It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Unveil 'Broad Gun Plans' On Wednesday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yeah I should have gotten some proof I guess. They were good people though so I am not worried about what they do with them. Since they were rifles they were not registed so they were not in my name. The only thing in my name was the background checks the day I bought them, and I am not even sure if they showed what I bought.

I guess though thinking about it there are tons of guns out there that there that are not accounted for. I guess just about anyone could have one if they bought it privately.

Raist

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OperationLovestrike

Not a cop hater per say seems like they are never around when you need them, and always around when they are not wanted.

Don't have dunkin donuts here but 4 to 6 at Mcdonalds most of the time or Arbys.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by neo96

Good point. It right up there with the Estate tax.

What you had aquired in life, now belongs to the Gov't after you die.

Can anyone justify that to me?

Couldn't agree more. I mean seriously people! Doesn't it make you upset that the government does that? That fires me up, just like death taxes do.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If I was a cop I'd be chillin' at Dunkin Donuts all the time. I'd also probably be kind of a crooked cop lol. Like if I found a bunch of drug money somewhere I'd stash some away. Too tempting

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Too many have already thrown in the towel.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I read about the NY gun bill on yahoo and i have a question maybe some of you could answer for me.It says 10 round and up magazines will be ilegal to own and people will have 1 year to get rid of them so how will they know if you got rid of them?What if you bought them at a gun show or from friends how will they know you got rid of them?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

By law in most states, buying a car is as easy as buying a firearm. However in most states a proof of purchase is required. At some level at least.

The loopholes are so enormous that a aircraft carrier could sail through while launching a strike and the law would never notice.

Bad people will always get what they want. Why should we restrict law abiding citizens for the actions of a few?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Oh no, background checks, what a terrible tragedy for all gun-loving criminal lunatics!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

Oh no, background checks, what a terrible tragedy for all gun-loving criminal lunatics!

Criminals don't get background checks, they buy illegally.

Law abiding citizens already have background checks.

Just because people like guns, makes them lunatics?

You're really not adding anything to this thread, I assume your a 12 year old know it all.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Justify it? No Explain it?

Pretty simple. The boiling frog. People are expecting something big to happen all at once when the real danger comes. That's to say that you don't have to worry until guns are completely banned. As long as they're only taking little baby steps like this, people will not worry so much.

But we all know that every baby eventually learns to walk perfectly.

They are not taking the guns from the old timers because they know these people are not going to live that much longer. If they are required to register them, they can be confiscated at some future date (likely when the owner dies). It's not worth it to make a scene taking the guns away from these people when they can have them soon enough anyway.

The next generation will probably not be gun enthusiasts. They will give up their guns easier just like this generation is more willing than the previous ones. It literally will be a progressive (or incremental) ban.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianFlanders

reply to post by neo96

Justify it? No Explain it?

Pretty simple. The boiling frog. People are expecting something big to happen all at once when the real danger comes. That's to say that you don't have to worry until guns are completely banned. As long as they're only taking little baby steps like this, people will not worry so much.

But we all know that every baby eventually learns to walk perfectly.

They are not taking the guns from the old timers because they know these people are not going to live that much longer. If they are required to register them, they can be confiscated at some future date (likely when the owner dies). It's not worth it to make a scene taking the guns away from these people when they can have them soon enough anyway.

The next generation will probably not be gun enthusiasts. They will give up their guns easier just like this generation is more willing than the previous ones. It literally will be a progressive (or incremental) ban.

I don't know man, I may have to disagree with you on that. I think this whole gun control issue has really opened up a lot of young people's eyes. My generation is getting sick of the left/right paradigm. The Libertarian movement is rapidly growing and I feel that this younger generation will be the same or even more pro gun than our parents; Especially since our youth are filled with Veterans. Think about that

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I am not sure. I see a lot of younger generations that are agreeing with many from the UK and other places. I constantly hear things like "why do we need guns" or "why do you want a gun like that".

For me with the AK it was not because I needed it. I got it because I could and it was fun to shoot. Because they are well known for being very hardy and being able to take a lot of abuse and still fire. On top of all that they were just pretty cool to look at.

Raist

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

I am not sure. I see a lot of younger generations that are agreeing with many from the UK and other places. I constantly hear things like "why do we need guns" or "why do you want a gun like that".

For me with the AK it was not because I needed it. I got it because I could and it was fun to shoot. Because they are well known for being very hardy and being able to take a lot of abuse and still fire. On top of all that they were just pretty cool to look at.

Raist

7.62 ammo is pretty freakin' expensive these days. I have an M4, which shoots 5.56 .223

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OperationLovestrike

I don't know man, I may have to disagree with you on that. I think this whole gun control issue has really opened up a lot of young people's eyes. My generation is getting sick of the left/right paradigm. The Libertarian movement is rapidly growing and I feel that this younger generation will be the same or even more pro gun than our parents; Especially since our youth are filled with Veterans. Think about that

Well, the way I see it, there are just as many freedom hating liberals as ever. I'll be very surprised if libertarianism ever takes hold in this country. It requires people to be (and stay) informed and I just don't see that happening. As much as I believe in freedom and would like to see a more libertarian type society, I don't bother to keep myself nearly as informed as I should. I'm lazy. Imagine what it would be asking of people who aren't even as interested as I am.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
And he will surround himself with children when giving this speech.

Just feels so wrong, it's like when Bush was standing on the ruins of the twin towers (giving his speech), surrounded with fireman's, selling his war, this is just another; buy this!; just look at those poor american children!
edit on 16-1-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianFlanders

Originally posted by OperationLovestrike

Well, the way I see it, there are just as many freedom hating liberals as ever. I'll be very surprised if libertarianism ever takes hold in this country. It requires people to be (and stay) informed and I just don't see that happening. As much as I believe in freedom and would like to see a more libertarian type society, I don't bother to keep myself nearly as informed as I should. I'm lazy. Imagine what it would be asking of people who aren't even as interested as I am.

I believe a revolution is imminent in the near future, and I'm certain that it will quench the thirst for liberty.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
So the big stink was about the AR 15 that wasn't used in the sandy hook shooting, so we gotta ban assault rifles.

Now the police chief of Philadelphia is saying its a start, but the problem is the 9mm, so next step is handguns.

The problem is, that some people can't read the writing on the wall. They still claim they aren't coming after the guns. lol. alot.

Two more school shootings today. At some point, they WILL come out and say the only solution is to ban them all. Some people see absolutely no problem with police and military being armed with AR 15's and other assault rifles, but not the citizens.

Youtube search corrupt police in the United States, and that is my argument on why average citizens need an assault rifle.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Really if they ever wanted to get rid of guns they would just tax the hell out of ammo. The gun is useless if you cannot afford to feed it.

They could baiscally within a few years have all the guns in homes be worthless.

Raist

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Really if they ever wanted to get rid of guns they would just tax the hell out of ammo. The gun is useless if you cannot afford to feed it.

They could baiscally within a few years have all the guns in homes be worthless.

Raist

At some point though, they are going to just piss everyone off enough to the point of citizens revolting.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I am not so sure about that any more. I have heard that for years. Sure people complain about it but then they still sit back and watch the game, "reality TV", play a video game, or do like we do get on the internet and complain some more. In the end they still play the game and keep voting believing they are making a difference. When really the only way to make a difference is to get all of the career politicians out of DC and instal some regular people who really will listen to the will of the people.

Raist

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join