It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was Adam thinking?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Maybe he didn't marry a Jewish/Muslim woman.
Oh my, kind of hard to have a Jewish wife when their weren't any Jewish women other than Eve yet. The bible is actually a pretty good recorded history of the Jewish line of people, that doesn't mean there weren't other people. .

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

If Adam (Adam+Eve) was the first person, what where his thought's and action's like? If everything we do is a repetition of all of the thing's we have seen and heard then Adam had no template so to speak. What was he like, was he pure (Enlightened)? Confused? Just a thought............
reply to post by DrunkYogi

The only other perfect human man who ever lived was Jesus Christ.

By looking at Jesus, we get a good idea of what Adam was, and what he threw away.....

"Father why have you forsaken me?"
~J.C.~

If jesus was so divine why did he not have faith in the father?

Couldnt have been perfect if he had fear and lost his faith in someone he "KNEW" was looking out for him.

Sounds a bit inconsistent to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That is after he has already been kicked out of Eden and living in the city of Nod with his wife? There was only four. One was killed makes three. Now where did this city of people come from? Where did the wife come from? And then Adam and Eve have a another child.

It would still be incest and the church is ok with that story?
Where are the missing pieces to this link in the story of humanity?
A man and a women and thousands of years later 7 billion people.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by JBA2848

That is after he has already been kicked out of Eden and living in the city of Nod with his wife? There was only four. One was killed makes three. Now where did this city of people come from? Where did the wife come from? And then Adam and Eve have a another child.

It would still be incest and the church is ok with that story?
Where are the missing pieces to this link in the story of humanity?
A man and a women and thousands of years later 7 billion people.

I'm glad they aren't my ancestors. I may be a little crazy once in a while but

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Oh my, kind of hard to have a Jewish wife when their weren't any Jewish women other than Eve yet. The bible is actually a pretty good recorded history of the Jewish line of people, that doesn't mean there weren't other people. .

I wonder about all those cities and towns that the Isaerlites sieged, but took home the virgins. What many other bloodlines were they mixing in when those virgins, not so virgin anymore, gave birth to the warriors' sons and daughters?

Maybe they weren't so pure of a people after all!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I can't do it,sorry.
This argument,that is.

Adam and Eve, according to the creation myth of the Abrahamic religions, were the first man and woman.

In the Book of Genesis, God fashions Adam from dust and places him in the Garden of Eden, where he is to have dominion over the plants and animals.
Eve is later created to be his companion.
God places a tree in the garden which he prohibits Adam and Eve from eating.
However, a serpent tricks Eve into eating from it, and they are subsequently expelled from the garden for disobeying God, who visits upon them and their progeny numerous hardships as punishment.

Interpretations and beliefs regarding Adam and Eve and the story revolving around them vary across religions and sects.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

We all came from Noah! Remember?
Every body died and we are all the offspring of a sailor.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by rickymouse

We all came from Noah! Remember?
Every body died and we are all the offspring of a sailor.

All the Jews and maybe all the people in the area probably died in that event. There is evidence in many cultures that a great water event happened. It seems that many had survived this flood someway or another. The Hoppi went into the cliffs with some long necked beings that knew it was going to happen.

The best that I can figure, Noah may have been an American Indian and washed ashore in a devastated area of the middle east in his boat. I looked at many ideas on this and liked this one the best.

My great grandfather got crushed between the dock and the hull of a ship long ago in South America. I'm the offspring of a dead sailor.

edit on 12-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Adam and Eve? They have two sons? One killed the other? God marks him on the forehead and sends him and his wife out on their own? He marked him on the forehead so all the people of all the towns would know what he had done?

Where did all the other people come from? And the towns? Or even the wife?

Don't work yourself up trying to find a answer?

Adam and Eve had other children. Cain and Able were focused on, because their story was important. Cain's wife would have been one of his sisters. God created and gave the law against brothers, sisters, and close relatives intermarrying about 400 years later with the levitical laws. The mark God gave Cain would be to protect him from his other brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, and etc who would have been more than likely furious with him killing Able.

