It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton - "what difference does it make at this point"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The whole scandal just makes me sick....90% of politicians are professional liars. If people truly had power over the govenment there would be alot of available jobs in Washington. Pretty sad when you look at the whole of them and can only find less than a dozen that actually are "for the people". The only thing I can gather from her careful avoiding of questions, and mannerisms is that she knows alot more than she is admitting to. I used to think she was a good person and a great candidate for POTUS, the more I see of her the more I realize she is just one more pig wallowing in the filth that is the political machine.

Kinda offtopic...... Has anyone wondered why there are offices in Washington that are not elected, and just appointed? This seems to be a big flaw in our system of government in my opinion and leads to cronysim, especially considering the vast amounts of power alot of these positions entail. Also the idea, of "career politicians" needs to go as well, senate should have term limits.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I didn't say I was applauding every single post did I? I enjoyed reading through the replies that were actually contributing something to the debate. What does that tell me? It tells me I read the replies of both sides of the debate. What does it tell you that you took issue with what I said? I also like blue Smurf ice cream. Would you like to discuss what that tells me? One word: delicious. Thats what it tells me.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
For those who are still parroting White House/Clinton lies and saying "they did not have the capability to watch what was going on in Benghazi".

Then what the hell is this eh?

The above photo was from the Bin Laden "raid".

Guess who is in that picture.

edit on 24-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

glad to see someone else caught that as well!

AND the above pic as well.
I admire the observance skills!

edit on 24-1-2013 by HappilyEverAfter because: too add

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
For those who are still parroting White House/Clinton lies and saying "they did not have the capability to watch what was going on in Benghazi".

It is this kind of dishonesty that makes actual discussion impossible.

(A) Please show me where they said "they did not have the capability to watch what was going in Benghazi?"

(B) The photo from the OBL raid..that was planned...ya know ...drones above and network prepped for the OP....VS. A real time unexpected attack on a consulate in Libya.

(C) There is no reason for the Sec of State to watch a real-time view of the events...cuz the DOD/CIA were the ones that immediately launched the drone for the purpose of planning extraction and rescue. The drone was of value to Spec Ops, not the Sec of State. The Sec. of State is the one on the phone to DOD saying "do whatever you have to do" and on the phones to the Libyan "gov" saying WTF...on the phone to CIA and contacts in Bhengazi.

Your BS makes no sense...all partisanship aside...it fails THINKING

That is what makes debating with Idealogues impossible.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I've been following this and my opinion is Hillary is taking the fall. That's why she's was so wishy-washy, because it's all a deceit designed to save face for Obama- and lies always fall apart. The administration had to have known what was going down. We have intelligence officers on the ground in every country on Earth telling us every move, except in Libya. Yeah right. I think the President doesn't mind sacrificing a few Americans to prevent anymore backlash toward U.S. policy in the middle east.

Just my 1.5 cents (don't have a full 2 for this, sorry).

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Really now

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They did not watch it "live".

Then why was Clinton sitting in on the Bin Laden raid?

They did they had real time access.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They????

Spec Ops/CIA...YES...for effs sake. To assist in rescue/extraction operations.

Sec of State or the President??? No. In that type of crisis response situation that makes no sense to stop and watch TV, the drone video was of no value to them in the heat of the moment, that was for the Spec Ops operations. The Pres. and Sec of State weren't invisible...every minute of those hours has been documented and corroborated by GOP appointed investigators.

9:42 p.m. -- Armed men begin their assault on the U.S. Consulate.

9:59 p.m. -- A surveillance drone is directed to fly over the U.S. compound, but it is unarmed.

11:10 p.m. -- The surveillance drone arrives over the Benghazi facility.

11:30 p.m. -- All surviving U.S. personnel are evacuated from the consulate. U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and State Department computer expert Sean Smith were killed in the initial assault.

www.cnn.com...

The Pentagon ordered an unmanned aerial vehicle that was in the air conducting surveillance on militant camps to fly over Benghazi. The drone arrived at 5:11 (Eastern Time..11:11pm local)

en.wikipedia.org...

You are not alone in this line of BS....

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.) said Deputy Assistant Secretary for Diplomatic Security Charlene Lamb “testified she had actually witnessed this, the attack, in real-time on a monitor.”

“At any time did you see the initial attack on a monitor with the president?” Rohrbacher asked.

“Congressman, there was no monitor, there was no real time. We got the surveillance videos some weeks later, that was the first time we saw any video of the attack,” Clinton said in testimony before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs.

