It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are involved in this whether you like it or not !!!! Questions not answered here.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There are people that have nothing eles to do other in thier day I was just wondering if it is that bad.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yes, to All of the Above.

In my dreams, I'm an Observer, and my most common activity in my dreams is that I'm asking a question and trying to find the answer.

What makes dreams interesting is the people with whom I am associating while dreaming. I sometimes don't even >see< the people I'm with; but I know who they are, anyway.

Yes I think, while I sleep my body is here; but the rest of me is SomePlaceElse. I believe this because my dreams are always somehow related to what I do during the day, as if a part of me needs to keep working and working and working on my questions.

My children are often in my dreams, although they all live 1500 miles or more away from me. Maybe that's how I keep in touch with them when we're not emailing each other or talking on the phone.

I have a feeling, this Reality is much much larger and more inclusive than my senses can sense. But, we knew that all along, didn't we? That's why I think people are so silly who deny the existence of God. They are the very ones who don't realize their own limited and bounded knowledge.

"Truth is a shattered mirror strewn, each sherd believing itself the whole."

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
There are people that have nothing eles to do other in thier day I was just wondering if it is that bad.

What happened? You got nothing more to say? I don't come here to judge people's lives, I come here to argue some good arguments.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg

In my dreams, I'm an Observer, and my most common activity in my dreams is that I'm asking a question and trying to find the answer.

What makes dreams interesting is the people with whom I am associating while dreaming. I sometimes don't even >see< the people I'm with; but I know who they are, anyway.

Yes I think, while I sleep my body is here; but the rest of me is SomePlaceElse. I believe this because my dreams are always somehow related to what I do during the day, as if a part of me needs to keep working and working and working on my questions.

My children are often in my dreams, although they all live 1500 miles or more away from me. Maybe that's how I keep in touch with them when we're not emailing each other or talking on the phone.

I have a feeling, this Reality is much much larger and more inclusive than my senses can sense. But, we knew that all along, didn't we? That's why I think people are so silly who deny the existence of God. They are the very ones who don't realize their own limited and bounded knowledge.

That is amazing and I think that you are on to the same concept as me. It is amazing you have the same thoughts as I have had. THE EXACT SAME thoughts .. I have found the answer to some of them .... But for the Better part of them it is just open for interpretation. I am not sure if dreams are the same for everyone. In doing the same thing, that is I think that some people are not able to get what some others get out of dreams ... But this may be totally wrong.

You are definately n to something tho. And the closer you get to it the harder it is going to get to find out anything truthful. B/c the closer you get to reality the closer you get to everyone elses perception of DREAMLAND !!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg

That is amazing and I think that you are on to the same concept as me. It is amazing you have the same thoughts as I have had. THE EXACT SAME thoughts .. I have found the answer to some of them .... But for the Better part of them it is just open for interpretation. I am not sure if dreams are the same for everyone. In doing the same thing, that is I think that some people are not able to get what some others get out of dreams ... But this may be totally wrong.

You are definately n to something tho. And the closer you get to it the harder it is going to get to find out anything truthful. B/c the closer you get to reality the closer you get to everyone elses perception of DREAMLAND !!

Actually, you just seem to drift farther and farther away from reality. It's funny how everything you say always contradicts the way things really are.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Uh, not to be negative or to put anybody down, but bet555 you sound a little... dilusional. Honestly, reality is not a dream world, maybe you are depressed and are seeking escape from your life? Use common sense here, your friends were seeing things because their brains didn't get the rest they need to handle life. Thinking they were suddenly gained some extra sight because they weren't sleeping is rediculous.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Careful Prophet, don't be so blunt, you might strike one of his little nerves.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostProphet
Uh, not to be negative or to put anybody down, but bet555 you sound a little... dilusional. Honestly, reality is not a dream world, maybe you are depressed and are seeking escape from your life? Use common sense here, your friends were seeing things because their brains didn't get the rest they need to handle life. Thinking they were suddenly gained some extra sight because they weren't sleeping is rediculous.

