It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Told You , And So It Begins. Move Over Gun Control, It's Immigration Time.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Anyone else notice this?

Punish those who have broken no laws-gun owners
Reward those who have broken the law-illegals.

Yep that is the world we live in.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The potus is speaking right now about immigration and saying a bunch of crap, but I want to know when a people or a group of people think they are above the law how will they "make good citizens"?

I also want to know why people act like there are no ways to become citizens?

There are, and there always has been, and that is "unfair" to those who follow the rules why are do they get to jump in front of everyone else?

And to be clear he said 11 million "illegal people" from various countries all over the world, but seriously this is only about 1 ethnic group, and securing future voters.
edit on 29-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by txinfidel

But remember, he never really wanted to be POTUS anyway!

No surprise there, neither did McCain.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
No Deal - Obama: No Border Security Before Path to Citizenship

President Barack Obama is set to reject the key compromise at the heart of a bipartisan deal on immigration reform announced by eight Senators yesterday. The president, who will deliver an address later today in Las Vegas, NV outlining his own immigration ideas, is reported to oppose linking a “path to citizenship” for illegal immigrants, a Democrat demand, to stronger law enforcement and better border security, a Republican demand.

The president will apparently argue that the administration has met reasonable goals on enforcing current immigration legislation, and that additional security will merely create new obstacles to legalizing the roughly 12 million illegal immigrants thought to be living in the United States

www.breitbart.com...
I tell ya he is a real nasty piece of work,

This is exactly why the immigration reform of the eighties didn't work.

Critics point to the lessons from the last time Congress tackled his issue, the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), a 1986 law that legalized 3 million undocumented immigrants. Both sides acknowledge the law produced substantial fraud, leading to nearly triple the number of new residents created by the law.

news.yahoo.com...

www.therightscoop.com...

Amnesty with NO enforcement.
edit on 013131p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
LOL

The Potus just said learn english hes a racist!
edit on 29-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

when millions of our own citizens are unemployed.

There are jobs out there, but, someone people are too good to be Dishwashers and Toilet cleaners....

"I don't want it but you can't have it!"

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He said learn a language, that would help them.

He didn't say "act white!" or "act like a black man!"

All this hate on Obama, i guess he is doing something good lol

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by Night Star

when millions of our own citizens are unemployed.

There are jobs out there, but, someone people are too good to be Dishwashers and Toilet cleaners....

"I don't want it but you can't have it!"

Well that is not true, I wash Toilets, I have been a housekeeper for years now, I have known plenty dishwashers that are not Hispanic, that argument is just bologna.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
and,

My husband is a carpenter, they have a Hispanic roofing crew. they come up in the spring, all live together, do their work, then leave in the fall and go back home, apparently they are not interested in citizenship.

Not to blame them though, my great grandfather did the same thing. Went back to Europe after working the mines for years.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Now.. i have a thing for those people that work then run away. Screw smugglers.

People i prefer are the ones that want to get citizenship and become part of the country.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

No he didn't he said learn english how anyone got that from my post is ridiculous.

There are 11 million undocumented people living in the US. But under President Obama's immigration reform plan, they could soon be on their way to becoming American citizens. They'd have to meet some guidelines first: pass background checks, pay back taxes and fines, and learn English.

www.wwlp.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Now.. i have a thing for those people that work then run away. Screw smugglers.

People i prefer are the ones that want to get citizenship and become part of the country.

I understand, being first generation myself on my fathers side, many of my relatives stayed, many went back to the old country.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I was raised in a home and neighborhood where most people didn't speak English.

But they were here legally. That is a big issue for me.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by neo96

This should be a problem for most a people in a country who can not communicate with each other is doomed to fail.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I've told several people, "You will not recognize this country in 4 years".
Obama is going to pull out all the stops in his 2nd term, public dissent be damned. When the SHTF, I hope the ones who voted for him are happy.

Well of course you will not recognize the country in four years. Nor should you. If the US ever gets to the point where it is stagnant enough that it is the same in 4 years then the nation is in real trouble. And as for public dessent, well the polls on this subject strongly support him to such a degree the is you will recall the Republicans ran with almost the exact same immigration stand. But I am sure the Mexicans will ruin the nation just like all the illegal Irish, Italians, Russians, Africans, Chinese etc. that were being accused of ruining the nation by the bigots of their day.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If I was an illegal immigrant, I wouldn't want citizenship.

I'd already have the same rights, without the taxes. I could get a fake ID from China and drive. Even if I got caught driving, I'd be let go with a ticket and not have to show in court.

No brainer here really....

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Does this mean there are 11 million more tax payers?

On one hand, if or when these people gain "true" citizenship, they will be assigned a SS number. If they have a SS number, they can be taxed. If they can be taxed, that means more state and Federal revenue. No matter what your opinions are on the so called "1%", taxes are a necessity in a civilized society. Sure, taxes could use massive reform, but 11 million more potential tax payers is a good thing.

On the other hand, it also means they may be able to apply for credit. How many of these people will abuse it, since they, like all of us, are constantly bombarded with product marketing and other functions of consumerism? How many of these people will default out of a lack of self control, and ignorance? The majority?

Are they any different than us though? Though they are invisible on paper, they too have been living among us, and may know through vicarious experience of the dangers of credit.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

What you say seems to be true. Why join a system when you already enjoy all of the benefits and none of the detriments? Can anybody tell me how I can sign up?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by neo96

This should be a problem for most a people in a country who can not communicate with each other is doomed to fail.

I am so totally confused by this whole mess, I can only assume our government is the enemy.

Like I asked on another thread what country has 12 million illegals, and that is a low estimate, I mean seriously, if they illegal how do they know for sure how many are really here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join