Why isn't abortion murder?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

Contraception fails all the time. If a woman using contraception becomes pregnant she has a legal right to terminate that unplanned pregnancy. There is no way it should be legal to stop her from doing so within a reasonable time frame, from the time she was first informed of the said pregnancy.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

How about do not have sex unless you are ready to have a kid. Do you know what the purpose of sex is... It's to make kids. Why have sex if you are not ready to bare the responsibility of a kid. Don't blame the kid because of your irresponsibility. Oh sex is more important than possibly killing your offspring because you're too immature to take care of your creation? Why plant the seed if you never plan to water the garden? Why plant the seed in the desert just because you think it wont grow. Every life is a gift from god and to this earth. Trust me the child would rather be born then adopted than dead.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

NO, sex isn't all about having kids. It a biological urge. It's an expression of love and of the human need for physical intimacy and affection.

Sex is important to mental health and it's fun. It's a form of entertainment.

Sex is important for biological health as well.
Masturbating may protect against prostate cancer
Not just good, but good for you

Honestly you sound like a puritan who thinks that sex should be performed by women as a duty, to have children, and any other reason is a sin.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
People have there rights, and I tend to stay awake from this topic at hand. I however would never have an abortion, but I believe people should have a choice to decide and it's non of mine or anyone else's business.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
reply to post by windword

How about do not have sex unless you are ready to have a kid. Do you know what the purpose of sex is... It's to make kids. Why have sex if you are not ready to bare the responsibility of a kid. Don't blame the kid because of your irresponsibility. Oh sex is more important than possibly killing your offspring because you're too immature to take care of your creation? Why plant the seed if you never plan to water the garden? Why plant the seed in the desert just because you think it wont grow. Every life is a gift from god and to this earth. Trust me the child would rather be born then adopted than dead.

Please tell me you are joking...
I have had sex more times and with more girls I can count, but not ONCE did I ever think, I hope we get a baby. Sex is a good feeling and sensation, you should try it sometime. Kids are just a horrible byproduct of sex that should be avoided at all costs.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

What pisses me off more is that Women have sole rights on the decision, yet 2 people needed to make the baby.

Man wants Baby, Women Don't = Men Lose.

Man Do Not want the baby, Women Want = Men Lose.

This is the current law. A disgustingly biased system.
edit on 1/15/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

I can't believe I'm about to post on an abortion thread. I'm sure I'll regret this.

I think I could have agreed with your viewpoint in the past, but after living through my wive's pregnancy, labor/birthing, and subsequent child rearing I can honestly say that women have every right to the power they are granted.

Men simply cannot understand the relationship between a mother and her baby (or soon to be baby). And I would say because of this fact, any legislation concerning women and pregnancy should be the sole concern of women.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

I will answer this question with another question - why isn't the killing of people in war murder? It is the same paradigm where the context is what is the focus and not the act. Why isn't the killing of an animal called murder? It is all the same - taking a living breathing sentient being and taking their life from them - without their consent.

Abortion is only different in that the foetus is not an independent living sentient being until it is born and has the umbilical cord cut. I believe in legal terms - so many weeks after gestation the developing Child is considered to have the rights of a citizen - not sure on that one. Legal terms could vary from country to country as well.

Abortion may be deemed murder by some people but I subscribe to the fact that we live in a less than healthy balanced society and some Children are born into misery and never know a proper Childhood let alone life and because of that - I support the right of a woman to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. It may be wrong but forcing an unwanted Child into life is wrong as well. Just my point of view and I fully respect that other people have differing views to mine.

Much Peace...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
As I mentioned before in another recent thread, abortion is murder when done past a certain point. I.e When the fetus is viable, &/or when the brain is developed. The most disgusting type of abortion is partial-birth, but I consider late-term ones in general to be murder (medical issues excluded).

I've talked to women that think until the second the baby comes out of them, it's nothing more than a parasitic lump of cells with zero right to live. Really a disgusting & twisted mindset right there.

People who think aborting is murder when the embryo is barely developed... have no grounds at all. To be logically consistent it would have to have a brain before a consciousness could even begin to manifest. So that's where I draw the line.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87

Originally posted by DENBY
IMO -
I am anti-abortion & pro-choice.

FACT -
The 'Law of the Jungle' dictates that the Mother has the right/power to decide the fate of Her Offspring.

Until the male lion kills the cubs of another male and the lioness lets him.

As you say ...the Lioness LETS him.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If abortion is murder than every woman kills every month

And every man commits genocide 1-5 times a day.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

You sir are a Stud.

Wait till your 51, 1 act of Genocide a day , is a Good Day.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

You said the fertilized egg was human

It's not a human, it's two human cells.

Hairs are living human cells. If a woman plucks her eyebrows is that mass murder?? It makes about as much sense as calling an egg a person.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Ban Abortion!
Stop Food Stamps!

Let's see what happens.....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

You sir are a Stud.

Wait till your 51, 1 act of Genocide a day , is a Good Day.

That's why us young'uns have to strike while the iron is hot.
I thank you for your service

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Although I find the idea of Abortion distasteful...it is not a question of whether a developing fetus is alive...it is...but it is not sentient until after a certain amount of time in the womb.

Many things are alive...the Blood Cells when we donate blood are all independent lifeforms...single celled organisms. So are plant cells and a carrot is just as alive as the fertilized egg cell in the womb...but neither of these are sentient.

The right for a woman to choose is the LAW and in my opinion it is a good law. The number of abortions could be dramatically reduced if methods such as the Morning After Pill and Plan B were made easily available to all females. These methods do not allow a fertilized egg to implant itself into the uterine wall thus it never achieves sentience.

This method of Birth Control is a far better way to prevent a baby than a late term abortion. Sadly some people of self proclaimed morality cannot see their way to understanding the wisdom of this as NO ONE will ever be able to prevent a woman who does not want to be pregnant from terminating her pregnancy. To think changing the law on abortions legality will do this is ignorant.

If some of us can understand that a fertilized egg that has never been allowed to implant itself into the uterine wall is not much different than the Millions of Fertilized Eggs destroyed at Fertility Clinics or even much different than a persons cells removed in a Biopsy...we may be able to find a solution that is much better then an Abortion.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You realize it's not one or the other?? There needs to be a rational balance in between. Not all abortions are murder, but some are.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Its not murder because , money is made by the mega powerful, who rely on their continuation of power , by virtue of the maintaining of abortion numbers.
Death of the unborn= profit.
SIMPLE.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

You realize it's not one or the other?? There needs to be a rational balance in between. Not all abortions are murder, but some are.

Yeah post-natal abortions are murder, that is a fact.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Ban Abortion!
Stop Food Stamps!

Let's see what happens.....
Probably the MOST Hypocritical Post Ive seen in MONTHS.

First you want to take some sort of "higher ground " and save lives by Banning Abortion.

Secondly you want to Take Lives, by Stopping Food Stamps, letting them Starve.

Genius

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
According to teachings of Islam , the body is not a human unless 4 months are passed since the meeting. Because the soul is not blown in the body before 4 months.

After 4 month it is a murder.

And who ever who kills a pregnant woman with more than 4 age , heshe should pay two Dia to his related one.
edit on 16-1-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join