It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Age movement is quite literally confused and mad!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

And it frightens me to think how bad it will have to get before we, as a collective species, put our feet down and say "Dammit, something has to give."

When Asteroids are falling from the Sun and People are turning to Cannabilism then it may hit home how bad things have gotten.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

You know, I though I read in the O.T. (Bible) that when an enemy gets to close on your skin, one must kill him and eat his flesh.

The following is from a movie or a series.. donnow anymore.

Cops are looking for a cannibal. They find him eating a clown. He asks the cops: "Does this taste funny to you?"
edit on 3-2-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Asteroids falling from the sun would be kind hard, seeing the sun is a giant ball of gas. It's not solid.
but I got your point.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The third eye is a lot older than the Illuminati. Nice to see you're keeping up with mainstream media, though.

No wrong the Illuminati is not mentioned in free to air msm here in Australia (where I am) Fox,news ltd may mention the term for conspirotainment in Discovery or History channel however thats subscription tv which not everyone bothers to subscribe to or can afford less pple would have cable here than in the Nth america still. I dont have it and never had so you can stick you re assumptions i thought enlightened pple didnt make assumptiions.
Secondly the Illuminati is not new they have been around since ancient chaldea and sumeria these are facts not learned off msm. I know more than you imagine on the subject infact there likely little you know that i dont already you have too much of high opinion on yourself perhaps i could knock that down a few pegs.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimordialocker

The third eye is a lot older than the Illuminati. Nice to see you're keeping up with mainstream media, though.

No wrong the Illuminati is not mentioned in free to air msm here in Australia (where I am) Fox,news ltd may mention the term for conspirotainment in Discovery or History channel however thats subscription tv which not everyone bothers to subscribe to or can afford less pple would have cable here than in the Nth america still. I dont have it and never had so you can stick you re assumptions i thought enlightened pple didnt make assumptiions.
Secondly the Illuminati is not new they have been around since ancient chaldea and sumeria these are facts not learned off msm. I know more than you imagine on the subject infact there likely little you know that i dont already you have too much of high opinion on yourself perhaps i could knock that down a few pegs.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

You are wrong as well. That symbol predates Sumerians by several thousand years at the very least. Just because some societies use it for that purpose today does not imply it's meaning during the time of origin. As an example, consider the references to the pine cone in the Vatican. The truth is that the pyramid with the eye at the top is not understood, nor is it clear that it is the third eye. Those who believe "it goes back to Sumer" are evidence of disinformation. The archaeological record says otherwise. Yeah, you don't keep up with mainstream media, but you do keep up with mainstream ideas.

Tis better to keep your mouth shut and have everyone think of you a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

I would review the sources where you get your information.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Ewok_Boba because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I'm thinking we're gonna push it as far as it will possibly go. Not a wise move.

Some people will drive it until the wheels fall off!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

The archaeological record says otherwise. Yeah, you don't keep up with mainstream media, but you do keep up with mainstream ideas.

Its comes from Mystery Religions in ancient Babylon. I gather my sources from places pple like William Cooper(he died for his expose) whom in turn obtained much info from pple like Nesta Webster, William Guy Carr, Judith S Miller.These are the oldest and original coinspiracy writers, researchers they are not exactly Alex Jones, or David Icke or George Noory or even the hosts of ATS whom seem to add their own style of conspirotaiment melodrama to the mix.
I actually prefer to actually read some information I am old school like that sense.Rather than just watch multimedia.

An important point about most of the original conspiracy writers is that they were all actually Christians.
Whereas the 21st century conspiracy snakes skin salesman is more like David Icke or Micheal Tsarion thus closer to being new age gurus like some of you or Occultists they also rip most of their info from the original sources claiming it as their own often without attribution and the new age garbage like lizards penal glands and third eyes whatever.

As for you! You appear to just another arm chair expert more interested in attacking me than anything I have to say. I find this ad hominem attitude very common among americans it makes you all look very foolish. Oh btw ATS is mainstream make no mistake about that. It is the second most sensationalist, ultra crass site I have visited after infowars. So clearly you no idea what alternative really is or looks like!
edit on 7-2-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The new age movement is fruitier than a Fruitcake i think we are all in agreeance.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The new age movement is fruitier than a Fruitcake i think we are all in agreeance.

I think we're all in agreement that you don't have the experience to make that statement with the degree of authority you've found the audacity to muster up. When you have a PhD in the subject, have published articles in numerous relevant magazines of repute, have an army of fellow students and professors with notarized letters of recommendation in hand, and wear a hat to cover your balding head from the decades you've devoted to studying these matters, then come back and tell us how much you know from reading on the internet.
edit on 7-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Mad Pride

That link you provided certainly puts an interesting slant on the subject. Who is to determine who is mad and/or confused or not?

