It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which religion is the right religion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Well as long as we keep a check on our sinful passions, desiring to please and love God in everything we do, then satan is restrained by God's love for us and our own love for God.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Well if you ever choose to read the Gospel then you will catch a glimpse of God's thought and love.

Is making baseless assumptions a part of that Gospel?

I've read them. Read ones that weren't including in the Bible as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Well then my next presumption is that you have ignored the Spirit which speaks through the Gospel, because the Life of the Gospel and the words therein speak of God's Thought, The Religion of Virtue.
edit on 14-1-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2013 by backcase because: mispelling

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Sure.

Ignored.

That must be it.

I am too spiritually dense and or evil to have been worthy of it's loving embrace.

Oh well. I suppose there is sufficient study time in Hell to "get it".

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
I see no evidence to believe any of them are true representations of a Creator's mind.

I've read them. Read ones that weren't including in the Bible as well.

God left some pretty massive fingerprints if you LOOK for them...

The laws of probability PROVE that the Bible is a supernatural work.

The chances of just 48 out of the 456 prophecies being fulfilled in one person are 1 in 10 to the 157 power.

That's — 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,

"All this illustrates why it is absolutely impossible for anyone to have fulfilled the Messianic prophecies by chance. In fact, a leading authority on the probability theory, Emile Borel states that once we go past one chance in 10 to the 50th power, the probabilities are so small it's impossible to think they will ever occur."

LINK

"...once we go past one chance in 10 to the 50th power, the probabilities are so small it's impossible to think they will ever occur....Mathematicians generally agree that, statistically, any odds beyond 1 in 1050 have a zero probability of ever happening.... This is Borel's law in action which was derived by mathematician Emil Borel....

Here is one last illustration of the immensity of the number 10 to the 157th power and why the science of probability shows we are dealing with the miraculous… Imagine one ant traveling at the speed of only one inch every 15 billion years. If he could only carry one atom at a time, how many atoms could he move in 10 to the 157th power of years?

He would, even at that incredibly slow speed, be able to move all the atoms in 600,000 trillion trillion trillion trillion universes the size for our universe, a distance of 30 billion light years! Again, by the laws of probability, all of this means that it is simply impossible for 48 prophecies to be fulfilled by chance. LINK

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

God left some pretty massive fingerprints if you LOOK for them...

It's just absurd how presumptuous some people are.

As if the only rational reason someone could reject the truthfulness of religion is due to a lack of reading.

I study religion, metaphysics, and spirituality. If you look at my post history you will see I am not unfamiliar.

Anyhoot.

There is a HUGE divide between evidence for a creator and evidence we have knowledge of that creator's mind.

Religious people will use, justifiably, philosophical arguments for the basis of God belief. But when pressed for why they chose their particular religion over another it almost always comes down to nothing more than faith.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Not at all, my words do not mean to condemn, but to question, to jest, so that you may show some spiritual ardor.

Look, God loves and wants to help all people and that is why the Gospel exists. He wants you to love Him as a Father, and He wants to love you as a son which finds no love in any place where is sorrowful eyes fall.

What I was trying to do was to show you your own incredulity. You probably are not even aware of the state of your spirit as the world gluts people to the extent that they cannot hold a tiny beam of Divine Light. But Christ came to shine and show God's Light so that you may become familiar with it.

Do not become dismayed by my words which I wrote to you, because I am a sinner the worst of them all. Because God shows me such great Light and I follow It too slowly. Forgive me.

But do not think that the Gospel convicts you because it gives and sows love for everyone, the Vituous, the lost, and the condemned by men

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

because I am a sinner the worst of them all

Well that's where we differ. I am a great person. Quite moral. And compassionate. My deeds in life have always demonstrated this.

But if in your eyes you believe being the worst sinner of all makes you better than me simply because I don't have that particular divine spark you speak of... quite frankly I think you're being deceived.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

It's just absurd how presumptuous some people are.

