It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which religion is the right religion?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I agree that we are here to evolve spirituall and to love.

But Everyone follows a religion whether it be a church or of their own mind. I had another thread explaining that the true religion is that of virtue. People have such a bias against the word "religion" without taking in the spirit of anything.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

kind of like a cut/ copy/ paste conform thingy. let anyone tell me of it's "humanitarian" blessings

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by MamaJ

IF WE could ALL KNOW we are spirit beings living in a body,

No one is a spirit being living in a body. I suppose we could all PRETEND we are, but lying to ourselves can only get us so far. This mentality, that we are not responsible for anything that happens here, now, on this earth because we are nothing but wayward spirits locked in a physical flesh, is what is wrong with the world. Pretending we are spirits is the greatest injustice to all living things.

We are actually a mind/body/spirit complex in which all parts have different functions and are most often disharmonious. We must use all of our faculties, but to advance in the mind we must advance in the spirit, and to advance in our spirit we must mortify the body(senses). That way we can live with our mind and conscience at peace and in clarity, our spirit is set upon the infinite Love which allows light to flow to our mind, and our body reaches out only in actions of love and not distraction.

You may not care nor comprehend, but it is a point which I felt should be made.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

kind of like a cut/ copy/ paste conform thingy. let anyone tell me of it's "humanitarian" blessings

I dont get it...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The Norse God Odin preceded Jesus the Christ. Odin hung from a tree and experienced a death of sorts to obtain knowledge. Through being "reborn," he obtained gnosis [advanced spiritual knowledge] In addition, Krishna, Marsyas, Dodonian, and Zeus also hung from trees. as did the Egyptian God Set who was “crucified” on a “cross” known as a furka. christianity and its variants are unoriginal.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The religion you choose is the right one for you. No one can tell you. Does not matter what others say, they are not living as you.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

I had another thread explaining that the true religion is that of virtue. People have such a bias against the word "religion" without taking in the spirit of anything.

That's whats wrong with religion, is that many people blindly follow it without spirit, without true belief. Religion without faith is nothing but faith on the other end, doesn't need a religion. I find it hard to believe that a religion out there is exactly what their followers want and believe in. Because of that, I believe that many religious followers are actually hypocrites and are lying to themselves and hence, towards God.

Many roads lead to God and I feel that faith in ones values is stronger than faith in religion, personally and spiritually speaking.

I'm sure like many, you might question your religion and the bible, but you know deep inside that your faith is true to your beliefs to God and that faith is unquestionable. That's where the power is, it's not the religion.
I would even say that often time religion goes against true faith, peace with oneself and the evolution of our civilization.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I suspect they are all wrong! I also suspect that religion has more to do with man than god.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

the true religion is the real monotheistic religion. religion of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.
love means being servant however it has far more meaning than just being a religious.
the true freedom is worshiping and serving the only God. so lets not to worship ego and other masters. the only Lord is the only God.
who loves God, serves him. who serves him is free of obedience of others. and this is the true freedom.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Who said anything about Christianity?

I just stated those 5 Absolutes. Who can argue with those?

The person who was Jesus and "Christianity" are two totally separate issues.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Love will always lead a man to the Truth.It is the right of the soul to love. Do so and you will do well.

Thanks for reminding us that this life is NOT what it appears to be...

This is the very KEY to stepping into the purposes of God:

"There is a passion living inside of the human soul. I think its even unique in this generation. We want something to live for, to fight for, something to die for. This is it… lay down your life, lay down your life, lay down your life, and you will enter into such a divine romance, you will enter into the power of God like you have not known."

"But only when He can trust you. When He can trust you is when you are walking in true humility. When we are walking as He walked in this life, not of this world. My heart is set on a pilgrimage. Not clinging to things, not grasping after the wind, not of this world. Walking steadfast day by day by day, abiding in love doing what He has commanded. Living an expression of His heart in this age."

