It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A revelation on Shills

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I can help you detect them...just take a look at my signature.

edit on 2/3/2013 by theAnswer1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
***snip***
They post misleading articles for example, and when the errors of the article are pointed out, they ignore it and continue to knowingly spread lies.

Worst of all, they get away with it despite being against the T&C's to post material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.

So basically what you are saying is that most people on ATS speaking out on UFO, Zoocryptology, Antichrist, Chemtrails, alien made crop circles - to name a few - are shills?

Wonder if they are paid by the people who publish book after book after book with "modified" fact?

Or maybe they are paid by the big business who has an interest in getting rid of Obama and friends?

edit on 3-2-2013 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Im sure there are shills here as we speak. There have been and there will be. I dont think we actually need paid nefarious NSA super spy shills or disinfo agents on here ... ***snip***

Has it ever occurred to you that it might be the conspiracy dudes that have the dark agenda of creating instability and fear in society?
There are numerous post about disregarding the laws, starting a revolution, protecting the 2nd amendment allowing anyone to have any number of any types of weaponry while at the same time ignoring the text of "a well regulated militia".

There are plenty of examples to find and they all point at the lower intelligence being manipulated by big business.

Once we dismiss the "prove my proposterous claim wrong" we are paid shills. Jubiiiee. I am, however, still looking forward to my first paycheck.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'd just like to reiterate in case my post has been taken the wrong way:

I am by no means trying to encourage our members to toss the term around or call one another out. The original reason I posted this was just to share my waxing philosophical about how police-like we would have to be in order to route the issues that come with anonymity. As I said in the op I believe the majority of the shill claims are unfounded. That said if you read enough threads you are bound to come across arguments that simply have no root in logic and have such a personal tone to their rebuttals that they seem to have an agenda (be it a grand conspiracy or just attempting to save face or what have you) Be that the behavior of a shill or not I can't say.

All in all though I encourage everyone to read each post carefully and also look into post history to get a feel for each user and their stances on subjects. We are all basically here to acquire new knowledge and information as well as share it, right? The more we can understand one anothers' perspectives and attitudes the easier that should be.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I believe there are shills that have a code on this website.

They star each others posts. to make their point look popular.

He said some dodgey stats and I corrected him on these figures. He then carries on like nothing had happened when proven wrong.

noticed he only comes on once every 2nd year to spread dis info.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Most Usenet newsreaders allow you to set up filter rules. For example you can view content from just those posters that *you* register.

Problem is what if *you* happen to read a post from the wrong perspective and kill-file the poster forever?

Better way to limit access is with a simple CAPTCHA challenge-response test used as an attempt to ensure that the response is generated by a human being.

CAPTCHA can be scaled in various ways, for example suppose a website developed for the purpose of artistic patronage wishes to attract those oriented more towards opera? The site emotively attracts a much wider audience but the site developer wishes to limit feedback so they don't have to sort through the emotive excrement of every metal fan on the planet.

The special interest group that is solving the CIA Kryptos puzzle uses a simple challenge response interface to reach the artist. Opining requires deciphering and entering 10 yet unpublished characters from the sculpture correctly before ones views on the puzzle are considered. The lead puzzle analyst Elonka Dunin said she was receiving too many emails with imagined clues that were essentially schizophrenic.

I'm not sure the interface gets rid of all the schizophrenics but it does limit those that are purely emotively reasoning.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The real secret is that the shills are so good at their jobs that no-one knows they are shilling.

The shills are so clever that they make everyone else call each othet 'shill', and 'disinfo agent'

Very clever, and my suspicion is that by now they have automated software doing all the hard work for them (and saving a few pennies at the same time).

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I find it amusing that some of our more highly suspicious members actually believe that paid shills dwell here spreading miss information ...

I can't recall any breaking news information on here that is not available on the internet ...nothing ground breaking ..most members just read something and link the article based on nothing more than pure hear say..

this is a conspiracy site ..people enjoy discussing different theories(which is good) ..everyone is entitled to their own opinion

with the exception of john lear ...(some people like to call him john liar)

there's nothing ground breaking coming out of any of the conspiracy forums these days.which i haven't already read already on the net........i like to hear about info that's not got a LINK to it ..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join