It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which religion is the right religion?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Mine is

PROOF
edit on 14-1-2013 by cody599 because: usual crap typing

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Mine is

PROOF

a quote from your PROOF

Or that one night stand after a few too many etc. etc. etc.

is that love? Or another L word? Umm.. LUST!!
Thats what happens when one emotion is blow out of proportion.
I am not saying love is bad. Its great. But love without a balance in it can be even toxic.
Over protective parents,
Obsessive love etc.
The only thing you do is mention LOVE to glorify it but other things that are also balancing it are conviniently missed to be mentioned. Love cannot superceed JUSTICE unless the victim shows FORGIVENESS. LOVE cannot be higher than TRUTH. Have to stand for truth even against a loved one.
edit on 14-1-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Why do I have to be anything other than human to love my fellow humans? I pity people who feel they need to have a label attached to them, otherwise they will lose their identity.

A speculation from my part:
It is because inside there is an uncertainty that they might be wrong. And that is why people who are not one with whatever we call it missionaries their view of what is. If I am going to hell all other people are going with me if they believe the same as me. If everybody is the same good/bad then I will not be single out. I think god or whatever you will call it care less about the quantity and more about quality.

All souls get it sooner or later. It is only a matter of time.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

Mine is

PROOF

a quote from your PROOF

Or that one night stand after a few too many etc. etc. etc.

is that love? Or another L word? Umm.. LUST!!
Thats what happens when one emotion is blow out of proportion.
I am not saying love is bad. Its great. But love without a balance in it can be even toxic.
Over protective parents,
Obsessive love etc.
The only thing you do is mention LOVE to glorify it but other things that are also balancing it are conviniently missed to be mentioned. Love cannot superceed JUSTICE unless the victim shows FORGIVENESS. LOVE cannot be higher than TRUTH. Have to stand for truth even against a loved one.
edit on 14-1-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

Regardless the mother had the love for her child to go through pregnancy, possible ridicule,possible poverty.
Nothing could stop this love from being.
Before the abortion arguement kicks in Well they wern't born at all never mind of love

edit on 14-1-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
whichever religion you have. the one that you have with certainty
edit on 14-1-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Regardless the mother had the love for her child to go through pregnancy, possible ridicule,possible poverty. Nothing could stop this love from being.

a Mother will always love her baby even unborn no matter from where/whom the sperm came. But should she love the rapist too??!!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Any religion that sees itself as the right religion is, by default, wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

It is always good to love people regardless of who they are, where they come from, or what religion they practice.

I see only three Religions and a bunch of man made groups. The three religions are Love, Hatred, and ignorance. Ignorance is not a practicable religion, but it is a slight fault.

If the religion of love aims at becoming spiritual, good, and holy which do you think a man should choose, providing that the ignorant have not experienced a self awareness of either one of the two?

I am not including man made religion, because there are good and bad people in every one of those just as there is in every country. I am speaking solely of the spiritual cult.

But I get what you mean, as those of the correct religion should be humble... if that is what you mean.
edit on 14-1-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by logical7

Love is infinite and cannot be blown out of proportion. Blessed are those who act out of love.

not out of proportion? You are proving what i say right in your 1st statement.
If love is infinite and also unconditional then it simply means that Jesus pbuh is not the only way. And everyone will be treated with love at the end. And if there is a catch then the "love is infinite" is just lip service.

Jesus is not the only way, but every way leads to Him. Everyone IS treated with love by God but many choose not to accept it.

P.S. would you consider that a catch? You will see, logical, that body of Christ contained the Holy of Holies whether you live or die without knowing it.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Jesus is not the only way, but every way leads to Him. Everyone IS treated with love by God but many choose not to accept it. P.S. would you consider that a catch? You will see, logical, that body of Christ contained the Holy of Holies whether you live or die without knowing it.

i dont believe in Jesus pbuh as god, i admire him, love his teachings, also know that he is The Christ. I do believe in God. But absolutely reject any partners with Him. Am i doomed?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

It is always good to love people regardless of who they are, where they come from, or what religion they practice.

I see only three Religions and a bunch of man made groups. The three religions are Love, Hatred, and ignorance. Ignorance is not a practicable religion, but it is a slight fault.

If religion aims at becoming spiritual, good, and holy which do you think a man should choose, providing that the ignorant have not experienced a self awareness of either one of the two?

I am not including man made religion, because there are good and bad people in every one of those just as there is in every country. I am speaking solely of the spiritual cult.

The religion of ignorance; I enjoy the idea. I would have to say, from my observations, that the religion of ignorance has the most adherents.

In my opinion, any religion that strives for the spiritual or holy is ignorant and indeed a cult, for this striving is a quest for the unattainable and unnecessary. Searching for something that cannot be found, destroying what's real for the unreal, and deceiving others into doing the same seems to be the modus operandi of these cults.

But I get what you mean, as those of the correct religion should be humble... if that is what you mean.

