It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World View: China prepares the People's Liberation Army for war.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot
reply to post by yuppa

In WW2 the US helped China fend off the Japanese. During the Korean War the US pushed Korea back to the Chinese border where Chinese troops then crossed over and pushed the US back to the 38th parallel where a stalemate ensued.

During the Korean War General MacArthur, I believe, was actually a proponent of invading mainland China. The notion was dismissed as nuts from my understanding.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

Ahhhh ok. Thanks for the clarification. Macarthur wanted to do what Patton wanted to do to russia then. Patton wanted to attack the Russians too. That might have been bad,another 2 front war.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
China is simply flexing its new muscle growth.

Someone has to emerge as the global supreme power after the fall of the USA.

When the USA's ability to sustain a large military presence globally is impacted, China will test that weakness, and exploit it when and where possible. They aren't going to war against the USA, now or ever. The USA is already defeated. Just waiting for the inevitable complete shift in power to China.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

I'm not surprised to see China investing heavily in green energy. I think they're going to have some tough times ahead before any significant dent is made into their use of traditional energy, but time will tell. The overpopulation issue is probably their biggest hurdle though. Not enough food to feed too many people living in increasingly cramped conditions is a mixture for disaster in my opinion.

reply to post by yuppa

I was unaware of Patton's desire to invade Russia, I suppose military leaders sometimes get a little overzealous and bull headed eh?

reply to post by ausername

Really I think all of the super powers are already defeated. The US is currently collapsing under it's own weight and although China looks good today I think they're likely not far behind. Europe's falling apart at the seams, but they haven't stuck together well since the fall of Rome. Russia already fell apart and I don't see them weathering the economic storm of a one two US China collapse well.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

You are sooooooo right!!!

and as a Hongcouverite I validate part of your claim.

I am in a war with China already! The price of housing here in what was Vancouver has risen to levels that can only be afforded by wealthy families from mainland China. In the crappiest part of Vancouver, an inhabitable home on a basic 60ft lot will run you just shy of 1 Million!!!

Most real estate agents here are Chinese. More than often any house that goes on the market here gets posted in China first before it is listed here.

Most bank positions here are filled with Chinese. Our city councilors are becoming majority Chinese. I think Richmond B.C just over the Fraser river from Vancouver is probably 70% Chinese (or so it appears) Some malls were forced to put English writing on their business signs as it was too clear that they only wanted Chinese business.

My wife is Chinese
She is shaking her head mean muggin me as i write this

Our Director of CSIS came out a couple years ago to disclose that numerous cabinet positions have been compromised by Chinese Canadians that are still reporting back to China. Prime Minister Harper asked for CSIS directors resignation for doing his job.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

Personally I don't think Chinese immegration has anything to do with world domination. I think the Chinese are fleeing their homeland because of their governments inability to create an environment worth living in.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot

Personally I don't think Chinese immegration has anything to do with world domination. I think the Chinese are fleeing their homeland because of their governments inability to create an environment worth living in.

I would agree, if for no other reason than that is what i would do; however.... I know a lot of Chinese here mostly from my in-laws and what i have noticed about those that came here for a better life is that they don't like it here. They want to live like the Chinese have for thousands of years. My in-laws have been here for 40 years and have no intention of speaking English. They only eat food imported from China, they only watch t.v broadcasted from China. They only shop in Chinese stores, they only eat in Chinese restaurants and only talk to Chinese people.

I understand that most of that can be chalked up to living the way they were raised and it's too late to change their way of life, but at least they let their kids live like a Canadian... oh wait no, no they don't. In fact I have had a couple of fights with them trying to tell me that they as grandparents should be raising my son and they do everything they can to teach him that he is Chinese. WHICH HE IS NOT. Like his mother, he is Canadian, and these people can not seem to sink that through their heads. Yes i said earlier my wife was Chinese by that was just for sake of humor i don't actually believe that. Or i would be Lebanese, German, English, which I don't consider myself. I AM CANADIAN!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Not to be off topic, but people are talking about the inevitable collapse of America. They really mean the American economy. Militarily I see no evidence of any decline. Now back to the economy. The world economy is so interconnected that if one of the big world economies fail then they are all going down. Look at the Great Depression. The markets in Europe were in the tank well before anything happened in America. Economists knew though that what happened in Europe was coming to America, and it did.

