It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was Adam thinking?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

n
Above or in heaven, there is intelligence and speech. Adam interacted above before he came here. But, he did not retain all memory just the basic parameters of speech and emotions, etc. If he would have kept his memory he would have remained perfect.

Is there supporting scripture for this theory?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Then gene pool wasn't so diluted back then, it was perfectly fine.

Pollution isn't a problem with genetics so much as inbreeding and incest that causes birth defects and retardation etc.

Which makes this statement by god even more confusing:

27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth

In theory god knows everything so he knew that inbreeding causes, retardation,birth defects and other nasty side effects.god also knows math so he knew that the only way 2 people could multiply and create enough people to fill the earth was through inbreeding.
god had to know that tens of thousands of years of inbreeding would create a defective and impure race of humans much different then the two perfect specimens he created and placed in the garden of eden.
so, we can assume that it was always god`s intentions to create a world full of inbreed,mutant humans and that humans were never meant to reside in the garden of eden forever.

edit on 13-1-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

There was outside influence.

Satan.

Eve.

Eve was tricked.

Adam was not.

Adam knew what he was doing.

Bullcrap. Bull - freaking - crap! "God" is omniscient and omnipotent, according to the Bible. But the most pivotal moment in the entire history of the Garden of Eden caught him by surprise? He knew "Satan" was there. He knew what "Satan" was planning. He knew his children would be tempted. He also knew they would fail. That is the definition of omniscience - you know all of the past and future.

"God" wanted them to taste the fruit. It was time for them to grow up, to mature, and that was how he did it. It's isn't difficult to understand why the Church would demonize such a practice, right? It's pretty obvious to comprehend the reason that story would be rewritten to cast a bad light on emotional reflection, on emotional independence and the ability to determine the true nature of reality for ourselves. Oppression. Ignorance. Brainwashing.

No. Adam and Eve never disobeyed "God". What happened, literally could not happen unless the circumstances were engineered. "God" had to want it. BOOM! "Satan" just got hurled to the edge of the Milky Way. BOOM! The tree of knowledge is suddenly surrounded by an impenetrable hedge. BOOM! Adam and Eve are mysteriously distracted whenever they approach the hedge, preventing them from ever growing curious. He's GOD. Is it really so hard?

And yet, he slipped up in just the right places that his crowning creation got itself cursed with the knowledge of good and evil, against his will. Yeah. Right. The lack of critical thinking in some of these people is disturbing. Honestly, it's the most blatant line of bullcrap the Judaics ever pushed, and everyone just swallows it. All it takes is a bit of algebraic logic and you can see all the holes. This bit of the story couldn't hold water if it was paid to.

Someday, if I ever meet the Pope face to face, that will be my first question.
edit on 13-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
laughing all words and blurry .....you guys will just argue all day about religion.....and still never get it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think it goes to show how much the Religious are against things that are 'Cooler' than them, and how hypocritical they truly are when it comes down to it!

It was Ok for Adam to have children, and let them children reproduce with his wife (Their Mother), be a 'Rebel' and do things that God did not want him to do....

BUT...

When Jerry Lee Rocked that piano, and married his cousin...

CAN'T do that can we? Oh No! Devils Music! Incest is wrong!

Is it any wonder it was the Church that invented rule and politics?!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
incest can produce problems ....retardation and birth defects ....I worked with people with disabilities they suffer too much pain not being understood. And all because people don't have SELF CONTROL.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1
reply to post by DrunkYogi

Did he throw it away or was there some outside influence? Was there coercion?

There was outside influence.

Satan.
Eve.
Eve was tricked.

Adam was not.

Adam knew what he was doing.

So is this were they got the idea that men are smarter?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I just watched this video.... I think there are many questions, studies do speak loudly with question after question about who we are.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CashStronomer
I think it goes to show how much the Religious are against things that are 'Cooler' than them, and how hypocritical they truly are when it comes down to it!

It was Ok for Adam to have children, and let them children reproduce with his wife (Their Mother), be a 'Rebel' and do things that God did not want him to do....

BUT...

When Jerry Lee Rocked that piano, and married his cousin...

CAN'T do that can we? Oh No! Devils Music! Incest is wrong!

Is it any wonder it was the Church that invented rule and politics?!

As said previously, the command from God to not marry one's closer relatives came post Egyptian liberation. At the time of Adam and Eve it wasn't a sin, and necessary for population of the human race. So, no hypocrisy, we have been post that command from God for several thousand years now.

edit on 13-1-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Not really, Adam chose to join Eve in her sin. He loved her.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
He was like a pure, spherical bubble of creation, with no divisions to his thought, completely centered and always under consequence of doing what his creator wanted, perfectly. Then after the fruit, his bubble popped and he was given the choice to know good and evil. His shield of obedience removed, his power scattered, his freedoms limited, not bouncing around, but compelled to survive based on a long line of options. Driven from the garden in shame, forced to cope with the consequences of his disobedience, his now seemingly limitation of choice, good or evil, good and evil...action and reaction.

He was probably thinking... what am I going to eat next?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Not really, Adam chose to join Eve in her sin. He loved her.