As psychiatric heretic Thomas Szasz said, "If you talk to God, you're praying. If God talks to you, you're a schizophrenic." The prophet is viewed as "psychotic," as was Jesus. Faith knew that. Like all prospective prophets she felt called. She wrote, "I knew that I had been chosen for something and I knew what I had been chosen for and God affirmed all that was bright in my heart and made it solidly golden."

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

May it be a "slant" capable of causing all ignorance and folly to slip headlong into the abyss (oblivion) in a gale of laughter, and the light and love, and humor, of perfect understanding.

edit on 7-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

May it be a "slant" capable of causing all ignorance and folly to slip headlong into the abyss (oblivion) in a gale of laughter, and the light and love, and humor, of perfect understanding.

edit on 7-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

I like your slant on this.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

It's the kind of slant or alchemical fulcrum tipping point, and joke, capable of saving the whole world that only a mad person could produce.

And it's right in front of each and every one of us.

Who will DARE to reach out and move it with the graceful motion of a single index finger?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

That's not a confused nor mad concept.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I think we're all in agreement that you don't have the experience to make that statement with the degree of authority you've found the audacity to muster up. When you have a PhD in the subject, have published articles in numerous relevant magazines of repute, have an army of fellow students and professors with notarized letters of recommendation in hand, and wear a hat to cover your balding head from the decades you've devoted to studying these matters, then come back and tell us how much you know from reading on the internet.

Show me one person who has a PHD in the new age who hasnt pulled it out of a cereal box. Just one, please link it. No link and your words are a meaningless metaphor.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Admittedly, I have not read through all of the responses so I apologize if this has been debated previously.

It would appear to me that what you were seeking was some level enlightenment - isn't that what we all strive for on some level? Oftentimes, the problem and disappointment with this type of journey occurs when one embarks upon it assuming that there is one ultimate universal enlightenment for everyone and that when the proverbial "light bulb" goes off in one's head, he/she will be all knowing and...well, enlightened.

You can choose to look at this in one of two ways - firstly, as a failure (as I would interpret your generalized opinion to be unless it has changed since your original OP) because you are bitter that all of this "new age" knowledge didn't amount to any personal enlightenment for you OR you can look at it as an ongoing journey which works in adjunct with every other journey you take in life. It's an enrichment to your life. You can realize that you were awoken to the fact that true enlightenment is always a "work in progress". It can't purely be gleaned from theories or philosophies espoused by others - is it unique to each of us and must come from within ourselves. It's not something that one can put a time limit on and be deemed a fraud if we're not "enlightened" within that time frame - the world of metaphysics is expotentially limitless and I personally believe that as an overall race of people, we're still in our infancy of understanding metaphysics and have barely scratched the surface. Also, what is enlightenment to one might not be enough for another. One person might be happy with expanded knowledge and perceptions whereas another might feel that until we know every single secret of the universe - past, present and future - we will always be on a quest for enlightenment. It's a never-ending journey that adds enrichment to our lives because it opens us up to other perspectives and possibilities. If you can realize that, it means that you have achieved success where you thought you found a sham, but that is entirely up to you. As they say, everything in life is perception...
edit on 2/7/2013 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

It's not something that one can put a time limit on and be deemed a fraud if we're not "enlightened" within that time frame - the world of metaphysics is expotentially limitless and I personally believe that as a race of people, we're still in our infancy and have bearly scratched the surface.

There are no time frames but their are motivations and goals Timidgal. The ancient world recognised these in prophecies. The femine divine has resided her dark energy for thousands of years. The term enlightenment is exactly what it is, restoring the light to cast out the dark. The clock has struck 12 and the wheel has turned. The age of light has returned. This is the the true meaning of enlightenment.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by timidgal

It's not something that one can put a time limit on and be deemed a fraud if we're not "enlightened" within that time frame - the world of metaphysics is expotentially limitless and I personally believe that as a race of people, we're still in our infancy and have bearly scratched the surface.

There are no time frames but their are motivations and goals Timidgal. The ancient world recognised these in prophecies. The femine divine has resided her dark energy for thousands of years. The term enlightenment is exactly what it is, restoring the light to cast out the dark. The clock has struck 12 and the wheel has turned. The age of light has returned. This is the the true meaning of enlightenment.

And I could use your facts to disspell your arguments for what is the ancient world and what are thousands of years in the history and future of humanity? Who can possibly calculate this? Why do we so easily accept that thousands of years is anything other than a miniscule grain of time? Because that's what we've been told? And what clock and wheel are you referring to? Are you referencing the Mayan calendar? Did I miss some valuable piece of information by not reading the entire thread? If so, I apologize and please point it out to me because my intent is to truly understand your perspective and not to be antagonistic for argument sake. I will agree with you that there are motivations (easily self-defined) and goals, but I would again ask, who deems when these goals have been reached or when they're merely still a work in progress?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join