It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF you eat at Burger King, you've been eatting horse meat!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
im not against horse meat or anything its just the whole being shady and denying it thing haha

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FuturePeace

That was pretty shady. The burger tasted good and everything but .... What else don't I know?

Last time I learned I was drinking baby fluids through Pepsi, I mean what the hell.
edit on 1-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I've eaten worse at better places

But it's the lying aspect about it, that i don't like.

I still hit BK once in a while for a triple whopper on my pig out day.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I don't eat fast food often, but don't understand what the deal is about eating horse

We eat pretty much everything else.

You eat ham? You know where that comes from, right?

How is a horse worse than a pig

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If you're going to a fast food joint and think you're getting something unadulterated, you're an idiot. Plain and simple. I don't walk in to my neighborhood BK and think "100% beef Whopper, go me!" I know it's not that great for me to eat, and definitely don't expect a pure product. Maybe that makes me abnormal compared to others, IDK. Thus, since I expect adulterated products in fast food venues, I'm neither shocked, nor outraged at the UK horse burgers.

I also find it funny when Americans get so bent out of shape over what other countries eat. LOL, like we're the moral dietary compass for the world to follow, riiiight.

Some Asian countries find cat or dog to be quite delectable. Some countries eat camel. Some eat rat. Some South American countries consider guinea pig to be delicious street vendor food (try getting a GP owner to believe you on that one) Point is, most of the rest of the carnivorous world looks at something and thinks "Food! GIT IN MAH BELLY!" while Americans look and go, "Aw, so cute/noble, can't eat that one." As far as I'm concerned, if it's not endangered, and can be reared healthily, then by all means eat it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverking
I guess they'll have to change their slogan.

"So hungry you could eat a horse"

Damnit, you beat me to it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

1 became skeptical of all fast-food beef when I read about "ALTERNATIVES" below.. We have already been exposed to the harmones upgrades in the meat products as of now so all any or 1 can do is try to manage the ingest levels.

NAMASTE*******

By Carey Gillam

KANSAS CITY, Missouri | Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:18pm EDT

(Reuters) - Mike Yoder's herd of dairy cattle are living the sweet life. With corn feed scarcer and costlier than ever, Yoder increasingly is looking for cheaper alternatives -- and this summer he found a good deal on ice cream sprinkles.

"It's a pretty colorful load," said Yoder, who operates about 450 dairy cows on his farm in northern Indiana. "Anything that keeps the feed costs down."

As the worst drought in half a century has ravaged this year's U.S. corn crop and driven corn prices sky high, the market for alternative feed rations for beef and dairy cows has also skyrocketed. Brokers are gathering up discarded food products and putting them out for the highest bid to feed lot operators and dairy producers, who are scrambling to keep their animals fed.

In the mix are cookies, gummy worms, marshmallows, fruit loops, orange peels, even dried cranberries. Cattlemen are feeding virtually anything they can get their hands on that will replace the starchy sugar content traditionally delivered to the animals through corn.

"Everybody is looking for alternatives," said Ki Fanning, a nutritionist with Great Plains Livestock Consulting in Eagle, Nebraska

www.reuters.com...
edit on 2/1/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I ran into Burger King soooo . . . hungry.
And then . . . I galloped out.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverking
reply to post by Char-Lee

Actually, it's believed that canabalism can be quite harmful. Studies done in Papua New Guinea linked a disease called Kuru (the human version of mad cow disease) to tribes that traditionally ate their dead.

Sylent6,
Hahaha, very true. In some places cows are considered to be sacred. Worshiped and treated like animals of the gods.

I think eating animals is harmful too especially now with all the shots and junk in their feed.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Horse is eaten in many parts of the world.
Waht's the issue?

Cats and dogs are also eaten in many parts of the world.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by FuturePeace

That was pretty shady. The burger tasted good and everything but .... What else don't I know?

Last time I learned I was drinking baby fluids through Pepsi, I mean what the hell.
edit on 1-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Thank goodness that is not quit right. Still disgusting though!

To be clear, the aborted fetal tissue used to make Pepsi's flavor chemicals does not end up in the final product sold to customers, according to reports -- it is used, instead, to evaluate how actual human taste receptors respond to these chemical flavorings. Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Well delurking here as I am a horse owner and lover as you can guess from my user name so I have a few points I wanted to add to the discussion.

