It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Unveil 'Broad Gun Plans' On Wednesday

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I wish someone in the Obama sycophant media would point out that the president home city of Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country AND the highest murder rates.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
I wish someone in the Obama sycophant media would point out that the president home city of Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country AND the highest murder rates.

Yes, but in DC they don't deal in logic or reality.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" ~Adolph Hitler, 1935,on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Dunno what to say.... For those who figure this man is their President, I weep for ya. Personally? Well... Damn thieves... All my guns got stolen just a few days ago. Damndest thing too.....I was home sleeping and never heard a thing. Must have been some of them 'Cat Burglars' I hear rumors of. They got every last one though. All gone. They even carted off my reloading set ups. Both of them!

Now if that hadn't happened...I might note how there is a sort of pause in the auctions and classifieds at the moment, awaiting the King's decrees. I'd imagine if the King decrees what is expected, we'll see those sales go to all NEW heights of insanity like the NYSE trading floor on news of an asteroid the size of Texas coming.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" ~Adolph Hitler, 1935,on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

And once again, no, he didn't ever say this.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Does anyone know when this is going down today? It will be one of the very few times I will listen to this guy speak. Important stuff here.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Scheduled for 11:45 AM EST so expect it to start a little after noon.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks. Shoot, that's like 10 minutes. Haha. Glad I asked.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Speech starts at 11:55am EST.I've avoided presidential addresses for years but I'm pretty sure this will be historic.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

He'll speak at Noon?

I don't think so...he's always fashionably late. It'll be at least 1215 EST.

At the end he'll hug the kids as well.

ETA: Holy Smokes! he's on time.
edit on 16-1-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Anti climatic. Wish he would have spoke more about the executive orders he just signed.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
They are not solving the problem. They are only responding to emotion. Criminals don't buy their guns legally anyway! This is just hindering law abiding citizens from getting guns to defend themselves IMHO.

They need to act tougher on criminals, find ways to help those suffering from, and research mental illness without resulting to medicines that may make the situation worse. Spend more money towards education and fix up the economy, so that people will be less inclined to commit heinous crimes.

To me this is about as fruitless as prohibition, we see what good came of that... SMH

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I started a thread about the orders here.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
reply to post by OperationLovestrike

Oh no, background checks, what a terrible tragedy for all gun-loving criminal lunatics!

Criminals don't get background checks, they buy illegally.

lol.... lunatic.

You're really not adding anything to this thread, I assume your a 12 year old know it all.

Assuming makes an ass out of you.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

That is one of the best repies I have seen on ATS.

I could not agree with you more. Of course I am sure they would play it off as it being that way because the rest of us can buy guns and send them there or something.

Raist

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Does anyone know when this is going down today? It will be one of the very few times I will listen to this guy speak. Important stuff here.

I don't want to hear anything the man has to say. It almost makes me physically ill to hear his voice or see his face.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Dunno what to say.... For those who figure this man is their President, I weep for ya. Personally? Well... Damn thieves... All my guns got stolen just a few days ago. Damndest thing too.....I was home sleeping and never heard a thing. Must have been some of them 'Cat Burglars' I hear rumors of. They got every last one though. All gone. They even carted off my reloading set ups. Both of them!

Now if that hadn't happened...I might note how there is a sort of pause in the auctions and classifieds at the moment, awaiting the King's decrees. I'd imagine if the King decrees what is expected, we'll see those sales go to all NEW heights of insanity like the NYSE trading floor on news of an asteroid the size of Texas coming.

Holy Shizz! How many guns? I'm sorry for your loss lol

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
**ALERT** It is important that all of you read this thread to fully understand the implications. It is NOT JUST ABOUT GUN CONTROL.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Where I live.. guns aren't just some toy you go out shooting on the weekends or terrorize people with....

For me and mine... a gun is a means to feed your family... one elk = a few hundred lbs of meat minimum..

In the case of the AR-15 protect livestock from packs of predatory animals via a cull..

Basically our AR-15s (and other "military style" firearms including the mini-14 which is named the "Ranch Defender") rifles are protecting those T-Bone steaks you had last week and the porterhouse you will have a month from now.
edit on 17-1-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join