Oh sure...."This woman you gave me God, she caused me to eat"....sounds like a sour relationship to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Sour? Adam wasn't deceived, Eve was. Adam chose purposely to join her in her sin.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
I wonder what Lilith was thinking

She was thinking "How did the Hebrew people mix me up in all this?!"

Lilith (Lilitu) was placed in Hebrew mythology as a way to demonize a Sumerian wind spirit. They also rolled her into same being as Lamashtu and then said she ate babies. There are actually old magic Hebrew wards that invoke archangels to protect their babies from Lilith. All crap to further solidify their patriarchal myths. They would have done the same thing to Asherah (God's wife before they destroyed all of her statues around the time they purged a crap-ton of Jews who didn't believe the way they wanted to).

Lilitu is not a Abrahamic entity but she predates it by a loooong shot.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkYogi
If Adam (Adam+Eve) was the first person, what where his thought's and action's like? If everything we do is a repetition of all of the thing's we have seen and heard then Adam had no template so to speak. What was he like, was he pure (Enlightened)? Confused? Just a thought............

Adam:

1 Corinthians 15:45

So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

If Jesus is the "SON", what does that make you? I can show you.

Colossians 1

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

The Son is the First Image. That's Adam. The 'new' Adam is what comes next for mankind. You and I are the clay that was stamped by the first image (DNA) and the new Blood (DNA) will make our new Robe and Crown.

Compare this to a loaf of bread. What is one either side of the loaf? The heel.

1 Corinthians 10

14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

Let's review. Adam is one either side of all of mankind. We are the image of God and in the image of God's Son. We are all part of ONE loaf, which is God, the image used to create the Son, which is the IMAGE of God and used to make all thing hold together. What was Adam thinking? Go look in a mirror. We are His reflection and He in ours. We are all in God's reflection, yet what is an image? An image is the representation of what the light reflects.

Go look in a mirror. Do you see you? Yes, but that image is not really you. You are the one that reflects the light. What does that say about where you are now? If God's image is produced so you can see yourself, where are you right now?

Matthew 18

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

How can we see past the image?

1 Corinthians 13

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

We are children of God until we are no longer children.

I would say Adam was simply allowing God to raise the prodigal Son in the wilderness until the Son decides to come home. We are also in this same image. Baptism is our immersion into the water of life. Why? To raise to new life.

Involution and Evolution

What crushes the head of Satan? The Heel:

Genesis 3

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

Be glad God knew what would happen from the beginning. It's a process to raise children properly. Lift your eyes. Your're almost home.

edit on 13-1-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by dorkfish87
I wonder what Lilith was thinking

She was thinking "How did the Hebrew people mix me up in all this?!"

Lilith (Lilitu) was placed in Hebrew mythology as a way to demonize a Sumerian wind spirit. They also rolled her into same being as Lamashtu and then said she ate babies. There are actually old magic Hebrew wards that invoke archangels to protect their babies from Lilith. All crap to further solidify their patriarchal myths. They would have done the same thing to Asherah (God's wife before they destroyed all of her statues around the time they purged a crap-ton of Jews who didn't believe the way they wanted to).

Lilitu is not a Abrahamic entity but she predates it by a loooong shot.

Most excellent and informative answer Cuervo -

I was guessing that if this were todays times,
Lilith was probably thinking:

F**ck Adam for bringing that damn Eve bitch home again!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Adam and Eve? They have two sons? One killed the other? God marks him on the forehead and sends him and his wife out on their own? He marked him on the forehead so all the people of all the towns would know what he had done?

Where did all the other people come from? And the towns? Or even the wife?

Don't work yourself up trying to find a answer?

i know the answer i know the answer

adam is a plural word. eve was an adam too but was given the name eve, when she became reproductive.
read, man was created male and female lol not a hermaphrodite. that's the english version. the original hebrew says, the adam was created male and female (more than one).

*grins* you asked.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Sour? Adam wasn't deceived, Eve was. Adam chose purposely to join her in her sin.

I heard you the first time....hinty hinty earth to NTT!

His responce to God when asked didnt sound anything like then noble tone you ascribe to it. He certainly didnt step up to the plate. "She did it....and you were the one that gave her to me" would be a good translation.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
He was like a pure, spherical bubble of creation, with no divisions to his thought, completely centered and always under consequence of doing what his creator wanted, perfectly. Then after the fruit, his bubble popped and he was given the choice to know good and evil. His shield of obedience removed, his power scattered, his freedoms limited, not bouncing around, but compelled to survive based on a long line of options. Driven from the garden in shame, forced to cope with the consequences of his disobedience, his now seemingly limitation of choice, good or evil, good and evil...action and reaction.

He was probably thinking... what am I going to eat next?

He was probably thinking...."Man I need to keep and eye on this bi#ch".

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

I heard you the first time....hinty hinty earth to NTT!

His responce to God when asked didnt sound anything like then noble tone you ascribe to it. He certainly didnt step up to the plate. "She did it....and you were the one that gave her to me" would be a good translation.

why because he tried to pass the blame? That doesn't change the fact that he knew what he was doing when he ate the fruit.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join