.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Going vegan is not the answer, we weren't designed for it, simple as that.

I'm not a vegan, and I am not suggesting you become one.

However stating we simply 'weren't designed for it, simple as that' is way too dismissive considering the proof in the pudding. I mean they have vegan body builders for crying out loud.

I personally stayed in a commune with many vegetarian and vegan families. Babies and children raised on nothing other then vegan diet. They were healthy and radiant and full of energy. Playing all day long on acres of land doing what hippies do

edit on 4-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Other animals do this, too... and humans have been hunting for tens of thousands of years.
edit on 4-2-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Plants are living things too. So what are you going to eat? Air?

"Light bulbs," quoting Homer Simpson after finding out that Catholics don't eat meat on Fridays.

Derek

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Procreation hardly kills tough
More like the opposite. But I see your point and from a scientific perspective it makes sense to convert one type of energy into another, it's just a universal law, as below so above. But then again I've been blessed with free will, thought and spirituality so that I've been able to give birth to this type of thought, also and irrefutable universal law of consciousness. Which do you follow? Or do you mix them perhaps in healthy proportions? A lot at least for me to think about as I devour my next steak, which I undoubtedly will very soon, would give my left hand for some harami beef right now, strange as it may sound

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

If god did not me to eat animals, he should not have made them so damn yummy!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The question is : do we have to continue doing something we did in the past, just because we did it in the past ? Is that reason enough ? What is the reasoning behind that ? Should we follow nature in everything that nature did ? And haven't we freed ourselves from some of nature's rules until now ? Are we destined for the stars for example ? Or are we destined to stay on that blue marble just because we have been here for thousands of years now ?

We are animals, but we have a specificity, like ants have their own specificity or dolphins or lizards etc., we are not better but different. Our specificity lies in our capacity to anticipate, to reflect, to chose, to be conscious of consequences to a certain extent. Should we harvest those possibilities or should we just ignore them and keep doing business as usual ?
edit on 4-2-2013 by gosseyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think this is 99.9% true, but logically can't be absolute. How did life first appear, without life to consume, then?

Are there truly no life forms that exist 100% off of solar energy, and inorganic matter?

Perhaps all currently living lifeforms conform to your conditions stated, but it can't possibly be all life that has ever existed. At some point non-life gave way to life.
edit on 4-2-2013 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konoyaro
reply to post by SaturnFX

Procreation hardly kills tough
More like the opposite. But I see your point and from a scientific perspective it makes sense to convert one type of energy into another, it's just a universal law, as below so above. But then again I've been blessed with free will, thought and spirituality so that I've been able to give birth to this type of thought, also and irrefutable universal law of consciousness. Which do you follow? Or do you mix them perhaps in healthy proportions? A lot at least for me to think about as I devour my next steak, which I undoubtedly will very soon, would give my left hand for some harami beef right now, strange as it may sound

I kill everyday..taking showers removes bacteria and such (same with brushing/flossing). I don't care, because bacteria is not my species.
Ultimately I am all about the species...if its human meat, I won't eat it (unless its that or die of starvation..then its not a choice).
Of that, I have found companion species for mankind..such as dogs, horses, cats, etc. I won't eat them due to their domestication and mutual companionship towards humanity

In saying that, I would eat a wolf or panther without much issue.

killing to be alive is part of life..be it bacteria, a plant, or a animal. eating 3 plants instead of a chicken is equal in its destruction to keep me alive...life must end (or cease potential.aka, fruit) for mine to continue...

so the only choice really is, what form and flavor do you want your destruction of life. I prefer mine to taste like chicken.

Guess that makes me a realist overall.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
So I am a vegetarian. I am so for moral reasons. The health benefits are a welcomed bonus. Although I agree with the original post, I probably would have worded it in such a way as to invite a different response!