According to the Bible, Adam and Eve lived hundreds of years. Their decedents lived hundreds of years also. The length of time they lived shrank just a little with each passing generation, until God said he would limit the number of days man would live to 120 after the flood Noah went through. I don't think we really know how old Cain and Abel were when the sacrifices actually happened. We don't know how many brothers and sisters they had. We don't know if Adam and Eve were grandparents, great grand parents, great great grandparents, or even great great great grandparents at that time Cain killed Able. A bible scholar told me once that it is believed Eve had about 23 girls and 25 boys. If each of them had 10 children, populations could grow fairly fast depending on how young they started to have children.

I'm assuming that more than just one sibling left the nest so to speak away from Adam and Eve to go make it on their own away from their parents. There could have been several towns/villages by the time God marked Cain. I imagine in that day towns were not all that big. Probably more like small villages in our perspective. In their perspective, the towns could have been large. They were not nearly as large as a town as we would think of one in today's terms.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

It is misleading to say they lived so long when they counted years in their calender which was based on the Moon or Lunar Cycle. When they said no one shall live more then 120 years after this point it was not some miracle that ended the life span of humans it was they changed their yearly calender for counting age to the Solar Calendar.

You can read when they went to the promise land they were told when the fruit begins to grow you must wait five years or so till it is holly. That was months not years and what made them holly was they were ripe.

Just another thing about the Bible nobody has ever really tried to correct being afraid they might step on someones toes. They had calendars for all sorts of things just like the Mayans. But we call theirs cycles. The Bible called them by on name a Year with no way to separate the different lengths or names of the years they were speaking of.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
What about all the Hominids www.exploratorium.edu... were they just play things for eons?

God just played around with his Hominids and let them tool around for a few million years and then poof! Made Adam and Eve (doomed to fail also) to sort things out with Forbidden fruit. (one makes you know all-don't touch that!) Ok.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Adam and Eve? They have two sons? One killed the other? God marks him on the forehead and sends him and his wife out on their own? He marked him on the forehead so all the people of all the towns would know what he had done?

Where did all the other people come from? And the towns? Or even the wife?

Don't work yourself up trying to find a answer?

Adam and Eve had many sons and daughters, and the command not to procreate with relatives wasn't made until post Egyptian liberation. Cain married his brother's daughter or granddaughter.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by DrunkYogi
If Adam (Adam+Eve) was the first person, what where his thought's and action's like? If everything we do is a repetition of all of the thing's we have seen and heard then Adam had no template so to speak. What was he like, was he pure (Enlightened)? Confused? Just a thought............

Above or in heaven, there is intelligence and speech. Adam interacted above before he came here. But, he did not retain all memory just the basic parameters of speech and emotions, etc. If he would have kept his memory he would have remained perfect.

"Before he came here"...

He was created from the dust of the Earth remember? Then God breathed life into it. There was no before Adam came here, he was created here.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Eve wasn't a Jew. Neither was Adam. Or Abraham for that matter.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That is true, but his self was created above first, the body here.

All were created above before being placed here. I am speaking of the souls.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The story of Adam and Eve was created, probably, to 'Ethically Discriminate' women of that time and in the future.

The story writer hid the scientific fact from his tribesmen that:
any type of mammals has two genders: male and female
any female mammal can bear babies, like female cows, elephants, etc.

The writers prob hated women so much so he decided to write:
Men were created before women.
'The responsibility of women to bear children' as punishment from god for 'stealing and eating fruits from tree of life'

edit on 13-1-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2013 by dodol because: make it better

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Besides being non-existant and a fantasy of deluded religious people.

He had horrible parenting.....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

If I was Adam, and I had an Eve, and we were the only two humans alive, Id be thinking "Lets get on with the ****ing!"

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Wrong section.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That is true, but his self was created above first, the body here.

All were created above before being placed here. I am speaking of the souls.

Souls would be the "breath of life" as spoken of in scripture. That happened for Adam on Earth after God formed Adam a body from the dust.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join