It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't abortion murder?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

it is my personal belief that life starts the moment the egg is fertilised.

I suppose next time I'm having bacon and eggs for breakfast, I'll ask the egg if it wants to be fried or boiled?
Just out of respect.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pathwalker777

I have been thinking the same thing lately,though abortion is something im against.Im not sorry that i had my (all planned) children,but i can certainly understand your point of view.I would say contraception should be the answer though,instead of abortion.Except in the case of rape or a dire medical emergency during a planned pregnancy,with all the contraceptives available these days,i find it outrageous that women in general, even find themselves in the predicament of needing an abortion.I can only ascribe it to laziness, apathy,or not valueing themselves and the sanctity of life enough.If women used the available preventative measures,there would'nt even be a need for the sad,ugly thing that abortion is.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ParaSpy2012

Thats what i believe.You don't have to.So have your egg,or dont.For the record,i was talking about a HUMAN life.I assume you're trying to make me out to be a hypocrite,because im not defending the rights of livestock.Do you see humans as edible livestock provided by nature for consumption? Unless you do,there's no comparison.Ever ate a vegetable,or had lettuce on a cheeseburger? Well,plants are living things too,and starts of as infant plants.Do you live on water alone?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Well then you don't really care about the sanctity of life.
I'll leave it at that. I'm glad people like you aren't in charge of making these decisions.
Abortion is not murder, look it up. It's not about what YOU feel about it.

Why don't you take a woman's egg out of her womb and ask it a question? Or see if it reacts to your movements?

Plus, a lot of women haven't got a choice. Like women who've been through a rape. Most contraceptive methods are dangerous for women also, and can lead to further problems like not being able to have a child....

Your arguing something based on YOUR personal beliefs. This has been studied by scientists.

There's no point in arguing, your wrong, just accept it and move along.
Good bye.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Well yea i am a guy but if i could get pregnet and i did not want to. I would not risk it. I would make sure i could not get that way. I would be totaly worried about it. I would be on depo. Utill i was ready. So yea in a since risking getting pregent is the same as playing a fair game of russian roulette.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ParaSpy2012

Don't tell me to move along,im not your roustabout. Whether im wrong or not,you're correct in stating that there's no use me and you carrying on bickering about this,anyway.Good day.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParaSpy2012

Well then you don't really care about the sanctity of life.
I'll leave it at that. I'm glad people like you aren't in charge of making these decisions.
Abortion is not murder, look it up. It's not about what YOU feel about it.

Why don't you take a woman's egg out of her womb and ask it a question? Or see if it reacts to your movements?

Plus, a lot of women haven't got a choice. Like women who've been through a rape. Most contraceptive methods are dangerous for women also, and can lead to further problems like not being able to have a child....

Your arguing something based on YOUR personal beliefs. This has been studied by scientists.

There's no point in arguing, your wrong, just accept it and move along.
Good bye.

That is faulty reasoning. A chicken egg meant for consumption is NOT fertilized, is it? It therefore is not a baby chicken and can never be a baby chick. Do we forget what must occur to make a baby? The sperm fertilises the egg. How you then can compare the two in order to justify your position is symptomatic of faulty reasoning based on your desires to have abortion defined as anything but murder.

Women haven't got a choice? Of course they do - don't have sex unless you are prepared to accept the baby that may be produced! Geez, we are not dogs that hump a leg, are we? Are we not humans who have a will and conscious that should be able to conclude that murdering babies is a greater evil than abstaining from sex? How has man therefore flipped it around in their own minds? That murdering a baby is less of an evil than abstaining from the very sex that puts us in that situation? It truly is the mind of the beast - our desires for sex are so aroused and become so dominant over what we know to be right - NOT murdering. Those very desires are used to justify our reasoning. Those very desires want to be expressed come hell or high water and if we give into them, we arrive at today whereby a person can actually convince themselves of a lie (that abortion is not deliberate murder) when ALL evidence is to the contrary.

"Abortion is not murder, look it up." Look it up where? From pro-abortionists and those who hold no sanctity of life? From those who define a baby as a "lump of cells" even though it has tiny arms and legs and has a beating heart and a little face? Or from your Creator who gives you that life? From the very Creator that states all firstborns are HIS, yet the deluded individuals are being deceived into slaughtering all of HIS CHILDREN? Which order of child is murdered routinely by women through abortion? Their firstborn. We are right back to the days of Moses in Egypt and the days of Jesus. Firstborns being killed. And yet, we delude ourselves in our deceptions because our deeds are evil and wicked.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

A chicken egg meant for consumption is NOT fertilized, is it?

I think some of them are, if they come from free range farms. It is still edible just fine because the embryo will not develop if the egg is not kept in warm.

