It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton - "what difference does it make at this point"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton - what difference does it make at this point?

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Wednesday lashed out over the claim that the administration misled Americans about the nature of the Libya terror attack by asserting that it was the result of a protest, raising her voice during a Senate hearing and asking: "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

and then this ...

Clinton continued to speak, raising her voice and gesturing: "Was it because of a protest or is it because of guys out for a walk one night and they decide they go kill some Americans?

"What difference, at this point, does it make?"

Clinton, lowering her voice, then said it is the administration's job to "figure out what happened" and prevent it from happening again.

So .. she goes from 'what difference does it make' to 'we'll figure out what happened' .. all in one breath. Yeah .. like I"m going to trust her to find out what happened after she said 'what difference does it make'???
edit on 1/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: hit enter too early ..

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
for her and many other politicians the truth makes no difference.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Never mind the dead they left behind, no laws are stopping her why should she care?

+1 more 
link   
Kind of hard for the administration to figure out what happened and make sure it doesnt happen again if the only info they're getting is "what difference does it make at this point?"

I'd have to assume the reason they're asking the question is so they can figure out what happened and make sure it doesn't happen again.

+9 more 
link   
I started watching that hearing but i couldn't take it between the but kissing and the excuse made for her, then bringing up Algeria, and Mali when it is about what happened.

I turned it off.

We will never know the truth and Clinton it does make a difference lying is an impeachable offense because the whole administration parroted those lies.
edit on 23-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
for her and many other politicians the truth makes no difference.

As Alfred E Neuman would say: The only time politicians tell the truth is when they call each other liars.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is an important thread and I hope her words are analyzed further. It's terrible how she's making it out to be the equivalent of an auto accident.

Not to derail, but check out the second video in this article: www.weeklystandard.com...
I don't think it looks like Hillary. After all, she was MIA for a while with her mysterious fall and blood clot situation. I honestly think it could possibly be a body double. Even the sound of her voice is different. I don't know. Maybe this is nothing, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Q: Are you properly staffed in Mali and other parts of Africa
A: We need to continually assess those situations and increase support and security where it is needed

This truly is sad to watch. All they do is talk. After saying four sentences, there still is no answer.

I think the end result will be: throw more money at the problem, more security at embassies.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I wonder if when majoring in political science to become a politician they require you to take a class on logical fallacies called, Public Communication 434?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

LMAO! :shk:

@Mrs Clinton ...

Here is what difference it will make to you Hillary ... it is to your chances if you try to run for Potus in 2016!

And since you fell on your sword by accepting FULL RESPONSIBILITY already, to protect baby Obama ... well it is no time for chucking a tantrum now!

Personal Disclosure: Roll over ... play dead ... there is a good
!

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

So .. she goes from 'what difference does it make' to 'we'll figure out what happened' .. all in one breath. Yeah .. like I"m going to trust her to find out what happened after she said 'what difference does it make'???

I think your confusion is with the edited transcript...This is what she actually said after responding to multiple inquiries about the initial intelligence that said it was a protest.

"With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans," Clinton responded, raising her voice at Johnson, who continued to interrupt her. "Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk last night who decided to kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator."

Very different than what you offered in your OP?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It was clear that Hillary was going to lie through her teeth.

That's the job of the Secretary of State. She lies for a living. So I'm not surprised that she would just brush off any questions regarding responsibility and reporting in the aftermath. They don't really care that it did happen, they are only sorry it happened on their watch and they want to make damn sure nobody but those dead get the blame.

It's pathetic really.

~Tenth

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton is a disgusting woman, A true Vampire blood sucking leach, when will people learn EVERYTHING this administration says is a LIE for their own agenda

They get caught lying time and time again, yet people still believe them......mind control or what?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

I think your confusion is with the edited transcript...This is what she actually said after responding to multiple inquiries about the initial intelligence that said it was a protest.

"With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans," Clinton responded, raising her voice at Johnson, who continued to interrupt her. "Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk last night who decided to kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator."

Yea, It would help if we weren't cherry picking what she said. And this has been going on for hours. Shes getting grilled. And I think she is actually handling it well. However what frustrates me is the grandstanding from both sides of the aisle. AS I write this , a gentleman just brought up the what difference does it make comment... Perhaps listen to her response there.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Thank you, I was just about to post this myself.
We don't need to be editing things out of context. That extra sentence changes the meaning a great deal, in my opinion.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

"Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk last night who decided to kill some Americans?

How about was it because it was we bombed the hell out of their country and killed their leader remember now who said we came we saw Gadaffi died.

Clinton should know how it happened she does and makes a mockery of those Americans who were left for dead.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Yea, It would help if we weren't cherry picking what she said. And this has been going on for hours. Shes getting grilled. And I think she is actually handling it well. However what frustrates me is the grandstanding from both sides of the aisle. AS I write this , a gentleman just brought up the what difference does it make comment... Perhaps listen to her response there.

Yes. Politics....Rubio and Rand Paul's appointment to the committee before Clinton testified was no coincidence as they are both jockeying for a Presidential run in 2016 and the GOP wanted to kick things off with their biggest potential threat in 2016...Hillary. So politics mucking it up was a foregone conclusion.

As far as what Hillary meant by the statement...in it's full context as I posted above...She was pointing out that what was important was that security was breached. There will ALWAYS be threats abroad to US Embassies and the security breach is what needs to be focused on, not whether initial reports were it was a protest....Put another way...if it was protestors who killed Americans at the embassy, would they be any less dead? Would the security failure be any less of the issue that needs to be focused on? POLITICAL BS...Embassy security, whoever the perpetrators, needs to be the focus.
edit on 23-1-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It makes a difference to responsibility she is the one holding the bag it's her fault it happened she gets burned.That pretty well covers the "difference" it makes

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
She basically said " Your screwed" "Your too late" It is notable that her campaign debt from her 08 presidential run was paid off just yesterday.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
I don't think it looks like Hillary. After all, she was MIA for a while with her mysterious fall and blood clot situation ...

A conspiracy worthy of ATS ...
Is it really Hillary at the hearing?
Is it her blod clot or her knock on the head causing this kind of outburst?
Is it her just saying how she feels and not caring because she's not running for office?

She's usually not this sloppy. She's a fine tuned politician. I'm wondering if the knock on her head killed her inhabitions and, instead of saying the party line, what she's saying is how she really feels.

I had a concussion once and that's what happened to me for about two months .. I'd just say what I was thinking or feeling first ... I'd let it fly ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join