It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which religion is the right religion?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

And do you think that such is the thought of God?

Such an idea comes from the Gospel.

Do I believe it wasn't Albert Einstein, rather God working through him?

It's possible. I have more reason to think that's not the case.

I have more reason to think it's not the case with any bible or religious doctrine.

I have reason to believe reason is good.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Have I at least proved that I am a follower of the bible and Christ and not a follower of Christianity the religion.

No you have not.

They are the same.

You want to distance yourself from the title for your own personal reasons. If you follow the Christian Bible, believe the Bible to be authored by God, you belong to the Christian religion.

Yes there are as you said 30,000+ Christian denominations. They are all part of Christendom. You all disagree with each other apparently... but to people on the outside who don't have the belief in the veracity of any of the claims, we make no distinction between these groups. You are all Christians. You all fly under the same banner.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
They are the same.

They are NOT the same.

Religion is a LIE...

Religion was created to HIDE the truth from you about God.

Jesus OPPOSED religion and religious people hated Him.

What you THINK is Christianity is actually just religion.

Christianity HAS been infiltrated.

Satan is behind ALL false religions.

Religion is a form of mind control.

Religion and truth have very little in common.

This is what I meant when I said you have religion and truth confused.

"...religion keeps you from knowing God and keeps you blind as to what God is really like! Link

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by MamaJ

God does not change.

If we are children of Light, then why hide ourselves in darkness?

I did not say whether or not God changes. I can only speak for my growth here on Earth and I am ever changing and believe I will be ever changing for eternity.

You missed my point about "religion".

"The religious experience moves inevitably from the congregational worship toward an inward communion. No matter how desperately sects and creeds attempt to oppose the concept, religion finally becomes a personal, spiritual experience. Each person must find their own faith and must find it within. Religious systems may supply us with the instruments of this personal quest but cannot accomplish the quest for us." - Manly P. Hall

I do not choose to hide in darkness if that is what you are implying. I choose to grow and expand my "Christ Consciousness" or whatever you want to call it per your understanding.

Developing releases of inward potentials and becoming that which I know I am but have been conditioned to believe Im a "sinner" not good enough to enter the "gates of heaven".

Building a world of selfishness where there is no cooperating with one another is such a divider. Religion is a divider. They say "I have the answer and you don't", "Im saved and you aren't". Its a divider and seeks not to unite.

In my opinion is the complete opposite of what the Prince of Peace taught.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Have I at least proved that I am a follower of the bible and Christ and not a follower of Christianity the religion.

No you have not.

They are the same.

You want to distance yourself from the title for your own personal reasons. If you follow the Christian Bible, believe the Bible to be authored by God, you belong to the Christian religion.

Yes there are as you said 30,000+ Christian denominations. They are all part of Christendom. You all disagree with each other apparently... but to people on the outside who don't have the belief in the veracity of any of the claims, we make no distinction between these groups. You are all Christians. You all fly under the same banner.

I am not a Christian any more than you are. I am a man who believes in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. I have realized that it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks or believes. What matters is I believe that Jesus Christ is my lord and savior. It is through the book written about him that I was saved. By no other means could I have been saved. This is my truth. The world I see today is a much different world than I saw a few years ago. The only way I can explain this is Jesus Christ did what he promised through scripture. He came to me and freed me from my sin.

I understand why Christians have believed the interpretation they have received from the church, and I also understand why many people who believe in the message that Christ taught seem to find the truth in other religions.

Christ is one body, if the hand says to the body I don't need you it doesn't make it any less a part of the body. The truth is we are all part of one body. We buy what they sell. Until we stop the machine, stop buying what they sell, we will continue to fuel the fire of their greed. We will overcome together or we will die together. We are one body, traveling down the same path together. There is nothing that separates us except ourselves.

How many Christians have to die before they stop waiting for the messiah? He has given us the power to change now. We do not have to wait for him, we have to change ourselves today.

