It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas: JAIL Any Federal Officials Trying to Enforce New Gun Restrictions in the State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

A Texas lawmaker says he plans to file the Firearms Protection Act, which would make any federal laws that may be passed by Congress or imposed by Presidential order which would ban or restrict ownership of semi-automatic firearms or limit the size of gun magazines illegal in the state, 1200 WOAI news reports. Republican Rep. Steve Toth says his measure also calls for felony criminal charges to be filed against any federal official who tries to enforce the rule in the state.

"If a federal official comes into the state of Texas to enforce the federal executive order, that person is subject to criminal prosecution," Toth told 1200 WOAI's Joe Pags Tuesday. He says his bill would make attempting to enforce a federal gun ban in Texas punishable by a $50,000 fine and up to five years in prison.

Toth says he will file his measure after speaking with the state's Republican Attorney General, Greg Abbott, who has already vowed to fight any federal measures which call for restrictions on weapons possession. Toth concedes that he would welcome a legal fight over his proposals.

"At some point there needs to be a showdown between the states and the federal government over the Supremacy Clause," he said.

The Supremacy Clause is the portion of the Constitution which declares that federal laws and statutes are 'the supreme law of the land.'

"It is our responsibility to push back when those laws are infringed by King Obama," Toth said.

Texas is the second state to propose a measure to shield the state from the impact of any gun possession restrictions imposed by Congress or by Presidential order. A similar measure was introduced in Wyoming last week.

Well, it looks like Texas has decided to push back against any unconstitutional federal firearms control. It seems states like Texas always tend to fight for freedom, while it seems others just allow the draconian government to take over. I'm pretty sure border states aren't going to deal with government gruff.

I hope to see more states fight for their constitutional rights. They call for arresting federal officials who try and enforce any type of new gun laws, but is the corruption so deep that they wouldn't be able to do what they say, and actually arrest them?

Source

Firearm Owners Protection Act - Some information on the Firearm Owners Protection Act

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
if they feel so strongly about it they should pass it.

it's their state, it's their elected officials.

but that's how civil wars start.

when men in uniform start firing at other men in uniform, then it's war.

then that's when allies are formed and combatant's clearly separated.

states will chose sides. maybe someone from alabama will not fire on someone from texas, will not obey orders from washington. and form a second confederacy.

it's civil war 2 with much more devastating weapons. each state will take control of it's respective national guard and attack government forts in their state. probably after giving them time to chose a side.

it's always been said the only ones that could defeat america are americans themselves.

old wounds could be opened easily in the south, especially with a black president giving them orders.

the south could rise again, and out of the ashes the nwo.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
if they feel so strongly about it they should pass it.

it's their state, it's their elected officials.

but that's how civil wars start.

when men in uniform start firing at other men in uniform, then it's war.

then that's when allies are formed and combatant's clearly separated.

states will chose sides. maybe someone from alabama will not fire on someone from texas, will not obey orders from washington. and form a second confederacy.

it's civil war 2 with much more devastating weapons. each state will take control of it's respective national guard and attack government forts in their state. probably after giving them time to chose a side.

it's always been said the only ones that could defeat america are americans themselves.

old wounds could be opened easily in the south, especially with a black president giving them orders.

the south could rise again, and out of the ashes the nwo.

Indeed, we can only hope everything is resolved without bloodshed, But we always talk about "when the SHTF", well everybody, the proverbial dung is getting pretty close to the fan blades.

But if a civil war DID start, I'm sure Texas would be ready to lead the charge. I've never lived there, but I've met a lot of people from Texas, and they all seemed like patriots.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I feel like statements like "king Obama" are detriments to their cause. Fight it legally and don't let emotions or personal feelings make you a target. Other than that, I like that states are making a stand and I hope it's a trend.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Did Texas pass strict gun laws too?

I thought it was just NY.

Wow.

I never would have expected that.

Wait....they didn't?

Oh then this is just another big blowhard talking out his arse trying to gain political and NRA support for doing something that's never gonna happen. Comical really. Texas is like another country unto itself. Funny people. Big hats.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
I feel like statements like "king Obama" are detriments to their cause. Fight it legally and don't let emotions or personal feelings make you a target. Other than that, I like that states are making a stand and I hope it's a trend.

True, calling him "king Obama" might not be a nice way to start off the cause, but honestly, I feel he's just trying to tell it how it is. But I agree, they can't let emotion and bias override judgement.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Uh, hes talking about federal gun control that Obama will be announcing on wednesday.
Did you even read the article?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by eXia7

Did Texas pass strict gun laws too?

I thought it was just NY.

Wow.

I never would have expected that.

Wait....they didn't?

Oh then this is just another big blowhard talking out his arse trying to gain political and NRA support for doing something that's never gonna happen. Comical really. Texas is like another country unto itself. Funny people. Big hats.

I think the article states how they plan to fight any new FEDERAL laws I believe, No, they haven't passed strict gun laws in the state, but if the feds impose stricter laws than the state, essentially they would have to abide by government laws. But he is using the Firearm Owners Protection Act to try and nullify federal involvement. Don't be fooled, ultimately the states have the power, they just decided to hand it over to the feds sadly.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Wyoming is doing this as well, they are ahead of Texas in the process.

If Civil war 2 starts it will not be north vs south it will be red vs blue. The "south" will not rise again. It's not about race it's about life and our national history, slavery and economic differences of the first civil war are not an issue this time, there is no line across the nation.