As if the only rational reason someone could reject the truthfulness of religion is due to a lack of reading.

I study religion, metaphysics, and spirituality. If you look at my post history you will see I am not unfamiliar.

Anyhoot.

There is a HUGE divide between evidence for a creator and evidence we have knowledge of that creator's mind.

Religious people will use, justifiably, philosophical arguments for the basis of God belief. But when pressed for why they chose their particular religion over another it almost always comes down to nothing more than faith.

The absolute IRONY...

Your reply is nothing BUT presumptuous.

I study religion...

There's your FIRST mistake if you after truth, God and religion have NOTHING in common.

I am NOT "Religious people"...

I despise religion and everything that is behind it.

I am someone that speaks from EXPERIENCE.

Sounds like you have religion and truth confused.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

"Pride is the stool upon which one sits and receives lessons from Satan".

I am a sinner because I do what is contrary to my conscience very often, and I very often judge people. I will admit my fault and say that no one is good but God.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid-

There's your FIRST mistake if you after truth, God and religion have NOTHING in common.

In fact I am saying God and religion are not connected objectively. But of course they do have lots in common insofar as religions go (whether unfounded or not)....

I am NOT "Religious people"...

I despise religion and everything that is behind it.

Pardon me. But when someone tells me a particular Bible is proven true I don't think it's presumptuous at all to think said person belongs to that particular religion. If I am mistaken, okay. That's confusing.

I am someone that speaks from EXPERIENCE.

Sounds like you have religion and truth confused.

And I speak from something other than experience? Are you suggesting I am a transcendent being separate from human experience?

You're going to have to present an actual argument for why I have "religion and truth confused". As it stands, I don't even understand what that implies.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

So since I didn't bring myself to your level of sin you respond with pride being my sin. Sounds about right

I have great pride in myself. Again, I will repent in Hell I suppose.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The right religion is the one where you talk directly to your god without the middlemen. In other words, you don't need a religion.

God hears you. All the time. Everywhere.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Actually I was approaching my own sin. We should be the first to accuse ourselves of sin. No one is perfect but God, I will say so again.

I was not accusing you, but myself.
You are falsely accusing me, use the rest of what i said in your quote.

We should be the first to judge ourselves so that we may be prepared for judgement.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

It is true that God hears us always but we can use and help others in achieving Heaven, as God is not only for us.

Love your God with all your mind, body, and soul is the first commandment.
Love your neighbor as yourself is the second.

You can be sure that it is of great importance to love others and not God only.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

So since I didn't bring myself to your level of sin you respond with pride being my sin. Sounds about right

I have great pride in myself. Again, I will repent in Hell I suppose.

No you have that wrong. It is only when you repent that you may be free from hell.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

What ever religion fits your life style... Mine is Jediism.....lol..... Yeah...
When everyone is happy your happy when your happy hopefully everyone around you becomes happy.... Lol

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I don't think it's for me to tell anyone how to talk to their god or how to practice their faith and I don't think anyone else should either.

We are what we are and we will reap the consequences of whatever that may be.

All I ask is to be left in peace to live my life to talk to my god in my way and I will leave you in peace to do the same.

I think that's fair.
edit on 1/14/13 by Obsrvr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You are falsely accusing me

Of what?

We should be the first to judge ourselves so that we may be prepared for judgement.

I judge myself and others all the time. Judgement. That's not something owned by the religious. I use it to better myself. I don't need to add the fear of Hell, or the fear of not receiving Biblical god's love, in order to enrich my life. I hope there is a God, and I hope that God does judge me. So far I am doing pretty well in the 'goodness' department. I'm not afraid. I don't believe the creator of existence wrote or influenced the Bible, or any.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

No you have that wrong. It is only when you repent that you may be free from hell.

I think you misread what I wrote.

But anyways. I don't believe in the validity of the source you draw that belief from. In other words, I was being humorous. I don't have any concern about hell. I am sorry you do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join