It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Interesting Mars Picture I've Come Across.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Bakatono
GOLD RUSH ON MARS!

it actually looks more like quartz veins to me and they come in a golden color also if the color is anywhere near accurate.

Ah, yes, but quartz is often known as the "mother of gold," and where there are quartz veins there are often gold veins, as well. A gold rush to Mars would be interesting, although going there and creating large rockets to lift heavy gold up out of the gravity well of Mars to get it to Earth might make it too expensive to be worth the effort.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
How did you come across all that? it looks so little... did you just went like " Ooh, let me zoom this out and look for anomalies." Because you cannot see anything on the original picture... Not accusing you of anything, but, if it's legit, its "wow". So i wanna know...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by keujah
How did you come across all that? it looks so little... did you just went like " Ooh, let me zoom this out and look for anomalies." Because you cannot see anything on the original picture... Not accusing you of anything, but, if it's legit, its "wow". So i wanna know...

The picture is legit mate and is posted on the official NASA/JPL site, and I have downloaded it and zoomed it and yes, I am amazed by it

It does look reminiscent of an archaeology dig site and the carvings are definitely similar to ancient human civilizations.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by buddhasystem
The crack in the ground can be relatively recent.

What do you mean by "relative"?

Erosion can happen due to thermal expansion and contraction, and if there is indeed a little ice under the surface, all bets are off regarding how cracks can appear and disappear. So I don't know how you came up with millions of years. The cavity can be a dozen gallons in volume.

Sure it can, I have no idea of the size of the crack or if there is something more than just a crack.

What I do know is that it looks like the edges of the crack are more eroded than the edges of the surrounding rocks, so I think that the crack is, at least, as old as the rocks. As far as I understand it, that area (along with Mars) is supposed to have dried thousands or millions of years ago, so that's why I came up with thousands or millions of years. After all, that's how geological eras are usually measured, isn't it?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by qvision
Martian town :

Martian hobbit-holes :

QV.
now there's a mystery who or what made those holes?
I see quite a few in that picture

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Some of the OP pictures are legitimately interesting. But when you start diving into the realm of alien hobbit holes, and dragon bones...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by keujah

As I explained in my original post, yes, that's pretty much what I do. I get bored sometimes and I take high res images and look over them extremely slowly at different zoom levels. I have spent hours just looking over this one image and I'm still looking over it and finding things. Yes, according to NASA, the objects I'm pointing out are only a few cm in size. I have a bit of skepticism when it comes to NASA's official measurements. But even if the objects are very tiny, I still find them interesting. Actually, if you let your imagination run a little loose, the implications of extremely tiny artificially made objects are interesting to say the least.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee63

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
interesting stuff. particularly this;

Yes, this one if real is the best pic of a mars anomaly.

I just cant see this forming naturally.

Ooh yes you can, did you not see the (excellent) post above by wildespace?! Nature does in fact create formations like this...i suggest you go for more walks, planet earth is an amazing place lol.

Great pictures OP none the less, amazing to think what we are looking is MARS! blows my mind.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Outwith the OPs highlights, here's a few more strange things about this picture. Additionally, I don't know size ratio of the things in the picture, but this stuff is still weird:

Additionally, if you'll notice, ALL of the anomalies I have highlighted are pointing from the North-East to the South-West in relation to the picture.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
Here's the OP's "panel" from a different angle (almost top-down). It looks just like any other slab of sediment, probably slate.

No it doesn't. The corner looks very close to dead on square, even though that is impossible to prove. Not saying it is either, but it sure as hell looks like it.

I wish people didn't assume they are geology experts to assert that this cannot form naturally.

I have not read anyone assuming that they are geology experts or that this was not formed naturally. It's called having a discussion. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
One more observation. To those of you who have shown some of these objects and formations from different angles and pointed out that they look different. You are absolutely right, objects sometimes do look different from different angles, but who's to say that the angle that you show it from is the "true" shape of the object and the angle I show it from isn't? It's all about perspective.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

Dude you hit the motherload! I don't know what it all means, but it sure as hell means that Mars isn't as lifeless and boring as we thought it was. Even if one of those things are not natural, that's evidence of past sentient activity on Mars of some form.

Well done brother. Keep it up

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jnyblujns
You are absolutely right, objects sometimes do look different from different angles, but who's to say that the angle that you show it from is the "true" shape of the object and the angle I show it from isn't? It's all about perspective.

One or two photos cannot show the true shape of anything, as those are not enough for getting a complete 3D idea of what it looks like.

If we had three photos taken at right angles from each other we could make a 3D model of the objects, but as things are we have to imagine the complete shape.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just to give the sense of scale (i.e. how large that "panel" is), here's the latest picture of Curiosity's robotic arm positioned next to it: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

The "panel" tiny! Likewise, the rocks and wrinkles nearby, where some people saw "hobbit holes", are very small in scale.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Now that is something because the weird stuff I'm seeing is most definitely real, so we're now talking an ancient civilization of mini-creatures living on Mars? I wouldn't rule anything out at this point.

In regards to the above edit I posted with the two eagle heads, I zoomed right out (losing that part of the image) and had to find it again. I followed one of the "roads" from the "hobbit holes" and it lead right to it
Could be a coincidence or luck, but there's some things wrong with this picture, something unnatural.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Now that is something because the weird stuff I'm seeing is most definitely real, so we're now talking an ancient civilization of mini-creatures living on Mars? I wouldn't rule anything out at this point.

Yes, given Richard C. Hoagland's take on the "martian apartments" (aka the Shaler outcrop), Martians must be very miniature.
www.enterprisemission.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Yes, given Richard C. Hoagland's take on the "martian apartments" (aka the Shaler outcrop), Martians must be very miniature.
www.enterprisemission.com...

Was slightly skeptical of some of Hoaglands work but I may have to reconsider

Assuming that all these theories are real, it would explain a lot of UFO reports, as so many people have reported seeing small sized crafts including saucers (my original theory was they may have been drones). Proof of a miniature race opens up a lot of doors

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Discovering veins of gold on Mars would be wonderful for spurring on exploration. Imagine a 2048 MARTIAN gold rush.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

One thing I don't understand, why people say that this looks like gold?

To me that looks white and chalk-like. extra DIV

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The pics are pretty large, so you'll have to scroll...

The panel is much different than the normal erosion in the sediment. I inserted lines where erosion is taking place. Can you see how they match diagonally and horizontally? The panel does not match at all.

If you look at the one line on the panel, you can see that there is not one area on the images that remotely matches the “straight” line on the panel.

Origional...

Image #2

Image #3

What we are seeing is NOT part of the normal Martian landscape. Just my humble opinion of course...

edit on 25-1-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join