It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Age movement is quite literally confused and mad!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Once I saw the trailer earlier in the thread I knew I had to see it. Luckily my local university was showing it.

I thought it was brilliant. I felt bad for the credulous new age folk he deceived, but I think he, in the end, departed some really fundamental wisdom they could learn from.

The new age folk he deceived in the movie were probably some of the kindest people, who meant nothing else but to do good for others and themselves, but for some reason they were searching for what they were searching for in the wrong places, and allowed themselves to be deceived by a charlatan without any question to the validity of the 'guru's' teachings.

This is what scares me most about the 'new age philosophies'—even though they mean well and are practiced by mostly kind-hearted wayward souls, they seem to need to be told how to be spiritual by someone who they perceive as an authority on the subject, when they themselves are the only authority when it comes to their own spiritual development.

I really recommend this documentary.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

So, does this movement include out of body experiences?

Yes i would consider that a move to the light of enlightenment. It does assume of course you can recall your experience in the awaked state.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Philippines
If you haven't already, there is a great documentary about a guy from the USA (with roots to India) who decides to see if this whole new age guru stuff is for real -- and if he could be one himself. Great doc, and it shows how desperate people are to find meaning for their life however they can.

Kumare Trailer

Oh that is so funny, I have to watch it.

This is what it really is all; about.

You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out,
You put your right hand in,
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.

You go straight to the front of the class.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Don't be fooled by the light. Turn and face the dark.
Arpgme says the true self is in the shadows.

So do you agree with Arpgme or not, Yes or No?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

That's the thing with "new age" stuff. Some of it is real, some of it is an extrapolation based on misinterpretation. Just like anything else. Since there are idiots everywhere, it's illogical to judge a subject based on the fact that some of those idiots got hold of it and spread it to other idiots. The fact that there's no set system (cue the Christian crusades) just makes it more difficult to get a de facto or an organized system put out so that people have something to compare it with. Luckily, we have some ancient cultures whose artwork and writings have managed to survive long enough to provide a rudimentary guideline. Thing is, again, idiots tend to ignore that, and scientists (armchair and otherwise) tend to assume that if they haven't found it, it doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. Lately, some of that doubt has been whittled away, enough to make them think twice about scoffing at the metaphysical. We're still working on it.

In short, idiots don't define the entirety of new ageism. Like a wise person once said: "If you do something right a hundred times, no one remembers. But do the wrong thing once, and everyone remembers."

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The thing with the new age stuff is...... they mean it well. It's the declarence of attitude. It's a new horizon, but a sad one. Sometimes it's like betrayal. They'll end up like plants. Forceless. They'll zap off into another dimension hurting the ones they leave behind in the process. There will be a disconnection to those people. Tsss, we need to remain hard you know. Some things that are said is what should be said, but the way it's communicated isn't the right way. They eliminate the emotional field and just start off to live mentally, creating everything with their mind, on purpose, while the emotional side of one normally creates ones life.

In the end there's no danger for they will descend anyhow for what they promote cannot be reached. That's why they keep talking about it, to get their feeling above their mental system for they think their mental in function of the right mindset can create anything they like. Fools.

The last alinea can be symbolised as the pyrimad with the cap. The cap will never reach the top of the pyramid. It's something unobtainable.

But there's this stimula for everyone to be so that in the last years there has only been this 'gray zone'.

One of the negative aspects is they do things they naturally wouldn't. I'm not sorry for them you know. No balance without emotions. Otherwise you're just 'neutral'.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

The analogy of a water well comes to mind. To attain ascension of mind from emotion the well must be drained of all emotional water. The what is left is just an empty well that no one can drink from nor has no purpose anymore.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

They want to kill something impossible of killing (at least how they try). Since when ar e emotions bad? It's freakin said they are a lower form. Harmony people....

Hehe, the foolish thing is, ARGH, you know what it is?? They disconnect from all things and search for it in different places. They are all about alternatives?

That was like a total bombardment
How many times isn't told in the bible the wicked and evildoers will be 'cut off' of the earth? Jees..
edit on 2-2-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

They are all about alternatives?

Yes they are saying the alternative to death is death. Makes complete sense if you dont think about it at all.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
That was also funny AthlonSavage.

We are onto something here. You're a god.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Who says ascension has anything to do with removing emotion? Ascension is just as much emotion as anything else. True ascension is UNDERSTANDING. What greater gift is there than understanding the universe? What's so mad or confusing about that? Science works toward it every day. New Agers just do it differently.
edit on 2-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Asension is rising above and beyond all thought and emotion and seeing all that is arising is just the play.
The play plays and it is watched.
Find 'that' which is watching and asension will be known.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

ill be honest with you every new ager i have had any communication with comes across as cold, aloof and distance. I think a fitting analogy is emotional black holes. You may think im being harsh in this analogy but no im not if i was being harsh id use tiolet bowl instead of black hole.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

ill be honest with you every new ager i have had any communication with comes across as cold, aloof and distance. I think a fitting analogy is emotional black holes. You may think im being harsh in this analogy but no im not if i was being harsh id use tiolet bowl instead of black hole.

Maybe it's how you approach them. Or maybe you just have a real knack for picking 'em. You haven't given me the impression of being a real friendly conversant in the matter.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Maybe it's how you approach them. Or maybe you just have a real knack for picking 'em. You haven't given me the impression of being a real friendly conversant in the matter.

No i havent been they seem to of brought my dark side out. I see the newage is the darkside and as i get closer to its origin I naturally become darker. I think this happens to everyone who approaches or becomes involved with new age philosophies and teachings.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

No i havent been they seem to of brought my dark side out. I see the newage is the darkside and as i get closer to its origin I naturally become darker. I think this happens to everyone who approaches or becomes involved with new age philosophies and teachings.

If you talk to the ones around here, you'll see that's not the case. And perhaps you should be more respectful and courteous of their beliefs. For instance, starting a thread to talk trash about something you know nothing about. Maybe then they wouldn't strike you quite the same way.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

If you talk to the ones around here, you'll see that's not the case. And perhaps you should be more respectful and courteous of their beliefs. Maybe then they wouldn't strike you quite the same way.

Thats a generalisation because you have absolutely no idea how far i have gone out on a limb to be embrace and be kind to its most kindered spirit. I never realised the depth of void and darkness in the spirit. The new age is a cult of darkness.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

If your posts here are anything to judge by, it's not a generalization at all. You don't understand something, so you assume it's them and not you.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

If your posts here are anything to judge by, it's not a generalization at all. You don't understand something, so you assume it's them and not you.

Generalisations Bha!...Im not rude to the newage....now go buzz of and reply itsfraudagains posts im too busy downloading Eveonline.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Generalisations Bha!...Im not rude to the newage....now go buzz of and reply itsfraudagains posts im too busy downloading Eveonline.

Reviewing your posts on this thread, I beg to differ. You give the impression of having peeked through a few windows and assuming that's enough to say the whole thing is a sham. I don't think you've really experienced much of it at all.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join