This is precisely right ... They didn't get enough rest to go on with life. What is it that is so IMPORTANT to our bodies when we go to sleep ? Is it just actually are body laying there in the bed ?? No I don't think so otherwise we wouldn't go to sleep. So resting has nothing to do with it right ... Right .. so you agree with this .. here is where you guys run into the problem. Why do we go to sleep ??? We just all agreed it is not to REST b/c your body does that by sitting laying closing your eyes. So is it our hearing ?? NO matter what you can't turn your hearing on and off you can turn your sight touch and all else off but not your hearing. So does this mean that sleeping is the only time you don't hear what your ears are hearing ? Or do you really hear what you are hearing in another place ? ***HIghly doubtful...Althought I know when I go to sleep I HEAR something else that I am not around. But I hear it. My brain, the part that breaks down little noises to make them make sense in my head, HEARS SOMETHIGN THAT IS NOT IN MY ROOM WHILE MY BODY IS IN MY ROOM. Or is my body in my room I don't remember anything. So I could not verify for you where I was or could I ? When I wake up from a dream that is Lucid and I have been controlling my thoughts. I CAN TELL YOU WHERE I JUST CAME FROM. But, if I were to tell you guys this what would you say ... You haven't been there ... Blah Blah Blah ... You guys are closed minded ... FORGET WHAT YOU KNOW ... YOU HAVE TO FORGET WHAT YOU KNOW TO LEARN WHAT YOU HAVE NO CLUE OF !!!! It is like saying if you go over to that edge of the water walk out far enough you will fall off of the world. Guess what if columbus wouldn't have just said forget you guys if this is all there is to this world I don't wanna live in it. "I wanna find out ...why..."
I wonder how many times in this earth's history have people been thinking that very thought and it has paid off ??? Oh well ... No problem ... I may be crazy, but the only thing that I would say i was crazy ... for is because ... I like taking all my friends ... Rohypynol ... and stuff hehe Xanax .. B/c I sleep so good I do not dream AT ALL !!! PEACE

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostProphet
Uh, not to be negative or to put anybody down, but bet555 you sound a little... dilusional.

I am not offended frist of all, =-) .. you are just trying to understand what I am saying. The reason you are asking these questions are to get more in depth to what I am trying to say.

Honestly, reality is not a dream world, maybe you are depressed and are seeking escape from your life?
I am an insurance agent ... and I make pretty good money me and my g/f are getting marries next christmas. Every once in a while I take a coupel of Xanax ... Like maybe a couple of times a month. AT most .. Just because they give them to me .. and I like sleeping really good.But I do not think that I am seeking escape from my life ... It is kinda good I actually hope to live a long life. But My whole family is 350 lbs +++ so that will most liekly be a dream. but other than that I am fine. =-) ..

Use common sense here, your friends were seeing things because their brains didn't get the rest they need to handle life.

Why does the brain need ACTUAL sleep ?? What goes on during this process that you do not remember in the night ??? You might sit and watch someone sleeping and how they move. But do you actually know what is going on ?? Do you know what is going on to yourself in your sleep ?? How are you going to tell someone ele what is going on ? Did someone tell you or you read it some where ?? How did they know did they remember exactly what was goign on in thier sleep. WHY DID THEY NEED SLEEP AND WHY DOES JUST SITTING AND CLOSING YOUR EYES NOT DO THE SAME THING? Is it something more mental then PHYSICAL ?

Can you mimic sleep to a professional ?? Why not or why ?Does your heart rate change when you sleep ? Does your heart rate change when you meditate ? Does this have any connection ... Just coincidance that you humm or whatever and close your eyes and concentrate almost as if you were trying to get sleep without sleeping, DOES THIS WORK ???

Thinking they were suddenly gained some extra sight because they weren't sleeping is rediculous.
Why is this ridiculous ? What happend to people when they do not get sleep? They get tired !!! .. Why ... ??? B/c they have not had rest ... What is rest ? When they close their eyes and sleep can I cloe my eyes and lay still some where a whole day ???? Will I be energized after this ?? Even if it were the ideal setting ?/?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnconsciousEntity
Careful Prophet, don't be so blunt, you might strike one of his little nerves.

