It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Unveil 'Broad Gun Plans' On Wednesday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Obama To Unveil 'Broad Gun Plans' On Wednesday

www.washingtonpost.com

President Obama will unveil a sweeping set of gun-control proposals at midday Wednesday, including an assault weapons ban, universal background checks and limits on the number of bullets that ammunition magazines can hold, according to sources familiar with the plans.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
How broad are we talking about here, guys? Is this going to be small work, or do you think he will immediately pull off some big action against our guns? Could this be the spark to set of a revolution?

How many of you out there are ready to fight for our constitution? When I was a Marine I took an oath to defend the Constitution, and I plan to in a worst case scenario. Is anyone else concerned about this, or do you think any actions will get shot down? (no pun intended lol)

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Oh man, how many more people is this going to drive into the gun stores and shows to stock up?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
Oh man, how many more people is this going to drive into the gun stores and shows to stock up?

Guns everywhere are essentially sold out. Obama is the best gun salesman haha

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I sold my guns already.

Raist
edit on 1/15/13 by Raist because: no one cares

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OperationLovestrike

To reapply the AWB, would require a act of Congress. If he does so by Executive Order, then he is overstepping his authority.

There are some things he can do by EO, but the AWB would be asking for trouble.

Last time the Democrats did this they lost control of both houses. But of course, this ain't 1994 anymore is it?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
They're out to ram through anything and everything they possibly can as quickly as they can. The public outrage over Sandy Hook will die down with time and public support for new gun control measures will go with it.
What bothers me most is how little evidence we have from Sandy Hook yet it seems everyone is ready to institute massive change before we even have a chance to learn what actually happened. If things turn out to be different from the official narrative of the lone gunman it will be too late anyway.
Our collective leashes are being jerked.

To those who have been saying "they won't be able to get any new laws passed" please look up what they just did in NY. Not a good sign for the future in my book.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is gonna get pretty ugly, pretty quickly.
I expect lots and lots of letters will be flowing into our representatives offices by Friday.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
What some are missing and most are not talking about is universal background checks means YOU.

As a father gives a gun to his son or daughter would be illegal.

A grandparent dies and leaves you their guns would be illegal.

Those gun plans they have are the same old recycled fascist rhetoric they were saying back during the AWSB in the 90s the plans, same asinine "arguments".

To being finger printed, being required to pass a back ground check for buying ammunition etc

Same stupidity different year from those who claim to be for equal rights and personal freedom.
edit on 15-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Good point. It right up there with the Estate tax.

What you had aquired in life, now belongs to the Gov't after you die.

Can anyone justify that to me?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Let's make this statement abundantly clear...

To ALL politicians, you work for the people of this country! Politicians are not celebrities. ALL POLITICIANS ARE PUBLIC SERVANTS! The people DO NOT WORK FOR YOU! Public servants work for the people.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OperationLovestrike

The KEY Word there is " Proposals " . If he tries to go further than that , then Impeachment could be Justified in such a case.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Well he's already said he can claim executive powers in this situation.

I agree that impeachment would be an option. But that doesn't mean it will happen. Lots of people working hard RIGHT NOW trying to guage how the American People are gonna react to all of this. They will push it as far as they feel they can.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have another thread on this topic underway if you are interested in addressing the Children issue...
President Obama to Use Children to Push His Plan on Gun Control

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

A Supreme Court Order is also a possibility .

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
I sold my guns already.

Raist
edit on 1/15/13 by Raist because: no one cares

Suuuure ya did.

And I lost mine on a camping trip when the canoe capsized while on Lake Erie.

Don't matter though. They'll still come looking you up. (If they think you are a threat)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Personally im outraged and shocked that 'universal' background checks WERE NOT performed since day dot on gun purchases.

I mean seriously? in a modern day society what kind of messed up country doesnt do background on checks on every psychopathic gun nut that walks through the door wanting to buy guns?

If there's any reason to be impeached as a president, its because forcing backgruond checks on every purchase didnt occur.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Yeah what is wrong with a country that allowed my grandfather to walk in to a hardware store and buy a machine gun in one aisle and a stick of dynamite in the other.

That was once upon a time in Amerika where as today the only solution some see is making more laws for what someone might do.

But then agian murder is already illegal any further laws only punish those who have done nothing wrong.

Some can support background checks and the invasion of their privacy that has not and will not stop murder.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

And how would that work?
You can't just petition the Supreme Court to impeach a President.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I had rifles, they did not get registered. Sold them to people I used to work with. They can look, not going to find anything. Heck, I have not been in contact with the guys I sold them too since. I do not know what ever happened to the guns after I sold them.

Yes it was irrisponsible of me to sell them in private, but I needed money to pay bills. If the government would quite raising my taxes, insurance would stop going up and I would get a raise I would not have to sell my guns.

Raist

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join