Whilst I personally find eating horse as distasteful as eating labrador or moggie meat I am an omnivore and do eat cow, lamb, pig, deer, rabbit and all kinds of fowl. I have reared, killed prepared my own meat and am not squeamish about it, I think the knowing the animal I am eating had a decent life and a cruelty free dispatch helps me to square my "oh aren't they cute!" tendencies when I occasionally wrestle with the omnivores dilemma.

To this end I have begun buying all of my meat online in bulk from a reputable butchers that only sell free range organic stock. I am on a pretty tight budget but have found that by experimenting with cheaper cuts (beef cheeks are delicious!) and by only making all my meals from scratch, no processed junk that I'm not spending any more money than before and enjoying much more tasty food and loosing weight too.

What does this have to do with horse meat in your burgers? Well I don't know about anywhere else but in the UK part of the problem of horses not being part of our food chain is that they do not enjoy any of the protection that farm animals do. They are shipped across Europe, crammed into lorries often without stops for water in horrendous conditions, I don't want to loose my supper by searching for links but there has been a long running campaign against this with some very graphic images and videos of the consequences, ie pregnant mares crushed underfoot because of overcrowding in a lorry that travelled all the way from the UK to Italy, animals with broken limbs still alive and greatly suffering etc, etc.

Some of the horses that are slaughtered here in the UK that have been ridden horses or pets have been found to be entering the food chain illegally. Bute in horse meat update Contaminated horsemeat sold for food, FSA admits

All equines in the UK have to have passports by law and any veterinary inoculations or other medications are supposed to be entered on their passports as a precaution to contaminated horse meat entering the human food chain but as a horse owner and with a lot of horse owning friends I can confirm that this is not monitored or policed at all, in fact the vets only every mark up the vaccinations and if you have forgotten the passports at the time of vaccination they will just tell you to bring them next time to be marked up which then often gets forgotten.

If horses were given the same protection as other livestock and were not once somebodies pets then I don't have a problem with them being farmed for meat (although I couldn't eat it myself) and indeed it could be a solution for all of the hill ponies that are so worthless that they are being sold at auction for lion meat at a pittance and the farmers that own them see them loosing money hand over fist, this included some of our endangered british native breeds whose numbers are plummeting as they cost more to keep/breed than their worth as foals. It is very important that they do not disappear as their grazing/browsing is intregal to the ecology of the moorlands.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I just picked me up a quarter horse with cheese. Sorry couldn't help myself, seriously tho I don't mind as mentioned before lots of people eat horse meat, and if your eating fast food you should just be happy it's real meat.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Not to consider horse meat is considered a staple/delicacy in most other parts of the world.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
A corpse is a corpse, of course of course, and who better to be a corpse than the famous Mr. Ed.

As a long-time vegetarian and most of that time vegan, I cannot see the difference between which corpse a person eats. It's just not something to be put into the mouth.

Now that Burger King has been caught lying, what's going to happen? Nothing, because the habit is so ingrained and kept going by additives in the "meat" that people are either hooked on the stuff or they get off it. It's gotta be done cold turkey folks, pun intended.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I wouldn't want to have horse meat in my burger unless I knew about it lol. However it is no longer illegal in the U.S.
en.wikipedia.org...

On November 18, 2011, the ban on the slaughter of horses for meat was lifted as part of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2012.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Two pony whopper meals, three unicorn whoppers and one palomino with extra cheese.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

What type of animal meat is being consumed isn't the problem. It's the being LIED to.

"Though it initially made "absolute assurances" that all of its burgers were 100% beef, Burger King has been forced to admit that some of its patties may have contained horse meat, after traces of equine DNA were found at one of their processing plants."

Who gives a crap whether it is kangaroo, possum or horse?????? If a restaurant claims it is squirrel they are serving, then dammit, they better be serving squirrel and not skunk!!!!!!! It's the LYING that is the problem. Why aren't people seeing the elephant in the room??????

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

That's what bothers me the most about this thread... all these peeps jumping in to defend BK are missing the point entirely. They freaking LIED about it!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

That is just great,my husband and I had whoppers for
dinner last night.We have noticed that they have changed
how the whoppers taste.I think I will start making all of our
burgers here at home instead of carry-out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join