And this is the 10 post .. PEOPE we are in doublke digits ... LoL ... These posts are all something along the lines of ... ... BLAH BLAH BLAH ... I want to be the cool one in the chat ... LoL ... You are so cool Unconcious .. And you knwo what is funny .... You can tell that some people are differnet ... never mind .... Just stay on subject everyone .. COME ON We are going to get some where .. you guys are actually helping me think more about this with your dumb answers that are creating questions and answers .. IN my head .. so peace ..

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
i can control my dreams when i am in an incredible deep sleep... but one thing i have noticed i always have fighting dreams and if someone is about to be killed why do they wake up? i mean once u think about it your body cannot physically handle the image of U dying... which means u would go into shock i think what u think???

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by XpertX
i can control my dreams when i am in an incredible deep sleep... but one thing i have noticed i always have fighting dreams and if someone is about to be killed why do they wake up? i mean once u think about it your body cannot physically handle the image of U dying... which means u would go into shock i think what u think???

Nah, alot of people have actually asked me that questiion. And my answer is if you are ok with dying in your dream it will be ok. I think ... one time I was in my dream and I was face down in a pool of water this was the beggining of me being able to control my dreams. I was laying face down in a creek bed, and there was this blimp that millions of people were piling out of to take over the U.S. Yeah I knwo crazy dream ... but anyways ... This person walked by me and he turned around and shot me .. this is the first time that I ever had been killed all I saw was red then ... I was outside my body looking back at myself and for the first time i was looking at myself from away from myself ... All my dreams ever since then have been in third person .Anyone have any incite on this ??? I would appreciate I do not like sharing these things with everyone .. you see how much crap I get about what I do post. I don't want to have to explain somethign I made the whole thread about .

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sleeping and laying down while closing your eyes is different. When you're laying down, you senses are still working at full capacity. You respond to the slightest change in temperature, sound, etc. You sound like a retard asking all these stupid questions when you can just do your own research on how exactly the brain works and why sleeping is neccesary for the human body to function... it's not a mystery idiot.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnconsciousEntity
Sleeping and laying down while closing your eyes is different.

Sleeping and laying down while closing your eyes is different. Duh, sherlock ... why is it different what exactly happens in that instant before you go to sleep?? Do you know .. ???

When you're laying down, your senses are still working at full capacity. You respond to the slightest change in temperature, sound, etc.

You do ?? My body doesn't respond ... if the room gets alittle colder it doesn't effect me at all. If it is noisy I don't have to cover my ears to go to sleep. What is that moment that turns them off ??? Can you turn your hearing off ?? Some people sleep with thier eyes open. But they do not see .. Can they do this when they are not sleeping ?

You sound like a retard asking all these stupid questions when you can just do your own research on how exactly the brain works and why sleeping is neccesary for the human body to function... it's not a mystery idiot.

HAHAHA ... I am not even going to try and explain that last post. For some reason you are bull headed Unconcious ... but that is good tho once you believe in something and open your mind up to see it ... you BELIEVE IT !!! That is good .. Just open up your eyes ...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Sleeping and laying down while closing your eyes is different. Duh, sherlock ... why is it different what exactly happens in that instant before you go to sleep?? Do you know .. ???

You just said there was NO difference retard, make up your mind.

You do ?? My body doesn't respond ... if the room gets alittle colder it doesn't effect me at all. If it is noisy I don't have to cover my ears to go to sleep. What is that moment that turns them off ??? Can you turn your hearing off ?? Some people sleep with thier eyes open. But they do not see .. Can they do this when they are not sleeping ?

You don't understand the point. When you're just laying down and closing your eyes, your mind is still aware of your body's surroundings, thus utilizing brain power, your brain shuts them off when you go to sleep so it can rejuvenate. That is the difference, if you find that hard to understand, then you don't belong here.

HAHAHA ... I am not even going to try and explain that last post. For some reason you are bull headed Unconcious ... but that is good tho once you believe in something and open your mind up to see it ... you BELIEVE IT !!! That is good .. Just open up your eyes ...

