It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 Year Old Annunaki Cities Discovered in Africa

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BayesLike

web.mit.edu...

It might be non reactive. But it can be used to do things.

Now, MIT researchers have developed tiny gold particles that can home in on tumors, and then, by absorbing energy from near-infrared light and emitting it as heat, destroy tumors with minimal side effects.

Maybe the Ananuki knew how to use gold in different ways.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by Raelsatu

Well, why do you think gold is so rare on this planet? Maybe they already got most of it and left with it sometime way back in the past?

Well this is pure conjecture. There's no proof that the earth was mined for gold by ETs; I don't even know where that idea came from exactly... I'll have to look it up. One point to note, is that a sufficiently advanced civilization would not need to rely on a single element to preserve themselves or their planet; and even if they did, they would have passed a technological point where any element can be synthesized & harvested. E.g with the capabilties of nano, pico & femtotechnology.

If mining was for whatever reason the most efficient method, it would be more logical to scan asteroids & small moons for gold in high concentrations. Much of the gold on Earth sank towards the core during its molten youth, due to it being a heavy/dense element. Almost all of what humans have mined is gold brought here by meteorites, retained near the crust; therefore if planet mining was their forte, they may have employed an advanced form of "drilling" to locate & extract the most concentrated pockets.

In the event that they did mine planets, it would explain why structures were raised, because the process would be semi long-term. Naturally stone would be a prime building material, because it doesn't need to be refined & last for very long periods of time.

Anyway, traversing the galaxy in search of gold seems more like a sci-fi/old western hybrid than a reasonable theory of while aliens would visit Earth. Still possible I suppose.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by squarehead666

But crap at art.

2nd. (& that's a first!
)

Not necessarily. If the cyborg employed an advanced form of cognitive computing --- likened to a hybrid of the human brain, while able leverage the raw processing power of classical computing --- it would be sentient. Not only able to mimic artistic styles, but perhaps use its information center in conjunction with subjective experience.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vind21

For arguments sake, name a known asteroid that has a high gold content.

ummm okay here is one for you; Eros...

news.bbc.co.uk...

The most detailed study of an asteroid shows that it contains precious metals worth at least $20,000bn. The data were collected last December by the Near Earth Asteroid Rendezvous (Near) spacecraft which passed close to the asteroid Eros.

If Eros is typical of stony meteorites, then it contains about 3% metal. With the known abundance's of metals in meteorites, even a very cautious estimate suggests 20,000 million tonnes of aluminium along with similar amounts of gold, platinum and other rarer metals. In the 2,900 cubic kms of Eros, there is more aluminium, gold, silver, zinc and other base and precious metals than have ever been excavated in history or indeed, could ever be excavated from the upper layers of the Earth's crust. That is just in one asteroid and not a very large one at that. There are thousands of asteroids out there.

Wow look at that more gold then has ever been mined or could be mined from the crust of the earth in one not even very large asteroid....

Name a celestial body that could support 100-500K individuals and mining operations.

If you have space ships and or space stations why would you need a celestial body to support individuals and equipment?

Anyone ever tried to mine a small object in zero gravity?

No I haven't, but then you haven't either, so you don't know any better then I, how easy or difficult it would be.

But, since you are speculating and pulling ideas out of the air with no experience, I guess I will too. Why would mining in zero gravity be so difficult or inefficient? If you have a space ship, then you could probably mine small asteroids pretty effectively and efficiently especially if the process was done aboard the craft. You grab small asteroids or break off a piece of an asteroid, pull into a mining bay on your craft using a robotic arm or cables and winches, seal the doors and pressurize it, then none of the material will fly off even in zero g. You then blast the asteroid with lasers or maybe sonic waves, pulverize it, use a vacuum system to suck the pulverized material out of the bay into tubes. Then, send it to processing machines in the ship, maybe use some nano tech and sort out the molecules by type and store them in tanks to be used. Don't really need a large celestial body or even many thousands of miners and workers and in my opinion sounds a hell of a lot more efficient then going to a planet and mucking about with animal DNA; especially since if Sitchin's sci fi tale were true, those biological miners rebelled at some point; rebellions are not very efficient, just my opinion though.