We have to convince the rulers that we the majority are in charge. We need to stop buying what they sell us, only when we take the money out of the system will they listen. We have to let go of the hate we have for each other. We must sit down and refuse their wars. Jesus said it is better to be in prison for the word of God than to continue to fight. Stop paying the temple tax you are sons and daughters, rather give freely and in abundance to all who have need.

Young men don't sign up for their wars, if they draft you tell them that Christ is your savior and force them to go another route.

Young women stop listening to the young men. I know it is in your nature to please your man. What they want from you is not from God. Make them love you first. Your body is God's most beautiful creation. Take ownership of the beauty god has given you and give yourself only to the man who loves you.

Young men, respect your women friends and love them enough to choose just one. Jesus said if you want to know love then do these things, these simple things, and I will teach all about love.

We can bring them down to our level. We can change. If we must collapse the world economy and bring the value of paper back down to the value of a tree, than that is what we will do. Until we collectively decide to do this we collectively continue to be the problem that fuels them.

Are you the fuel or will you put out the fire?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

We are conditioned at birth that we are sinners. This is because our forefathers believed this and handed down this dogma to us.

Christ says that we will sin, but that we were born to be Holy. Since our forefathers were unable to grab hold of this Holiness they assumed it was not possible. They had approached scripture purely from man's perspective. Anything that did not agree with man's perception needed "special interpretation".

There are so many verses that need "special interpretation" this is why many people stop believing in the bible the more they study it.

The truth is simple the bible was written for all men. When you come to a verse that needs "special interpretation" turn to God for the answer. If you still don't understand than trust that you will receive what you are ready for. And when time comes for you to fully understand you will need no more "special interpretation"

You will realize that what you needed was the spiritual interpretation that could only be brought by the Holy Spirit.

I believe that Grace and the Holy Spirit are free gifts. I do not need buy these free gives from a man who needs my money to eat. Rahter I should give to the man who really needs my money to eat, and then he will know that God is with me.

I am son and because of this the temple tax, tithing, does not apply to me. What does apply to me is to give as much to those in need as I can. In this way I will be a joyful giver.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

They are NOT the same.

Screaming is not a compelling argument.

You can say it's not but my point still stands.

If I claimed God does not exist, and I claimed I was not an atheist, it would be incorrect. I would be an atheist, that's what atheism means. Likewise someone that believes in the validity of a bible, and follows it, belongs to said religion. That's what it means. Your attempt at distancing yourself from the title based on having different interpretations of those religious texts does not negate that. If you believe in the religious doctrine, you're a religious person.

Religion is a LIE...

I thought my position on this was being made clear.

I am saying religion is a lie. Insofar as representations of God's mind. I am saying they came from human thought. Nothing more and nothing less.

Religion was created to HIDE the truth from you about God.

I think it hides the truth inadvertently by instilling false truths.

What religion did Jesus oppose then? Judaism?

The Tanakh is in the Christian Bible. *or at least enough to make the point*

You claim to support Jesus who opposes it. You claim it's PROVEN the WHOLE Bible is true which includes OT. You claim it's also a lie. I am sorry but you seem to be confusing yourself.

What you THINK is Christianity is actually just religion.

Christianity is religion. Christianity is based on a bible (now). I have not being arguing anything different.

Christianity HAS been infiltrated.

You're right it has. When the canon was chosen by men.

Back when Roman rule elected men to hold councils to select what texts would make it in the Bible and what wouldn't.

Oh I mean..... the whole Bible is true and God moved their hands in those selections....

Satan is behind ALL false religions.

I don't believe Satan exists. My deistic belief does not include the belief in an evil god intervening in our world.

I would ask why you choose to believe in Beelzebub and not the 'devils' of other religions. But I suppose I can expect the same answer as when I ask why a religious person believes in one god over the other. Only one version is true, and it's the one they believe in.

Religion is a form of mind control.

Religion and truth have very little in common.

edit on 17-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I am not a Christian any more than you are.

I would think you'd find that insulting.

Considering I don't believe the Bible is true like you do.

