It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Interesting Mars Picture I've Come Across.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I do not know what picture you refer to. I have no red lines on my picture, and the 3 rocks are clearly visible. Look at the far right where the 'panel' ends and it is clear that the 'panel' is simply the hard top crust of the surface which has been weathered.

These panels

are not the same as this

The later image with has straight edges and a rectangular corner. It is a artifical panel coated in a hardened layer of dirt. All the other pictures showing paneling do not show perfect symetrical feature as to be expected of natural formed layers of dirt.

edit on 25-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Also I showed the picture (without telling them its from Mars) to a few colleagues and asked them if they can spot anything strange.

Everybody acknowledged that it looked like a piece of a rectangular sheet.

Yes, it does appear that way with no further context. Many natural things 'appear' as something. When full context is taken into account it's obvious they are not the thing they appear to be. Unless you think clouds are actually living animals. Or you think The Old Man in the Mountain in New England is some sort of rock humanoid.

Here is a tip, what happens to objects over time? Hint, they get buried. These objects are alien archaelogical artifacts that are very recent (which is impossible) or they are objects that look interesting, but that's it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This is the pic in the opening post
The Panel is at "10"

Here is the same area from a different angle with a scale of messurement in centimeters.
I put a red line on it to point to the same area as the Panel that isnt there.
I did not add the scale, nasa did.
If you want to see the hi res image there is a couple of links to them already on this thread.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
After a miserably long stare, I'm not sure that the 'Sheet' may be even clay? I see looking at it closely, very slight variations in the "Shadow Underneath" that everyone see's. So..., what that says to me, is that although there is a lot of 'Clay' patches throughout the photo, I think it's more likely a rock, with the 'Shadow' being the side that is not in the direct line of the Sun, like the sunlight is coming from the right of the photo.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
OP, have you ever heard of John E. Brandenburg?

astroreview.com...

I have found this interview with him extremely enlightening, and I think it would help.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

(In a nutshell, there was life on Mars, and yes those are ruins of at least a Bronze Age type civilization. Did it go out by way of comet (like the dinosaurs) or did they nuke themselves?)

I am wondering how you felt about this before I go on.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Cool post but I suspect that those are most likely natural formations though I wouldn't be surprised if they are learning more from Curiosity than NASA is telling us.

Nature is capable of creating such things and Mars is more dynamic than most will admit. The majority of scientists agree that planet is still geologically active even though we have yet to witness an eruption. There is a substantial amount of evidence for a subterranean ocean and who knows what exists within its ancient cavern systems. Certainly some form of life exists on Mars.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dontrunwithknives

Great job star for you. It does resemble gold, while Im not an expert I see no reason why there could not be gold on mars. Those pic you worked on got my curiosity flowing. If they found gold boy that would help move things right along with exploration of mars. This piece sums it up nicely why gold is valuable/rareseekingalpha.com... anything to get the ball rolling on mars. Even if it is to mine it.

The other pic by that moderater posting ( ArmaP i think is his name) in here is equally interesting.
Great job to the Op and the posters, way to be the eyes for us lazy people
. Seriously tho great work guys keep it up.

edit on 25-1-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

edit on 25-1-2013 by Celticfrost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Good work. I can mildly agree on some of those things, not sure if I would have seen the same things in the shapes without your suggestions, but, I enjoy that sort of stuff anyway. However, item # 10. the "panel", that one piqued my interest. It is, to me at least, simply unexplainable by natural processes in that environment.
Again, nice work.

Oh, by the way, I don't think we're allowed to put pictures of "#2" in our posts.
haha

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
OMG - are we looking for pictures in the clouds or what here?!! these are rocks!! there is no conspiracy here! rocks look like things - every picture of a rock you've shown resembles a rock down here on earth; they look like stuff!..........

for all i know those pictures are from somewhere on earth...

i'm not being closed-minded here but jeez, you made me log in to the site to comment on this man - that takes a lot these days! lol

and as for that "panel", apparently you've never seen a slab of rock before!
edit on 25-1-2013 by adrenochrome because: "panel"...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Question is though...
Who put those rocks there?
Will they blend?

Are those Bugal Boy Jeans your wearing?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
hmm this picture with panel caught my eye... lets assume this is real, panel is a piece from a ancient construction.

Then a question comes to me. "What really happen on mars?"
I do however see a vague pattern. Old looking ruin pieces here and there. several "scars" on the Mars planet.

Either it has been a War torn planet who's civilization went extinct or escaped Mars or simply a Planetwide natural disaster.

Im sure we can spin alot ideas how Mars become like today, considering all those few picture who gives something that caught our eyes due something isn't natural made by nature.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Could be a name plate or a badge

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by jnyblujns
I never made any outrages claims. I never put 20 exclamation points in my title to draw attention. I never said anything was definitely anything. All I said was "Here's an interesting picture, here are some things that look interesting to me, and this is what they look like to me."

I can assure you I'll think twice before ever posting anything on this site again.

That's true, you made no outrageous claims and provided all that was needed for other people to do their analysis, like everybody should do.

I just think you shouldn't have get so upset because of the people that do not know how to answer to what was presented.

PS: thinking twice before posting is always a good idea.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Blister
The image you have posted displays possible evidence of venting,having possible darkened areas at either end of the hole. If this is venting, the fans are very small thus suggesting a very passive area of CO2 activity. That means that the CO2 being vented is not doing so at high pressure. This lends evidence for potential CO2 venting via local CO2 sublimation in the sub-surface. It would be very interesting to find a similar 'sump' or depression nearby (as per the image above).

I didn't think of that possibility, good thinking.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 25/1/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well......

I grew up in a desert area in Southern California and we used to go to this place called the Joshua Tree National Monument/Park. We would climb around on the rocks and go into the caves. I know I am going to sound like a doubter, but because of that experience, this does not look out of the norm to me. They are amazing photos though. I just don't see anything that makes me believe these are unnatural. Mars has a lot of dust storms and anything can be whipped up and moved about and carved into odd and sharp shapes. The crust on Mars is similar to crust on Earth so if it can happen here naturally, it can happen there. I'm just saying.

Don't yell at me.
edit on 25-1-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I was able to locate the "panel" on the most recent Curiosity mosaic (Sol 166, Mastcam left):

Full-size image: www.pictureshack.us...

A close up of the "panel", straight from jpl source: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Rotated to match the OP's pic:

I don't know about you, but to me it looks nothing like a manufactured panel. It's not even rectangular. It's all about the angle of view, and perhaps resolution, that makes your mind play tricks.

I will post again an image of dried lake bed in Sinai. Look at all the "panels"!

edit on 25-1-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thanks OP for your effort. What some people around here dont understand is that alot of us enjoy looking at pics from Mars no matter what they are.I have seen all the threads on this site of this subject and I have to say that the panel pic is one of the most intresting of all. Its probably natural but man it could be......
Thanks again for this and do not be put off by the negitive views.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

There are just so many objects that seem "unnatural".

Just because a shape appears "unatural" to Human sensibilites doesn't mean it is. Human perception is a funny thing, a triangular rock looks like it was carved with intent but they are found in nature with some regularity (just do a google search for Triangular rock). I did find some of the pics interesting as they mildly resembled petrified coral but I know looking like coral and actually being coral are very different things.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
interesting stuff. particularly this;

Yes, this one if real is the best pic of a mars anomaly.

I just cant see this forming naturally.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join