What did Charlene Lamb actually say in testimony?

She told the House Oversight Committee in October that “When the attack began, a diplomatic security agent working in the Tactical Operations Center…alerted the annex U.S. quick reaction security team stationed nearby…from that point on, I could follow what was happening in almost real-time.”

She was in contact with the CIA safe house nearby and they were telling her what they saw.

www.theblaze.com...

The CIA gave the drone tapes to the State Dept. weeks alter for the investigation and those tapes were shown tot he entire committee.

Just such insane BS...And it is pointless to argue with folks who aren't actually interested in what occured but rather partisan BS....I understand why our Sec. of State lost her patience with the GOP "committe members"...just like the American public has...just the same BS even in the midst of a terrorist attack.

Thank GOD the party that wasn't in the white house on 9-11 had the grace to act like grown ups when that happened...the GOP are simply cruel children throwing a tantrum cuz they keep losing.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The republicans are like lions just waiting to pounce on any mistakes democrats become involved in. I just want to know why they didn't pounce on Bush, Cheney, Powell, and Condoleezza Rice when the evidence of WMD's and the smoking gun "nuclear cloud" was found out to be just a bunch of smoke and mirrors? Wasn't it just a mistake that NORAD sent jet fighters out over the Atlantic during the plane hijackings? Where was the outrage over this? What about the stand down orders that Cheney gave. Why wasn't he grilled?

They even had the democratic majority leader of the house, Nancy Pelosi squelch any possible investigation into the evidence leading up to the Iraq war. I mean both political parties do it, but the conservatives are always out for blood. You have a thousand of young U.S. soldiers killed not to mention thousands of innocent Iraqi lives snuffed out all because of a false accusation? Than once they find out they can't prove there are WMD's, they change their mission just to occupy Iraq?

Lets not even get into the investigation of 9/11 and the secret testimony of Bush and Cheney behind closed doors. In addition, what about Bush allowing members of the Bin Laden family to fly home within a couple of hours of the towers collapsing. Lets not even get into the Bush connections with ENRON or the savings and loan scandals.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Sec of State or the President??? No. In that type of crisis response situation that makes no sense to stop and watch TV, the drone video was of no value to them in the heat of the moment, that was for the Spec Ops operations. The Pres. and Sec of State weren't invisible...every minute of those hours has been documented and corroborated by GOP appointed investigators.

What?

They spend billions of dollars for the WHITE HOUSE SITUATION room how anyone got "stop and watch tv" is ridiculous since no one said that.

Freaken broken record the current administration is never responsible for anything that goes wrong, and plenty has gone wrong.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
the point is not that the attack happened or that Americans were killed it the fact that you lied to the public and to the administration it the moral of the whole thing is why it makes a difference still you bold faced lied to the people and they want to know why it all about the moral of the thing it has nothing to do with the fact it happened... that why a lot of people get mad about small things that go on its got nothing to do with the fact it happened its the moral that a lot of people don't see that's what pisses the people off the the fact you are supposed to represent us and but instead your lying to us its all about morals

ITS ALL ABOUT MORALS!!

witch none of our government officals seem to have any more they work for a corporation and don't work for the people any more ...

78% of people disapprove of congress then why the heck are they still in office we need to get rid of all the officials and arrest all of them that have started war and created weapons such as vaccines and put them all on trial for deception of the American people we need to take back our god giving rights to freedom don't you all understand we are trapped we are slaves we have no choice anymore they tell us what to eat by offering only certain things they make us watch and listen to them on the radio and TV we the people don't choose what we want to watch its all government regulated everything from every angle the government has taken us over slowly but surely its time to take back our freedom and individuality or its gana be to late if we try in 10 years they will have a grip so tight we wolnt even be able to think what we want its now or never NOW OR NEVER

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I just want to know why they didn't pounce on Bush, Cheney, Powell, and Condoleezza Rice when the evidence of WMD's and the smoking gun "nuclear cloud" was found out to be just a bunch of smoke and mirrors?

Bush Admin. response to OBL killing 3k Americans:....I think there is oil over there? Where? Afghanistan? No...Iraq! Cha-ching!!

Obama Admin response to OBL killing 3k Americans....Find OBL...NOW

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tierdofbs
the point is not that the attack happened or that Americans were killed it the fact that you lied to the public

ITS ALL ABOUT MORALS!!

Never lied. The intelligence was in two threads...protest like the ones occuring simultaneously across the middle-east over the film....and Militants.

