Schizophrenia is a lie told by the Establishment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
OP, don't think your thoughts haven't been considered by the 'professionals'. It's just easier to call the minority mentally ill then, fill with pills, than to introduce something outside our connived comfort zone.

Remember: "Those who danced were thought to be insane by those who couldn't hear the music!"

S&F for thinking outside the box!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by Grifter42

Considering schizophrenics themselves describe their hallucinations as grossly violent, unpleasant encouraging of self harm/harm to others, or belittling to the sufferer I would say no.

This would fit into the OP's theory more and more. Because what if they are seeing different dimensions? Parallel universes? Spirits? Demons? etc etc.
Because most of us believe our souls live on so suffice it to say, they must go somewhere!

The government is not lying.

Liars lie about lying but that's a different argument

I don't think this thread suggests they are lying rather than misdiagnosing and possibly misunderstanding this strange behavior.
It's interesting, many people with schizophrenia have extremely high IQs (genius level). Same with Autism and Aspergers! So something ain't making sense because if you're that intelligent (according to our standards then) you should know better! You almost can't have it both ways.

Schizophrenia is no joke, it is currently one of the least understood psychological disorders.

No one is saying it is! The OP is suggesting alternative reasonings which STILL renders this: misunderstood.

Those with schizophrenia may suffer mild symptoms that appear much like depression, or social disorders where as others are in states so extreme they are rigid, seemingly unresponsive trapped in a mental prison.

You're almost describing the average person who watches television!

Do some research about it yourself. I actually know a handful of people that suffer from this disease in my every day life, as well as many on this site who have schizophrenia and they can tell you everything you would ever want to know. I assure you it is no lie.

Here's a good place for you to start.

All about schizophrenia and psychosis.

Again, most people know what science says......we're just leaving the lid off our boxes that's all.

Based on our limited recorded history, it's best we go through life a little more humbly because eventually.....we will all be wrong!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think most people live with their blinders on, for the safety of their own sanity. If mankind were to see the true nature of reality, and truly look upon it, I'd suspect some folks would go mad. And if they didn't, that people would interpret what they were saying as crazy anyways. If Jesus came back today, they'd lock him in an asylum for messianic delusion, even it were truly the second coming.
But I digress.

Some of these cases of alleged madness may be an example of Plato's Allegory of the Cave.
When people can truly see, how could they convince the blind?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
hello, i am called a schizophrenic.

Onetime i was trying to do astral projection and a female voice came to me out of nowhere and said "Isis."
i kept trying to do this and the female voice said " Its Nothing."

Alot of other things ive seen and heard have happened to me as well.

they have me on fluphenazines for chemical imbalance.
because they say this chemical imbalance can cause hallucinations.
i am never violent, angry, crazy, or a danger to myself or others in anyway.

i spend my free time looking into sacred geometry and the holographic universe.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

Would you care to elaborate on what you mean by sacred geometry? Like the cross, and star of david and such? Or something different entirely? And what is the definition of this holographic universe you speak of?
It's an interesting concept.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
reply to post by smurfy

I never said the Government. I said the Establishment,

No....You said Government.

The Government tries to portray everything in stark, grey colors.

That's right in your OP. Schizophrenia is not a lie by the government and it is not demons tapping into this world. Forgive me, but if you truly believe these ideas, then you don't seem to know much about this illness at all.

It is a very real thing and it has nothing to do with anything you are suggesting.

Peace and love.
edit on 2-2-2013 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I stand by what I said. There are shades of grey. And I said that about the government afterwards. You're quoting me out of context.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

So instead of addressing the facts you insult everyone who doesn't agree with you? How is this open minded? The facts stand that schizophrenia can be tied to overproduction of dopamine and that drugs. This can be seen in the way that dopamine inhibitors mitigate the symptoms of schizophrenia while prolonged use of drugs that cause an increase in dopamine can produce schizophrenic like symptoms. Not to mention that these findings are supported by fMRI and PET scan studies. So instead resorting to baseless ad hominems maybe you could actually respond to your critics with facts

