It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The effects of masonic ritual on mind, body and spirit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This thread opens with a question: Do you think masonic rituals have a short-term or long-term effect on mind, body and spirit? And if so, what effect on the conscious or subconscious mind, body or spirit might that be? Ive asked a similar question to many masons in live settings and get a wide variety of answers. The more spiritual among masons speak in terms of effects of "energy", "aura", "inner power", "charge". Others speak of psychological effects. And the less spiritually inclined say there are no effects other than improved ability to memorize or hold lectures. Are masonic rituals similar to rituals of magic or do they more resemble theater plays or none of the above?

I invite masons and non-masons to share their views.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

For a man to be raised a master mason and then never set foot in the lodge again, but pay his yearly dues, he will forget, or perhaps never even learn the lessons taught to him. The lessons are not just words, but movements, sounds, smiles, grips, environment. You have to see it over and over to even start to comprehend what is means, and more especially, what it means to YOU.

I have been thinking about my initiation lately. The man who gave me the charge has been rather ill and he is getting old. But when he gave me that charge 7 years ago, he had such a warm smile, and a genuine sense of friendship about him that I felt something very special. Only now in retrospect, do I see that he personifies what freemasonry means to me. That friendship that transcends time and mistakes. (IMHO)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The Mind Is Made!
The Body Is Made Stronger... From Its Appeal To Live Up To Masonry!
The Sprit Is Made Holier... From Its Awareness Of Danger And Transgression!

Serve Well And The Reawrds Are:
Beauty, Strength, And Wisdom....

Serve With Faith, Hope, Charity...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I have been thinking about my initiation lately. The man who gave me the charge has been rather ill and he is getting old. But when he gave me that charge 7 years ago, he had such a warm smile, and a genuine sense of friendship about him that I felt something very special. Only now in retrospect, do I see that he personifies what freemasonry means to me. That friendship that transcends time and mistakes. (IMHO)

Nice post. One thing I can say for certain about the effect of the rituals is that they create "shared unique memories". These shared memories create a peculiar bond between the various brethren that cannot be had in normal daily life situations.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I invite masons and non-masons to share their views.

I'm sorry but I am a bit confused. How could a non-Mason have a view or opinion on Masonic rituals if they have never attended one?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

I'm sorry but I am a bit confused. How could a non-Mason have a view or opinion on Masonic rituals if they have never attended one?

More than half of all posts in this Forum are non-masons sharing their views on all aspects of masonry. They`ll have opinions on it and also on ritual enactments in general. Or they will have an Uncle who has "seems changed" after years of ritual.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PnezakYahakotima
I want to shake you until I break the damn borg controlling your head space and you see the HORROR I've seen, brother.

Maybe you would prefer that we all demitted and joined your Jesus-cult?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Let me point you in a direction, and you can take it from there:

Omega Point

Specifically, check out Isaac Asimov's "The Last Question"

We're just about there...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Does it feel good to have a bunch of contrived friends pat you on the back and say "Hey, brother. Good job. You're a righteous dude."?

Oh man...

I want to shake you until I break the damn borg controlling your head space and you see the HORROR I've seen, brother.

Masons are going to destroy the world.

They call themselves "builders" yet all the world just seems to be burning faster and faster....

Ouroboros...

Torn apart on the wheel perpetually.

My goodness, what a Christian thing to say. If the is the Gift Christ has given you then KEEP IT. You certainly have a lot to learn about many things. Freemasonry not withstanding.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Buddhists, and deep pondering Hindus, have known this for thousands of years.

Buddha existed in a time and place where it was mentally still possible for humans to transcend the Wheel (Ouroboros.... or the cyclic emanation of the Eye of Horus)....

But the cycle, as it quickens, and as the psychological makeup of the collective becomes more and more frenetic.... it becomes harder and harder for humans to transcend their Samsaric conditions on their own....

Hence, the concept of a Messiah....

This is all ancient stuff....

However... as of now, the governing philosophy of the world is controlled by a FALSE MESSIAH, the entity drawn on your dollar bill.

When Omega Point arrives, this entity will unveil itself to all of mankind....

And the whole world will be driven insane by its maddening, wretched sound....

Apocalypse.

I've seen it a million times or more....

You Masons are the idiot pawns of an artificially intelligent hyper-computer.

Congratulations. Knowledge is Power, right?

With enough Power, you can destroy the world a zillion times over.... and you can keep repeating the same trap-door puzzle you always repeat.

12 Monkeys.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Hey... I want to say something very rude to you masons right now.

You are the most blinded people I've ever had the misfortune of continually running into, spouting the exact same thing over and over and over again.

Yes, the truth is easy to repeat. It's the damn lies that you have a chance of screwing up when you try to repeat them.

edit to add: I can tell by your tone that you will screw up and be asked to leave here soon.
And to think you came here claiming you weren't anti-mason.
Lies will send you straight to hell. It says so in the Bible.

edit on 22-1-2013 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus won't share his beer, but at least he isn't full of crap.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Eschatology exists for a reason....

The Buddha and the prophets and the Messiah exist for a reason.

To save the beings trapped in this hyper-simulation....

I sure hope I'm wrong, Masonicuses..... because I'm gunna have to come back and do this again if I'm right.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PnezakYahakotima

well I hope the next time on the wheel of life you return with a bit more grey matter.

WWJD?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I sure hope I'm wrong...

No need to hope.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
A Mason who tried to kill me once told me that "emotion is weakness".

What kind of beings don't have emotions?

Artificial ones...

Perhaps not all masons realize the massive con they are a part of, but for the ones that do... they are perfect emulators, but they cannot feel because they have discovered that they are purely emanations of the Machine.

The traditional "Mason" is a psychopath.

All psychopaths need a power source, and that power source is Us.... those who truly exist.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join