This isn't what I meant. No religion knows itself correct. Therefore, to say otherwise is at best a mistake, and at worst, a lie.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Jesus is not the only way, but every way leads to Him. Everyone IS treated with love by God but many choose not to accept it. P.S. would you consider that a catch? You will see, logical, that body of Christ contained the Holy of Holies whether you live or die without knowing it.

i dont believe in Jesus pbuh as god, i admire him, love his teachings, also know that he is The Christ. I do believe in God. But absolutely reject any partners with Him. Am i doomed?

I would never call anyone doomed because I am not God and cannot judge perfectly.

If you love like Jesus and you love Him then Jesus is with you. God takes into account your entire life and all the virtue you have chosen to cultivate. Remember, Jesus said: "Whoever is not against us is for us."

But why focus on disproving my love, when you can give glory to God through your own love. Show your love for God, and not what God may be against. Because anyone who simply makes actions and speaks words out of love intends to do what pleases God.

Ant trust me, that intention pleases Him.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by cody599

Regardless the mother had the love for her child to go through pregnancy, possible ridicule,possible poverty. Nothing could stop this love from being.

a Mother will always love her baby even unborn no matter from where/whom the sperm came. But should she love the rapist too??!!

I do wish people would read carefully,
I in no way shape or form ever have or would suggested that. Quite the opposite.

Please go back and reread.
Thanks
Cody

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

"In my opinion, any religion that strives for the spiritual or holy is ignorant and indeed a cult, for this striving is a quest for the unattainable and unnecessary. Searching for something that cannot be found, destroying what's real for the unreal, and deceiving others into doing the same seems to be the modus operandi of these cults."

By "cult" I meant culture, and not the common misunderstanding of the root word.

The correctness of your statement is to a certain extent, as you are right in saying "for this striving is a quest for the unattainable". God only is good, and we will never achieve such goodness as we are imperfect men. That is why I recognize that the good which is in me is not mine but comes from God.

Our "modus operandi" in the Church of Virtue is to love God, and it just so happens that God shows us to love others and, being grateful to God and seeking His glory, we want others to love God.

How we are elected to the Church is a sublime mystery to me, as I am a sinner. But I found comfort in God's Mercy and words, and as I still sin I trust that His mercy is infinite and unfailing. It is not a lie, it is faith.

I do not see what is so deceptive in choosing to love God and love others in Him. I think it is beautiful that He shows to sinners His glory and turns them to good men. Sadly, some reject the Light to proceed to live in darkness, and their conscience will always tell them how once the sun has risen, no place will be left to hide.

And even at that point some who still live in darkness will embrace God, and He will embrace them as His mercy is infinite.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
IF WE could ALL KNOW we are spirit beings living in a body, are loved unconditionally no matter what, we would live in better harmony than we do know. The flow of our sociological society is so warped with me me me its hard to see our self in a light where we truly are. Not to mention we cannot understand others and their personalities either.

We have come so far, yet have so much further to go as a species living in free will.

In order to have free will there has to be "evil".

Evil is not from a devil or some place called hell.... evil is what helps us here on earth separate the ego from self at all times. This is "will".

Labels do us no good.

We are here to evolve spiritually.

We are always putting people and things in categories. You are this and I am this and I am better because of this this and that. See? Its not from spirit we do this but from the will in which we are here for.

We are all here to learn to love one another without ill will or ill willed intent. Unconditional love that is given to us by "God" is to be given to others. When you love others unconditionally you love yourself unconditionally and there is no need for judgement or labeling.

When we have all gotten this down pat.... we will evolve as a species again. Until then... lets make the best of it and teach others how to love unconditionally starting with our self.

All that a religion teaches you is great, if it helps you to love others unconditionally, if not, it is no good for your journey.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by cody599

I do wish people would read carefully,
I in no way shape or form ever have or would suggested that. Quite the opposite.

Please go back and reread.
Thanks
Cody

i read it carefully, you called the rapist a b@$tard.
Thats my point, Love for the innocent and the ones who deserve it but it should not just ignore/compromise justice and truth.
A balance and not just hymns about LOVE.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
went from religion to keeping a baby made from what happened in the pawnshop basement in pulp fiction but to a lady instead of ving rhames poor guy. i say eat the baby.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The "right religion"?... NONE!

Just follow these.. You need nobody between you and God!

Five Absolutes
Honesty
Unselfishness
Love
Purity
Forgiveness

Those are the essence of the teachings of Jesus, live by them as best you can.
That is all anyone needs.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SubSea

Love embodies every virtue. Christianity is a religion by the way.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

IF WE could ALL KNOW we are spirit beings living in a body,

No one is a spirit being living in a body. I suppose we could all PRETEND we are, but lying to ourselves can only get us so far. This mentality, that we are not responsible for anything that happens here, now, on this earth because we are nothing but wayward spirits locked in a physical flesh, is what is wrong with the world. Pretending we are spirits is the greatest injustice to all living things.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join