It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Interesting Mars Picture I've Come Across.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
jnyblujns

I think truly one of the better posts in quite a while here at Mj.

The number one pic triangle is an excellent example of a true anomaly. Clearly showing it's roundness at the ends is a big bonus for your thread.
Great find by the way!

Number 2 I think is a valid example of something that isn't normal and deserves respect. Looks almost like a box half buried and stuck through the ages!

3. Interesting little hook there at the 700% zoom!

Very interesting number 2 at 100 zoom (kinda) can get your head spinning a bit ! WAy to gO!

The first photo at number 7 is almost like mars anomaly HEAVEN
)))))) Those holes are killers (that is skeptic killers

Number 8 GREAT

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I found a dead dragon :

QV.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Under the ledge on the lower-left has srtangely-formed material :

This lis an interesting reflection :

This looks like a metal frame has had liquid stone poured around it :

QV.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
A Martian tank !

Strange dark rock in centre :

The mars photos are full of higher-than-average rectilinear or controlled-curve objects strewn around many areas.

They remind me of Pompeii.

QV.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Martian town :

Martian hobbit-holes :

QV.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Yeah, it's fun to look at rocks and imagine what they kind of look like. It's interesting how so many have edges on them that look pretty straight, but that's what wind and water and cracking can do sometimes.

But if you think they're in any way manufactured by an alien intelligence, I'm afraid you're just being overly-imaginative and more than a little nutty.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Yeah, it's fun to look at rocks and imagine what they kind of look like. It's interesting how so many have edges on them that look pretty straight, but that's what wind and water and cracking can do sometimes.

But if you think they're in any way manufactured by an alien intelligence, I'm afraid you're just being overly-imaginative and more than a little nutty.

Some folks are becoming over-zealous with the image, granted, but this is NOT wind or water erosion, that's incredible:

Top right hand corner in full image btw

If it's fake, why would NASA put this in the image?
edit on 25-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Cube sticking out of the ground isn't uncommon in nature. Just check out The Devils Postpile National Monument located in California.

However, The flat panel looking thing has me scratching my head. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

amazing finds! maybe that pic was taken becouse they need to identify mineral supplies.. i think that some goverment agency would be very interested about resources outside our planet.... just a thought..

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bakatono
Well, to be honest, mostly looks like rocks to me. I have found triangular rocks in river beds in the mid-west and other oddly "carved" rocks in streams and so forth. So, 99.9999999999999% they are just rocks.

The gold vein idea is interesting though.

GOLD RUSH ON MARS!

Wonder what their football team would be named???

it actually looks more like quartz veins to me and they come in a golden color also if the color is anywhere near accurate.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Great post. Definitely some interesting objects, but that "panel" is damn hard to explain. It almost looks like you could dust it off and see some old gas station ad or something. I can't believe any natural force would create something like this. More surprising that it hasn't been pointed out before, and some lame explanation made. Really fascinating! I'm one of the people that think we should have landed men on Mars 10 years ago.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
What's up the attitudes in this thread.

I think op has done a good job in bringing some intersting photos for us a to have a look at.

Why are people so highly strung....

Yes I like to be on either side and give my true thoughts and opinions without attack...wouldn't it be nice if everyone would behave like grownups.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by vtr99

Great post. Definitely some interesting objects, but that "panel" is damn hard to explain. It almost looks like you could dust it off and see some old gas station ad or something. I can't believe any natural force would create something like this. More surprising that it hasn't been pointed out before, and some lame explanation made. Really fascinating! I'm one of the people that think we should have landed men on Mars 10 years ago.

Look at the larger picture of the are on page 12 this thread then comment again, have you not seen just that type of formation? I have when looking for paving stone I peeled pieces up like these.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Wow. Imagine a planet with 50 billion trillion rocks on it having any that look like something we could compare it to. I mean the odds must be what..... logical?

Yeah, flat panels and a whole bunch of straight-edged rocks all in one sight. I know what we can compare it to...archaeological sights, construction sights, etc......

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidFire
IMO, It looks exactly like something one would see in a dried riverbed in a desert. Where you have your pitted and carved rocks from erosion and weathering. Temperature extremes on Mars, I would believe, would help contribute to the fracturing of some rocks, and shifting some of the dried mud-cracks below. Also, that vein on the rock looks more like a small quartz vein, quartz is a fairly common silicate.... Though that's my opinion.

Rocks may look shiny and Iron-esque due to polishing from weathering and erosion, as there are winds on mars, I can see this.

Just something I would say from observation.
Thats what I was looking at it looks like a dry river bed.I'll go as far to say it only looks to be recently dry.You can still see moisture in the sand,I see this picture and can almost feel the wet sand,has nasa admitted to recent water on Mars?
I just wish they were transparent with what they know about Mars,it would make things so much easier for all of us.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Here's the OP's "panel" from a different angle (almost top-down). It looks just like any other slab of sediment, probably slate.

I wish people didn't assume they are geology experts to assert that this cannot form naturally.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Great post! Like a lot of posters here i just wanted to add that 'the panel" is my fav part of the picture here!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

NASA Mars Spirit Rover Photographed Alien Species Fossils On Mars

Yet again, earlier this week we received another mysterious mars picture via email, which was photographed by NASA Mars Spirit rover. The below image can be found in Spirit Panoramic photo SOL 527.

Source : www.ufo-blogger.com...

edit on 25-1-2013 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Some folks are becoming over-zealous with the image, granted, but this is NOT wind or water erosion [...]

Prove it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Some folks are becoming over-zealous with the image, granted, but this is NOT wind or water erosion [...]

Prove it.

not very productive mate.

It's the personal perception thing once again, either you see it or you don't but I am convinced the full landscape picture in the OP is littered with anomalies and if I had to say, in certain areas of it, it looks like one big crash debris site.

edit on 25-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join