It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Age movement is quite literally confused and mad!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

And I could use your facts to disspell your arguments for what is the ancient world and what are thousands of years in the history and future of humanity? Who can possibly calculate this? Why do we so easily accept that thousands of years is anything other than a miniscule grain of time? Because that's what we've been told? And what clock and wheel are you referring to? Are you referencing the Mayan calendar?

Life the world and everything of these works in cycles just like the day and night of the earth rotation, and the cycle of the earth around the sun. Periods are measured celestially and the Mayan calendar is based on knowing this concept.

I am using thousands of years because that it a fundamental unit of measurement used my Maya to describe earth consciouness and physical shifts. Yes I agree things are work in progress and the next cycle of work has just began.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

And I could use your facts to disspell your arguments for what is the ancient world and what are thousands of years in the history and future of humanity? Who can possibly calculate this? Why do we so easily accept that thousands of years is anything other than a miniscule grain of time? Because that's what we've been told? And what clock and wheel are you referring to? Are you referencing the Mayan calendar?

Life the world and everything of these works in cycles just like the day and night of the earth rotation, and the cycle of the earth around the sun. Periods are measured celestially and the Mayan calendar is based on knowing this concept.

I am using thousands of years because that it a fundamental unit of measurement used my Maya to describe earth consciouness and physical shifts. Yes I agree things are work in progress and the next cycle of work has just began.

I'm still lacking clarity in some of your statements, but if I'm reading you correctly, your disappointment in new age theories culminated from the fact that we are all still here (presumably) after 12/21/12. Well, you and I will have to respectfully agree to disagree on some of these concepts. Certain cycles are plainly evident (day vs night, certain celestial cycles, etc.) whereas others are not (can one measure an "era" - also a unit of time - celestially?) and just because the Mayans used thousands of years as a fundamental unit of measurement doesn't mean that all of us necessarily agree that this is a universal barometer. As I said, I gracefully end this debate with a lingering respect for your opinions...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

As I said, I gracefully end this debate with a lingering respect for your opinions...

In the meantime ill await the ages for your return Timidgal. Before you run off into the esoterical sunset please dont forget to s/f the OP.
edit on 7-2-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Oh i enjoyed this thread alot!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

www.abovetopsecret.com...

found the collaborating proof

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Just seeing the title of this thread in the list of threads gives me confidence in humanity

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The situation remains unchanged its still quite literally confused and mad!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

The New Age movement is quite literally confused and mad!

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Mad Pride

Best regards,

NAM

P.S. Although I must distinguish or differentiate myself from the general view or idea of "new age" whereby I would call myself what might be thought of as an evolutionary Christian mystic.

We are moved, and are moving, we are a process and not a thing, and it is absurd and ridiculous but not in the way we might have assumed, which makes it even more absurd, playfully amuzing and ridiculous, but in the best and the most healing and re-integrative manner almost beyond belief, yet comprehensible and therefore available to the field of potential knowledge and understanding and comprehension, but if it doesn't leave you in the laughter on the other side of the tears of sorrow and suffering, you didn't "get it", sadly!

edit on 23-7-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
The situation remains unchanged its still quite literally confused and mad!

It's just another box. With some useful things to be exposed to, but not suitable for permanent residence.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have reason to believe it has been infiltrated by a legion of Feminists. Theres no hope for the new age movement, its will remain crazy for many years to come.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Welcome to the New Age, same as the Old Age.
New Agers are spouting the usual Satanic sex magic, which is what each and every religion on Earth is based on. If there are any of us left with brains in our heads (the one attached to your neck), let's please just be done with religion as a whole. It's basically just fancy talk about mundane acts, the fancy talk quickly becoming fetishism. DOWN WITH THE NEW AGERS! This damn Age looks just like all the other ones....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Having read what the op has written down, I will see if I can sum up what I believe the OP is stating, and then respond based off of that.

According to the Op, that there is a large amount of literature, and videos, that explain ideas, beliefs and conceptualisations of the different gurus, and that represents the new age spirit and movements. And that the Op, like so many, investigated and dove into such, and after awhile discovered it was not to the liking, that there were flaws in the different beliefs. And after careful thought the op believes that this is just a movement for Satanists, that many of the New Ages beliefs use icons from by gone religions and beliefs, that many gurus and those who are making a buck off of the beliefs do not really know what they are talking about, and that there is a lot of contridiction to the entire movements and most are mad in their mental facility, and ultimately was found victim to the 2012 non event, the worst Apocalypse ever, that like so many before that turned into a billion dollar industry.

Before we discount the entire movement, there are bits of wisdom there, not everything that is in the movement is false, and some of it has valid aspects if you do believe. But like so many beliefs, no one person can say this or that will work for everyone, and ultimately do not know all of the answers. And those that do, are not so forthcomming as many people are not prepared to hear what they say, let alone understand such.

Many will read the books, will view the videos, and at the same time, still be clueless about what the topic is, nor will they understand that the wisdom is not in just reading but experiencing. And not every thing out there is the truth, nor is such freely given, as it does require a bit of common sense on the part of the person. It takes time and effort, work, real work to actually be sucessful with such practices. Yet in this day and mentality, have someone else do it for you, it is not going to work. And there is always a price to pay, when you change your beliefs, and it should not be taken so lightly, is not easy and sometimes causes confusion. Nor should one take what is written like it is set in stone. And even the most religious devout, don't know the ins and outs of their own belief. If you look most tend to pick and choose the passages that best suit their outlook, rather than the whole, and even then do not live the message, they only like to state and live parts of the message.

One can not just sit and think, that there is a miracle cure or something that is going lead the world to revalations, the message gets corrupted and the sad truth is, that a path that may work for one person may not work for another. You have to use common sense and find your own way, rather than that of another, and ultimately take responsibility for your own actions, not blame everything under the sun as to why something did or did not work.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Heres a prime example of the madness in action.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You do realize that's Piequal, right? You're going to label the rest of us by him? That's just unfair. You give him way too much credit.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shema

Add Astrologers and Fortunetellers etc to the list and its quite a racket they have going. But it all adds to the color and texture of life doesn't it and they don't go around shooting anyone, harmless really and if you got conned in for a while it obviously taught you a valuable lesson going by your thread: lol

whoa whoa whoa.......
Horoscope personality traits (not the day to day BS) tend to fit fairly well.... NO LIE.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Join the religious, become a man of principle, and follow what you believe to be true - because you can, and not because there is anything that you can really get out of it.

The "New Age" is all about escapism and "paradise" - why don't you make this world a better place?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You do realize that's Piequal, right? You're going to label the rest of us by him? That's just unfair. You give him way too much credit.

It could be a her who knows for sure.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Yes it's all made up nonsense.

But so are all the worlds religions, belief in mysticism, the paranormal and 99.99% of conspiracy theory.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Its still as crazy as a hatter. Some of the new agies don't even know 2012 has finished and where in 2013

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

really Athlon, I hear you but the way I see it there is an enormous pool of information available, so how about seeing some as useless and some as beneficial. As for gurus, originally there was only one master and then came along the parrots.The difference is what one considers oneself, if you don't claim to be a guru it can easily be called sharing!

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join