Now China's economy is so dependent on the U.S. that they can't have America fail. That would just ruin their own economy- then where would they get their money for their grand 200,000,000 man army and new technology?

Personally, I think Europe is going to be the one to fall first. They started one depression and I can totally see it happening again. Although I think it's funny how quite a few Europeans like the idea of the American markets failing, the reality is that it's probably going to be their own flawed system that brings down the rest of the world.

Sorry to go off topic, but I said all that to say that there isn't any war coming. There is too much money at stake. But to all the people in this thread just rooting for the failure of the American economy, I have one thing to say- ". . . first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Im ok with the US defending Japan....I may even reenlist if this war happens....its probably going to happen eventually...so why not get it over with. Let them attack Japan...have WW3 ....boosting economy and creating jobs and putting China in its place. China has been doing some lousy stuff unchecked since I was in grade school...through business practices, human rights violations...(not that the US is perfect)...but I just don't feel like putting up with China's #...lets put em in their place and at least give their people full access to the internetz!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

I support your comment totally with the difference between economy and military...10 years ago I can't tell you how lame it was to train with soldiers from other countries...they were like conscripts...and although i never trained with Chinese soldiers...I honestly can't say anyone compared with the US' military. I don't think China is up to par...they may have some great units...with high tech...but it isnt' standard throughout like it is in the US military...Them going to war would be a huge mistake...and an open invitation for the US to expand its power in the far east....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The op quotes that America won't risk it's cities being destroyed by Chinese ballistic missiles,but, would China risk ALL of it's cities being destroyed by American and NATO forces! I think not. Stand up to the Chinese and they will go down like a bag of Sh1te!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Because now is not the time to jump; they are not ready and misfortune favors the hasty. They will move, if history is any guide, when the time is right. And if they are posturing, it's for other purposes, at the moment.

Alas...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer
reply to post by chrome413

I support your comment totally with the difference between economy and military...10 years ago I can't tell you how lame it was to train with soldiers from other countries...they were like conscripts...and although i never trained with Chinese soldiers...I honestly can't say anyone compared with the US' military. I don't think China is up to par...they may have some great units...with high tech...but it isnt' standard throughout like it is in the US military...Them going to war would be a huge mistake...and an open invitation for the US to expand its power in the far east....

whoa whoa whoa hold on there buddy, You better give a little shout out to Canada here. Its common knowledge here that pound for pound we have better basic training. US has better advanced training but the average grunt is better equip here in Canada. We might need to hitch a ride on your ships but once we get there we are the bomb.

If you don't believe us... come scrap with us!
Vancouver vs LA in the Stanley Cup this year, we can start there

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Well,yet another would be adversary who is underestimating both the response and the capabilities of the United States.Seriously, China believe that they can act as they please in South East Asia?,you don't pull the tiger's tail like this and walk away without a scratch.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Fools, How is the USA gonna go to war with China when they have to borrow money from China to go to war......

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Fools, How is the USA gonna go to war with China when they have to borrow money from China to go to war......

That will depend on how much allowance USA gets

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

I personally totally understand what you mean, but i fear economics especially in war time is stranger than fiction.

Once the war machine button is pushed to "full on" then gdp and national debt go right out the window. As long as you got enough food, oil and steel, you will have the ability to go to war against anyone for any amount of time.

US has tones of farm land, tones of untapped oil and all the steel they need. China would be stuck trying to use its devalued war yuan to buy oil, food and steel to keep going. If they go in without Russia, they go in without a hope.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

The Chinese are very involved in a 'low key' takeover of Africa and have been for a least a decade. They are building infrastructure and providing security where other countries don't. They are looking for mineral wealth - they alread have a corner on 'rare earth metals' so necessary to cutting edge batteries. There is really no reason for them to go to war with anybody - they can blockage any first world country at will and starve them out. As an earlier poster noted - the Chinese play a very long game. This is just a distraction to rattle the west.

Why is China constructing large, well-designed “ghost cities” that are completely devoid of people?

Now, the BBC reports a giant new Chinese-built city has been spotted in Africa in the outskirts of Angola’s capital Luanda.

