It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are involved in this whether you like it or not !!!! Questions not answered here.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I think your theory is bunk.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by DeltaChaos]

You think my theory is bunk ... ??? haha ... yeah ... and you think that your Mind has never been tampered with hahaha .... You need to wake up off of the drugs that you are on.

I have never seen into another universe, dimension, reality, or whatever euphemism you may choose to describe the unreal. My mind has never been taken, manipulated, reprocessed, reprogrammed, erased, or otherwise tampered with by any outside influence.

If you would have seen it YOU would not have recognized it because you listen to other people to much instead of your own self. Maybe that is the reason you can't sleep quit trying to listen to everything and just live life normal .... =-) .. !!!

DON'T THINK !!!!!!

JUST DO !!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Bet555, whenever somebody challenges your 13 year old theories, you automatically label them irrational, when in reality, everyone who realizes that your theories are logically inept and lack fundamental reasoning are debunking you.

You said so yourself that you've never even read a single book in your life. If you did, you'd realize that all your untamed prepubescent visionaries are nothing but shadows of what has already been discussed and concluded thousands of years ago, and as a result your theories are pretty much feeble AT BEST to the public eye.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by UnconsciousEntity]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnconsciousEntity
Bet555, whenever somebody challenges your 13 year old theories, you automatically label them irrational, when in reality, everyone who realizes that your theories are logically inept and lack fundamental reasoning are debunking you.

You said so yourself that you've never even read a single book in your life. If you did, you'd realize that all your untamed prepubescent visionaries are nothing but shadows of what has already been discussed and concluded thousands of years ago, and as a result your theories are pretty much feeble AT BEST to the public eye.

It is so funny ... that I am trying to discuss a thread and a topic. A certain topic yet all I seem to have is negative critisism. Almost as if there are more people scared of this actually being true, then there are people that really want to find out the truth. So I guess UncontiousEntity you believe that once upon a time there was a Big Bang ??? And here you stand today right lol ... Well you keep believing that and you keep believing those scientist that said about 10 years ago that we came from APES LoL ... Now what are they saying ... ??? They seem to be alittle confused ...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Bet, I'm not sure you are really being fair.
In a brief glance, it does appear that you are passing up many potential intellectual conversations for the sake of bickering.
I have seen a few good ideas tossed about that you haven't even acknowledged yet you have taken every available opportunity to insult fellow posters.

You feeling okay?
Have you taken a moment to realize the possibility that maybe your ideas could benefit from testing out some slight changes? Either they will enforce what you believe or they will change it- but either way you will come closer to the truth you are seeking.
So maybe relax a bit.

Originally posted by bet555

It is so funny ... that I am trying to discuss a thread and a topic. A certain topic yet all I seem to have is negative critisism. Almost as if there are more people scared of this actually being true, then there are people that really want to find out the truth. So I guess UncontiousEntity you believe that once upon a time there was a Big Bang ??? And here you stand today right lol ... Well you keep believing that and you keep believing those scientist that said about 10 years ago that we came from APES LoL ... Now what are they saying ... ??? They seem to be alittle confused ...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

The difference between you and scientists is that scientists don't preach their beliefs on internet message boards. They present evidence so people can draw their own conclusions based on their own judgement and ability to rationalize. They use scientific notation to convey and determine what is plausible and what isn't. You use nothing, therefore you have no structure. Reading your posts is painful because you have no basis for logic. You laugh at something as absolutely elegant as the theory of evolution, yet your theory is a carbon copy of that from the Matrix trilogy.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Skimming through this thread really takes me back, but it reminds me of a fact of life that almost brings a tear to my eye.

It is the realization that I am no longer young enough to know everything.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
agreed. i hate to say it, but regardless of how many people answer your questions -you are not going to discover anything. sure, you can theorize that dreams are portals to alternate dimensions, but you cant prove it. and like said above ^ these ideas are age old. i am not saying they're completely bunk, but face it we are not meant to understand the occult. maybe after death we will but the paranormal has puzzled man since the beginning of time, and an internet thread is not going to make us one step closer. i do, however, think it good to theorize and ponder the possiblities -and entertaining! but dont drink the magic cool aid just yet.

well to throw it out there: i love my dreams.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost
i do, however, think it good to theorize and ponder the possiblities -and entertaining! but dont drink the magic cool aid just yet.