But whatever

You can avoid the title if you don't fancy it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

We are conditioned at birth that we are sinners.

And who is to thank for that? Religion.

The truth is simple the bible was written for all men.

The truth is simple in this case. It was written by men, for men. Quite literally 'for' men when you see how patriarchal it is.

When you come to a verse that needs "special interpretation" turn to God for the answer.

Describe the process.

If you still don't understand than trust that you will receive what you are ready for.

So nothing received....no answer. That's blind faith. Why not put trust in reason. And when reason doesn't present itself drop the belief. Regain the belief if at a later time reason presents itself.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

What religion did Jesus oppose then? Judaism?

Briefly, just have a minute before heading out...

Apologies for SCREAMING...

After seeing your question "What religion did Jesus oppose?" you got my curiosity going...

Still don't have an answer yet but...

I Googled it and I ran across two very fascinating blog posts about a viral YouTube video so I was glad you asked.

The two posts both talk about Jefferson Bethke's video: "Why I Hate Religion":

"And yet (you knew it was coming), amidst a lot of true things in this poem there is a lot that is unhelpful and misleading. This video is the sort of thing that many younger Christians love. It sounds good, looks good, and feels good. But is it true? That’s the question we must always ask."

What if I told you Jesus came to abolish religion
What if I told you voting republican really wasn’t his mission
What if I told you republican doesn’t automatically mean Christian
And just because you call some people blind
Doesn’t automatically give you vision

"Bethke’s opening line: “Jesus came to abolish religion.” That’s the whole point of the poem. The argument—and most poems are arguing for something—rests on the sharp distinction between religion on one side and Jesus on the other. Whether this argument is fair depends on your definition of religion. Bethke sees religion as a man made attempt to earn God’s favor. Religion equals self-righteousness, moral preening, and hypocrisy. Religion is all law and no gospel. If that’s religion, then Jesus is certainly against it."

Does Jesus Hate Religion? Kinda, Sorta, Not Really
Following Up on the Jesus/Religion Video

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The truth is simple in this case. It was written by men, for men.

The laws of probability have proved that to be completely impossible.

In other words: it is scientifically impossible...

The chances of just 48 out of the 456 prophecies being fulfilled in one person are 1 in 10 to the 157 power.

That's — 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,

"All this illustrates why it is absolutely impossible for anyone to have fulfilled the Messianic prophecies by chance. In fact, a leading authority on the probability theory, Emile Borel states that once we go past one chance in 10 to the 50th power, the probabilities are so small it's impossible to think they will ever occur."

LINK

"...once we go past one chance in 10 to the 50th power, the probabilities are so small it's impossible to think they will ever occur....Mathematicians generally agree that, statistically, any odds beyond 1 in 1050 have a zero probability of ever happening.... This is Borel's law in action which was derived by mathematician Emil Borel....

Here is one last illustration of the immensity of the number 10 to the 157th power and why the science of probability shows we are dealing with the miraculous… Imagine one ant traveling at the speed of only one inch every 15 billion years. If he could only carry one atom at a time, how many atoms could he move in 10 to the 157th power of years?

He would, even at that incredibly slow speed, be able to move all the atoms in 600,000 trillion trillion trillion trillion universes the size for our universe, a distance of 30 billion light years! Again, by the laws of probability, all of this means that it is simply impossible for 48 prophecies to be fulfilled by chance. LINK

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

We are conditioned at birth that we are sinners.

And who is to thank for that? Religion.

The truth is simple the bible was written for all men.

The truth is simple in this case. It was written by men, for men. Quite literally 'for' men when you see how patriarchal it is.

When you come to a verse that needs "special interpretation" turn to God for the answer.

Describe the process.

If you still don't understand than trust that you will receive what you are ready for.

So nothing received....no answer. That's blind faith. Why not put trust in reason. And when reason doesn't present itself drop the belief. Regain the belief if at a later time reason presents itself.

