It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hacks Gov Site, posts video- Claims to have armed "cyber" nuclear warheads

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I want to know the same thing... Why is this in skunk works? Can a mod move it? I don't really think it belongs in Skunk works.
edit on 26-1-2013 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
More evidence supporting my theory here...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Not so. If they succeeded in creating chaos, that is just what TPTB want. Ever heard the saying "Ordo Ab Chao" (Order out of Chaos)? Creating chaos is how the mandate is put forward. Every time a big change for the worse has happened in the world, there was a preceding chaotic event which helped to spur such a change (The Civil War, WW1, The Depression, WWII, Vietnam, Gulf 1, 9/11, OIF, etc.) If chaos is the intended result of Anon, then they are not the saviours that you think they are. I am already sort of thinking that they are just controlled opposition. And there's also something to be said towards a group that has no real name, no face, and no public presence. Literally anyone could do something and claim to be Anonymous. You should take that to heart and be a little less trusting about who your chosen saviour is. Hint: it should be yourself. Everyone, it seems, is waiting for some hero to come save them without realizing that they are not coming. You must save yourselves if you expect anything to change. The whole hero-awaiting mentality plays right into the hands of TPTB, as they can then supply you with a false hero and you will fall for it hook line and sinker. That is what I think Anonymous is: a false hero.
edit on 26/1/2013 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Anonymous/NSA is not doing our bidding, it's nonesence to believe such tripe. They are simply another osama bin laden, the boogeyman, the fear that demands action. They are an excuse to crack down on our online rights and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

My primary concern *IS* seeing the Government handed the whole basis to shut down or lock down the internet, over God only knows who using the banner this time, doing something THEY think is really important to basically accomplish nothing but a political statement. (does ANYONE believe the Government will bend to their demands? Really??)

If/When the net is severely regulated or outright locked down by some pretense like National Security breech, that's game over for ANY easy organizing and effective working together over long distances without a lot of hassle involved.

So indeed, I do think risking that should be weighed real carefully to what may be gained in whatever action generates that possible outcome.

So many seem to be looking at this as a big game where major screw-ups get a do-over.

Well, outside the U.S. borders, major screw ups just get people dead. Americans and Foreign threats alike. They MAY or may not even bother attempting the route of arrest to trial. It may just be a shot one never sees or a Hellfire missile one sees a bright flash from ..if that much.

However....if the games are going to be played as if the Government considers this all less than deadly serious? I'll certainly stand by my opinion that it's sheer insanity and will make anything done in earnest and for serious accomplishments all the more difficult if/when the time comes.

Occupy was a good idea...and it failed.... FOR THE PEOPLE. It was a *WILD* success for Government. How? They got long term real world time and people to practice on in perfecting hostile crowd control and suppression of protest they never had before that.

Perhaps training the other side how best to defeat dissent without gaining anything in the process is a bad idea, eh?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is not at all what they say. They never said nuke. They never said plural anything. They said a warhead in orbit meaning any more retaliation there wil a release to encryption keys and the world will see things the DOJ doesnt want us to see or it could even be Swartz's findings at MIT or the "Obama Kill List". NDAA & Patriot Act needs rescinding for starters.

Nerds beating the bully up in the schoolyard.

Okay.... TO THE THREAD:

I misread and misunderstood the title and the OP last night. I've said this now 3 times. I'd imagine 3 ought to be enough...shouldn't it? I posted on here just before going to bed after being nose in college work for nearly 12 hours straight while also keeping up over here and my own sites. Even I can screw up. Which I did.

(Flogs self repeatedly for all to enjoy)

May we move on now?
edit on 26-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyteskye
They're speaking metaphorically, in terms of the nuke.

It's information they're really talking about.

Interesting times we live in!

Yea kind of surprised people think they are talking about a real nuke.

They are speaking of Information that is = to a nuke in strength and what it can cause in terms of damage output.

In this case, I'm thinking they have some valid information that probably isn't meant to be seen by the public.

The thing about stuff not for public sight, is that 50% is corrupt and shouldn't exist and it's good we see it to expose the truth.

Some stuff definitely should stay hidden though for certain reasons.

EX: Person A knows secrets but must wait 1 week for the action to take place

Person B wants to know but isn't allowed or even told because if they knew, they have a big mouth and would tell people which would ruin the plan from happening.

What if that plan is to save people's lives ? Person B could have ruined that by talking....because they didn't know the full truth as to why the secret was needed.

Now imagine this scenario and thousands of other like it being played out daily around the world.

And we can understand why certain things Need to be secret.

The problem is, the people in positions of power to determine what is secret and what isn't.

Sometimes they can abuse that power, but then there needs to be checks and balances for that.

Sometimes I feel our whole Nation was purposely created to be confusing and was never meant to be what we thought it was.

Must have hope that good things come to fruition though and the peace will prevail.

We don't need any more war.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
For all you bleeding hearts that have nothing better to do but complain that this is hurting you in some way. What are you doing to alleviate what is happening in this country. Posting on a website with useless words. Pussy's all!