thanks for the warning! that was close...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I understand .... So these Boards are not to discuss the things that have been discussed over and over throughout time. They are to discuss what people have not figured out yet or maybe even pondered on???? Maybe so ... I am not sure anyways ... I wasn't wanting to debate on the fact whether .... When you are dreaming is it real or not or whatever I WANT TO REALLY talk more on the subject of when YOU are dreaming ... What happens when you are dreaming. I GUESS FROM NOW ON I WILL KEEP MY EXPLANATIONS TO MYSELF. B/c I will never be able to prove anything ... Unless I can somehow figure out exactly waht makes us dream and what makes us able to control it. Then I will be able to right ... So This THREAD IS GOGIN TO END HERE I HAVE NOT EVER HAD A POINTLESS THREAD UNTILL THIS ONE ... Even ones with UnconciousEntity usually go somewhere this one was just beat down untill I am tired of even asking questions.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I understand .... So these Boards are not to discuss the things that have been discussed over and over throughout time. They are to discuss what people have not figured out yet or maybe even pondered on???? Maybe so ... I am not sure anyways ... I wasn't wanting to debate on the fact whether .... When you are dreaming is it real or not or whatever I WANT TO REALLY talk more on the subject of when YOU are dreaming ... What happens when you are dreaming. I GUESS FROM NOW ON I WILL KEEP MY EXPLANATIONS TO MYSELF. B/c I will never be able to prove anything ... Unless I can somehow figure out exactly waht makes us dream and what makes us able to control it. Then I will be able to right ... So This THREAD IS GOGIN TO END HERE I HAVE NOT EVER HAD A POINTLESS THREAD UNTILL THIS ONE ... Even ones with UnconciousEntity usually go somewhere this one was just beat down untill I am tired of even asking questions.

Dreaming is just your brain entering a certain mode while it's replenishing itself, even my little brother already figured that one out. The reason your posts don't really go anywhere after I post in them is because you can't handle my end of the table, so you always have to call it quits. You're weak, you're dead.... stop trying to hold a grudge that isn't there. Peace.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Dreaming is just your brain entering a certain mode while it's replenishing itself, even my little brother already figured that one out. The reason your posts don't really go anywhere after I post in them is because you can't handle my end of the table, so you always have to call it quits. You're weak, you're dead.... stop trying to hold a grudge that isn't there. Peace.

Hold a grudge that isn't there? What are you talking about, hold on let me tell you what you are talking about .... something your little brother can understand. LoL I am talking about something you have no grasp of obviously. It doesn't have anything to do with your brother and your relationship. It doesn't have to be about anything except the fact that when you go to sleep to you, you go to a "Certain Mode" .... LoL ... And this "Certain Mode" even your brother can understand. That is like saying I know the english. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N P Q R S T U V W X Y Z lol ... There ya go I know english, Just because I know the alphabet. Or here here is a better example I know Spanish b/c I know A B CH C ... LoL ... �Como Estas? Es Muy BIEN aqui lol .. anyways ... Umm ... sorry I am trying to lighten up this thread for all of you guys who are like why is this guy keep bashing this other guy when the other guy is just trying to express what he feels may/could/is going on in the world. Or maybe what is not going on in the world lol ... But you don't have to say ... Hey man when you go to sleep you don't go off into another world you go into this "Certain Mode" LoL ... that my little brother even knows about. And I know you aren't going to type anymore because every time I say something ... you can't handle my end of the table ... lol .. That kinda tells me alot about yourself .... when you see a table you see a long rectangle table is this b/c you were put aside when you were little ? You were always by yourself ? You see yourself alone in the world. B/c most people when thinking abotu a table think Round or Square equal parts of a table .. Square meaning .. well if you don't know what it means then you don't get the test anyway ... Deuce ... Please reply Unconcious with some witty comment about your brother or how I do not know what I am talking about and everythign that I say has nothing to do with anything. Or maybe how I should not post anymore b/c you cannot understand it.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I just counted and you have 8 posts that are saying nothing other than ... "Bet555, you cannot post or .... Bet555, you do not even know what you are talking about ... or Bet555, you this ... and you are wrong and this is right."