Look God said knowledge comes by faith, not by reason. If you have an issue with that take it up with him. Otherwise just do the things he says. It's not that hard.. The challenge to love everyone should not feel like a burden no matter who brings you the message.

And I will assume the rest of those questions are rhetorical.

edit on 17-1-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Look God said knowledge comes by faith, not by reason.

Correction. Biblical God described by your faith.

If you have an issue with that take it up with him.

I repeat the question for this.

Describe the process.

Otherwise just do the things he says. It's not that hard..

Now that line is quite appropriate for a conspiracy theorists forum!

This God rules with an iron fist. Don't question, just do it.

The challenge to love everyone should not feel like a burden no matter who brings you the message.

Agreed! We should embrace it and feel better by doing so! The entire world benefits! No matter where it comes from!

Again, I am not saying there isn't good things within religion. I am saying the bad ones should be discarded. But they are not....because they are believed to be infallible and divine. Which is a huge problem, there is lots of bad.

Additionally, a complete lack of evidence to show religion has divine origin. As you said tho "Look God said knowledge comes by faith, not by reason". You people are taught this and I think it's extremely dangerous thinking.

And I will assume the rest of those questions are rhetorical.

Take from it what you will

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Do you hear me? I don't care what you have "faith in".

I don't know how much plainer I can make it. There can be only one, it doesn't matter what you call it. And if you choose to be atheist, well at least believe in love. Christ will show any man the truth who pursues love. If you don't believe in Christ believe in Joy. Joy is the love of Christ that comes to a man when he does the right thing.

You want to argue semantics. God/Love, Jesus/Joy, Holy Spirit/the underlying force that pulls us to love. Evolution/Creation, none of that garbage matters. They are just words unless there is meaning behind them.
It doesn't matter as long as you recognize that these things exist. And that you pursue the joy that comes from being a servant over the joy of being a slave. You have two choices serve love or be addicted to your desires. Weather those addictions are sex, drugs, alcohol, it doesn’t matter. Whatever the addictions are you will be bound to them. Unless you choose to serve love.

Serve Love, that is what the bible says. It doesn’t really say anything else. It is a guide for the blind.

It teaches us how to serve love. Not all are born blind, but I was. You see whatever name you know it by is for you. I know it by Christ. But if anyone doesn't know it I can show them the way. They must enter through the door themselves, but I can put their hand on the doorknob. Heck maybe I can even help hold it there through prayer for as long as they don't let go.

You do realize that some of the detail in my posts are for Christians who need to read this as well as for anyone who is searching. If you're not searching than you should be able to see what message is for you. Stop judging me, I am not judging you. Just read it with an open mind. I'm not against you.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

The process of speaking to God? It is a spiritual thing that we all are born to be able to do. We are all born with the knowledge of love, and we all know that world peace is what is best, and we all know that world peace starts with the man in the mirror.

So the first step is to acknowledge the man in the mirror needs to change, Repent.

The second step is to do some of the things he said. Prove you love him, do something. Become more charitable, read the bible, turn the other cheek, serve your family. If you will do some of these things, knowledge that fills you with love will come to you. The path to love is love. If you're struggling to understand love, realize you need to change.

The third step pursue him, I listened to the bible, something I highly recommend. But none the less pursue love and do the things he did. When you have learned enough and have proven your faith through your actions you become a son. This is what the bible calls being born again. The only command through the trials is to remain faithful. Not everything that you learn will feel good. Rejoice that you are being made Holy like him.
I believe that is a good start.

Oh if you're looking for something more human. It's like a love download. You do something he says and he downloads the knowledge directly into the brain. It's the way he keeps us humble, this way we know it came from him.

edit on 17-1-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

I don’t think any religion got it right I think they are all man made systems based on a need to control or console others.

I think the only belief system that even comes close is reincarnation. Energy cannot be destroyed or created only transformed which would support this belief. In Abrahamic religions they do not address this instead they form a societal system or judgment systems where they reward, punish or imprison those are human concepts not supported by anything except our views. Reincarnation is actually supported by scientific observations and the nature of the universe.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join