In a few days when SHTF you will be looking for someone to help you through the hell that you have brought on yourselves. These people have and are doing what should have been done years ago. People like the ones here that have nothing better to do but blabber about what Anonymous is doing to alleviate injustice in this country need to......... Suck it up when reality bitch slaps there ignorance.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
When the internet goes haywire the sheeple will see it all over their main stream media television. They will then realize the chaos that we have been warning them about.

Everyone prepare. The last thing you want to do is to get caught off guard. If its gonna go down its gonna happen within a couple years and can happen on any day.

THE GOVERNMENT HAS NOT AND SEEMS INCAPABLE OF STOPPING SPENDING WHILE THE DEBT INCREASES TO ASTRONOMICAL LEVELS! HELLO?!

S$%t is going to hit the fan if we continue the path we are on, and unfortunately I forsee no change in our projection, God help us all. I wish all of you the best.

-Alien

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
I want to know the same thing... Why is this in skunk works? Can a mod move it? I don't really think it belongs in Skunk works.
edit on 26-1-2013 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

Damn right it doesn't. What's the Matter ATS, lowering the standards for personal gain!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
Micheal Fox Trot, this is Green Goblin... Tango is down, i repeat... Tango is down!

Aside from that no. We haven't seen the rest of this. And it hasn't gotten ugly yet. This is one reason uncle sam wants that kill switch.

This is what happens when your professionals start objecting to your actions. It's no different than doctors across the country quitting the job because of Obamacare (even though that probably won't happen) or when teachers went on strike in Chicago. It's outrage against the machine, rage against the machine.

The reason there will never be an internet 'kill switch', apart from the Trillions of dollars tied up online, they probably are aware if activists didn't do this online, they'd be doing something in the real world, and that can and invariably does get very ugly fast.

Virtual chaos is infinitely preferable to real world chaos, and tptb know this.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Swartz didn't want to see the net taken away or regulated either, that is why he was a big speaker against SOPA when it was making the rounds.

Your concerns are shared by me, the internet should not be regulated because of some actions of a group. Decisions should be made carefully. Hopefully they take care in making them so we don't suffer any sort of consequences.

However, I feel like the internet will eventually be targeted regardless of what happens. It is becoming something too good to be true in our world, when you also consider what sort of sway our Government would like to have on its own population, and other nations on theirs.

Well weighted response, sorry for my reply being a bit sharp.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Maybe the next big government action will to have rolling brown outs of the Internet. Like the electricity shutdowns they have in Pakistan. (I think that is coming here too, that's what the smart grid is for.)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLCCLL
For all you bleeding hearts that have nothing better to do but complain that this is hurting you in some way. What are you doing to alleviate what is happening in this country. Posting on a website with useless words. Pussy's all!

In a few days when SHTF you will be looking for someone to help you through the hell that you have brought on yourselves. These people have and are doing what should have been done years ago. People like the ones here that have nothing better to do but blabber about what Anonymous is doing to alleviate injustice in this country need to......... Suck it up when reality bitch slaps there ignorance.

Whoa whoa SHTF in a few days?? That fast?!

Anonymous is anyone isn't it? What's wrong with helping a girl who got gang raped and the sheriff doesn't care? (their case before this one)
I must have missed the memo about how anonymous is evil when anyone can just go online and become anonymous when you have an important issue that requires attention.
edit on 26-1-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The Docs were posted on a pastebin site, and spread around on 4chan earlier today......they weren' anything special.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I
I
I
I
That is 4 times you said I.............

Oh and for your mug.......

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyteskye

Interesting times indeed.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Just like the Aurora and Sandy Hook shootings were created and used to legitimize tighter gun laws against the American people, Anon is an inside job that will one day be used to legitimize government's entire control over the internet.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
Just like the Aurora and Sandy Hook shootings were used to legitimize tighter gun laws against the American people, Anon is an inside job that will one day be used to legitimize government's entire control over the internet.
I'm not 100% on the "created" part, but the rest of your post saved me from typing it.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
In my humble opinion, if someone and I mean anyone armed a real nuke and especially then went and made a public statement or communique about it, the Government would drop the whole internet like a switch got thrown if that's what it took to end the threat until the method could be understood and absolutely countered.

I don't know precisely how it could be vulnerable from the outside to start with. A certain Crypt like site posted the full manuals, procedures and training books for the Minuteman program and crewman. I got a B on the practice test I took for fun... It made for interesting reading, to be sure. I didn't see outside vulnerability to how the system appears to function though at any level.

After all, I have no doubt there would be a measurable % of Americans drop dead from heart attacks simply by seeing where some of the missiles just suddenly emerged from as they launched ...and no one would ever, in their wildest imaginations, have believed anything was there in some cases. The Gov't wouldn't allow any opening to continue ...if one actually had been found. At any cost, IMO.

You can't "turn off the internet" at this point. The internet is just a series of connections to different computers. The only thing they could do is limit connections within the US itself. Even if they turned off the main backbones within the US, the people themselves could make their own backbones and DNS servers and start the reconnection process themselves.The only expensive part would be the cabling which nowadays is not completely necessary.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join