Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

IF you eat at Burger King, you've been eatting horse meat!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Such a noble beast should not be eaten by fast food partakers.

“Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ”
― W.C. Fields

“When god created the horse, he said to the magnificent creature: I have made thee as no other. All the treasures of the earth lie between thy eyes. Thy shalt carry my friends upon thy back. Thy saddle shall be the seat of prayers to me. And thou shalt fly without wings, and conquer without sword; oh horse.”

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
That is disturbing. I try never to eat fast food anymore, but I have always hated burger king even when I worked there as a teen I thought it disgusting and hardly ate it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It tasted ok,I ate some "unique" meated burgers before in Desert Storm,they tasted good too. Camel or goat I think.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Good job the Badger cull never happened then eh ...

Badger Burger....hmmmm

Or a Sweeney Todd Barber Burger......very porky I'm led to believe.

Or hospital off-cut Bacon Burger......

I better stop...you know where I'm going ... what doe's happen to all the dead pets and such-like ??

Probably best not to ask ...people will bleach sawdust, flavor it with fish oil and tell you it's a fish-finger these days.

C..

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
horse meat is great.. it's a delicacy where I live.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Given the problem that people can have allergies to certain kinds of meats, this is the end of Burger King. A couple lawsuits about the lying, a few more about 'allergic reactions' traced back to a certain meal, and they are going to be as belly-up as the animals they have been serving. You cannot and should not stay in business if you actively adulterate your product, and buying cheap meat from Poland isn't an excuse. If you need to have low prices to sell your food, there's something wrong with the business model. Or the general economy, another issue entirely. Maybe the days of fast food eating by people with more money than time is over with.

As an aside, and I realize it's off-topic, that 'real chicken!' kibble you're feeding your cats and dogs is made of ground up male baby chicks that are separated at hatching from the female egg producers and suffocated. It's not nice white breast meat like you've been led to believe by the advertising.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Here horse meat is eaten, When a horse is either sick or has some injury which cannot be safed it will be killed, and the meat we eat.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Don't care. The Whopper is the best burger of the fast food chains. Maybe that because of the horse meat.

I agree. I really don't care. The Whopper is freaking delicious! I've eaten weirder things than horse anyway. Many people around the world eat horse on a daily basis. It's not poison and tastes like beef. I bet I could put a horse burger and a beef burger in front of people and the majority would not be able to tell the difference.

I really don't care. It's fast food...If you want to get worked up about the ingredients, there are much worse things in that burger than horse!

Well, off to burger king to eat me another Clydesdale

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Meet Your Meat:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3
Here horse meat is eaten, When a horse is either sick or has some injury which cannot be safed it will be killed, and the meat we eat.

Eating the meat of a sick mammal is asking for cross-contamination of the disease. This is how mad cow is spread, feeding ill cows to healthy animals (which are strictly ruminants) and from there, the disease spreads to humans. We have little immunities to other mammal diseases.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
They should really offer a horse burger, I'd love to try one

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Oh Wilbur! Say it isn't so..
What a night - mare!
I won't get foaled again.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

I really don't care. It's fast food...If you want to get worked up about the ingredients, there are much worse things in that burger than horse!

I would like to think the aspect that people are getting worked up about is the false advertisement. The lying. Personally I think that's incredibly wrong, and considering how many seem flippant, apparently sets a precedent for other businesses to be dishonest and get away with it.
edit on 2-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I love how the argument some have is "So what, I likes me some horsey burger." when the fact is the place denied using horse meat. That is the issue.

So what if it's legal is some parts of the world. Big deal, in my opinion it's still offensive to eat such a creature, and *I* make the *PERSONAL* choice not to eat horse. Or dog. Or pig. and a variety of things, because I can make that decision for me.

So if some place outright lies and sells me something I would specifically deny, and has never been even a hint of an issue - horse meat in your hamburger.. what is this 1878?

What if eating the placenta of your tribes baby was all the rage in Somewhere else. "So what, they eat placenta in Ungbukbuk. I hear tell it's salty!"

as you read "Red Rooster caught using Human Placenta in secret basting sauce."

Some people are just so eager to prove they're rough'n'ready. Horse meat - Tick.

edit on 2-2-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

It has to be said...

JUST SAY NEIGH!!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
Who cares? It's delicious?
:

Pretty much, not to sound crude but meat is meat. We should consider how lucky we are that we live "in a world" were we can be selective about what kind of meat we eat and we don't have to get our hands dirty to get it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

We should consider how lucky we are that we live "in a world" were we can be selective about what kind of meat we eat and we don't have to get our hands dirty to get it.

Indeed we should feel lucky about that. Or in my case, that my situation allows me to forgo it altogether.

But that's just it! It wasn't selective! It wasn't selected. That's the point. People were lied to.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I always thought Burger King had better burgers than McDonald's

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

I agree with you .. who gives a flying F&%$ They make the best burgers.. a taco place I use to eat at.. got shut down.. selling horse meat tacos.. best tacos ever..

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising. "Truth" refers to essentially the same concept, that customers have the right to know what they are buying, and that all necessary information should be on the label.

wiki: false advertising

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join