It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Told You , And So It Begins. Move Over Gun Control, It's Immigration Time.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Agarta

You skipped a very important step.

It is moving smoothly because for once, oh thank god for once, they are agreeing on the steps.

And I actually agree with the GOP input on it.

That the border has to be secured first.
That those applying for citizenship get behind everyone else.
They can't have a criminal record.
And they have to pay backtaxes and fines.

do you really think they can do that with 11 million people? 11 million criminal records? 11 million back taxes, 11 million fines? A secured border lol how many times has that been said? 11 million times?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Where is this 10 - 11 million people figure coming from? As I recall, when they were talking about amnesty four years ago, the estimates were closer to 20 to 30 million illegal immigrants. Did 10 to 20 million decide to leave after the economy tanked? Or do they just figure that a smaller number will help sell amnesty?

Anyway, since were going to let illegal immigrants in, how about we take in some Chinese? I bet they could round up 100 million or so undesireables and send them here. Hell, they could just empty out Tibet and send us all the natives. That way they don't have to do any more ethnic cleansing there.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
well

duh

gun control was settled, the debate is over

the only people still talking about it are the clueless and the bored

don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, the gun control story was over the day obama signed his EO's
edit on 29-1-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by muse7

No this country is not about second chances they don't give a rats behind about illegals it is about Votes.

Anyone who think its more than voting is not living in reality.

Well if it's about votes...

Perhaps the GOP should come up with a better approach to minorities and women; in fact join main stream America and quit following their hateful leader Rush Limbaugh. Other wise they will continue to be losers like McCain/Palin and Mitt. Trot out some Moderate candidates and stop the dialog of hate.

We're not going back to the 50s, where white old men were the rulers, so get with the program. The GOP had a chance with Dr. Paul, but they blew it. Want change?....change the leadership of the GOP to reflect a more moderate America. I bailed on the GOP because of the hateful rhetoric ; like in this thread, for the Libertarians and Gary Johnson. There's Americas future. Keep up the talk of violent revolution, session and other hot topic conservative talking points and see how many devotees the right wing gets.

edit on 29-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Right the "GOP" should learn how to pander better because that is exactly what your saying.

I think not.we never left the 50s just replaced sexism and racism with Government. both are a live and well.

There real problem are those who seek to promote differences and we all know who that is:

Black,white,hispanic, gay. straight, rich, poor and the list goes on how delusional some people think this country has "evolved" it hasn't.

edit on 29-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by olaru12

Right the "GOP" should learn how to pander better because that is exactly what your saying.

Fine, stick with an exclusive, largely white, largely affluent, largely Christian voter base and see how far that
takes the once "Grand Old Party"...

America is changing and the leadership that appeals to the broadest spectrum of voters will win elections. It's not really that complicated.

Recently there was a thread about "Unity" There can be no Unity if only one side gets to dictate the rules and who is worthy of unifying with us. Unity means compromise somewhere down the line is the way I understand it.

If it's just "Unity" on your terms....no thanks!
edit on 29-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Yeah Yeah whatever I see someone sticking to demagoguery.

Bye.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I disagree, simply because the POTUS comes out and throws up an answer doesn't mean it is solved. You say the only ones that are still discussing it are the ignorant and bored? What about the people that don't just sit back and accept the first thrown out answer spoon fed to them? What about the people that want to find a real answer? Maybe this is the reason for so many issues because people don't actually take the time to work it out and find the true consensus. The POTUS can't just state what he stated and he can't issue an executive order. The Supreme Court already stated it is unconstitutional. Which means it goes to debate in congress. Are you willing to just sit back and let them decide without putting forth your opinion and coming to a conclusion with your fellow countrymen? If there are a lot of people out there following your "Oh well it's over" attitude than I now understand the situation we are actually in.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Agarta because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It is also a good distraction from the focus on the Gun Control Agenda.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
„Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.“

I was told that this is engraved on a bronze plaque pedestal of some old statue nobody looks at any more, besides those tourists.

But I get it, this is not the song played in this reactionary, republican-dominated, prepperistic, separationistic, xenophobic and overall undemocratic (like in "with many voices", here everyone voicing another opinion is told to shut it and grab hold of his gun like a true patriot) part of this nice forum.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
„Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.“

I was told that this is engraved on a bronze plaque pedestal of some old statue nobody looks at any more, besides those tourists.

But I get it, this is not the song played in this reactionary, republican-dominated, prepperistic, separationistic, xenophobic and overall undemocratic (like in "with many voices", here everyone voicing another opinion is told to shut it and grab hold of his gun like a true patriot) part of this nice forum.

