It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which religion is the right religion?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
It is only after you feel the love of God that you realize that what we call love falls woefully short of what Christ was teaching. Once you feel this love your heart is changed and set on a path to pursue that love. Love becomes the addiction and you become one with love.

In my opinion the most evil aspect of religion, in this case Christianity, is believing goodness, morality, and love, is their sole domain.

There are good, moral, loving people in this world that don't believe in your beliefs. Belief in your Biblical god and his dogma is not required. That's so blatantly obvious it baffles me how a book or two could prevent you from seeing it manifest in the World. That thinking is divisive and damaging to society. Mostly it just saddens me. It means you don't see much of the compassion happening in the world because it's not endowed with holy robes. I understand you view you're supporting a message of love, but in reality you're just dismissing much of it. Love was bestowed upon us, perhaps by God, but it's a birthright, and it doesn't rely on ANY particular book to give it life.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Is it good that in your posts you try to show yourself as a victim of religion.

Elaborate so I understand the fullness of what you mean by that, and I will respond.

But no person who judges himself rightly deems himself perfect besides those who categorize everyone as inferior.

The insinuation being that I claimed I am perfect and all others inferior? That's dramatic. I merely like who I am and believe myself to be a good person. I am not willing to label myself a "sinner". Instead I will continue to view myself as a "good person"...so long as I sustain my moral compass with compassion and a friendly face. Fortunately I have no religion that tells me self-love is to be shamed.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

This experience happened at the exact instant when I opened a huge white Bible sitting on a coffee table in my parents house.

The reason this was so supernatural was because not only was I NOT a believer, I knew absolutely NOTHING about what the Bible was. I was raised as a total heathen.

Thanks for trying. But there is just something about your story:
1 raised a 'total heathen',
2 knowing absolutely NOTHING about what the bible is,
3 your parents have a huge white Bible sitting on the coffee table,
that I just don't find very believable.

But even if that were the case, I would be more likely to think I was having a nervous breakdown if I had that experience, then to think I was actually getting messages from God. But I guess it is a matter of ones personal perspective.

I think you are the one that have been fed a bunch of lies. Haha.. so don't really think were gonna get far with this debate.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987
I think you are the one that have been fed a bunch of lies. Haha.. so don't really think were gonna get far with this debate.

Somehow I really don't think God is into debates.

Neither am I.

Proof must be experienced PERSONALLY.

What you need to understand is that proof DOES exist.

I KNOW it and I have found it, it is a FACT.

But it's not something that can just be passed on in a few seconds.

“Nothing is as it appears to be.” ~ Robert Booth Nichols

Until you come face to face with REALITY and understand that everything you know is a lie, you will NEVER be entirely convinced of the truth.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Is it good that in your posts you try to show yourself as a victim of religion.

Elaborate so I understand the fullness of what you mean by that, and I will respond.

But no person who judges himself rightly deems himself perfect besides those who categorize everyone as inferior.

The insinuation being that I claimed I am perfect and all others inferior? That's dramatic. I merely like who I am and believe myself to be a good person. I am not willing to label myself a "sinner". Instead I will continue to view myself as a "good person"...so long as I sustain my moral compass with compassion and a friendly face. Fortunately I have no religion that tells me self-love is to be shamed.

I think the first point was clear enough.

The is no problem with self love, but there is a difference between self love and praise of the self. To look at it from you point of view, you have to where to progress. Where is your love for others? What is love for others? what does being a good person mean? what is a moral compass? what is perfect judgement?

I do not hate myself, but I hate the thought of praising myself, and indulging in the thought that I am holy, because it would make my spirit stagnate.

I know that at the heart I am good, but what of me that is good comes from God Who is good. Because no one is good but God.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think it is possible to take the best from all religions and leave the rest. You can follow the teachings off all of them and try to be a better person without boxing yourself into one group.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I think the first point was clear enough.

It wasn't. You don't have to clarify. Fair enough. I will just dismiss it as false.

The is no problem with self love, but there is a difference between self love and praise of the self. To look at it from you point of view, you have to where to progress. Where is your love for others? What is love for others? what does being a good person mean? what is a moral compass? what is perfect judgement?

See this is my whole point summed up right there.

You're so shocked by the notion someone could attain those things without religion you hold suspect anyone who's non-religious and claims they have 'love' 'goodness' a 'moral compass'. Why? Because your belief system made for you a mental framework that doesn't allow for it.

