It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Interesting Mars Picture I've Come Across.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
#10, the panel image is probably the most peculiar. How does something like that happen in nature?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

The same way sand and mud turns into sheet-like "panels" after it's dried for a long while. You can see this in an area like a beach at low tide on a hot sunny day, or a muddy area where it's been dried for a while. Extreme colds will do this as well to areas that once had water.

edit: also sedimentary rocks like shale...
edit on 24-1-2013 by VoidFire because: Geology reasons

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
Interesting observations OP
, especially with that cube thing, it's is something that deserves the second look.
While the majority are preocupied with Curiosity, and in light of ancient ruins on Mars, allow me to drop here one pic taken by the Opportunity rover on SOL3058.
IMO the pic speaks for itself.

Source Image

I choose to see!!!

do you have a link to a high res version of that picture..

I would love to do some picture analysis on that
that´s just incredible

Sure... Here's a LINK

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidFire

The same way sand and mud turns into sheet-like "panels" after it's dried for a long while. You can see this in an area like a beach at low tide on a hot sunny day, or a muddy area where it's been dried for a while. Extreme colds will do this as well to areas that once had water.

Grasping at straws. Seems like if this was a weather or atmospheric-related phenomenon from the distant past, you would see more than only *one* instance of it.

Show me an area of terrain covered in this particular feature and your theory would have some merit.

The panel image (which in addition appears to have a right angle) is genuinely anomalous, IMO.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
#7 is the only thing that looks interesting to me.

Rest are normal occurrences and our minds imposing earth's structures.. which are probably, looks different due to angels, shadows and overlays of others rocks. Zooming past a certain point does not help either.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Why is there no form of etiquette when doing threads like this. It's like everyone abandons every logical standpoint of these photos in favor of the illogical just because it seems cooler. You should first be weighing the formations with logical information. I.e, those "panels" could easily be identified as Mud cracks and the cube could be, as another poster pointed out, Pyrite, or another Cubic mineral with the potential to grow on Mars. Always research first.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrandonD

Grasping at straws. Seems like if this was a weather or atmospheric-related phenomenon from the distant past, you would see more than only *one* instance of it.

Show me an area of terrain covered in this particular feature and your theory would have some merit.

The panel image (which in addition appears to have a right angle) is genuinely anomalous, IMO.

Within this link, you can see an example with fractures in shale, and as to how easily it can form right angles. (in terms of what I see in the image below). Though the link I posted does hold some origin and areas as to where shale formations can form and how. Shale Cracks

And here is the Image I am reffering to in that Link.

Edit: I'm still very new, so I'm not sure if that pic link or site link was allowed or not, so forgive me if it wasn't...

edit on 24-1-2013 by VoidFire because: unsure

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
TMany of these objects look interesting but the panel to going to be difficult for the professional webb liars to explain away.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I sent an email to Yahoo news about these photos and hopefully another news article will come out about these anomalies. I'm really scratching my head over the square panel looking thing.

Keep up the good work.

Pladuim

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Within this link, you can see an example with fractures in shale, and as to how easily it can form right angles. (in terms of what I see in the image below). Though the link I posted does hold some origin and areas as to where shale formations can form and how. Shale Cracks

And here is the Image I am reffering to in that Link.

Edit: I'm still very new, so I'm not sure if that pic link or site link was allowed or not, so forgive me if it wasn't...

edit on 24-1-2013 by VoidFire because: unsure

The example you gave supports exactly what I said, so I'll repeat it:

If the "panel" is in fact a natural phenomenon caused by temperature or atmospheric conditions, then you would very logically expect to see more than *one* lonely instance of it.

Show a mars image with a large area covered in that type of terrain - exactly like the "shale photo" that you referenced - and I believe this theory would have some merit.

I'm not saying it's a piece of plywood from a martian doghouse, I'm saying a very thin panel-like object sitting all by itself seems genuinely anomalous.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder if the people who start threads like this have ever visited Earth!!! Now, don't take me the wrong way here - I love the idea of alien life and I've even seen a very strange disc object in the sky that I still can't explain. I'm a believer that aliens have visited Earth.

I'm a genuine lover of all things alien, in fact I'm pretty passionate about it but you are looking at natural rock formations! Please, please, please, study Earth first! Did aliens create Devil's Tower? The Grand Canyon? The Devil's Causeway? I Could go on and on.

Be patient. The aliens will arrive soon. It's inevitable with the way we have trashed the planet Earth! They will intervene at some point! Things might get ugly, but I think the human race deserves it!

