It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author of "American Sniper" among the dead at Rough Creek

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

No I did not ask that. That would be swills I believe.

My bad NG. Apologies .

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ..... is a mental illness by definition.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

No I did not ask that. That would be swills I believe.

My bad NG. Apologies .

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ..... is a mental illness by definition.

No it is not. It couldn't be. Because you see, if you are mentally ill you can not own a gun.

Are you saying our combat veterans should not be allowed to own guns? What about victims of gun violence who have PTSD as a result. Should they be banned from having guns too?

Besides that, from what I have seen it is just a condition not an illness. It actually has benefits, like heightened awareness. Has been known to save lives on occasion

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Stop labeling our veterans as having a mental disorder

Now that I graciously corrected my error attributing another members comment to you - would you care to correct your error ?

What does the D ..... in P.T.S.D. stand for ?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
He was helping a marine who had PTSD and the marine snapped and shot Chris point blank. And Chris's neighbor who was helping too.

I am not buying the PTSD story in and of itself. No not one bit.

Past that, to all those that say "live by the gun die by the gun", you are misapplying that passage. You can not judge if he was EVER an unjust aggressor, and in war you are justified as long as you follow ROE.

I want to know what REALLY caused this, aside from the generic PTSD story we always get. There is more involved here than simply PTSD.

Any guy who kills over a hundred people in the name of a Lie, brags about it with pride, and reaps financial reward for it, is a scumbag. I don't care who's "team" he's on. I wouldn't want a SINGLE human being to follow in his footsteps.

There doesn't seem to be a way to reverse the amount of PROFOUND stupidity, ignorance and pride these soldiers are operating on. We're talking extreme levels of DE-Education that needs to happen on a massive scale. Both our cops and our military have been indoctrinated into utter insanity under the guise of Pride, Patriotism, Duty and Honor.

Our military, police, and government has turned us into Nazi Germany, and as usual, the hard working and blind citizens, are dragged down with it.

edit on 3-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Now that I graciously corrected my error attributing another members comment to you - would you care to correct your error ?

I don't care. It is a condition. It should be P.T.S.C.

It is as much of a disorder as ADHD, which is also a condition and not a disorder.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Why wouldn't you? Does PTSD bar people from gun ownership? Is PTSD a mental illness? No.

Stop labeling our veterans as crazy just because they have seen combat!! sickening. Nice reward they get for their service - a minimum wage job and labeled mentally ill. Go ahead, fuel the fire.

A vet that has seen combat, like myself with over 28 years of active duty, does not suggest they have PTSD too...which the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders has a large section on this "disorder". My assumption, which could be wrong BTW, is that a person with PTSD that is at a charity event for that cause would most likely be on the extreme end of the disorder and not just having something like nightmares and is seen as an outpatient.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I don't care. It is a condition. It should be P.T.S.C.

It is as much of a disorder as ADHD, which is also a condition and not a disorder.

I retract my comment

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here they go pulling the PTSD card...anything to excuse the behavior of white people. There are other ex-military people suffering PTSD, but most of them don't commit murders. The same thing with mental illness (the card they like to pull all the time to excuse the behavior of white people), as a study indicates that less than 5% percent of mass murderers/serial killers suffer from mental illness...yea, damn deniers of the plain evil within their kind...end of story.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Huh well I am disgusted by quite a few comments in this thread disparaging Kyle and those same people were dancing in the streets for the death of Bin Laden and the glorious leader who single handily did it.

What a bunch of hypocrites,

Rest in peace Kyle.
edit on 3-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Nobody was "dancing" in the streets when Bin Laden was killed. Most human beings on this planet, including Americans, were busy trying to pay bills and forge through their own lives. Just another news story soon to be forgotten. At most, it was water cooler talk, Nobody really cared. Don't believe that media hype nonsense.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Its not called PTSC

It is called PTSD and is an anxiety disorder.

In this unfortunate event the vet killed 2 people.

According to stats as many as 20vets a day are now committing suicide.

You bring up ADHD for comparison. How many more disorders could you bring up?

the population of the US is something like 310 million or thereabouts. Throw a good few million disorders into that mix. Let the general population arm itself with as many weapons as they want. Whatcha think might happen?

The constitution came into effect when the population of the US was around 2.5 million. Modern policing didn't even come into effect until about1838.

So now that there is modern law enforcement and a population that has multiplied by 124times, that would have a large number of its members who might have mental disorders, maybe its time to revisit the idea of allowing the population to arm itself.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
Nobody was "dancing" in the streets when Bin Laden was killed. Most human beings on this planet, including Americans, were busy trying to pay bills and forge through their own lives. Just another news story soon to be forgotten. At most, it was water cooler talk, Nobody really cared. Don't believe that media hype nonsense.

oh yes they was

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by Visitor2012

oh yes they was

And you show me a clip from the media....

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

so where these celebrations fake?

did the media pay loads of actors to come out and celebrate on the streets?

You were telling LIES

You stated NOBODY was on the streets dancing.

There is tonnes of PHOTOS and VIDEOS of people in the streets celebrating the death of BIN LADEN.