This is what the ambassador to the UN said that set the NEWS MEDIA off and running with the protest BS...

Here I'll underline some important parts that THE MEDIA seemed to not notice...

RICE:

Well, Jake, first of all, it's important to know that there's an FBI investigation that has begun and will take some time to be completed. That will tell us with certainty what transpired.

But our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous -- not a premeditated -- response to what had transpired in Cairo. In Cairo, as you know, a few hours earlier, there was a violent protest that was undertaken in reaction to this very offensive video that was disseminated.

We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to -- or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo. And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons, weapons that as you know in -- in the wake of the revolution in Libya are -- are quite common and accessible. And it then evolved from there.

We'll wait to see exactly what the investigation finally confirms, but that's the best information we have at present.

So she starts and ends the statement with essentially "we don't know for sure"....Wait for the investigation...AND acknowldeges that it was conducted by extremists.

They didn't know then that it didn't start as a protest and were still sorting through intelligence.

BUT...what the hell...DEAD AMERICANS?...for the GOP it was Christmas...make hay when you can.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
(B) The photo from the OBL raid..that was planned...ya know ...drones above and network prepped for the OP....VS. A real time unexpected attack on a consulate in Libya.

I can see your knowledge of the US intelligence collection capabilities is limited - I assure you mine is not. The drones send their information through satellites which in turn can broadcast that feed to any place with a receiver with access to the "channel". Just like satellite TV.

If you have access, (and I assure you the situation room at the White House has access to everything) one can tune into any feed from any receiver in the air (or in orbit for that matter) in real time with the click of a remote not unlike the one we all use at home.

Originally posted by Indigo5
(C) There is no reason for the Sec of State to watch a real-time view of the events...cuz the DOD/CIA were the ones that immediately launched the drone for the purpose of planning extraction and rescue. The drone was of value to Spec Ops, not the Sec of State. The Sec. of State is the one on the phone to DOD saying "do whatever you have to do" and on the phones to the Libyan "gov" saying WTF...on the phone to CIA and contacts in Bhengazi.

Just like the White House situation room the State Department has one as well. The Secretary of State is in the direct line of succession to be POTUS (very close actually) after all and therefore with the flip of a switch her/his situation room can be made the National Command Authority.

The State Department can access the same feeds as the White House with the click of the button on a remote.

You are falling for it... We have so much redundancy available when it comes to intelligence information.

I might buy that even though the feed was available to them (Hillary and Barrack) that neither of them chose to go assess the situation personally, because I doubt even the life of a US Ambassador means much to either of them; however, I don't buy that they didn't have the live feed available.

I have worked in Special Operations and MI for my 24 year military career.

I do suppose that than lying about having access to said feed is a better move than admitting you didn't care enough to stop your campaign for a few hours to...I don't know, do your job.

edit on 24/1/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/1/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

A planned op on Osama bin Laden 10 years in the making of course had video with it. It was an op. Quite different from a raid out of nowhere.

But of course you fail to see that distinction because you have a political agenda.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
You know I'd buy the gop and those on here with this witch hunt about the death of 4 American souls... If they showed the same interest in truth about the war in Iraq and wmds which cost the lives of thousands. No such inquiry had been made by these grandstanding Republicans of course. Because they're hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What a lying moron, she makes the American Government look like the Three stooges, in her lame excuses and lies as to what really happened..

edit on 24-1-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

So after the hearings Obama calls Bill Clinton and asks him how's Hillary's head?
He responded not as good as......

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by neo96

A planned op on Osama bin Laden 10 years in the making of course had video with it. It was an op. Quite different from a raid out of nowhere.

But of course you fail to see that distinction because you have a political agenda.

Negative ghost rider the pattern is full...of BS. Again, like I said. A drone launched in Afghanistan by the guys counting poppy fields can be dialed up by anyone with access to its "channel" just as easily as any other one. Any one launched can be monitored by the National Command Authority.

We are no longer sending things to the White House in sealed diplomatic pouches...why when encrypted video is so much better and in real time. Welcome to the 21st century of warfare - where Generals and Politicians can see what every unit is doing, right now...

Personally, I liked it better when we could make decisions on the ground without interference from brass sitting on their fat asses but hey, that’s no longer my problem.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

Taking the fall? Are you insane? She is a calculating #. She's not taking the fall. She's playing the game she always plays.

She pretends to be president behind the president's back. I'm no fan of his but I see what the hell is going on here. She is a stronger personality and she easily overshadows him.

She is power-hungry.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join