Are you truly interested in my response to those questions? It seems to me that if you don't already see the evidence in the plethora of non-religious that demonstrate it, you won't appreciate my response...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I know that at the heart I am good, but what of me that is good comes from God Who is good. Because no one is good but God.

I'm not against that belief.

But that description is compatible with many God descriptions from many world religions.

Why did you choose one over the others then?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I would, but you have shown no evidence to show that you even understand spiritual things. I want you to show your colors which you only claim to have.

It is not absurd that someone without a religion is good. But I find it stupid how you would just like to call yourself holy and spiritual, and that the bible is false and have no reason for it. I find it stupid that you want to argue about how holy you are.

You feign holiness and you have no evidence. Tell me what is goodness! you do not exhibit spiritual words.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

I'm not against that belief.

But that description is compatible with many God descriptions from many world religions.

Why did you choose one over the others then?

because I see God in Christ.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
A loaded question for sure.

I would say without question Jesus did his best to bring people back to the correct spirituality
when he was on the earth in the first century. Sadly after the Apostles died Christianity deviated from the correct spirituality of truth. But just because it's followers acted like evil idiots in the dark ages didn't mean it was wrong.
The followers were wrong, not the teachings.

Ultimately it is not a question of the right religion, it is a question of the right or correct reality?
edit on 15-1-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

I would say that you have lumped a whole people into a category of being evil just because some of them are, and that is what is wrong. Do you think that good people of a church get media coverage or news articles? No, rarely ever. You have a bias towards a group of people who are a mixture from the worst and the best.

Just take a moment to think, "does God really love me anymore than He he loves anyone else?"

Do you know the history of Christianity ?
It's precepts were correct but Christendoms clergy never followed them, and in fact many times they did the opposite. And the people were lead astray.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I agree with the end but that means I am also free of small minded views of it created by religion.

I meant that exactly ! however I prefer not to call it religion but corrupted clerics' ego !!

Let not the pious judge the meek;
Each for his own deeds will speak.

Whether I’m good or bad, you judge yourself;
You reap what you sow, find what you seek.

Everyone is seeking love, sober or drunk;
Everywhere a house of love, yet so unique.

I submit my head on the tavern’s bricks,
If you don’t understand, just take a peek.

Let me keep my hope of eternal grace,
Behind the veil, who is good, who the freak?

Not only I fell out of virtuous path,
My father too, treaded that path oblique.

Hafiz, on your deathbed, bring the cup to your cheek.
You go from the tavern straight to the heaven’s peak.
--Hafez

edit on 15-1-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Well, my priest is a virtuous man.

Also I like to read of the examples which the saints give. And I have experienced first hand the powers of the Sacraments. Most priests are not bad. It's just the bad ones that are more popular and gain more interest than the good ones.

When you watch the news channel there's good and bad news coverage, but which outweighs the other? which captures the watchers curiosity more?
edit on 15-1-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I would, but you have shown no evidence to show that you even understand spiritual things. I want you to show your colors which you only claim to have.

And if I presented such, and it didn't resemble Christianity... Would you give it spiritual merit? I think I am giving hints about my 'colors'. Unless you exclude morality from spirituality, I have at least given tidbits.

It is not absurd that someone without a religion is good.

Not in the slightest.

But I find it stupid how you would just like to call yourself holy and spiritual

Did I call myself holy and spiritual? I said I studied these topics. I do believe myself to be spiritual. And in fact I am a deist. I think the truth is you, and many other religious, will only acknowledge someone as 'spiritual' if it resembles how their religion defines it. What I think is stupid, is that someone would adhere to a definitive definition of what 'spirituality' and 'God' is without strong evidence.

and that the bible is false and have no reason for it.

I have plenty of reason for it. Would you like me to link other threads? Do you have a particular question for me?

But just to be clear!... you're asking all this of ME! When your response to my question was just "because I see God in Christ"?? I mean really? O.o

Okay fine. I will respond in suit!

I don't see God in the Bible

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

"I think the truth is you, and many other religious, will only acknowledge someone as 'spiritual' if it resembles how their religion defines it."

You are wrong in judging me, because I love all people, notwithstanding religion.

It's just that you are not perceptive at all, and you take every sentence out of context.

"But just to be clear!... you're asking all this of ME! When your response to my question was just "because I see God in Christ"?? I mean really? O.o "

At least I gave you a truthful answer. You just avoid everything. If I gave you a wrong answer tell me why it is wrong. If i did not give you a clear enough answer ask me to elaborate.

"I don't see God in the Bible".

