It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Unveil 'Broad Gun Plans' On Wednesday

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
Oh man, how many more people is this going to drive into the gun stores and shows to stock up?

I purchased a new one today. I'm picking it up on Saturday. By New York's brand new law it's illegal. Thank god I don't live there, but I'm sure it's going to be the template for the rest of the nation.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

invasion of privacy?

your buying a gun fffs, seriously you think now it should be illegal for the authoritites to check you out before giving you a weapon and ammunition

jesus age mary in heaven, not only are smoe of you stupidly addicted to guns, but your clearly missing a few stumps in your wicket.

Frankly, I hate to say this, but some of you deserve the tragic fate that awaits your family or yourselves...if for no other reason than you to change your ways and save the country for future generations!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

The guns I used to have I filled out background checks on. I bought nothing but rifles and a shot gun. I filled out three background checks one for each.

I think a better question is what kind of country sees people with metal troubles and does nothing but drug them to try and fix things?

Raist

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Say what?!
We are talking about weapons here. Almost anything can be used as a weapon in the right hands. To save this country?! This country was founded on the principles we are trying to protect! Ffs yourself. You may not like it, but those rights shall not be infringed upon...period.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

100% right.

More money of pharmacutecals i imagine, but thats just 1 problem facing your nation.
and you can gaurantee yuor bottom dollar that FOX NEWS, the CEO world and possibly members of congress are going to focus in on the 'mental health' issue more than the 'guns' issue.

Probably the answer for them is 10x more drugs.

But, like I've said before

handguns, shotguns and rifles are perfectly reasonable forms of protection for the home.
you filled out a background check? hey i got no problems with that.

I wish your situation was universal in America.

link   
reply to post by JayinAR

yes, your right.
my computer keyboard can be used as a weapon, but then again so can a bushmaster rifle.

Now tell me, which one should be sold to any tom dick and harry WITHOUT a background check?

No one is infringing on your rights. the 2nd ammendment will always be there, so relax.. calm down.. dont panic just yet your precious guns will still be there to buy!

If your lust for weapons absolutely must be fed, then fine..

background checks are a must and the types of weapons sold will be heavily regulated.
But thats not enough for you is it?

edit on 15-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by JayinAR

The Court could Rule that Obama's Exceutive Order to set Certain Controls over Gun Ownership would Violate We the Peoples Second Amendment RIGHTS . If they Dare Not even Achknowlegde such a Constitutional Violation , then the Court No Longer would have a Legal Authority to Judge in the Majority of the Peoples Eyes........ .

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Yes. But the point is that unless a case goes to the court they will not have anything to say on the matter.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

your buying a gun fffs, seriously you think now it should be illegal for the authorities to check you out before giving you a weapon and ammunition

Do the feds run a background check when a person buys a car? NO the most abundant dangerous weapon on the streets of Amerika.

Do the feds run a background check when a person buys a knife ? No another abundant weapon in the streets of Amerika.

Do the feds run a background check when a person buys a baseball bat? NO that has been used to beat people to death lots of them.

Do the feds run a background check when a person buys a chainsaw? NO also kills people.

jesus age mary in heaven, not only are smoe of you stupidly addicted to guns, but your clearly missing a few stumps in your wicket.

Feel free to wait for the police to come save you
Feel free to wait for that government to come save you from the baddies

You know those same people who run guns to mexico, sell machine guns,grenades, and tanks and artillery to "freedom fighter" and middle eastern dictator alike.

Apparently guns are fine in the hands of the police and government hell everyones but ours.

Frankly, I hate to say this, but some of you deserve the tragic fate that awaits your family or yourselves...if for no other reason than you to change your ways and save the country for future generatio

Change my ways?

Never killed anyone or sent drones and bomb the hell out of them, haven't invaded other countries either so roll over and play dead.

Nope.
edit on 15-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I would not just say FOX. I think all the MSN loves to see people on meds. The only thing I take is stuff for pain and I wish I could do something differet since one of them I cannot take before bed as it keeps me awake.

Yep I bought an SKS (made in 67 in China with the help of Russians at that time it was a Sino-Soviet or something like that) at a gun & knife show, filled one out there and it was called in.

Bought an AK-47 at a gun shop filled out and called in there.

Bought a 12 gauge pump filled out and called in there.

Sold the SKS and AK, they were cool but money was better at the time. The 12 gauge sits ready for uninvited guests.

I was raised around guns and started shooting a .22 at the age of like 8 or so. I of course also had a BB gun. The BB gun I could use any time I wanted. The .22 or anything else I had to have permission to use. I used a nice side by side 410 also. That and the .22 were really fun to shoot and hunt with as a kid.

Raist

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

What purpose does a background check serve? I have no problems with it personally as I am not a fellon. But I can see how some would consider it an invasion of privacy.
Also, the weapons I own are all of the legal variety. Meaning I have two hunting rifles, a 12 guage and a pistol...BUT, I also understand why the 2nd amendment was written. It wasn't for huntin' deer. So...yeah, if someone wants an AR they have that right.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

But a car is not a gun. Cars are an essential aspect of modern day life. Owning a gun for a hobby is not.
The beach kills a fair few people too, if gun background checks are brought in, are you saying we should force beach goers to be checked out aswell?

Your incredibley psychotic desire to own guns is one thing, but then believing no background checks should be done is just stupidly idiotic. Atleast background checks could STOP known maniacs owning guns at the least.

Also, if I try to buy a car they do carry out a 'sort' of backgrund check. On my credit, my employment and my home situation. ( but this is mainly for finance)

Also, I am required to have a drivers LICENCE.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Been there, done that. All the weapons I sold were to people who had clearances though. I could at least verify that.

All were sold with witnesses as well. Paperwork/contract can be provided as well upon the appropiate request. I try to cover my bases.

Sometimes we have to do what we are not comfortable with. I am slowly buying back all the weapons I sold. My name is on them after all.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I consider a firearm as essential. Just as a motor vehicle. And I still use it a heckofa lot less than my truck. But both provide for my survival.

You can also buy a car for cash, just like a gun and never registar it. heck, you don't even need a drivers license.

You are shooting down your own argument using current laws. This discussion is concerning laws that "may" be implemented and how it affects the citizens.
edit on 15-1-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

But a car is not a gun. Cars are an essential aspect of modern day life. Owning a gun for a hobby is not.

BS for millions of Americans in flyover country-rural Amerika is a necessity, and when the cops are not too busy at a dunkin donuts.

Your incredibley psychotic desire to own guns is one thing, but then believing no background checks should be done is just stupidly idiotic. Atleast background checks could STOP known maniacs owning guns at the least.

What is psychotic is the fact that the gun laws have not stopped any maniac it only punishes after the fact.

If some people can not grasp the simple concept that they do not like being told what they can or can't own that is on them.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
In this country you are not allowed to own a firearm if you are a convicted fellon. And while I agree with that for people who are repeat violent offenders, I could fill an entire page with examples in where I think its bogus. There are dozens and dozens of fellony offenses that are completely non violent in nature. It is ridiculous to say someone who was caught poaching fish can't own a firearm. To him, the background check is a ridiculous invasion of privacy.

ETA: but I guess for some people it is easier to just stereotype everyone who disagrees as a psycho gun nut, huh?
edit on 15-1-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
maybe....

A car is essential, yes. As are guns (to a point!)

as I've said many times, guns should be limited to shotguns, handguns and hunting rifles.

anything else bought, especially under the guise of 'hobby' is completely absurd!

Buying a car for cash and not registering it is illegal, is it not (in my country it is)
I imagine it would be the same for guns, buying a gun 2nd hand from someone and never registering it. (is it?)

But I think at a minimum, a bare minimum every man, woman, child or egotistical, psychopathic gun nut American that walks into a shop/gun show and purchases a deadly weapon needs to be thoroughly checked out, properly documented and recorded, period! no ifs, buts or what nots. If your scared of having your name and details recorded in a register, don’t buy a gun. If you've got something to hide in your past, then hell I hope you never have the authority to buy a gun. If you have mentally disabled people in your home, no gun!

This is just common sense protection for society and as much as you gun nuts wish it so, society comes first over your personal hobby for firearms.

I've been on ATS for.. 8yrs now? have had some pretty heated debates with various people, especially in the GW bush years. I still stand by convictions on that one. But this gun stuff, has really gotten me to my witts end with ATS. Not because people dont agree with me (thats the fun part) but because I've lost so much respect and admiration for America and Americans that I truly not cringe at the thought of coming back to this site. So I think i might definitely take a break for a while, because some of you really make me feel depressed over western society!

on that note, ladies and gents take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice!

edit on 15-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
What some are missing and most are not talking about is universal background checks means YOU.

As a father gives a gun to his son or daughter would be illegal.

A grandparent dies and leaves you their guns would be illegal.

Those gun plans they have are the same old recycled fascist rhetoric they were saying back during the AWSB in the 90s the plans, same asinine "arguments".

To being finger printed, being required to pass a back ground check for buying ammunition etc

Same stupidity different year from those who claim to be for equal rights and personal freedom.
edit on 15-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

You make a good point there bud, and that especially hits home hardest for me. I have a Springfield 1903A1 in excellent condition here at my house. It came straight from WWII. Passed on from my Great grandfather and down the line to me. I plan on passing it on to my son when he is older. If it gets to the extreme where I am unable to pass down a rifle like that which has sentimental value, well.. I'll be one pissed off dude to say the least. I sure as hell won't register and follow that law.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
No one is infringing on your rights.

Tell that to the citizens of New York state.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

BS for millions of Americans in flyover country-rural Amerika is a necessity, and when the cops are not too busy at a dunkin donuts.

What is psychotic is the fact that the gun laws have not stopped any maniac it only punishes after the fact.

If some people can not grasp the simple concept that they do not like being told what they can or can't own that is on them.

When I was about 14 I literally saw about 6 cop cars at Dunkin donuts near my house hahaha

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join