A lot of these poster's counter arguments are just as ignorant and impractical as the original premise of genetically engineering biological machines to do work, you know casue its not like we bio-engineer bacteria and other organic materials to do things machine can't or anything...... I mean we would never change a biological entity at the genetic level to solve a problem when we can use wires and metals to do the same thing at higher costs right??

I mean if you were sooooo advanced you would just use robots to do EVERYTHING cause like it would be easy to build intelligent AI's to operate in constantly changing circumstances in harsh extremely dusty conditions and make self contained filter systems to keep circuits clean all while keeping your imaging devices able to detect the difference between dust and rocks that were self replicating and essentially free resources right?? I mean we're aliens screw biology!

Probably not, but then if you are advanced enough to have spaceships to travel around the solar system you could probably mine the asteroids in space pretty easily and as in the article link, I posted earlier, they have more bang for the buck and therefore far more efficient to mine.

Not that I buy into sitchin but man, it's pretty obvious alot of you people have never taken a physics class or understand action - reaction.

Well at least we can agree on something. The fact is the whole gold and niburu story was made up by Sitchin due to has bad translation abilities. The summerian texts don't really say what he says about niburu or mining gold.

Certainly no early settlers ever mined easily accessible gold veins practically exposed at the surface similarly to these ancient mines with pick axes and some pans.....If you think about it landing on a planet for whatever reason and then leveraging a pre-existing resource of humans for labor is about the most efficient way you could possibly do this. I mean humans never used to use natural resources like horses as a primary form of transportaion until like 1920 because I mean, we'd just build a car right?

Yeah well now that we have cars most people no longer use horses, but that is because we have cars and they are more efficient for people to use. If aliens have spaceships then they probably wouldn't need human slaves to mine gold in the first place, especially since the article I posted in the beginning shows there is more gold in those asteroids out there then you can get here on earth ever.....

edit on 16-1-2013 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

But crap at art.

2nd. (& that's a first!
)

Not necessarily. If the cyborg employed an advanced form of cognitive computing --- likened to a hybrid of the human brain, while able leverage the raw processing power of classical computing --- it would be sentient. Not only able to mimic artistic styles, but perhaps use its information center in conjunction with subjective experience.

Show me one.....One that wasn't first designed by animal intelligence.

There's an inherent elegance to organics.....From a high-tech enough perspective, where do you draw the line between machine and organism anyway?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Agree, but I took the general view that a robot is an electro-mechanical machine that is guided by a computer program or electronic circuitry. An automaton.

Impervious to disease, pathogens; containing no genetic 'flaws'.

Even mechanical creations have most of those, even genetic flaws may be present (depending on how the software is created especially the AI) and biological machines may have less of those than you think. Most may even be design features.

I personally have the believe that virus propagate genetic information across diverse often incompatible system, that pathogens are required to keep the system healthy, weed out faults and degradations and keep numbers down. Genetic flaws can be seen as mostly resulting from the previous issues and bad behaviors (fault or error in the software) but are mostly environmental, in any case they may only become relevant if the biologic system is expanding the expiration date from the original design, with time the automated process should balance it all out.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
L
L @ baahgrd
"WE LOVE YOU ALL" Hacking issues potentials that's all...

NAMASTE*******
edit on 1/16/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

awesome, love ancient society stuff, the older the better. i dont think humans will ever have a clue how old we really are . probably tons of buried cities just off some major coast just waiting for the right earthquake to up heave them.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Show me one.....One that wasn't first designed by animal intelligence.

There's an inherent elegance to organics.....From a high-tech enough perspective, where do you draw the line between machine and organism anyway?

Show you what??

That inherent elegance is still a byproduct of billions of years of evolution; if you're religious then you believe that elegance is a result of intelligent design. Ultimately it doesn't matter whether the result comes from organic evolution, or technological/intellectual evolution; it's simply another level on the fractal hierarchy. Animal [human] intelligence pushes to expedite the process. Just because it's not organic, doesn't mean it's not elegant.

