It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Shots of the Second American Revolution have been fired

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GenxAlphaCompany

I never get tired of repeating this. The supremacy clause is NOT a trump card over state rights.

the Key phrase is "pursuance there of". It is a guarantee that the constitutional rights and powers of the federal government will not be usurped by any one state or private entity. Like if a state tried to negotiate with a foreign power on behalf of the union, or tried to print its own money, the supremacy clause could be used. It does not give new powers to the federal government nor does it invalidate state supremacy.

Notice it mentions all existing laws and treaties. The federal government is still bound to the original understanding of the constitution which makes state sovereignty supreme.

The Supremacy Clause only applies if Congress is acting in pursuit of its constitutionally authorized powers. Federal laws are valid and are supreme, so long as those laws were adopted in pursuance of—that is, consistent with—the Constitution. Nullification, is the legal theory that states have the right to nullify, or invalidate, any federal laws which they view as being unconstitutional; or any federal law that the states view as having exceeded Congresses’ constitutionally authorized powers.

The courts have found that under Article III of the Constitution, the final power to declare federal laws unconstitutional has been delegated to the federal courts and that the states therefore do not have the power to nullify federal law.
en.wikipedia.org...

FROM YOUR LINK....

oh, and the Tenth amendment should also be considered, though it MAY be a truism, it is still valid and more so now than ever.

The Tenth Amendment is similar to an earlier provision of the Articles of Confederation: "Each state retains its sovereignty, freedom, and independence, and every power, jurisdiction, and right, which is not by this Confederation expressly delegated to the United States, in Congress assembled." After the Constitution was ratified, some wanted to add a similar amendment limiting the federal government to powers "expressly" delegated, which would have denied implied powers. However, the word "expressly" ultimately did not appear in the Tenth Amendment as ratified, and therefore the Tenth Amendment did not reject the powers implied by the Necessary and Proper Clause.

When he introduced the Tenth Amendment in Congress, James Madison explained that many states were eager to ratify this amendment, despite critics who deemed the amendment superfluous or unnecessary:
I find, from looking into the amendments proposed by the State conventions, that several are particularly anxious that it should be declared in the Constitution, that the powers not therein delegated should be reserved to the several States. Perhaps words which may define this more precisely than the whole of the instrument now does, may be considered as superfluous. I admit they may be deemed unnecessary: but there can be no harm in making such a declaration, if gentlemen will allow that the fact is as stated. I am sure I understand it so, and do therefore propose it.
en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you James Madison, it was not unnecessary or superfluous.....Good idea Guy....

About the Tenth Amendment

“The Tenth Amendment was intended to confirm the understanding of the people at the time the Constitution was adopted, that powers not granted to the United States were reserved to the States or to the people. It added nothing to the instrument as originally ratified.” – United States v. Sprague, 282 U.S. 716, 733 (1931).

The founding fathers had good reason to pen the Tenth Amendment.

The issue of power – and especially the great potential for a power struggle between the federal and the state governments – was extremely important to the America’s founders. They deeply distrusted government power, and their goal was to prevent the growth of the type of government that the British has exercised over the colonies.

Adoption of the Constitution of 1787 was opposed by a number of well-known patriots including Patrick Henry, Samuel Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and others. They passionately argued that the Constitution would eventually lead to a strong, centralized state power which would destroy the individual liberty of the People. Many in this movement were given the poorly-named tag “Anti-Federalists.”

The Tenth Amendment was added to the Constitution of 1787 largely because of the intellectual influence and personal persistence of the Anti-Federalists and their allies.

It’s quite clear that the Tenth Amendment was written to emphasize the limited nature of the powers delegated to the federal government. In delegating just specific powers to the federal government, the states and the people, with some small exceptions, were free to continue exercising their sovereign powers.

When states and local communities take the lead on policy, the people are that much closer to the policymakers, and policymakers are that much more accountable to the people. Few Americans have spoken with their president; many have spoken with their mayor.

Adherence to the Tenth Amendment is the first step towards ensuring liberty in the United States. Liberty through decentralization.
tenthamendmentcenter.com...

edit on 31-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Then why did Obama extend the Patriot Act? Why did he sign NDAA? Why did he sign NDRP? Why is Bush being blamed for Obama's actions?

Bush was following an Agenda and now Obama is following his. Apparently people think it's ok for Obama to extend the Patriot Act because Bush signed it off first. Where the hell is the logic in that? Seriously?

But I wouldn't worry about NDAA as much as the two American citizens being killed in Yemen. And now free speech is being limited because you might be "offending" someone. Mmmmmm I love Big Brother.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Bush was following an Agenda and now Obama is following his. Apparently people think it's ok for Obama to extend the Patriot Act because Bush signed it off first. Where the hell is the logic in that? Seriously?

It’s not logical…its simply a reaction (much like the first response to this thread
).

But I wouldn't worry about NDAA as much as the two American citizens being killed in Yemen. And now free speech is being limited because you might be "offending" someone. Mmmmmm I love Big Brother.

Isn’t it wonderful how these “politicians” use the media to try and influence what WE should be concerned about? You know things are out of control when they feel they can lie to us and control us and they have no fear of us finding out.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

edit on 31-1-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Seriously? Redneck? He's talking way more sense than you. Funny how racisim gets brought into it by all the supporters. That's the only argument you have! NO ONE BROUGHT UP THE KKK! What were there too many big words so you chalked it up to a racist thought? You obviously have never looked into anything that puppet tries to sell you. People like you are one of the biggest reasons he's gotten this far. Too lazy to see the FACTS and just throw ridiculous accusations out there. You by mentioning racism are the racist. He is and always has been an evil man. The color of his skin has nothing to do with it. It is what he is doing as president

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Nice ranting. That is, redneck style.

Thanks!

Leave your S&F on the OP!

Just accept the fact a black man was re-elected into the white house. This Alex Jones "Hate the black man in the WH" doesnt work here buddy. Obama will be in office 4 more years and save this country from fringe KKK lunatics and other assorted right wing trash trying to destroy it from within.

The lowest form of logical fallacy is race baiting.

I take it you have no point to make?

Would it change your view if I told you I wasn’t white?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by seabag

Just accept the fact a black man was re-elected into the white house. This Alex Jones "Hate the black man in the WH" doesnt work here buddy. Obama will be in office 4 more years and save this country from fringe FOX news lunatics and other assorted right wing trash trying to destroy it from within.

Funny you changed it from the KKK to Fox news lunatics. No one is mentioning fox news. His sources and I only saw one was the white house website. Also what laws is Fox news passing? None. They have no control over the gov't. But you know who does... Obama and he has been running this country into the ground. It is beyond repair. Get your facts straight you ignorant turd

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Thanks!

Leave your S&F on the OP!

Just accept the fact a black man was re-elected into the white house. This Alex Jones "Hate the black man in the WH" doesnt work here buddy. Obama will be in office 4 more years and save this country from fringe KKK lunatics and other assorted right wing trash trying to destroy it from within.

The lowest form of logical fallacy is race baiting.

I take it you have no point to make?

Would it change your view if I told you I wasn’t white?

He made your point for you. See the kind of people that support whatever Obama does. Lazy and just do not care what is actually happening within the government

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wanderer777

He is and always has been an evil man. The color of his skin has nothing to do with it. It is what he is doing as president

"Is and always has been an evil man?"

You gotta be kidding me. Have you known him since his university years? Were you a neighbour of his (not)? What did he do to merit such judgement from the past in your eyes? And today. Is he evil because he has to handle the toughest job in the world and on a daily basis handle a bunch of people of immense power trying to destroy the country in oorder to benefit their own personal interests or groups. Is it because he kills terrorists by means of drone attacks?
He acts like a President and leader of a great nation with hard problems caused by the Bush family and their neocon right wing nuts whom lowered the taxes and went out to war, LOL!!!

In my book the Bush family was evil considering the millions of iraqis they killed with their wars.

Now go home to right wing utopia and keep slurping that FOX kool-aid buddy.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

wow, talk about a step back in time.
No where in this thread was race/color mentioned until you jumped
in face first.
way to take a thread down a few notches. You should take a deep
look in the mirror.

as far as this thread, the op is making more sense than any i have seen
so far. Sure beats the heck out of your racist ramblings any day.

Obama save us from anything would be a start be it fox or the flying spaghetti
monster. He is not there to save us, he is there just like all the others before him,
to pad his pockets and further his career. No elected official is actually in power
for the average joe any more.