Texas has the 2nd or 3rd most military bases of any state(depending on how many cali has done away with), it has the oil locally to operate such military without federal support. It has written statements by the base commanders that they will refuse any standing order that would ask the US military to take any kind of agressive action or embargo on civilians.

Don't Mess with Texas.

link   
Part of me is encouraged to see SOMEONE, ANYONE standing up for our constitution but,
There is another part of me which realizes that the adenda MUST and WILL carry forward at ALL costs.

Whether you like it or not, whether you agree with it or not, whether you have accepted it or not, there IS IS IS a very REAL agenda which is being carried out all over the globe and the end result is total enslavement of mankind through a New World Order in which we are all subjects of an elite few of ruling class scumbag psychopaths.

Obviously, this can NOT be achieved with a well armed population now can it?
They WILL WILL WILL try to take our guns, this much I can promise you NOT because I have a crystal ball but ONLY because I know the agenda. Once you know the agenda, you can predict EVERY move they will make.

"is he off his meds again"

NO!!!
and if people don't wake up IN A HURRY and come to terms with this then, we are ALL going to wake up one day
in a total prison planet where our EVERY move, thought,action,and intent are closely monitored "for our own safety"

The agenda WILL carry forward because it must carry forward.
This goes WAAAAY above Obama's head. He is powerless to stop the agenda though, I'm not sure he would want to anyway. In order to do battle one must knows who the enemy is.

The answer to this question is so far out there that there is little point in even having the discussion.
You'll find out soon enough......AFTER it is too late.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

link   
How did I double post with a post inbetween wth.....

edit on 15-1-2013 by vind21 because: Double Post

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

reply to post by eXia7

Never been to Texas, have you? This is a Texas State Legislator who will introduce a bill to nullify any Federal gun control laws. Most bills never make it out of committee, but this one has potential because a whole lot of Texans feel the same way. if it passes, along with similar proposed legislation in Montana, Wyoming, Tennessee, and elsewhere, then we may have an interesting situation.

edit on 1/15/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Texas is right in doing this. The supremacy clause only pertains to CONSTITUTIONALY ASCRIBED POWERS. It does not give the federal government the power to do as it pleases. ALL treaties and laws still apply and so does state sovereignty. If the government wants to pass unconstitutional laws, the supremacy clause DOES NOT APPLY.

The purpose of the supremacy clause is to protect federal constitutionaly granted powers that ALREADY exist. Not grant new ones or overturn state authority within its own borders.

The federal government only has jurisdiction in DC. PERIOD.

They know this though, and now so do you.

edit on 15-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by eXia7

Texas is right in doing this. The supremacy clause only pertains to CONSTITUTIONALY ASCRIBED POWERS. It does not give the federal government the power to do as it pleases. ALL treaties and laws still apply and so does state sovereignty. If the government wants to pass unconstitutional laws, the supremacy clause DOES NOT APPLY.

The purpose of the supremacy clause is to protect federal constitutionaly granted powers that ALREADY exist. Not grant new ones or overturn state authority within its own borders.

The federal government only has jurisdiction in DC. PERIOD.

They know this though, and now so do you.

edit on 15-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

Thanks for adding that, it's a good after thought, and you worded it perfectly. and Texas is doing the right thing to keep the feds from eroding constitutional freedoms with an unconstitutional approach.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Why stop there?
Just make open carry legal.
In fact make it mandatory that every single adult over 18 must carry a weapon on him/her at all times.
Got a truck? You must have a gun rack with a rifle on it.

edit on 16-1-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

reply to post by eXia7

Never been to Texas, have you? This is a Texas State Legislator who will introduce a bill to nullify any Federal gun control laws. Most bills never make it out of committee, but this one has potential because a whole lot of Texans feel the same way. if it passes, along with similar proposed legislation in Montana, Wyoming, Tennessee, and elsewhere, then we may have an interesting situation.

edit on 1/15/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

Yeah, real interesting.

Like North and South Korea.

edit on 16-1-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Actually, this is North and South Korea:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

My point exactly.

Guess which half is more liberal and progressive?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by eXia7

Why stop there?
Just make open carry legal.
In fact make it mandatory that every single adult over 18 must carry a weapon on him/her at all times.
Got a truck? You must have a gun rack with a rifle on it.

edit on 16-1-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

they should...maybe people would learn to be more civil to one another.....let darwin sort em out. people USED to respect one another....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

reply to post by schuyler

My point exactly.

Guess which half is more liberal and progressive?

You are seriously suggesting Texas is NOT successful? Compared to what, Michigan? Being "more liberal and progressive" may show your agenda, but they are not positive traits. I was thinking Texas looked more like South Korea and places like New York, California, and Washington looked more like North Korea. South Korea is the way it is because of capitalism and individual freedom. North Korea is the way it is because it is a communist dictatorship that allows no personal freedom and is correspondingly unproductive, very close to hell on Earth. Of course, if you are there you are directed and compelled to insist it is a paradise.

In terms of personal freedom and freedom from governmental intrusion, excessive taxes and excessive regulations, Texas is right at the top of the list and "progressive liberal" places like New York, Chicago, and California are right at the bottom. To the point of this thread I hope Texas actually follows through with this bill and that other states will follow.

new topics

top topics

join