The city, Nova Cidade de Kilamba, was designed to hold up to a half million people and features 750 eight-story apartment buildings, 12 schools and more than 100 retail units, according to the report.

State-owned China International Trust and Investment Corporation reportedly took less than three years to build the city at a cost of $3.5 billion. It covers 12,355 acres.

BBC former Angola correspondent Louise Redvers reported that they discovered that the city’s buildings are completely empty.

The empty cities aren’t only in Africa.

WND and Jerome Corsi’s Red Alert reported just last year that Google Earth photographs of China depict city after city of vast complexes consisting of office skyscrapers, government buildings, apartment buildings, residential towers and homes, all connected by networks of empty roads – with some of the cities located in China’s truly most inhospitable locations.

Google image of China's empty roads

Images of these “ghost cities” – after countless billions of dollars have been spent on the towns’ design and construction – reveal nobody lives in them.

Block after block of empty houses and apartment buildings, glamorous public buildings, magnificent public parks and sports complexes, even art museums, remain entirely empty.

more at: www.wnd.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

haha you know what...I almost wrote that Canada was pretty damn good...I will rephrase...the Canadian special forces...idk what they are called....we did some work with them...not me personally but some guys in our group...and they were completely impressed...thats amazing you brought up Canada cause I almost wrote about them....but since it was a Spec op group and I wasn't there I just assumed leave it out hahaha...my mistake mate!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
We've been "at war" for a decade after 9/11, but this is nothing like the previous wars the US has fought. WWII, Vietnam, Korea, etc...THOSE types of wars are what we are talking about with China, but with the destruction of WWII Europe seen in the USA as well as in China. I do not see how the losing side could resist using nukes at some point in a conflict like that.

The truth is that China is openly against democracy, so their goal is obvious...Domination. Similar to Imperial Japan before WWII. But China must remember that they are not going to just be fighting the US in an event like that. If the Vietnamese fight as hard as they did in the Vietnam war against the US, they could hold them off for a while. Granted however that they lost so many soldiers compared to the US, and they were close to capitulation when the US backed out, which was only because the president apparently had no clue what was really happening from a strategic point of view.

Anyway, if China does this, will they be backed by any large military nation like Russia? Would the US back down in the event that China attacked Japan or any other country? Ya know what though...IF they do that, this would be a PERFECT time for North Korea to invade South Korea, considering that China has enough people in their country to fight a war on multiple fronts effectively.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

The Chinese are very involved in a 'low key' takeover of Africa and have been for a least a decade. They are building infrastructure and providing security where other countries don't. They are looking for mineral wealth - they alread have a corner on 'rare earth metals' so necessary to cutting edge batteries. There is really no reason for them to go to war with anybody - they can blockage any first world country at will and starve them out. As an earlier poster noted - the Chinese play a very long game. This is just a distraction to rattle the west.

Why is China constructing large, well-designed “ghost cities” that are completely devoid of people?

Now, the BBC reports a giant new Chinese-built city has been spotted in Africa in the outskirts of Angola’s capital Luanda.

The city, Nova Cidade de Kilamba, was designed to hold up to a half million people and features 750 eight-story apartment buildings, 12 schools and more than 100 retail units, according to the report.

State-owned China International Trust and Investment Corporation reportedly took less than three years to build the city at a cost of $3.5 billion. It covers 12,355 acres.

BBC former Angola correspondent Louise Redvers reported that they discovered that the city’s buildings are completely empty.

The empty cities aren’t only in Africa.

WND and Jerome Corsi’s Red Alert reported just last year that Google Earth photographs of China depict city after city of vast complexes consisting of office skyscrapers, government buildings, apartment buildings, residential towers and homes, all connected by networks of empty roads – with some of the cities located in China’s truly most inhospitable locations.

Google image of China's empty roads

Images of these “ghost cities” – after countless billions of dollars have been spent on the towns’ design and construction – reveal nobody lives in them.

Block after block of empty houses and apartment buildings, glamorous public buildings, magnificent public parks and sports complexes, even art museums, remain entirely empty.

more at: www.wnd.com...

I agree with your post completely.But All the preperation is for naught,until they get a real Navy.That is the only way to project global power.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join