Believe in what? Dreaming? Wow, you just get dumber by the post. How can I believe in something that I do every night?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You know, I honestly do think that there is more to dreaming than scientists and experts say. They say that dreaming is the sub-concious mind trying to tell you something or thoughts that are deep in your mind, whether insignificant or not. However, I honestly do think that there is more to it. I say this because in my dreams, I usually dream something before it happens. Let me tell you this, these things are insignificant, no doubt. However, I do dream about them, and then later on, a week later or a day or whatever, it happens. I get this deja vu feeling.

That's a question I would like to ask these scientists and so called experts, why does this happen? Is there a scientific explanation to this? Maybe when we dream, we intersect with another dimension, or we're in another dimension. But I know for a fact there is more to it. That's just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dtalex2k4
You know, I honestly do think that there is more to dreaming than scientists and experts say. They say that dreaming is the sub-concious mind trying to tell you something or thoughts that are deep in your mind, whether insignificant or not. However, I honestly do think that there is more to it. I say this because in my dreams, I usually dream something before it happens. Let me tell you this, these things are insignificant, no doubt. However, I do dream about them, and then later on, a week later or a day or whatever, it happens. I get this deja vu feeling.

That's a question I would like to ask these scientists and so called experts, why does this happen? Is there a scientific explanation to this? Maybe when we dream, we intersect with another dimension, or we're in another dimension. But I know for a fact there is more to it. That's just my two cents.

Your two cents in this thread one day will be remembered by those who read it when we really do figure out exactly what the heck goes on up there in our heads. And without your head or your mind would you Wake up anyways. Almost as if the Matrix ... theory .. was right in that aspect. Really your boyd would not live without your soul. Peace

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well said.

My dreams convince me that what I can sense with my six senses is only a tiny part of the whole.

In my dreams, I'm all over the place. I'm out on the town going from restaurant-to-restaurant in Russia. I'm getting on an ocean liner; I'm inspecting apartments in a hotel in New York. I'm waiting for my children to get onboard a space-liner headed for Wherever [wearing a black suit with short skirt and a vibrant blue velvet pillbox hat with a long black feather].

Where was I last night? All I remember is, I was very busy.

There's more to Life than meets the physical eye. That's for sure.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
i dont know about everybody else, but my dreams feed on my awakened reality. i believe dreams for the most part are just something for your subconcious to think about while your body rests. generally, they don't mean anything. if they were portals to another dimension, then those alternate dimensions contain the same friends, persons and activities that my awakened body experience in this 'dimension.' -i do like the idea of avoiding sleep, just to see what the delerium is like, but currently, i have a job and no stretch of time where i can experiment like that.

i knew a man who worked with a thereputic organization, where he helped people cope with their difficult childhoods and other dramatics. the organization had an on and off schedule. intense therepy for a week, and then a week off afterwhich he would return to completley new 'trauma victims.' -not much of this matters, and i cannot vouch for the quality of the therepy, but i do remember him telling me they were generally understaffed, and he literally was working 24/7 for the whole week straight. when the 'term' did actually conclude, he said he was so delerious that he couldnt unbutton his shirt to get undressed. his hands wouldnt function properly. he made it to his bed and just collapsed. he did not, however, ever mention hallucinations. he said as the days passed without sleep, he became less and less focused, even forgetting what his agenda was. for example, he might be on an errand to get something from the kitchen, and after only a few steps completely forget where he was going.

well, ive typed a lot and said little. except on rare occasions, i do not believe dreams open our minds to alternate realities. likewise, i do not believe the lack of sleep opens our minds to a reality we cannot otherwise see. however, the human mind is the final frontier; who really knows?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is amazing .. Finally people are replying to my thread with information that I wanted ... THANKS THANK YOU GUYS SO SO SO MUCH .... I was almost starting to not even care about finding information out for anyone else it was almost coming an exclusive thing I only wanted to find out for myself .... Thanks .. =-) ..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join