Killian H. Gore (author)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BrandonD

Well in terms of sedimentary rock and shale-like formation, I think this picture solidifies it from Mars.

You can see evidence of sedimentary layers, which appears to be made of a sandy/silty material, like one would see with an area that once had an ocean or a silty river, or a delta. There is also evidence of shale-like plates as you can see.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

reply to post by BrandonD

Well in terms of sedimentary rock and shale-like formation, I think this picture solidifies it from Mars.

You can see evidence of sedimentary layers, which appears to be made of a sandy/silty material, like one would see with an area that once had an ocean or a silty river, or a delta. There is also evidence of shale-like plates as you can see.

Yea that one up in front looks just like it, pretty much.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
What's so special about a bunch of wind eroded rocks?

I think you're looking at things that can be provided by nature and trying to make more of them.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
interesting stuff. particularly this;

This one truly is unbelievable! S&F OP!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by killianhgore
I sometimes wonder if the people who start threads like this have ever visited Earth!!! Now, don't take me the wrong way here - I love the idea of alien life and I've even seen a very strange disc object in the sky that I still can't explain. I'm a believer that aliens have visited Earth.

I'm a genuine lover of all things alien, in fact I'm pretty passionate about it but you are looking at natural rock formations! Please, please, please, study Earth first! Did aliens create Devil's Tower? The Grand Canyon? The Devil's Causeway? I Could go on and on.

Be patient. The aliens will arrive soon. It's inevitable with the way we have trashed the planet Earth! They will intervene at some point! Things might get ugly, but I think the human race deserves it!

Killian H. Gore (author)

You forgot the GIant's Causeway

I thought the 'Gold' rock interesting though. It definitely seems like a seam of some different material running throught that rock.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

Please look at eroded rock veins on earth. there are tons of pictures of all kinds.

peonyden.blogspot.com...

Many rocks form plates which break in nice geometric shapes especially in freezing areas and lava. lava can form walls that look unnatural if you visit some lava fields it is stunning what it can do.

Curiosity pic.

More mars eroded rock veins

www.universetoday.com...

[

science.kqed.org...
edit on 24-1-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It amazes me how angry and defensive some people get on here. First of all, I never once said, "OMG...this is 100% proof of the aliens!!! LOOK LOOK LOOK!!!!"

For all of you saying these are all just rocks, they might very well be. If they are though, they are nowhere near as common formations as you make them out to be. I challenge each and every one of you to look through a few hundred pictures from the Mars mission. Once you've done that and found not a single "rock" that looks like these in any other area, then please, come back and tell me how normal finding dozens of highly unusual looking formations in one small area is.

Some of you say that common sense should tell us these are just rocks. Honestly, I feel the exact opposite. I feel that common sense tells us that something isn't right in this photo.

The fact is that yes, these shapes can appear in nature, but they are INSANELY RARE. Again, if I had just spotted one thing in this picture, it's not a huge deal and I never would have made a thread about it, but stepping back and realizing that I'm seeing dozens of rare shapes and perfect angles in one relatively small area, well, that is highly unusual, whether you professional shills and skeptics want to make it out to be common or not.

Do a Google search for a natural perfect triangle shaped stone. Word it however you want, you won't find a single one.

To the person who says the "panel" is just a mud crack and provided a Google image search link, not a single one of the images you provide look even remotely like the lone "panel" I pointed out.

All of you who say, "these are just rocks and they're everywhere, just go outside". Ok....you do that...please go outside and bring in a handful of perfect cubes and triangles and take some pics to show us all how common these shapes are in nature.

Also, I do find it interesting that this area was chosen for Curiosity's first drilling campaign, which means NASA seems to think there's something special about the area as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

I apologize, I have not gone through his entire thread, but I have to say this. I am almost always a "those are just rocks" kind of guy. But this:

Blows my mind. You can try to persuade me with all kinds of words, but that is not a natural thing to be on mars. No matter what size it is. Fantastic work. I hope you are flooded with applause. (and it's a shame you cannot turn it in for money)

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
I believe the "Pics or didn't happen" folks must be scratching them heads real bad.

Now, please don't tell me this are random rock formations. I know what ancient ruins look like when I see one.

These are random rock formations.
A basic understanding of geology and geologic processes will obviously aid you immensely.
Pareidolia is ripe in this thread.

I see rocks, geology, but nothing that makes me think: Hmmm, aliens gone done it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join