Anyway, Id say fertilised egg is still an egg, not a chicken!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlowinSmoke
It isn't murder because it's big business. All part of population control and nothing to do with the "right to choose". It's also just another excuse for "humans" not to be RESPONSIBLE for their actions. We can also make the same case for the homosexual agenda.

And you'd sound equally as ignorant and adolescent.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

So with just rape, incest and the life of the mother, that would be around 6,500,000 abortions and you would save 43,500,000 lives.

Oh, just what we need,

43,500,000 children who grow up completely unwanted and not cared for.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Easy answer, people like to create "gray" areas in order to make themselves feel better. Fact of the matter is, regardless of how much protesting, screaming of mantras, and legislation passed, the abortionist's conscience will never be silenced. You can play all the word games and call it a potential human, or a tough choice, or even a right, but deep down you know you have murdered another human.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

According to the Bible, a rebellious child should be stoned to death. How about overturning that one?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

Depends on what part of the usa your in. But from places i have seen there already here

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

It's very simple:
1 Timothy 4:1 says:
The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Psalm 106:37-39
37 Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils,
38 And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.
39 Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions.

According to Aleister Crowley who helped to develop formal satanic practices, a infant male child sacrificed while still inside the "woman altar" is the highest altar and the highest sacrifice.

1 Corinthians 6:19
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

John 8:44
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 John 3:8
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Do not be deceived, it is what it is, Murder of the innocent.
I hope this helps understanding. There are so much scripture that describes the evil inventions of demons. Perhaps that's one reason God's Word is so hated in these days, the deceptions are fully exposed.

That's why we must read the scripture and ask God to reveal the truth to you (he will) rather than listening/trusting others as you well know by now the world is saturated with deceiving spirits.

James 4:4
4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

God bless
edit on 16-1-2013 by OldSchoolMom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

If you get old testament on us. Then i am sure 99% of us should of been stoned to death or something barbarbric by now. Well crap i would of never made it into my teens for sure

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
reply to post by trysts

But how can a women abort a baby without consent of the man. If a women can make a baby by herself sure she can do whatever but the man also contributed to the life. Women will say "it's my body" but I'll argue it's half my baby. I think abortion is murder but I also know that there are too many starving people on this planet. I will just let murders murder if I can't stop it and they will have to answer to their god for their actions. If they never wanted a child for what ever reason then they shouldn't have sex. If I go to the store and take home a free puppy and then decide later I never wanted it does that mean I can just kill it? People will say a fetus isn't a life because they will find any excuse to make them feel better about ending a life.

If a fetus is allowed to grow to full term it will be a live crying baby so how is a 1 day old baby =/= a 40 week old baby?

If the man is a close friend of mine then I will make him apart of the decision. But I'm not going to be used as a vessel for a man's aspirations. It is my decision. The decision to abort is either getting rid of some thing inside me, or killing a part of me. You can debate all you wish about it, but ultimately it's not anyone's decision but my own. I think any law requiring me to carry a conception to birth is a crime against women.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Has it been mentioned yet that if a murderer shoots and kills a pregnant woman the perpetrator of the crime is doubly charged unless the child is saved through surgery or otherwise. Now why is that?

C'mon now - let's hear from all of you out there who claim that the child that lives within the mother is not a human person, but merely a blob of useless non-living flesh - and believe me that's what the abortionists actually claim.

To even make such a claim is a sign of an extremely low level of intelligence - it defies common sense on all levels of human understanding.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Itaska because: none

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

your long answer can be whittled down to...
the fetus does not have a 'Born On' date

all legal entities have a 'birth', be the entities corporations or humans

and in response to the post above mine...[paraphrase] pregnant woman & baby dies= 2 murders[/]

the pregnant woman is the legal party...and had full intentions of birthing the baby...thus 2 lives were taken, but only one legal entity was denied their civil rights, both to live themselves and to birth the baby
edit on 16-1-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I do not believe it is murder until the fetus is self aware! When the fetus reaches the point of being self aware we cross a line. The only thing is it is hard to determine when that is because every baby develops a little different.

That would be my two cents on the subject!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParaSpy2012
In another thread, which was funny, called "you know you've spent too much time on ATS when...."
A member posted the best comment for me which was; "you know you've spent too much time on ATS, when you're arguing for three pages and you realize you don't bloody know what you're talking about".

Abortion is not murder - fact.
Women's right to choose - fact.

Most of you are either 15 years old or haven't got kids. I've read every comment on this thread and seriously, it's made me laugh.

It makes me laugh at how your saying there is no big deal when millions of lives get tossed away, with just as much potential as anyone. But sadly, there are too many people who have decided there is nothing wrong with a taking a life, since of course, a mother is allowed to kill of something she consented in creating.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join