It HAPPENED. The media reported it. The Media did not FABRICATE it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

The idea of letting any PTSD person no matter what level they are around a gun range is just nuts, does not make sense at all. Second the idea of Ventura having anything to do with this is also just nuts.
That being said I would wonder what Kyle's politics were and who he had been talking to the last few months, in other words long store short if Kyle was "I will do what ever it takes to protect my family no matter what the situation", he would be a severe threat to any attempt to install "marshell law". You would not want to be on the wrong side of this guy and the people that know him and respect him.

This is only my opinion but the deaths of these warriors are becoming all to real and frequent.

edit on 3-2-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

stupid? no. ignorant? no. I'm here, aren't I? Pride? yea, got that. I'm also proud to be Irish. do I need to be de-educated about that? I don't think so. you don't know me from anybody else on the planet, so how about you don't label me, and others like me, to fit your narrative, okay? thanks. just because I did something you don't like doesn't make me a better or worse human than you.

you want to talk about how the "invasion of Iraq" was wrong, illegal, immoral, whatever else you want to call it, start a new thread and rant your little brain out all day long. but unless you actually know me personally, don't paint me with the broad brush of your personal agenda and narrative. you claim we're the ignorant ones, when your own comments (ie lumping the entirety of a group into one category so you can bash them all at once) is obscenely ignorant in and of itself.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
reply to post by goou111

The idea of letting any PTSD person no matter what level they are around a gun range is just nuts, does not make sense at all. Second the idea of Ventura having anything to do with this is also just nuts.
That being said I would wonder what Kyle's politics were and who he had been talking to the last few months, in other words long store short if Kyle was "I will do what ever it takes to protect my family no matter what the situation", he would be a severe threat to any attempt to install "marshell law". You would not want to be on the wrong side of this guy and the people that know him and respect him.

This is only my opinion but the deaths of these warriors are becoming all to real and frequent.

not really. PTSD can be treated and managed quite well in most cases. people snap and do something out of the ordinary on a daily basis, all over the world. the only reason PTSD gets brought up is because the MSM likes to be able to fan the flames that veterans are all scary people with mental problems. the flip side of that is when most veterans hear about crap in the MSM that another "PTSD addled veteran did," we typically think "yea and he was probably a giant d-bag before, too."

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

Kyle's purported ghost writer was Daniel Pearl who was one of Cheney's neo-con boys. I don't think politics had a thing to do with it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Strange that this CK

"Chris Kyle, a former SEAL sniper with 160 confirmed and another 95 unconfirmed kills to his credit said, “In years to come there is going to be information that will come out that Obama was not the man who made the call. He can say he did and the people who really know what happened are inside the Pentagon, are in the military and the military isn’t allowed to speak out against the commander- in-chief so his secret is safe.”

cont...."
Marc A. Thiessen explained how Rodriguez’s piece shows that Nancy Pelosi was lying when she said that she had not been briefed about the use of waterboarding.

“We were not — I repeat — were not told that waterboarding or any of these other enhanced interrogation methods were used,” Pelosi said, then she later changed her story. “We were told explicitly that waterboarding was not being used.”
www.redstate.com...

Yet all these stories are going around now (in documentaries and even pushed in movies like Zero Dark Thirty) that finding out who the 'courier' was.
www.telegraph.co.uk...
qaeda/8491509/Osama-bin-Laden-killed-CIA-admits-waterboarding-yielded-vital-information.html

gothamist.com...

So what does all this mean?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
There are many stories circulating...this one says that Routh "sought out help" from Kyle and his neighbor (the other person killed at the gun range) as he was part of the group Kyle had set up to HELP vets with PTSD.He himself had suffered from it and was sympathetic to the problem...his organization,FITCO uses it's funds to build gyms and to help give vets a place to re-build self-esteem and a connection based on fitness and physical health as it connects to mental health.

fitcocares.org...

It happened at the gun range where a charity event to benefit this organization was taking place...I don't think there is any big,dark-conspiracy here: rather a troubled young man who sought help and perhaps was pushed over his limits at the site of the shooting.

I despise that the media is having a heyday using the term "semi-automatic handgun used to kill again..."

WTF.

www.guardian.co.uk...

It also says that Kyle "did not want his number of kills published..." That was done by the publisher.

Another stated that he often said the only reason he had so many was because "he had engaged in live theater more than most..."Game of numbers...no ego involved as I see it.

I spoke with a guy today who knew him because he has been involved in training Olympic-level competition shooting teams for many years and he held in the THE highest possible regard saying that he was a family-man,a soldier, and simply a man to be admired.

I am sad by the crap being spewed on this site and on others.He was young...he leaves behind two young kids...how could anyone possibly justify his death as "deseved?"
I know of MANY in our current climate who might be "deserving" of such a fate: this man was not.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
For additional data on this story see my earlier thread on this topic. Because this page has reached the front page, and I haven't heard a peep out of the OP, I've asked the moderators to close my thread and for posters to come to this one. Thanks.

Some of the topics may be worth adding to this thread. What psych drugs was the killer taking and how did they fit into the killing. Did Kyle get to keep his pet (cobra) rifle. etc. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join