It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia man guns down immigrant after GPS sends him to wrong driveway

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by xedocodex

This is a freak incident. This isn't indicative of America's gun culture. This was probably a racist guy who was a little messed up. No one is going to defend someone for shooting someone that pulls up in their driveway and the guy is arrested and going to jail so I am not really sure what the relevance is on a conspiracy site except to further anti gun agenda.

Read the replies...plenty of people defending him.

And no, it isn't a freak incident...it is far to common...and it is why I think gun owners should be required to undergo annual psych evals to determine their mental capacity.

Since you brought it up, show us some statistics. How common is it for a non-ciminal in the US to wrongfully shoot an innocent man due to mistaken identity?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by captaintyinknots

ex·trem·ist
/ikˈstrēmist/
Noun
A person who holds extreme or fanatical political or religious views, esp. one who resorts to or advocates extreme action.

From my cold dead hands
If they try to take our guns there will be a civil war
The first person who tries to take away my guns will get them..... 1 bullet at a time

If you have ever said, supported or starred any of the above or similar comments you are an extremist according to the definition of the word

I will never comply with any sort of book ban and I will never force anyone to practice a religion against their will. I will never support a business that refuses service to black people. I guess these are extremist views too.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

We are talking about one person out of 7 Billion aren't we?

Actually pointless shooting are pretty common in America.

300 people are shot every single DAY!

So glad I wasn't brown skinned with a faulty GPS on my trip to America.

and some 3000 a day dies from a heart attack, good thing you didn't load up on Mc Donalds or that might of got you too.

You choose your diet, that is your choice. You do not choose to get shot, especially when you have not purposefully put yourself in a position where that is a risk. Your non sequitors just show a tad of desparation to justify what was a murder. I'm sure you would be just as sanguine if your other half had (God forbid) been shot at the mall you said she was in recently when shooting broke out......... wouldn't you? Would her family?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

You choose your diet, that is your choice. You do not choose to get shot, especially when you have not purposefully put yourself in a position where that is a risk. Your non sequitors just show a tad of desparation to justify what was a murder. I'm sure you would be just as sanguine if your other half had (God forbid) been shot at the mall you said she was in recently when shooting broke out......... wouldn't you? Would her family?

Whats funny is, do you know what stopped that mall shooter? Doubt it, as it has been whitewashed from the national media.

Ill fill ya in.

A citizen with a CCW, pulled his weapon and aimed at the shooter. The shooter then fled.

So.....imagine that. A gun did a GOOD thing that day, too.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Whats funny is, do you know what stopped that mall shooter? Doubt it, as it has been whitewashed from the national media.

Ill fill ya in.

A citizen with a CCW, pulled his weapon and aimed at the shooter. The shooter then fled.

No, not really. That citizen (and I think you are referring to a different story by the way) should not have played Dirty Harry, but hey, live in a fantasy all you like, funny how Hollywood doesn't make too many films where the have a go hero ends up shooting innocents due to the panic that ensues in such a crisis isn't it?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Ill fill ya in.

No, not really. That citizen (and I think you are referring to a different story by the way) should not have played Dirty Harry, but hey, live in a fantasy all you like, funny how Hollywood doesn't make too many films where the have a go hero ends up shooting innocents due to the panic that ensues in such a crisis isn't it?

So, a gun owner using their weapon in a responsible manner to stop a crime in progress is playing 'dirty harry' in your mind?

The gun owner did EXACTLY the right thing. He pulled his weapon. He surveyed the situation. He aimed his weapon. Upon realization that it was not safe to fire, he did not fire. Just the visual was enough to deter the criminal.

Yours is a post full of rhetoric, but devoid of fact.

The FACT is that this citizen saved lives by using his weapon in a responsible way.

But hey, keep living in that fantasy world where everyone who owns a gun is a vigilante or wants to be Rambo

Funny how the media doesnt talk about cases such as this, huh? Funny how they only focus on the evils guns do, and not the good. Funny how the agenda is working, as you are a prime example of.

And for the record, no, I am not referring to another story. Clackamas mall shooter.
edit on 30-1-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

But I thought we were a "nation of immigrants".

"Amendment II. A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Ill fill ya in.

So, a gun owner using their weapon in a responsible manner to stop a crime in progress is playing 'dirty harry' in your mind?

The gun owner did EXACTLY the right thing. He pulled his weapon. He surveyed the situation. He aimed his weapon. Upon realization that it was not safe to fire, he did not fire. Just the visual was enough to deter the criminal.

Yours is a post full of rhetoric, but devoid of fact.

The FACT is that this citizen saved lives by using his weapon in a responsible way.

But hey, keep living in that fantasy world where everyone who owns a gun is a vigilante or wants to be Rambo

Funny how the media doesnt talk about cases such as this, huh? Funny how they only focus on the evils guns do, and not the good. Funny how the agenda is working, as you are a prime example of.

And for the record, no, I am not referring to another story. Clackamas mall shooter.

Rip City, baby? Well what can I say. But yes, carrying a gun shouldn't make you a vigilante and statistically I believe the chances are most people would have hit innocent civilians. But let's agree to disagree, I really don't want to discuss how a gun stops a gun - NRA would have to pay us some royalties for that,

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Apparently you arent a fan of the NBA, or you would get what "Rip City" means. But I digress.

There is NOTHING to agree to disagree on. You are wrong. Period. The citizen acted in a VERY responsible manner, with a gun, and deterred further carnage by doing so. He is a hero (not that you'll ever hear the media say that). He did not "play dirty harry" or any of the asinine accusations. He saved lives WITH A GUN.

He is a PRIME example of why gun ownership is a GOOD thing.

So no, I wont agree to disagree, as, like I already said, you are flat out wrong, and cannot defend your assertion.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Apparently you arent a fan of the NBA, or you would get what "Rip City" means. But I digress.

There is NOTHING to agree to disagree on. You are wrong. Period. The citizen acted in a VERY responsible manner, with a gun, and deterred further carnage by doing so. He is a hero (not that you'll ever hear the media say that). He did not "play dirty harry" or any of the asinine accusations. He saved lives WITH A GUN.

He is a PRIME example of why gun ownership is a GOOD thing.

So no, I wont agree to disagree, as, like I already said, you are flat out wrong, and cannot defend your assertion.

No, you misread my post completely, but that's ok.

I was responding to a post that seemed to suggest that one person being killed by a gun was just one out of several billion people. I asked if he would have felt the same if his other half had tragically been killed in the situation she found herself in through no fault of her own by an idiot with a gun.

Everything you have posted is your opinion - but thank you, I didn't ask for it.

ETA, Rip City, do you mean......

Rip City Live - Be The Best! ripcitylive.com/ This is a web and text based role-playing game that takes place in the criminal world of the Mafia.

edit on 30-1-2013 by something wicked because: lol, couldn't resist

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

His other half was quite possibly saved by this citizen with a gun. So, you can have your "what if" question-those of us who use logic will look at the facts. And the facts are, a gun stopped this person from killing more people, perhaps even the other poster's 'other half'. Sounds like a pro-gun argument to me.

No, they are not just my opinions-they are facts. And frankly, by posting what you did, you ABSOLUTELY did ask for opinions on the matter, like it or not.

ETA: Nope. As I already said, Rip City has to do with the NBA. Its a long standing catch-phrase coined by Bill Schonley. It is synonymous with Portland, Oregon. Any other use was stolen or came later than the Schonz's use.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KilroyRock

And NONE of it would have happened if the guy had stayed in Cuba.

Why should he? He has every right to come here legally if he wants to. Unless you are 100% native American you have no right to tell anyone to leave anyway.

How about this: You stop blaming guns, and I'll stop blaming immigrants for breaking into my neighbors' houses.

Where is the evidence that anyone was breaking into a house?

edit on 30-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I think some are missing a very simple point here. If you are on a stranger's property in the US then you should be cautious....it is NOT your property and there are laws protecting it.

You can't shoot someone just for trespassing.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

His other half was quite possibly saved by this citizen with a gun. So, you can have your "what if" question-those of us who use logic will look at the facts. And the facts are, a gun stopped this person from killing more people, perhaps even the other poster's 'other half'. Sounds like a pro-gun argument to me.

No, they are not just my opinions-they are facts. And frankly, by posting what you did, you ABSOLUTELY did ask for opinions on the matter, like it or not.

ETA: Nope. As I already said, Rip City has to do with the NBA. Its a long standing catch-phrase coined by Bill Schonley. It is synonymous with Portland, Oregon. Any other use was stolen or came later than the Schonz's use.

Ah, whatever, you will have your opinion, I will have mine. We aren't going to have a reasonable debate so let's not bother going forward. But, because you seem to replying on behalf of the poster, her life was actually saved by store workers closing down the store with shutters. And Amen to that and I watched that occur on ATS in real time and breathed a real sigh of relief that she was ok.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Nice cop out. Again, its not my opinion. THEY ARE THE FACTS OF WHAT HAPPENED THAT DAY. I know its easier to write off the facts, because they show comments like "he shouldn't have played dirty harry" to be completely asinine, but it doesnt change a thing.

You seem to be trying really hard to break away from this conversation. Interesting.

You watched it unfold on ATS? I watched it unfold in REAL LIFE. I know people who were in the mall that day. I was texting with someone who was locked down, while it was happening in real time. I have met even more, since then, that were there. You're correct, the employees actions were perfect. That doesnt change the FACT that a person pulling out a LEGALLY and RESPONSIBLY owned gun cause the CRIMINAL to cease firing and flee.

Let me state that, one more time, clearly: A CITIZEN, USING HIS GUN RESPONSIBLY, STOPPED THE CRIMINAL FROM KILLING MORE PEOPLE.

Easier to ignore the positives that guns do than the negatives, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

How many real world instances can you name where a hero accidentally shoots innocent people in a dramatic moment where they are trying to get a bad guy?

I can name one off the top of my head where a guy that was a legal gun owner and had a CCW started to shoot a mass shooter, had them in their sights and then decided against it because they saw civilians moving behind them. That happened at the Clackamas shooting. The mass shooter actually killed himself after seeing the guy pointing a gun at him.

You shouldn't make ridiculous claims because we will call them out. The idea that people get caught in cross fire regularly (if ever really) is ludicrous. It's probably happened, but not more than a few times. More times people have shown restraint or been very good shots.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

How many real world instances can you name where a hero accidentally shoots innocent people in a dramatic moment where they are trying to get a bad guy?

I can name one off the top of my head where a guy that was a legal gun owner and had a CCW started to shoot a mass shooter, had them in their sights and then decided against it because they saw civilians moving behind them. That happened at the Clackamas shooting. The mass shooter actually killed himself after seeing the guy pointing a gun at him.

You shouldn't make ridiculous claims because we will call them out. The idea that people get caught in cross fire regularly (if ever really) is ludicrous. It's probably happened, but not more than a few times. More times people have shown restraint or been very good shots.

I think you are talking more hollywood actually, please provide some statistics, and again, this has nothing to do with the actual point I raised.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

No.. I am talking real life and fact. I don't have to do the leg work when you are the one that made the idiotic claim. I made the only point I need to and it was a recent event even. It does touch on your point. If you are going to make up nonsense claims you should be the one providing statistics.. or even just one shred of evidence. I am not talking hollywood.. as I stated previous Clackamas was a real event maybe you need to re read my post.
edit on 30-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

No.. I am talking real life and fact. I don't have to do the leg work when you are the one that made the idiotic claim. I made the only point I need to and it was a recent event even. It does touch on your point. If you are going to make up nonsense claims you should be the one providing statistics.. or even just one shred of evidence. I am not talking hollywood.. as I stated previous Clackamas was a real event maybe you need to re read my post.
edit on 30-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

So, I will repeat my point because I understand you have an issue with such things, I was responding to a poster that apeared to claim that one murder was just a statistic and I asked if he would have felt the same if (God forbid) his wife had been killed during that mall shooting.

Now, if you want to discuss that, go for it, but I'm not sure if you are in a position to. If you want to call me an idiot, go for it, I will just ignore your posts and consider you someone who has their own opinion regardless of the point - that is my choice.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

We are talking about one person out of 7 Billion aren't we?

The death of one person usually affects more than one person to be blunt. Family, friends, etc. Mind you I'm a biased poster in this, I am a green card holder

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join