On the cosmic scale actually it's quite magnificent; the complexity is astounding, considering the time span in which computing & robotics has advanced.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

Agree, but I took the general view that a robot is an electro-mechanical machine that is guided by a computer program or electronic circuitry. An automaton.

Even mechanical creations have most of those, even genetic flaws may be present (depending on how the software is created especially the AI) and biological machines may have less of those than you think. Most may even be design features.

Organic creatures navigate their environment due to electrochemical processes; our sentience is maintained due to neurons firing in the brain. That is our entire perception of this reality. Who's to say we can't build an artificial life-form that is based off the same model, but with upgrade-ability & a universal form of adaptability. You may endow it with the ability self-correct. & Yes it may have flaws, which is why we continue to analyze things, alter & upgrade things, make things better. I doubt anything will ever be truly perfect.

That doesn't mean we can't try & succeed along the way.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
ya,i seen this stuff before.
i'm thinking it must have been when the anunki were in they're 'caveman' days,long before they started building really cool stuff,like pyramids!!!

seriously though,just goes to show that we have been here alot longer than the try to make us think!!!
i'm not into the nubiru/anunaki thingy,but i have a passion for ancient sights like this.
try checking out some of the ancient sights in ethiopia (axum) really cool stuff for people we are told were savages!!!
south american o.o.p.a's are really cool too.
peace

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

www.slavespecies.com...

>sounds legit.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Scientist and researcher Michael Tellinger discussed archaeological and genetic evidence in support of Zecharia Sitchin's work showing that the Anunnaki created humans through genetic experimentation to serve as slaves for gold mining.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

This guy has no credibility. Stichen has been proved wrong over and over again.

I knew this was a Stichen fantasy.

Then the planted X will be flying through any day now.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

There were no humans 200,000 years ago and no skeletal evidence for human beings as we are today.

I'm hard pressed to say this is false, and others have shown reason to question his credibility.

Modern humans in our current form come from 70,000-50,000 years ago. We've only been capable of city building since around 20,000-12,000 years ago. To bring that up by a factor of 10 takes some serious evidence, and a couple of lines in the sand is not enough.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Adams calendar

Amazing

Thanks again OP interesting elites in south mentioned. 1 would imagine some would try to establish elder links just wonder if the data being accurate matters NOW or are the HIGHER ups not acknowledged due to current political/religious agends. Interesting world but happy to see the Cosmic family is being more taken serious. Serpentaz on many things global thinks links something to another but not the deceptive image the more Nahash intelligent kind.

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Block Wall in an Oklahoma Mine, at least 286 million years old. Who Built It?,

This still makes 1 wonder

www.abovetopsecret.com...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BayesLike

In my [albeit basic] understanding of the 'gold' theory; it wasn't to be used to clean or react to anything. Gold is an effective refletor of solar radiation so much so that it is used in astronaut helmets as evidenced by the reflective gold surface in bright light. Similar to holes in our ozone layer which buffers us from this radiation it was believed the annunaki had somehow damaged their own atmosphere and sought to float particles of gold in the upper atmosphere in a last ditch effort to preserve their world. Interstingly, as ancient as this story is (ancient sumerian writings are the oldest known) this very same technique is being explored by geoengineers right now.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Personally, I would venture a guess that the Sahara wasn't always a desert, and that people probably inhabited the area when it was green and lush and did much of what we are doing now. Perhaps it was a gigantic forest and full of everything your hunter gatherer civilization could ask for. Perhaps after several thousand years of deforestation things dried up and it turned into the desert that it is today.

I do a lot of work in third world countries and some of the same basic mentalities survive to this day with the destruction of environments, at some of my project work sites just the repeated use of certain areas as roads has allowed the environment to deteriorate at an alarming rate into nothing but a sandy wasteland in the middle of the forest.

Perhaps that is what happened in Egypt, they built their pyramids and cities within the remains of these areas, exploited them until nothing was left and had to leave themselves. The area where these cities were found appear to also be a bit of a desert...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

You can't carbon date a wall

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

understood my friend

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join