Just kinda funny you are always on me and not on the subject. I would much rather you get on me then the subject. Almost like in school when you would have someone in the group that you would put as the speaker and that is all they had to do is speak the project that you put together. Take a guess why I put him as the speaker in my group ? Because he couldn't do anything else right @!@ And for sure couldn't think.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Hold a grudge that isn't there? What are you talking about, hold on let me tell you what you are talking about .... something your little brother can understand. LoL I am talking about something you have no grasp of obviously. It doesn't have anything to do with your brother and your relationship. It doesn't have to be about anything except the fact that when you go to sleep to you, you go to a "Certain Mode" .... LoL ... And this "Certain Mode" even your brother can understand. That is like saying I know the english. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N P Q R S T U V W X Y Z lol ... There ya go I know english, Just because I know the alphabet. Or here here is a better example I know Spanish b/c I know A B CH C ... LoL ... �Como Estas? Es Muy BIEN aqui lol .. anyways ... Umm ... sorry I am trying to lighten up this thread for all of you guys who are like why is this guy keep bashing this other guy when the other guy is just trying to express what he feels may/could/is going on in the world. Or maybe what is not going on in the world lol ... But you don't have to say ... Hey man when you go to sleep you don't go off into another world you go into this "Certain Mode" LoL ... that my little brother even knows about. And I know you aren't going to type anymore because every time I say something ... you can't handle my end of the table ... lol .. That kinda tells me alot about yourself .... when you see a table you see a long rectangle table is this b/c you were put aside when you were little ? You were always by yourself ? You see yourself alone in the world. B/c most people when thinking abotu a table think Round or Square equal parts of a table .. Square meaning .. well if you don't know what it means then you don't get the test anyway ... Deuce ... Please reply Unconcious with some witty comment about your brother or how I do not know what I am talking about and everythign that I say has nothing to do with anything. Or maybe how I should not post anymore b/c you cannot understand it.

I knew I should've gone into greater detail for someone like you. Well let me make it easier for you to understand. You don't go anywhere when you sleep, there is nothing phenomonal about a human being dreaming when he is asleep. You sleep because your body needs to rejuvenate. However, when you sleep, your thoughts are still active. That is what a dream is: a collective sequence of unrestricted thoughts. When your thoughts are unrestricted, there are no boundaries, therefore scientific properties are allowed to be broken when you are dreaming. The reason why your dream-state feels so real is because your brain uses sensory information in conjunction to your abstract thoughts, thus enhancing the experience to a tangible level.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by UnconsciousEntity]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
geez people.

bet555, take a deep breath. neither you, I, nor unconcious-entity can proove our beliefs about dreaming. let me share with you why I think dreaming on most occasions is just a rejuvination from daily life:

when i spend all day doing something repetitious, (lets say raking leaves) -i fall asleep and somewhere in my dream i end up raking leaves. or when there is something bothering me, it usually presents itself in my dream. i think dreams just regurgitate whats on your mind - sometimes in more abstract ways than others. i believe there are rare occasions when one might tap into some pool of knowlege located outside our own minds. notice the word 'might' -now of course i cannot prove any of this.

bet555, i guess i am confused as to why you started this thread... is this just a "everyone share their dreams!" thread, or are you actually trying to make a point. unconcious and myself both agree that if you are trying to make a point, your efforts are futile. we're just giving you a heads up.

rectangular tables?! -you lost me.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Bet555 just needs to stop trying to fight it. Admit that you're not rational enough to alter our perception of the truth.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I knew I should've gone into greater detail for someone like you.

Sorry someone like me, cannot understand someone like you when you say you need to go further into detail. Detail on what ?? What your brother can understand?

Well let me make it easier for you to understand. You don't go anywhere when you sleep, there is nothing phenomonal about a human being dreaming when he is asleep.
There is nothing phenomenal about a Human Being sleeping??? That is your first mistake it is very phenomenal. You don't even know what exactly happens. Yet, this is not phenomenal to you. I guess I am the only one intrigued by what they do not know. B/c obviously you do not know what you are talking about or if you do you are not doing a good job of describing it. Matter of fact only thing throughout this whole thread that you have described is me not knowing what I am talking about. Kinda funny when I am the only one talking about anything other than the other person. But anyhow .. Let me break down what his posts are mostly about ... Let's go on ...

You sleep because your body needs to rejuvenate.

Not the brightest thing I have ever heard .... but maybe I am not looking deep enoguh into this statement !!! Hold on yes I am. It is just a shallow statement.

