It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hacks Gov Site, posts video- Claims to have armed "cyber" nuclear warheads

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

If you think Anonymous is a real hacker group, I have some real estate in Florida to sell you.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i would have to say they do have these capabilites, they have crashed the f.b.i. servers before, and they are very skilled individuals, and theres certainly quite a few of them so i would say they are def capable of wreaking havoc, via any computer. most of them usually fight for the greater good, so i would like to see how this unfolds.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
For everyone who has deemed to comment
Anonymous has done both bad and good
lest we forget all their missteps
so many other causes they could be fighting
everyone knows something else is going on

For everyone who has deemed to remain silent
let not your voiceless minority
aggrandize the misdeeds of those in
government who serve the people and not the powers

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
www.newsday.com...

Well...2 days ago, Janet Napolitano "warned" that something of this nature was imminent,LOL!

I feel like it's just another set up for a reactive-measure by TPTB...

It's truly become more than a little obvious.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
All the code names for the warheads seam to all work for justice department apart from Kennedy, now that sounds like an interesting file, wish I had the key to decrypt it.

Unless it was this Kennedy Here
edit on 26-1-2013 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is not at all what they say. They never said nuke. They never said plural anything. They said a warhead in orbit meaning any more retaliation there wil a release to encryption keys and the world will see things the DOJ doesnt want us to see or it could even be Swartz's findings at MIT or the "Obama Kill List". NDAA & Patriot Act needs rescinding for starters.

Nerds beating the bully up in the schoolyard.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So, isn't this a “Conspiracy” thread?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

Oh he is definitely very centered as they say. VERRRRRYYYYY!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Just Playing Governments at their own game....seem fair enough to me......Expect Us!!

www.cbc.ca...

gadgets.ndtv.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

You'll have to excuse me.. I wasn't able to play their silly little video last night and the title was corrected after I'd left the thread and gone to bed. I'd misunderstood by the couple comments and OP that had stood at that point. Oops.

Now as for this insanity? Well... If Anonymous ...or whatever person is using the banner THIS week
wants to go hacking things and risking a crippling over-reaction out of the Obama Administration? The least they could do is play this card with something IMPORTANT. Not simply making statements to embarass what appear to be Supreme Court Justices over ONE GUY.

There are 300 million plus OTHER PEOPLE in this nation alone and billions world wide that are suffering the blow-back of stupidity like this when it's battles fought that don't simply lack clear benefit in any way but actually HURT everything in the process.

Now Obama and Biden are very busy trying to ram their gun agenda down out throats at the moment and even they can't juggle too much at once with that Fiscal Cliff stuff about to start back up again any time now (they didn't kick that can very far, recall?) but stunts like this WILL insure they're back on the Internet control and regulation kick with everything they have as the NEXT war to fight the population over after the current issues.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo

C'mon people. The first thread on this suggested a false flag here to censor the web.
This one is really over the top.

I agree. If there is such thing as a "real" Anonymous that isn't being run by the DHS / CIA, I very much doubt this is out. And I would doubt that logical people so proficient with computers could be so stupid as to think something like this wouldn't result in a backlash-- aka a lockdown on the internet.

No... this is just what "they" (TPTB) would want.

Doesn't that make you just a little suspicious of this vid and who might be behind it?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by timetothink

You don't really want chaos.

I don't. Life is going great for me. Moving to Miami with my wife. Huge job offer that I accepted... I hope for no chaos and I hope you don't want it either

I appreciate your sane attitude, and glad you wrote this-- not just for its own sake, but also that I think it illustrates what a polarized society we've become. The well-to-do rarely want the boat rocked too hard. That's just how it is when you've got something to lose. Do understand, however, that you may be one of the more fortunate ones in our society. There are many people out there who survive on $1500-$1000 / month or less.... and by "many" I mean "millions." Many of those people would probably cheer if there were a revolution tomorrow. Living check to piddly check and having few prospects of escape has a way of doing that to a person.

Meanwhile many others live very comfortable lives-- never having to want for anything, or having to worry they might end up in a position of severe struggle and suffering (like those other millions of people). Of course there are varying degrees of this, just as there are varying degrees of being poor and struggling. But the gap seems to be widening.

The less you have, the more you possibly stand to gain by massive societal upheaval and change, it would seem. And vice versa.

Maybe if corporatism hadn't been allowed to run amok-- if "they" hadn't been allowed to stack the deck so heavily in favor of those who were already affluent, and against those at the bottom of the totem pole, we wouldn't find ourselves in this situation.

Despite being one of those who feels "stacked against" I too hope we can find a peaceful resolution that will be beneficial to all parties.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

FOX news front page IS COVERING IT. Blaming it on some guy commmitting suicide......as I read in the post's already......the spin has already begun.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity
All the code names for the warheads seam to all work for justice department apart from Kennedy, now that sounds like an interesting file, wish I had the key to decrypt it.

Unless it was this Kennedy Here
edit on 26-1-2013 by definity because: (no reason given)

Aw, and I was (somewhat unrealistically) hoping it was something about John.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think it would be impossible to arm an actual nuke from the internet. The network that all nuclear weapons are connected to is not open to the outside at all, so there can be no chance of a security breach. Remember the Mission Impossible where Tom Cruise breaks into the room with the computer at Langley? Sort of like that, in that you would probably have to have physical access to actually launch a nuke. So the network is likely just for communication from the top.

Anyway, I agree that they are talking about information. And they are right, the government needs to start listening to those who want change, like we saw with OWS. I just got done sending a nasty letter to Sen. Feinstein, which I doubt will get read, because I am fed up with politicians thinking they are Gods, that they can simply smack their lips and change a document that is the backbone of our country. States are losing rights to the federal government, and so are average citizens.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Oh, and I can't possibly be the only one wondering what they meant about Aaron Swartz being killed.

Killed because he had to, according to them, "make an impossible choice."

Very cryptic wording.

I'm sure many of you read the recent news about this man's alleged suicide.

Interesting stuff.....

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Notice how big sis, Janet Nipulatano, came out yesterday morning saying our systems are in imminent threat of hacking, then this happened. The government know there systems are already breached.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You obviously fail to grasp the metaphorical meaning that they were getting at. You've never heard the term "That speech was a frickin nuclear weapon!" before? All they are saying is that they have "armed" an extremely powerful "e-weapon," which, with their previous track record in mind, to me would entail a massive DDOS attack which could possibly overload the internet infrastructure as we know it. In that case, the government wouldn't even need to throw the killswitch, Anon would, in effect, do their job for them by overloading servers.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Should anything ever happen to you and a cause rises from it in response, I will be sure to tell everyone not to bother.

One person isn't worth it all.

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
their silly little video

The least they could do is play this card with something IMPORTANT. Not simply making statements to embarass what appear to be Supreme Court Justices over ONE GUY.
The 8th Amendment, the constitution, and transparency in government aren't important?
Where would you rather Anonymous direct their energies?

It seems like one of your primary concerns is having the internet taken away.
That's how I perceived your post. I for one hold "anon" in higher regard than others might. Their silly little videos have more of an impact in the world than our silly little comments here do.

In doing what they are, information that is otherwise highly unobtainable is being disseminated. Secrets that could shed light on any number of dark corners otherwise unseen.
Information is knowledge, and knowledge is power.

Power is beneficial, therefore what anonymous is doing is beneficial to all who seek knowledge about what our Government is doing behind closed doors.

Now... Why is this thread in Skunkworks?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Notice how big sis, Janet Nipulatano, came out yesterday morning saying our systems are in imminent threat of hacking, then this happened. The government know there systems are already breached.

"We can shut down the internet and blame anyone we want"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join