It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The effects of masonic ritual on mind, body and spirit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PnezakYahakotima
A Mason who tried to kill me once told me that "emotion is weakness".

BWahahahahahahahahahah!

Well, Hello Steve! You old Parakeet!

Now I know you are full of crap. I shall add you to the list of names you have gone by in the past.

If you came to me first and told me it was you, I wouldn't have outed you. I am true to my word. But since you decided to come in here with lame new stories, it goes like this.

How is that homeless guy who tells you what to think?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
there is a local mason lodge in my town.
i've talked to several masons that are a part of that lodge.
i was told my "standing in society" didn't meet their lodge's "minimum requirements".
i know nothing of their "rituals" other than what i have read on the internet.
my christian friends think i should be fitted for a straight jacket for trying to join the masons.
that's my experience.

also i'm sure how a non-mason is suppose to comment on mason rituals?
edit on 22-1-2013 by notkmarx because: speelin

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I am someone who is terrible at rote memorization. I'll never pass through the chairs for that reason. There is no way I could give the ritual the solemn reverence it deserves while struggling to remember all the words. So I usually take no place in the ritual itself, but I love watching it. And even just being a often-spectator, it has a tremendous effect on me mentally.

For me, the ritual is a link that connects all masons present to brethren who have gone before us. When the candidate kneels before that altar, he becomes part of a 600 year plus old heritage. This heritage is a rich one, and I am so moved by it every time because I know how unique this is. For ours is a heritage of men of all walks of life, all faiths, all creeds. Rich and poor. Presidents and janitors. Christians and Muslims. Men who are 18 and men who are 78. The tapestry of our lives and all those in our fraternity becomes one before that altar, and I cannot stop myself from being moved by it.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by notkmarx
there is a local mason lodge in my town.
i've talked to several masons that are a part of that lodge.
i was told my "standing in society" didn't meet their lodge's "minimum requirements".
i know nothing of their "rituals" other than what i have read on the internet.
my christian friends think i should be fitted for a straight jacket for trying to join the masons.
that's my experience.

also i'm sure how a non-mason is suppose to comment on mason rituals?
edit on 22-1-2013 by notkmarx because: speelin

First, I'd make sure your actually dealing with a real masonic lodge, as that is an odd response. If it is, move on and find another one local to you - any real lodge who says things like that is filled with a type of elitism that is an anathema to masonry.
edit on 22-1-2013 by thelongjourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I keep being told by Masons on this site that I sound like a mason.. It's funny because I am not, nor do I know anything about it..

I came to my understandings through my own search, sort of my own rituals/meditation...

Seeing as I have come to similar areas as masons, I would say that the rituals must have a positive affect on the understanding/experience of the One.

The way Masons react when I speak about enlightenment, tells me they must have been "there" too, or at least have an understanding of the literal and figurative meanings in such a thing.

So I'd say Positive, Expanding, Awareness is the effect.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelongjourney
First, I'd make sure your actually dealing with a real masonic lodge, as that is an odd response.

We use a similarly polite expression if your background check comes back with a criminal conviction.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

I would agree with this sentiment.

Say, did anyone ever tell you that you sound like a Mason?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I would agree with this sentiment.

Say, did anyone ever tell you that you sound like a Mason?

Haha..

One question I always have but never ask, because I think it comes off in the wrong light is this:

What is the relationship of most Masons to Christianity?

I share some of the Christian ideals, and agree with all the important ones, but I also find the ideas were not new at the time. More to the point, my God doesn't seem to be the same one they have, even though the God I am talking about is alluded to in the New Testament.

I'm interested in any kind of response any mason wants to give to that.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

For the average Christian there is no issue. For the fundementalist there is a problem.

I share some of the Christian ideals, and agree with all the important ones, but I also find the ideas were not new at the time.

As do all Masons. The idea of doing unto others is not new nor exclusive to Christianity.

More to the point, my God doesn't seem to be the same one they have, even though the God I am talking about is alluded to in the New Testament.

As long as your God is the one that created the Universe then you are fine.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

As long as your God is the one that created the Universe then you are fine.

that's the one I mean..

Kind of like the beatles song "within you without you."

Thanks for the response.
edit on 1/22/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
no priors believe it or not.
they also didn't check my background that i'm aware of.
just asked me questions about my work experience. how much i make a year.
where i was educated. my previous experience with organized religion.
i guess a full time plumber part time comic book artist doesn't meet the "minimum requirements"

to stay on topic.
from what i've read about mason rituals, aka "theurgy".
IMHO, theurgy sounds dangerous.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

First, I'd make sure your actually dealing with a real masonic lodge, as that is an odd response.

We use a similarly polite expression if your background check comes back with a criminal conviction.

Ah, maybe its the background check then. Out of context that phrasing seemed to me, but I guess in terms of not passing the background it makes sense.

Notkmarx - your work and education don't matter in terms of admission to the lodge unless they are doing something highly illegal. We don't care where you work unless it happens to be smuggling drugs for the Mexican cartel...I know several masons who are plumbers.
edit on 22-1-2013 by thelongjourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
thanks for the advice.
i heard of another lodge in a nearby town.
maybe i'll ask around some more.

back on topic. i think one of the draws of the mason is the idea of real life magic. but like many things that people don't fully understand, it's reasonable to say that some inherit risk exist is always present. my christian friend tells me that they use the "oldest form of brainwashing". recondition your mind by holding the idea that they(the lodge) posses some "lost knowledge". but the whole time we're having this conversation my inner child chimes in "BUT i wannnna seee the magic!!".

i've been to India on vacation several times. had a shaman perform a "cleansing ritual". walked on the reservation and met a native American chief. talked with Buddhist monks in Japan. my inner child wants magic but i want a bit of a danger coupled with an experience. now i didn't tell the masons this. probably would have scared them away faster!
edit on 22-1-2013 by notkmarx because: .

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

For me, the ritual is a link that connects all masons present to brethren who have gone before us.

I thank you for actually posting on topic.

I have certainly had this thought frequently. "They did this ritual hundreds of years ago. It connects all brethren through all ages and throughout the universe".

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Im not a Christian but I have an affinity to Christianity and its many denominations and teachings nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

t

i've been to India on vacation several times. had a shaman perform a "cleansing ritual". walked on the reservation and met a native American chief. talked with Buddhist monks in Japan. my inner child wants magic but i want a bit of a danger coupled with an experience. now i didn't tell the masons this. probably would have scared them away faster!
edit on 22-1-2013 by notkmarx because: .

I enjoy that kind of mystique and excitement too. Masonic Ritual is not quite like that...its more subtle or "less charged" so to speak.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
So masons...what are the effects of our rituals, if any?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

i think one of the draws of the mason is the idea of real life magic.

If you are looking for magic then you would be looking in the wrong place.

If you are looking for self-betterment and like-minded individuals then Masonry is a good option.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

back on topic. i think one of the draws of the mason is the idea of real life magic. ]

I'd look into Hermeticism if you want that.. Of course, magic is another way of saying the imposition of one's Will on the energy or matter of the All that Is. You know how people say the journey is more important than the destination? Well, this is because there are no short cuts in magic, unless wishing upon a star, has some validity...

In other words why focus on the dream, when there are real issues to be solved and transformed by? I'm a believer in the Transmutation by Fire idea.

Masons could give you some structure and comradery, in your search. That's not my cup of tea, because I like my own path.

As cheap as the disney reference goes, "The Magic is within You."
Magic - B.o.B
"I've got the Magic in me."

edit on 1/23/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join