Someone who knows God sees God in everything.
Jesus' words give us insight to the Father's thought. I got that thought you agreed with from a book written by a catholic monk.

Just because I am a member of a religion does not mean I hate, despise, and condescend everyone outside of it.
I recognize and love the souls of all men because that is what the Gospel teaches.

Had to add this on:

"And if I presented such, and it didn't resemble Christianity... Would you give it spiritual merit?"

God only gives merit. Do not seek out the praise of men, but the glory of God.

Speak for the glory of God, love for the glory of God, exist for the glory of God!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You are wrong in judging me, because I love all people, notwithstanding religion.

But that wasn't the question. You accused me of not being spiritual. Don't derail the point to make yourself look good.

I will respond to questions. If you do the same.

It's just that you are not perceptive at all, and you take every sentence out of context.

The personal insults don't bother me one iota just an fyi.

Can you show me every sentence I took out of context. Perhaps we can readdress some things.

At least I gave you a truthful answer. You just avoid everything.

I gave you an equally honest reply.

"Avoid everything" "take every sentence out of context"

That's not true. Are you always this extreme?

If i did not give you a clear enough answer ask me to elaborate.

Do you see God in the god's of other religions. If not, why not.

That would help clarify a little.

Someone who knows God sees God in everything.

Okay. So you see God's work in all religions. How do you reconcile that with the belief there is one true religion??

Just because I am a member of a religion does not mean I hate, despise, and condescend everyone outside of it.

No but it does give you the belief of spiritual and moral superiority. And from that, for some religious, that breeds hate and disdain.

I recognize and love the souls of all men because that is what the Gospel teaches.

There is similar teachings in other religions... and from philosophers from ancient times and even today.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

"And if I presented such, and it didn't resemble Christianity... Would you give it spiritual merit?"

God only gives merit. Do not seek out the praise of men, but the glory of God.

So in other words...

No. No you wouldn't give it merit.

Thank you for confirming my point. This mentality makes sense of the matter.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

"But that wasn't the question. You accused me of not being spiritual. Don't derail the point to make yourself look good. "

Actually I was replying to a remark you made.

"Can you show me every sentence I took out of context."

"Are you always this extreme? "

I am not extreme, but talking with you is exhausting and aggravating. Your words leave me with a sense of vanity, as responding to you seems vain, stupid, and time wasting.

"Do you see God in the god's of other religions."

Yes, I do.

"How do you reconcile that with the belief there is one true religion?? "

Because there is One True God and His Religion is of Virtue.

I feel like I must constantly repeat myself.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I am not extreme, but talking with you is exhausting and aggravating.

Yes you very much were being extreme. You made completely false claims about me. And when asked for you to show me how, you ignored the proposal. I am certain I am exhausting and aggravating. That's precisely what I aim to be!! You're spreading your gospel, and I am spreading mine. Either side is allowed conviction.

Your words leave me with a sense of vanity, as responding to you seems vain, stupid, and time wasting.

We can end the discussion. You need not reply if you don't want to. But I can't help but think you're really just upset I am asking questions. Religions don't enjoy that much do they?

"Do you see God in the god's of other religions."

Yes, I do.

Do you read and follow their Bibles? If not, why not.

"How do you reconcile that with the belief there is one true religion?? "

Because there is One True God and His Religion is of Virtue.

If that's all I am going to get... circles. We are going in them.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

"You're spreading your gospel, and I am spreading mine."

The Gospel is not mine, it is the Life of Jesus Christ.

What is it that you follow? What is the "ultimate" for you?

"And when asked for you to show me how, you ignored the proposal."

I would have had to re write every sentence of yours, and you still would have diverted.

"We can end the discussion. You need not reply if you don't want to. But I can't help but think you're really just upset I am asking questions. Religions don't enjoy that much do they? "

I took upon the responsibility when I made this thread. I am not upset that you are asking questions, not at all, in fact you have finally stopped talking about yourself and started asking questions, but they are stupid and biased questions which aim at tempting me to go against charity.

Religions are not animate people which can answer questions btw.

"Do you read and follow their Bibles? If not, why not. "

I do not continue to read them although I have read some of them. I follow the Religion of Virtue which is to continue in the practices and listen to understand the words of the Christ, which teach virtue.

"If that's all I am going to get... circles. We are going in them. "

well how about you read what I am saying, and stop saying and asking the same things over again.
Like I said, you make me constantly have to repeat myself, like you want me to slip up or something.

What do you believe? tell me without talking about what others believe and why its wrong or right.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join