Which religion is the right religion?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

I just wanted you to know that I read through many of your posts and I agree with everything you are saying. I am posting a link to one of my threads. I thought it might be nice to see the mind of Christ through another man. By reading through your posts it appears that most people simply can't see the truth. But remember only God can open a man's eyes and ears. Keep spreading the good news and try not to be discouraged by those who claim to know God, who prove by their actions that they don't know love.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-1-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

By reading through your posts it appears that most people simply can't see the truth.

What are people doing wrong that read the scriptures and still don't believe.

Can you give me a concise and honest reason you believe Christianity represents the mind of God and not say...religion of Native American tribes.

But remember only God can open a man's eyes and ears. Keep spreading the good news and

Then let God spread the news him or herself.

try not to be discouraged by those who claim to know God

Irony.

who prove by their actions that they don't know love.

The compassionate charity worker who is non-religious doesn't know love.

The non-religious mother who loves her children.....doesn't really know love.

The non-religious doctor who dedicates their life to saving lives....doesn't know love.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I did not say that non christians do not know love. There is only one father and we are all his children. He shares his love with all of us. Anyone who puts love ahead of self knows the father. What I was refering to are those who say they know God but prove that they don't, by thier words and actions.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

What I was refering to are those who say they know God but prove that they don't, by thier words and actions.

To be fair, the only thing it can show is that it goes against God as described by >insert a Bible< . So sure on that standard you can show that. Set God belief aside. Lets assume God exists. I do
Why do you believe Christianity represents God, and not Hinduism or Islam?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I've come to understand everything we're told is a lie especially the part that we haven't been in contact with civilizations from other planets.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What ever religion you choose. Lets cut the crap and be serious. There is always going to be good and bad on the planet and I don't care how many people preach, "just love everyone", it either doesn't rub off too well on everyone or at the least doesn't work. There are so many different levels and idiots in society, it is really only a fantasy.

All religions have there good and bad also. It comes down to how you apply yourself. If you become a Jihadist following Islam or even a Christian fundamentalist who would rather bomb buildings and kill, Raping children and women, your a traitor to your religion and shouldn't associate yourself with any religion.. All religion including the likes of Islam are based on peace and that is something those a/holes haven't realised.. They demonise religion and its any wonder no-one will touch it with a 40 ft pole.

Even well known leaders understand that the ones committing crimes in the name of their god truely don't know the first thing about their faith.
edit on 14-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I have to say that I disagree with your interpretation.

Love is simply an emotion. An emotion that clouds the judgment of a good number of people. An emotion that convinces people to do things for the wrong reasons.

No. I will say that Honor is the cornerstone of living well. Honor is not an emotion. It is a state of being. A state of action that is not related to personal feelings. Rather, it is a state of action that is founded upon doing the right thing. In any circumstance. All the more so when doing the right thing conflicts with ones emotions.

Love will get the human race nowhere fast. Simply look upon the history of the last 50 years.

Honor will take us far.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

You say you are a christian, but you do realize your are following a bastardized version of an eastern religion?. Jesus is a westernized offshoot of what a middle eastern holy man was talking about. You do understand that, right?.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
No religion is the right one.
It would be much better to let the individual to decide which one is the right one.

But Love should be the main focus of the teachings.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Right religion for what?

To be viewed as a retard- take your pick.

To be viewed as a rational, free-thinking, logical human being- none of the above.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
There isnt one. Jesus-the Man... didnt exist in the Old Testament. When all nationalities are told to "believe in God", I believe too that as long as one believes....its the way its supposed to be.

I have friends and associates Jewish, Muslem, Hindi, Buddist...and even tho believers...they are all different religions.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

You're very judgmental about those who've seen there is a force at work that is bigger than themselves. Someday you may see it too. I hope for your sake you don't find out the hard way like I did. It's a frightening way to learn that you are not the one in control.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obsrvr
reply to post by CristobalColonic

You're very judgmental about those who've seen there is a force at work that is bigger than themselves. Someday you may see it too. I hope for your sake you don't find out the hard way like I did. It's a frightening way to learn that you are not the one in control.

If they had actually seen something, it wouldn't be called faith.
They BELIEVE they might have seen something, which to them indicates that there is a force at work.

I agree with you that CristobalColonic has a harsh way of presenting his views. But there is some truth to what he is saying. Think about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Depends on where you were born, what your parents believed and how open to suggestion/needy/lonely you are....
edit on 15-1-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

I won't entertain such pettiness in discussion. One only need look out the window or through the lens of a microscope to comprehend there is something more powerful than us at work.
edit on 1/15/13 by Obsrvr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I will be able to reply everyone in a short period of time. Please hold

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

Seems that, what is apparent to you, is no so apparent to others, or at least not to everyone. So would you care to elaborate on what it is that you see when you look out the window or through a microscope?

The way in which you present your case, I would be tempted to think that you know for a fact that God exists. Which is of cause impossible, and just shows how little you actually understand about teologi.

Are you familiar with agnosticism, and do you understand why some take that approach?

I am sorry that you are unable to entertain his ideas. Your loss.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

you said "you respond with pride being my sin", but I was in fact accusing myself.

Just remember that goodness does not praise itself, as it has humility.

There are too many people who live on the doorstep of hell, as they always worry about themselves and how they are affected by everything. They are the first to get offended in any situation. Is it good that in your posts you try to show yourself as a victim of religion.
Stop worrying about yourself if you really do judge yourself. But no person who judges himself rightly deems himself perfect besides those who categorize everyone as inferior.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

I just wanted you to know that I read through many of your posts and I agree with everything you are saying. I am posting a link to one of my threads. I thought it might be nice to see the mind of Christ through another man. By reading through your posts it appears that most people simply can't see the truth. But remember only God can open a man's eyes and ears. Keep spreading the good news and try not to be discouraged by those who claim to know God, who prove by their actions that they don't know love.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-1-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for your support. Pray that I do not fall into sin or speak deceit, because I am very subjected to temptation, as I am led away by too many selfish and sinful tendencies.

I'm sure you know how easily the good news spoken by a man easily turns into fire and brimstone.

I ask you to pray for me and other sinners, that we may not reject light when it comes to us and so that we may reject the darkness.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987
reply to post by Obsrvr

Seems that, what is apparent to you, is no so apparent to others, or at least not to everyone. So would you care to elaborate on what it is that you see when you look out the window or through a microscope?

The way in which you present your case, I would be tempted to think that you know for a fact that God exists. Which is of cause impossible, and just shows how little you actually understand about teologi.

Are you familiar with agnosticism, and do you understand why some take that approach?

I am sorry that you are unable to entertain his ideas. Your loss.

No one can prove to you that God exists. But I know for a fact that God exists. So what you say makes no since to those who know for certain that God exists. I am familiar with agnosticism, but I have a question.

Are you agnostic because you sought the truth and could not find it? Or like most agnostics have you never actually read any of the religious text for yourself?

For the man who searches earnestly, with the right motives, will find God. But the man that does not look at all should not believe that he does not face judgment merely because he refused to seek the truth.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant