It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia man guns down immigrant after GPS sends him to wrong driveway

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

See, we don't know anything about this yet. Jumping to conclusions is going to help no one. How about we see what we find out before we start shouting murder.

So far, it does look like Murder may be on the table, but we really know nothing about what happened yet.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Your wasting your time OP.

if your not American just be thankful there arent a 100+ million armed extremists walking around your country.

Possibly the most asinine statement I have ever read on this site-and that is saying a LOT. If you think every gun owner in america is an extremist, you are lost, friend.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i'm shocked!, just shocked!....a white georgian man shoots a brown skinned cuban who came on his property...must have been one of the scary secret obama cubans.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

ex·trem·ist
/ikˈstrēmist/
Noun
A person who holds extreme or fanatical political or religious views, esp. one who resorts to or advocates extreme action.

From my cold dead hands
If they try to take our guns there will be a civil war
The first person who tries to take away my guns will get them..... 1 bullet at a time

If you have ever said, supported or starred any of the above or similar comments you are an extremist according to the definition of the word

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Pretty irresponsible reporting,
I'd like to know what brand 22 he had, darn thing is obviously pretty accurate, would make a great zombie killer.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

And NONE of it would have happened without a gun.

And NONE of it would have happened if the guy had stayed in Cuba.

How about this: You stop blaming guns, and I'll stop blaming immigrants for breaking into my neighbors' houses.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by KilroyRock

This attitude and mentality like this is whats wrong with America.

He should have stayed in Cuba? Why? it is wrong to come to America unless your Native Indi... i mean white?

Where does it is say he was a ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT? oh wait, you are a legal immigrant to the Americas?

He is probably more legal than you.

edit on 1/30/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think some are missing a very simple point here. If you are on a stranger's property in the US then you should be cautious....it is NOT your property and there are laws protecting it. Just as police expect you to know the laws that you may or may not be breaking when they arrest you for something you had no idea was wrong....ignorance is not an excuse that is accepted by courts.

Had the homeowner had dogs that he let out the door and that ripped the individual(s) apart that were trespassing would we be having this discussion? Would there be a call for a ban on dogs? Maybe if they were pitbulls we would because we all know they are killers (sarcasm intended)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Wow, this is crazy and people still defending a gun owner like him?

When i went 200km north to a resort with a friend, i had to pick up a friend's friend in an UNKNOWN neighborhood, all i had was GPS, seeing the area is not a perfect grid like the city.... i ended on the house behind my friends house. i walked up and knocked on the door.. and thank god it was Canada... or i would have been a dead man.

I should stay away from non city areas in states!

lol its the cities were the majority of the violence occurs.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

I don't know, maybe it my city mind set, its like, cities are always populated, so no one would just openly fire on someone knocking on their door, if i get shot, i know chances are others would hear and something will be done about it. Who knows, i could possibly survive

But if its some country side, where people get alarmed from seeing stranger that don't live in the place.. things could get ugly, and even if i get killed, i could be disposed in secret.. like i never existed.

Meh, its not normal, it is possible.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by SpearMint

How do you know it wouldn't have happened if he didn't have a gun?
If he didn't have a gun he would have had something else.
It's a crazy old man who was trained how to kill was my point.

If he had a knife or something then the man had a chance to defend himself or run, if he got stabbed he wouldn't necessarily die from his wounds. Someone is a lot less likely to try to kill someone with a knife or other hand held weapons because of this. The man had no chance though. Bang. Dead.
No offense, really, but your post reflects that you have very limited knowledge on weaponry, or man to man combat using a knife. A knife is very deadly, my friend.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
One thing is for sure. There isn't much reporting about the kids ever having left their car.

Here's the only report I've seen of anyone being out of the car.

Puglise says his client grabbed his gun when he heard loud, unusual noises outside his home on Hillcrest Road. Then, the attorney says, Sailors saw two people running near his back door. "He went out and he confronted the individuals, who at this time were running for their car, got into the vehicle.

www.myfoxatlanta.com...

What doesn't make sense to me is why these kids, mostly teens, claiming they were going ice skating after 10:00 pm? The closest ice rink, in the town where Rodrigo Diaz was from closes up at 8:00 pm (unless they wanted to drive another 20 miles out of their way).

Reposted for you since people either missed your post or are choosing to not address it.

Their story doesn't add up per Deetermined's comment above with information about LOCAL skate rinks.
Also two different articles have mentioned one or more of the kids being out of the car, not sitting in it the whole time as the original post indicates.

To whomever earlier said their sister was almost shot while visiting America, I am glad she is safe. I would point out to anyone interested in avoiding potentially being shot, don't go around to someone's back door, into their fenced in yards, peer in windows, etc. All those things are done by robbers. You might be innocent, but your actions make you appear guilty.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by captaintyinknots

ex·trem·ist
/ikˈstrēmist/
Noun
A person who holds extreme or fanatical political or religious views, esp. one who resorts to or advocates extreme action.

From my cold dead hands
If they try to take our guns there will be a civil war
The first person who tries to take away my guns will get them..... 1 bullet at a time

If you have ever said, supported or starred any of the above or similar comments you are an extremist according to the definition of the word

Pretty silly assumption that every gun owner holds these views, but Ill go a step beyond that-Is it an extremist view to defend freedom of speech? Or how about this: lumping all gun owners in as you have, complete with labels, is an extremist view. Pot, kettle?

To support ones rights is not extremism, and on top of that, exercising said rights is not extremism.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

This is a freak incident. This isn't indicative of America's gun culture. This was probably a racist guy who was a little messed up. No one is going to defend someone for shooting someone that pulls up in their driveway and the guy is arrested and going to jail so I am not really sure what the relevance is on a conspiracy site except to further anti gun agenda.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I am afraid you need to brush up on your definition. Would it make you an extremist if you said that about someone taking your life savings from your hands? That you would kill to protect what's yours and what you need to get by?

A lot of people (you included) have this bizarre inclination of what gun owners in America are actually like. Are you from America?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

This is a freak incident. This isn't indicative of America's gun culture. This was probably a racist guy who was a little messed up. No one is going to defend someone for shooting someone that pulls up in their driveway and the guy is arrested and going to jail so I am not really sure what the relevance is on a conspiracy site except to further anti gun agenda.

And right there, where I bolded, you hit it on the head. If anyone ever wondered if ATS was infiltrated, Sandy Hook and the subsequent gun control push have all but proven it. The amount of brand new members, playing into the fringe theories, gun-control agendas, and passing blatantly false info as fact is disturbing. And obvious.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Read the replies...plenty of people defending him.

And no, it isn't a freak incident...it is far to common...and it is why I think gun owners should be required to undergo annual psych evals to determine their mental capacity.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

How common is it.
You are on the internet, people defend everything on here. Stuff they wouldn't defend in real life. They will make any argument that is there to be made. The guy wasn't justified and he will rightfully go to jail. If the guy had tried to break in his house then it would be a different story. I have a private driveway and people come in all the time to turn around despite signs and everything. I don't run out and shoot at them.

It's not indicative of America's gun culture, you are sensationalizing just as the media does. It is what it is. A guy shot someone for a stupid reason and now he will go to prison for it. End of story.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I too think there is more to this story than is being reported. Why were these people lingering on the man's property? If I use someone's driveway to turn around, I simply pull in, reverse out and bam, I'm gone, because I am aware of the fact that even for that short amount of time, I am trespassing on someone elses property. I am in a place and on a person's property that I do not have permission to be on. If they were simply "trying to find the correct route" they should have kept on their way and pulled off on the side of the road. There is no excuse for this man over-reacting the way he did, IF he did. But, there is a right way to handle every situation and this was definitely not it.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

This is just one more unfortunate case of America's gun culture. This is also an example as to why "shoot them" is not always the answer. Just because a car pulls up in your driveway, it doesn't mean they are there to kill/attack/rob you.

This is where mental health and gun ownership collide...this man wasn't clinically insane...but he did share a common trait among gun owners and that is extreme and illogical paranoia. This man's paranoia drove him to murder an innocent man.

If you are that paranoid that everyone is out to get you, the last thing you should have is a gun in your possession.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

That's funny. I've carried and owned guns for 30 years and not a single one of my privately owned guns have shot anyone.

The ones Uncle Sam gave me are another story.

Are you paranoid because you have a fire extinguisher? It is a bit of a silly leap that you made.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join