"You are not of this world. You are going to die in about 50 years, for real, maybe sooner at best. Life is a vapor. You are going to die, sooner then you think. You are going to face the uncreated One, in your barrenness, in your raw self, you are going to face the uncreated One."

"Set your heart on a pilgrimage to be great in eternity. You are going to be there in just a moment, you are going to be there in just a moment. And what you have done in love and service is what is going to stand in that day."

Eternity Speaking /////// Eternity - YouTube ////// MP3

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Every single one of them.

According to billions of people.

*paradox head explodes*

I see no evidence to believe any of them are true representations of a Creator's mind.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

The religion you choose is the right one for you. No one can tell you. Does not matter what others say, they are not living as you.

That's all fine well and good, but in the spirit of objectivity it doesn't make it true. You can believe you have the right one, but that doesn't mean God agrees.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

The prophets predicted the death on the cross before it happened and i am sure that the others were predictions of Christ to come only with different names. Of all of those Gods only Christ existed, but perhaps by the Holy Spirit, Christ was shown to men of other regions to pave the way for Love.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Every single one of them.

According to billions of people.

*paradox head explodes*

I see no evidence to believe any of them are true representations of a Creator's mind.

Well if you ever choose to read the Gospel then you will catch a glimpse of God's thought and love.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubSea

Who said anything about Christianity?

I just stated those 5 Absolutes. Who can argue with those?

The person who was Jesus and "Christianity" are two totally separate issues.

True Christianity is to live life according to the Gospel. The Gospel is the practice of virtue and love by Christ. Therefore, if you choose to live in the way that Christ has lived(in virtue and good will for the love of God) then you are a Christian. I am sorry if you are ashamed of the word.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

This is a question too many people ask and worry about.

Love will always lead a man to the Truth. As a Christian, I love the souls of all men, and I hope for all of them to find love in God.

It is the right of the soul to love. Do so and you will do well.
edit on 14-1-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

Interesting you should bring this up today, when I had a most curious thought...

Being a Christian myself, I began to think about Muslims and Jews and Christians.What is the one thing we all hold in common? I'll give you a hint. He has many names and is featured in all 3 religions.

ETA:

I'm not talking about God.
edit on 14-1-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator

I had another thread explaining that the true religion is that of virtue. People have such a bias against the word "religion" without taking in the spirit of anything.

That's whats wrong with religion, is that many people blindly follow it without spirit, without true belief. Religion without faith is nothing but faith on the other end, doesn't need a religion. I find it hard to believe that a religion out there is exactly what their followers want and believe in. Because of that, I believe that many religious followers are actually hypocrites and are lying to themselves and hence, towards God.

Many roads lead to God and I feel that faith in ones values is stronger than faith in religion, personally and spiritually speaking.

I'm sure like many, you might question your religion and the bible, but you know deep inside that your faith is true to your beliefs to God and that faith is unquestionable. That's where the power is, it's not the religion.
I would even say that often time religion goes against true faith, peace with oneself and the evolution of our civilization.

That is exactly my sorrow: religion without spirit becomes what Christ came to put an end to.

It is good to be fervent in prayer and to practice virtue as that is the practice and increase of the True Religion.

The practice leads to the roots of our own spirit growing more deeply into the Spirit of God.

Religion many times goes against faith, but the Faithful are unshaken. I think the cause is priests and preacher which like the control which they have. Bu there are also many priests and preachers which are very holy, and loving people. Which is why it sucks that people throw away religion altogether, like burning a tree because of a few bad apples.

May God bless you on your way which already signifies a relationship to wisdom.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

GAH! there are so many of them! I am going to say the prophets and saints. No wwait! a soul! pshh i knew that.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by DeadSeraph

GAH! there are so many of them! I am going to say the prophets and saints. No wwait! a soul! pshh i knew that.

The only thing the 3 Abrahamic Faiths do not disagree on, is Satan. That struck me as odd today. /shrug

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join