Now the point of plants having feelings and maybe being sentient. Hmmm. I really feel that's not a genuine thing to say, and it's coming from the sake of devil advocacy. We very clearly feel less empathy for plants. The meat eaters and the veggie-killers. This is very clearly true. And it's very clearly true because we don't think they have the capacity to suffer like we and other animals do. Of course we may be wrong about that, and science might one day fully show how wrong we were. But it's so blatantly demonstrated all the time the world over. I don't see people crying or putting their heads down in shame when they mow their lawn. Please don't hide behind this apparent truth about our sentience in respect to theirs by saying 'plants feel too' without at least acknowledging what I am saying. To reiterate: people clearly attribute different degrees of sentience, and the capacity to suffer, to different creatures on Earth. To point out to a vegetarian that it's genocide and equally atrocious is simply not genuine to how people generally view it. It only comes out that way, it seems, in conversations contextual to vegetarians.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Technically aren't we omnivores? A good balance of both being required?

I do agree, we are meant to eat meat. Our ancestors used to use every bit of animal. Once the meat was gone the leftovers, bones included, were boiled down into a broth. When cooled it forms into a gelatin type of substance that is incredibly healthy and full of minerals.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
We are all predators , that's why our eyes are in front of our head and not on the sides.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
At least humans kill them then eat them. Most animals just eat them while still alive.

Animals are the tastiest type of food. If God didn't want me to eat them, he shouldn't have made them so damn tasty.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Some people eat their own snot...
What's that all about

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The problem isn't eating the meat of a dead animal, it's how we treat the live ones.

We treat them with zero respect. We don't breed them so they can live a life; we breed them so we can have meat whenever we want. We cut corners on their lives so we can live fat and confortable in ours. That is the travesty of the meat industry—treating animals as if they had no right to live, only the right to be our food.

Eat freshly hunted or free-range meat , or live with the fact that you have taken part in the mass imprisonment, suffering and slaughter of some of Earth's most precious animals.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Technically aren't we omnivores? A good balance of both being required?

Required?

Again my point about the proof in the pudding.

This discounts the vast amount of healthy vegetarians. Their omission seems convenient..

I am a vegetarian of 9 years now. Not only am I healthy and happy, but physically strong enough to be a competitive martial artist. Personally that's enough evidence for me it wasn't a requirement.

I swear some people have this vision of vegetarians all being skinny and weak and lethargic :/

I do agree, we are meant to eat meat.

Name some essential nutrition exclusive to meat then.

You will have a really hard time

Unless we are addressing strict veganism. In which case a b12 supplement might be added.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

What I don't get though are things like root vegetables that require you to pull it out of the ground ending its life-cycle. What gives you that right? The same thing that gives everyone else on this planet the same right to kill an animal to feed their family.

We're not built to eat grains. Animals eat grains, we eat animals. Why is grain-fed beef superior? Because that is their best food source, not ours.

I don't agree with industrialized farming. But I also realise we're running out of space. The problem is Humans, not what humans eat. The problem is the creation of farming and agriculture to enable us to grow to population sizes that are too demanding on our planet. The worst thing 'taught' to us was agriculture. And I assure you, it was most certainly taught because our species was thriving in balance with nature as hunter gatherers. It wasn't until 'something else' required a large population resource for the purposes of mining that we were taught agriculture.

With agriculture came disease. With agriculture came uncontrolled growth.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I completely agree

In fact when I am "militant" I never try to convert someone to vegetarian, but instead share the merits of choosing free-range-organic. I agree the real inhumanity of it is the lives we make them live and not the act of taking it.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Well what type of Vegan are you?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

What I don't get though are things like root vegetables that require you to pull it out of the ground ending its life-cycle. What gives you that right?

My post directly above yours addresses that.

the same right to kill an animal to feed their family.

If families need to eat meat out of necessity they should eat the meat.

I say that because I attribute more worth to humans than the other animals. A strange position from a vegetarian?

People, such as myself, who have the luxury (as many do) to transition into the diet are doing so on moral or health grounds. Great for them I say.

I don't agree with industrialized farming.

Me neither.

But I also realise we're running out of space.

Definitely debatable. I would say it's primarily about inefficiency in design than limited space or "over-population".

Well what type of Vegan are you?

Not a vegan. I am a lacto-ovo-vegetarian. Milk and eggs included. I pay extra for the 'special' milk and eggs.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join