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I have insulted no one. Speaking one's mind is no insult. I've not resorted to ad-hominem, or anything like what you accuse me of. If my answers disturb you, then don't ask disturbing questions. And while you may have a bunch of fancy medical words, they're only words. There are things out there beyond words. Beyond the scope of man, and time.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You essentially said that your detractors are close minded just because they don't agree with you. As I stated before I feel that most of your experience with schizophrenia comes from TV and movies. I say this because your claim only focuses on the hallucinations which don't even need to be present for a diagnosis. Even if we ignore the neurological basis your claim fails to address other symptoms such as the word salad, disorganized behavior, and anhedonia.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

They've seen things you people wouldn't believe. If I saw something like that, you might not be able to get anything but gibberish from me. If you stared into the eyes of some eldritch and horrible thing, you might be disorganized.
The symptoms are explainable with both explanations.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I believe this is a very real illness. I also wonder if there are those having out-of-control psychic experiences who end up receiving this diagnosis - and if there's a way to pinpoint and help them.

Non-authoritative but interesting read:
www.edgarcayce.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Take a hundred shizophrenics down to Peru to undergo ayahuasca ceremonies under the supervision of groups of shamans, and see what happens.

I predict most or all of them would be brought around to a higher, stable, enlightened state of mystical consciousness.

"The schizophrenic is drowning in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight."

-Joseph Campbell

The problem is not shizophrenia. The problem is, we as a 'modern' society are not handling it with wisdom. We are too damn foolish, arrogant, and enthralled by our shiny technology and consumerism and fast-food style religion and profitable pharmaceuticals.

edit on 2-2-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

while not agreeing or disagreeing with you perse i do find it interesting that of the 7 schizophrenic people i know all 7 had lots of cats (5 or more cats ) and the most ill of these lived in shed (20feet by 40 feet) and later a trailer with nothing but 12 cats pooping and peeing everywhere around him ,so thank you for brining an interesting point to the thread im off to try to research this more
edit on 2-2-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
i would be willing to post my entire schizophrenic story on here,
but thats only if others are interested.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's questions like these... glad people asking them. *thumbs up* My older sister does have her MA from UNLV and in 9 years I've seen her work all over the spectrum in the mental health field before she got dialed in so to speak . Grief counseling, substance abuse, VA, women's shelter, and an internship at a fairly typical psych ward... One time she was back home for the weekend and after having a few drinks she just brought it up. Blurted it out like it'd been bothering her for a while. She's legitimately the brightest person I know, and it was funny because she listed the same possibility I'd always secretly wondered about. "Maybe they're just tuned in with another sphere and because it's flooding them at once, they just can't process it." Schizophrenia is currently an illness, if only because we don't understand it. I've known two people in my circles in the last 3 years who got a schizophrenia diagnosis, and within a year or less were perfectly normal and functional. I'm not calling any particular foul on this but curiously they were both chronic pot smokers at the time of diagnosis. So yeah this is something Professionals DO think about. Forget the sheep. We don't even know what schizophrenia is yet. It's an illness, but so is western civilization. We need to tread humbly.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Please tell it. The new guy wants to hear it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I do not trust psychologists, nor psychiatrists, or any other sort of shrink. They're trained in indoctrinating people into the norms of society. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's exactly what they do.

All you need to do to be labelled mentally ill by these people is tell them that you don't want to work anymore.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAkadian

Please tell it. The new guy wants to hear it.

i posted it in the grey area i called it "Schizophrenic story."
but i cant find it i think they deleted it.

ill redo it. or something.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Would you care to elaborate on what you mean by sacred geometry? Like the cross, and star of david and such? Or something different entirely? And what is the definition of this holographic universe you speak of?
It's an interesting concept.

Like the flower of life, the egg of life, the sumerian kabbalah etc.
yes the star of david.

look into the mandlebrot set, sacred geometry, holographic universe, counciousness drives the universe,
fractal geometry. look into divine proportion and golden ratio, phi and fibonacci sequence.

type that stuff in on youtube there are good documentaries like these.

edit on 2-2-2013 by Belcastro because: fixed.

exclusive video

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join