Deni ignorance indeed, you should look that up and try to put racism behind you.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer777

All you can do is shine the spotlight on people like that.

Check it out at this link.

Be sure to read the OP, too.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It's funny you keep bringing up Fox, because I've never watched Fox once in my life. Have you ever once done any research on the man? Here ill post a video so you dont have to read. Because reading is bad. Im sure you support him because he's going to make it to where you never have to have a job. Never have to worry about getting your OWN house. Hey all these people that ARE working will pay for it so why am I worried. Yeah real stand up guy if you like thievery.

Everything in this video isnt crazy tin foil hat stuff. it is the truth from an ex marine who actually fought to support this country unlike you

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

All you can do is shine the spotlight on people like that.

Check it out at this link.

Be sure to read the OP, too.

Bro that hit the nail right on the head. Makes perfect sense.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Redneck? Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I would rather be called a redneck, then a limp wristed pussy. I am not sure why redneck as namecalling is any more acceptable than 'n-word'.

When redneck is tossed out there, it is specifically meant for white people, same as 'n-word' is usually tossed out there for black people. Why is it different? I am native american mostly, but I guess I will always be identified as a redneck, I guess it fits, "indians" were called redskins

Oh wow, ATS specifically filters 'n-word', but not redneck......
edit on Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:47:31 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It's funny you keep bringing up Fox, because I've never watched Fox once in my life. Have you ever once done any research on the man? Here ill post a video so you dont have to read. Because reading is bad. Im sure you support him because he's going to make it to where you never have to have a job. Never have to worry about getting your OWN house. Hey all these people that ARE working will pay for it so why am I worried. Yeah real stand up guy if you like thievery.

Don’t feed the trolls…ignore him. I’m surprised he’s been around this long. Must be some WATS member’s sock account!

Everything in this video isnt crazy tin foil hat stuff. it is the truth from an ex marine who actually fought to support this country unlike you.

Bobby Powell!! He was an ATS member named OldCorp…good guy...a true Oathkeeper!

Semper Fi, BOB!

(By the way…it’s “former Marine” unless you are dishonorably discharged.
)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

A bald hick, emulating Alex Jones with some ranting about US being at the same point as ancient rome, right before it became utterly corrupted and fell and so on.

And ...let me see...oh!...that all this misfortune currently befalling US is the fault of that evil black dude in the WH, whom dares make decisions that might cost the life of US citizens???

So how many lives did the decisions of Bush cost the country? Can you answer that? Spare me this right wing propaganda son. Its old and boring.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
IMPEACHMENT trumps Revolution. If the problem lies primarily at the top then the leadership should be replaced....especially peacefully and legally.

The problem doesn't lie at the leadership level.

The problem lies the super wealthy who consider themselves the "elite", and are basically shot callers in the US and elsewhere.

It doesn't matter if Obama gets impeached, why would it? The whole SYSTEM has been bent to the will of the super wealthy "elite", who pretty much use the American Infastructure (military, education, science, religious, political, government, media, etc) as tools to do their bidding.

I don't think we have the answer as to what will "save" this country, or world, for that matter. I'm no so sure it can be "saved". Greater transparency would definitely be a step in the right direction. More candidates for political positions, who aren't in the lead due to financial backing alone would be another great step. For instance, if we used the internet to educate ourselves about potential leaders who actually want to do good for the COUNTRY, not just their buddies.

If things are to truly get better - more and more people need to make a stand. More and more people need to speak out. Every aspect of our infastructure needs to be re-worked , or re-built.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by seabag

Just accept the fact a black man was re-elected into the white house. This Alex Jones "Hate the black man in the WH" doesnt work here buddy. Obama will be in office 4 more years

It is pretty sad to see people attack the OP for calling on both the REP and DEMS to
be kicked out of office. Right now Obama is the head of the snake, he is leading the charge against
the freedom of Americans. Has nothing to do with skin color besides
Obama is not black... He has some black in him. A real black man
like jesse jackson will never get into the whitehouse..

When the government hits you fires shot after shot at you when do you strike back?

How many times do you let men hit you? As many as they like because your a punching bag moron...

Were not

DONT TREAD ON ME

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join