Do you realize that illegal immigration and immigration are separate? Even in its first day operational, Ellis Island ( you know, the place with the statue that you mentioned) had a method and screening for immigrants? There was a protocol. Would you be okay with people just waking into Germany and calling it home, eating up your social programs, and coming in against any protocol and in defiance of your laws? I looked, Germany has pretty stringent immigration laws. No one here has said no immigrants whatsoever. The call is to abide by our laws and go through immigration channels properly. Now even our government has disregarded federal law.
How is this so hard to understand?

So you understand how the immigration process worked since you dont seem to understand it well when mentioning the statue of liberty, etc. ....as if people just stumbled in without being accounted for.
sydaby.eget.net...
Ellis Island immigration experience: freepages.family.rootsweb.ancestry.com...

Current immigration process:
www.immigrantjustice.org...
travel.state.gov...

There are many going through the proper immigration process who are welcomed. It has nothing to do with the childish nonsense you posted out of ignorance concerning the facts. I would hope we would streamline the process so it is not so lengthy.. but there will always be those who think they are above the law and deserve to cross illegally rather than recognize the laws of the country they wish to enter.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
The illegal immigrants will be given the opportunity to pay a fine and remain in the country legally without fear of deportation.

Hahahahahaha....

I can't stop laughing. I mean it's sad, but it's funny too. Those crazy old government crooks are addicted to extortion like a junky is addicted to heroin. They don't give a flying # about the immigrants. All they want is the duckets.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yes, because we all had to turn in our guns last week... that must mean Mexicans are taking our jobs this week. By the way, they did take our guns last week just like all y'all said they would right? Right? DHS sent agents door to door and we had a civil war, right? Right? We didn't? You mean all Obama wanted to do was strengthen existing laws and put in better background check regulations? That's it?!? Well, I'm sure this immigration thing will be much more serious than that! I mean, eventually he has to act like the tyrant everyone says he is, right? Eventually?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

What is the surprise?

That is why Republicans lost the election - their stand on immigration lost the Spanish vote. Rubio doesn't have a snowballs chance in Hades if they don't pass something and the GOP is pinning all hope on him.

Why is it OK for Ronald Reagan to grant amnesty to a whole lot of people but not OK when this President does it? It sounds like a double standard and if it walks like a duck....it IS a double standard conveniently resorted to when the intent is to attack this President and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Reagan gave in thinking that the Dems would hold up their end of the bargain.
Just like always, Dems didn't.

What was the Hispanic vote percentage to him and other Reps after that amnesty was granted???
Lower you say??

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by newcovenant

Reagan gave in thinking that the Dems would hold up their end of the bargain.
Just like always, Dems didn't.

What was the Hispanic vote percentage to him and other Reps after that amnesty was granted???
Lower you say??

Well, lets be honest... Reagan probably thought "Amnesty" was a new Hitchcock movie. He was clueless about everything around him except his jar of jelly beans.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Wait..so your saying Obama wants the illegals to start paying taxes like the rest of us shlubs?

but nooooo...if they do that, they will also fall under minimum wage..and then who will cut my lawn for 3 bucks?!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Do you realize that illegal immigration and immigration are separate? Even in its first day operational, Ellis Island ( you know, the place with the statue that you mentioned) had a method and screening for immigrants?

There requirements were...you show up, wait in line, get documented, and then voila...told to get a job.

Things have since gotten a bit more complicated.

And always there is some country purist complaining about the latest boatloads...be it the durned irish, the Italians, the Asians, the Hispanics, etc. (didn't say Africans..they tended to come in a different door).

I wonder how the Native Americans thought of our procedures for "legal" immigration on their land.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This 4 year term system is perfect. All people do know is blame the President. Once he's finished with the agenda he received before he was elected, he #s up and the people want a new, bright leader to come and save the day.

But no one looks behind the curtains. They blame the President for all the mistakes. They think he's the most powerful man in the world and he makes less then a college football coach.

I know this is cliche, but this quote pretty much sums this all up.

Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes her laws
Mayer Amschel Rothschild quotes

These are the guys pulling the strings. These guys orchestrate war and economic failures like it's a computer strategy game.

Honestly if you still believe the political system is on your side look at the 2000 election, the Electoral College, and the corporations who fund the Top 2 candidates every 4 years.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by shivaX

Gun control is coming. Slowly but surely it is coming.

Actually I believe just the opposite. If you're taking guns away from legal, law abiding citizens and making them criminals for obeying the law.....why obey the laws when they (lawmakers) are breaking the laws of the constitution?

What I see happening is that millions of law abiding citizens realize that this is becoming a dictatorship where no matter what you do, you will have no rights. Everyone I know says that if they come knocking for their semi auto assault rifles, they will now purchase fully auto rifles illegaly which aren't registered so they can't be traced.

NOW WHERE'S ACCOUNTABILITY? There is none...........Big flaw in the gov't plan if u ask me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join