It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia is a lie told by the Establishment

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

My post got a bit long, and I STILL didn't reach the point, so I will continue here.

So, what IS a crazy, how can you label, define or diagnoze someone in a SUREFIRE way to be either sane or insane?

Obviously reality-based things wouldn't always work, as we experience reality differently ANYWAY, and measurable reality is not often identical to how even the most nihilistic scientist types experience reality.

The 'experts' try to claim that 'excess' is insanity, but how the heck do you even define that? Aren't there extremely naturally talkative people, and at the same time, extremely shy and silent types as well, and who is to say which of them is more mentally healthy? Maybe they're equal, just different personalities?

If you see pink unicorns or elephants where others don't see them?

Maybe, but isn't it possible you're simply seeing something that DOES exist, but others are not able to perceive? After all, we al perceive things differently, AND some people are more sensitive to different realities and auras and such (although you can train yourself to not only feel auras, but also see them, and that can yield surprising, bright and massive results).

I have thought about this question a lot, and I don't have a clear answer. Sometimes you can understand that someone is not functioning on all cylinders, when they start explaining weird things and foaming at the mouth.

I have come up with a COUPLE of ways to diagnose if someone is crazy.

1) If they expect you to take as normal, as fact, or just believe something they should KNOW would sound insanely implausible or crazy to other people. It's not that WHAT they say is crazy, it's the EXPECTATION that others will find it normal that is crazy.

2) IF they want to murder, harm or injure other people, especially without a strong emotion, like anger, or any kind of good reason or motivation (not that there can really be a GOOD reason to do that kind of stuff). Wanting to harm others is insanity in my opinion, but not in governments' opinion. They think standing armies are natural, soldiers are SOMEHOW not murderers and thus breaking the law, drone operators are just normal people and not completely sick psychopaths, and so on.

So I wouldn't say someone is crazy because they see people that aren't there. I would say someone is crazy if they expect me to BELIEVE they see people that aren't there, and don't even take into account that I might NOT believe them without really good explanation or some kind of proof or demonstration (and I still wouldn't, because I don't practice 'believing' anyway, but I could take it as a possibility, if they give me a good reason to do so).

It's a dangerous (but probably pragmatic) route to think that someone is crazy if they say something that's just not possible, like they know all the bus drivers in Tokyo or something like that. However, they might be some kind of remote-viewing expert that has spent years 'viewing' Tokyo bus drivers.

As I have hopefully proven, this question is more difficult than it seems, and I certainly don't have a clear, simple answer. Usually it's more like 'I know it when I see or hear it'. That's the best I can do right now.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   
this suggests you can get it from cats
www.sciencealert.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

It's not that WHAT they say is crazy, it's the EXPECTATION that others will find it normal that is crazy.

I would say both come under the umbrella of lacking insight.

Interesting post.

a reply to: 00018GE

Where's the article? You linked to a website.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley
Sorry, try this one.
www.iflscience.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is outside of my field so I cannot offer a professional opinion, but I once shared a dormitory apartment with some who had a significant psychotic break shortly after arriving.

It was a pretty scary thing to see. They went from being happy and friendly to being withdrawn and paranoid in a very short space of time. They experienced the world very differently from the rest of us, but they were clearly seeing a a warped version of this world and not some deeper hidden truth.

As best I can describe they saw everything as being a threat to them, and interaction was seen either as being directly threatening or as a means to get close so that the person could harm this individual.

When they started talking about knives we hid them and gtfo.

The person involved had to be taken away. I spent a couple of hour barrakaded in a room listening to them screaming outside. It was pretty unpleasant and still haunts me decades later.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   

How do we know that what these schizophrenics see isn't an entirely accurate viewpoint of the world?

Because it can't be. Everything would have to match when compared in reference, even if my 'red' is your 'black', like a translation. Someone posted about it being a broken mind..I somewhat agree with that. Which is kind of hopeless I know.

Although it would be nice if what you propose was true, but I think if a Schizophrenic person believed this suggestion it would further break down what is already a fine line in their reality perception leading straight to acute psychosis.

Also it seems that Schizophrenia mirrors other conditions as mentioned here..Such as a childhood TBI.

edit on 10-2-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: content

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 00018GE

That's better!

Just looked at the wiki page for toxoplasmosis and it confirms a possible link to schizophrenia, also Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.

It's not a strong link though, and apparently it's rare even in cat owners.

But I'm leery about cats now.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned

How do we know that what these schizophrenics see isn't an entirely accurate viewpoint of the world?

Because it can't be. Everything would have to match when compared in reference, even if my 'red' is your 'black', like a translation. Someone posted about it being a broken mind..I somewhat agree with that. Which is kind of hopeless I know.

Although it would be nice if what you propose was true, but I think if a Schizophrenic person believed this suggestion it would further break down what is already a fine line in their reality perception leading straight to acute psychosis.

Also it seems that Schizophrenia mirrors other conditions as mentioned here..Such as a childhood TBI.

They also frequently become paranoid or obsess over small details, and have a tendency to see patterns or connections where there are none, but which follow a clear pathway that is related to their specific dillusion.

For example they might believe that random people that they see passing their window are all the same few people in disguise, or that animals going through their trash are really spies from a foreign power trying to some breakthrough that they are about to make.

Someone writing gibberish on the wall and telling you that it will provide free energy probably isn't seeing reality as it really. Especially when they aren't a physicist and the writing is meaningless.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join