However, when you sleep, your thoughts are still active.

Do you really want me to ask why are you stating stuff like ... SO INSTEAD OF BET555'S theory I THINK YOUR THOUGHTS ARE STILL ACTIVER IN YOUR SLEEP !!!

That is what a dream is: a collective sequence of unrestricted thoughts. When your thoughts are unrestricted, there are no boundaries, therefore scientific properties are allowed to be broken when you are dreaming.

So now atleast we have what a dream is ... it is thinking in your sleep. Right ??? or hold on wait it is ... unrestricted thoughts that have no boudaries ... Not sure why your thoughts have boundaries on them. B/c my mind never has boundaries. But maybe you have limitations on your thoughts why you are awake this would make sense as to why you cannot comprehend. Words that I type b/c you are unable to think sometimes. "When your thoughts are unrestricted, there are no boundaries ..." Am I reading that right ... almost sounds like someone is trying to just use big words to say simple stuff ... Hmm let me say that one more time .. "When your thoughts are unrestricted, there are no boundaries, therefore scientific properties are allowed to be broken when you are dreaming." Hmmm ... Scientific Properties are allowed to be broken ?? Are you trying to say your mind takes over ?? LoL ... Just checking b/c you know with me you have to keep it on such a simple level. I am pretty sure Scientific Properties are not broken when I am sleeping because I am in my sleep. But what is broken???? NOT ANYTHING PHYSICAL ... At least when I go to sleep and wake up I am not floating or anything. Although there was this one time when I was little I swear something was lifting me outt the bed between my mother and father ... the only thing I think kept me there was my dad yelling at me to quit pulling the sheets ... how could I?? I was in the middle @!@

The reason why your dream-state feels so real is because your brain uses sensory information in conjunction to your abstract thoughts, thus enhancing the experience to a tangible level.

And I am not even going to go here .. my sensory information is used in CONJUCTION LoL ... with my abstract thoughts ... My dreams are not abstract but are abstract .. to me while I am in them are for real but when I come out ... They are abstract or dreamed up if you will. But some people wake up in a sweat, or with brusing or other symptoms from there dream. How ABSTRACT is somethign real ? Just wondering ...

[edit on 11/3/2004 by bet555]

Why does someone Say "When your thoughts are unrestricted, there are no boudaries ????" Like me saying when cheese goes bad, it taste bad. lol ... hahahahahahhaha

[edit on 11/3/2004 by bet555]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I just counted and you have 8 posts that are saying nothing other than ... "Bet555, you cannot post or .... Bet555, you do not even know what you are talking about ... or Bet555, you this ... and you are wrong and this is right."

Just kinda funny you are always on me and not on the subject. I would much rather you get on me then the subject. Almost like in school when you would have someone in the group that you would put as the speaker and that is all they had to do is speak the project that you put together. Take a guess why I put him as the speaker in my group ? Because he couldn't do anything else right @!@ And for sure couldn't think.

That is 9 posts now that have nothing to do with anything other than you trying to put me to admit something .. ???

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I knew I should've gone into greater detail for someone like you.

Sorry someone like me, cannot understand someone like you when you say you need to go further into detail. Detail on what ?? What your brother can understand?

Well let me make it easier for you to understand. You don't go anywhere when you sleep, there is nothing phenomonal about a human being dreaming when he is asleep.

There is nothing phenomenal about a Human Being sleeping??? That is your first mistake it is very phenomenal. You don't even know what exactly happens. Yet, this is not phenomenal to you. I guess I am the only one intrigued by what they do not know. B/c obviously you do not know what you are talking about or if you do you are not doing a good job of describing it. Matter of fact only thing throughout this whole thread that you have described is me not knowing what I am talking about. Kinda funny when I am the only one talking about anything other than the other person. But anyhow .. Let me break down what his posts are mostly about ... Let's go on ...

Do I have to spoon feed and explain to you every single detail on what each of my words mean? Nothing is ever clear to you. Yes, I find that everything in life is quite intriguing, from the grass growing in the dirt to the formless state of liquid, but a human being dreaming while he's asleep is not anymore phenomonal than a human being thinking when he's awake. I mean you can take just about anything in life and dissect it by questioning it's whys, whens, wheres, whats and hows.... but there's no point when they've already been answered. If you're looking to find out about dreaming, then you're going about it the wrong way. You don't come up with your own theories, that's like theorizing about why water is the way it is, or why we need oxygen to survive, they have already been explained. But of course I can't blame you for not knowing that, because as you've said, you haven't even read a single book in your entire life.

