It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Interesting Mars Picture I've Come Across.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
jnyblujns

I have to admit i wasn't even going to look at your thread because every time Ive looked at these kind of pics they end up just looking like rocks but with this thread i was pleasantly surprised..

This does look like a archaeological site with many carved objects and the panel sure caught my eye,You have done some very good observations and a well done thread i really enjoyed the read and the pictures and your explanations of each picture..peace,sugarcookie1 S&F for a well done thread i hope you get an applause for this!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Here is a link to a hi res. image of the exact same area but a different view point,
for you all to use as a cross reference.
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

I hope it helps you all determin what they are.

The cube looks the most interesting and is in the pic linked above.
edit on 24-1-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Wow. Imagine a planet with 50 billion trillion rocks on it having any that look like something we could compare it to. I mean the odds must be what..... logical?

Like I said, I've looked at hundreds of pictures and in 98% of them, I don't see even one single object that looks unusual or unnatural, so I'd say the odds of seeing several dozen unusual objects in one photograph are pretty low.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Ok looking at that 'plate, I think it's dried mud from a stream that's dried out,causing that effect

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Second view of the cube.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

I like this a lot, naturally I don't thing there could be such perfectly smooth stones cut at angles like the ones you display and I also do believe there was an ancient civilization that lived on mars many many years ago and the planet has begun it one natural reshaping and you could call it destruction but I feel creating is a more hospitable word of it natural state once again.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Awsume Observastions, every comes together after I saw the right angle in rock formation on far right of photogratph. S&F

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This one looks like a Femur

Seems Curiosity is rambling into a grave....
edit on 24-1-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Notice how it looks as if wind has lifted the panel and droped it over and over again leaving a impression around the edges. Good find for sure.

link   
Very good find, But the question still remains, have we even been to MARS ? This could be part of the set, the errors in the arrangement at the studio. Not saying it is, but it’s a thought. I am still not totally convinced we have/ or they have sent anything there. As normal could be all a big ass sham Why not, everything else in this mad world appears to be.

edit on 24-1-2013 by iceman22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
This one looks like a Femur

Seems Curiosity is rambling into a grave....
edit on 24-1-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

Yeah, that's one of the objects I noticed that I didn't point out. I agree, my first impression was some kind of bone as well. There are dozens of unusual objects in this image.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

WOW, the 'it's just a rock' good old pareidolia logic would be a bit of a stretch here.

Excellent work OPie, really some excellent meal for imagination here.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Thanks,...you just confirmed that there WAS a civilazation on Mars.... and maybe still is...

Sec.line.

S&F for you my friend.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
What a wonderful way to enjoy my "Finally Home From Work Coffee"
Very interesting indeed!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I'm amazed by the picture showing gold.
Why hasn't the media picked this up?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I usually laugh at posts like this, but you have a really good eye.......for finding things that can happen naturally but people think can only be man-made.
A previous post talked about drying river mud. Yep, it looks like that. So does slate. And a lot of other rocks, depending on the forces that make them crack.
Why should we presume that the numeral "2" is going to be the used on another planet?
The gold veins (or pyrite would be my guess if found on this planet) would be natural no matter what substance they might be.
Cubes? Again, lots of rocks will break along straight planes. Think about table salt, a rock we all have in our homes. It's not manufactured, carved, molded, or anything else. It's merely small pieces of a larger crystalline structure.
Circles are all over nature. It's because that is the most natural shape of all. Even "perfect" ones. They are minimal surface structures (least surface area for any volume....yep I looked it up, it's like 530a where I am).
But I've got to say #13 did remind me strongly of something. Not the "orb on a pyramid" in the center, the object kind of buried right above it.

See? I'm not a total "science requires real evidence" skeptic. I have an imagination, too.
I consider this cultural, not salacious, nudity. Therefore not violating TOS. Just saying.......
edit on 24-1-2013 by stars15k because: didn't do image right. it's been a while since I've used images here.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Ok everyone, back to reality now please.

Now dont get me wrong, I would love to see fossils or artifacts on Mars.
But this is ATS people and it would be wrong to jump to conclusions.

As I stated in an earlier post there is a link to a hi res image of the exact same place.
Infact if you google images of Yellowknife Bay you will see a few.
These are not artifacts they are of course rocks.

The triangle.

the femur

The Plate

Even my favourite The Cube

It looks like a cube to me, it has nice even sides from BOTH angles.

But it could also be a rock too, such as a natural Pyrite crystal.
Pyrite also comes in other forms such as Fools Gold.

I would say that the rest are rocks and landscape features too.
But I cant be stuffed doing anymore of this.
Peace and good hunting.

edit on 24-1-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Why would you see a number 2 on another world? Well if there was a connection between Earth and Mars in some long ago time when Mars was livable it's possible that a smidge of the Martian language may have made the trip. And I would point this out. 2 is the letter Beit of Hebrew. A alphabet according to their mythology is made up of the names of God. The letter Beit is thousands of years old. And could possibly have come from an older language of the middle east.

Beit link.

And for all the Muslims out there. Something to think about.

Maybe Noah was piloting a spaceship.
edit on 24-1-2013 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Looked at the picture at NASA.
It looks like a field of sedimentary rocks over/through a lava field.

Lava pillows. See?

Here's what pillows look like after they have weathered. Very similar.

What I think is different/funny-in-a-weird-way is that no one has mentioned what surely must be BB's and buckshot littering the place. It looks like a shooting range. Or a hail storm passed through.
It's what I find most interesting. That is quite cool.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Maybe they are in a lava field somewhere?
May explain other things, such as the "Sheets" strewn about?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join