You sleep because your body needs to rejuvenate.

Not the brightest thing I have ever heard .... but maybe I am not looking deep enoguh into this statement !!! Hold on yes I am. It is just a shallow statement.

However, when you sleep, your thoughts are still active.

Do you really want me to ask why are you stating stuff like ... SO INSTEAD OF BET555'S theory I THINK YOUR THOUGHTS ARE STILL ACTIVER IN YOUR SLEEP !!!

That's not the explanation in its entirety, it's just one statement in a series of points so it's easier for you to comprehend.

That is what a dream is: a collective sequence of unrestricted thoughts. When your thoughts are unrestricted, there are no boundaries, therefore scientific properties are allowed to be broken when you are dreaming.

So now atleast we have what a dream is ... it is thinking in your sleep. Right ??? or hold on wait it is ... unrestricted thoughts that have no boudaries ... Not sure why your thoughts have boundaries on them. B/c my mind never has boundaries. But maybe you have limitations on your thoughts why you are awake this would make sense as to why you cannot comprehend. Words that I type b/c you are unable to think sometimes. "When your thoughts are unrestricted, there are no boundaries ..." Am I reading that right ... almost sounds like someone is trying to just use big words to say simple stuff ... Hmm let me say that one more time .. "When your thoughts are unrestricted, there are no boundaries, therefore scientific properties are allowed to be broken when you are dreaming." Hmmm ... Scientific Properties are allowed to be broken ?? Are you trying to say your mind takes over ?? LoL ... Just checking b/c you know with me you have to keep it on such a simple level. I am pretty sure Scientific Properties are not broken when I am sleeping because I am in my sleep. But what is broken???? NOT ANYTHING PHYSICAL ... At least when I go to sleep and wake up I am not floating or anything. Although there was this one time when I was little I swear something was lifting me outt the bed between my mother and father ... the only thing I think kept me there was my dad yelling at me to quit pulling the sheets ... how could I?? I was in the middle @!@

When you're awake, things must make sense for it to be believable because your mind is currently running a program for processing logic and reason. My theory is that those programs shut down when you are asleep, and those properties can be broken, hence why your imagination runs wild. When you're awake, you sub-consciously obey the laws of physics, because those laws have been refined and embedded permanently in you brain from experience. You understand that those laws exist outside of you. When you're walking, you sub-consciously walk AROUND objects in order to not collide with them, that requires the programs in your brain that process logic and reasoning. You're not aware that your brain must process these things, but they do. Thus, when you're awake, you have boundaries and a set of laws for thinking.

The reason why your dream-state feels so real is because your brain uses sensory information in conjunction to your abstract thoughts, thus enhancing the experience to a tangible level.

And I am not even going to go here .. my sensory information is used in CONJUCTION LoL ... with my abstract thoughts ... My dreams are not abstract but are abstract .. to me while I am in them are for real but when I come out ... They are abstract or dreamed up if you will. But some people wake up in a sweat, or with brusing or other symptoms from there dream. How ABSTRACT is somethign real ? Just wondering ...

Why does someone Say "When your thoughts are unrestricted, there are no boudaries ????" Like me saying when cheese goes bad, it taste bad. lol ... hahahahahahhaha

What I mean by abstract is thoughts. When you are thinking abstract thoughts, they are not real, but when you integrate sensory information and take away logical reasoning, they become real in your mind.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If your going to try an experiment on how people react with no sleep after so many days give up it's already been done Google it in one case I heard of after 5 days they started to see dragons and things floating around the room crazy stuff.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   

It doesn't have to be about anything except the fact that when you go to sleep to you, you go to a "Certain Mode" .... LoL ... And this "Certain Mode" even your brother can understand. That is like saying I know the english. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N P Q R S T U V W X Y Z lol ... There ya go I know english, Just because I know the alphabet. Or here here is a better example I know Spanish b/c I know A B CH C ... LoL ... �Como Estas?

umm you missed a letter there in your vast knowledege of the alphabet,

...its O...

...M... N...O...P...

but just messin' i dont really care that much, just thought it was funny

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join