It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was Adam thinking?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If Adam (Adam+Eve) was the first person, what where his thought's and action's like? If everything we do is a repetition of all of the thing's we have seen and heard then Adam had no template so to speak. What was he like, was he pure (Enlightened)? Confused? Just a thought............

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Adam and Eve? They have two sons? One killed the other? God marks him on the forehead and sends him and his wife out on their own? He marked him on the forehead so all the people of all the towns would know what he had done?

Where did all the other people come from? And the towns? Or even the wife?

Don't work yourself up trying to find a answer?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkYogi
If Adam (Adam+Eve) was the first person, what where his thought's and action's like? If everything we do is a repetition of all of the thing's we have seen and heard then Adam had no template so to speak. What was he like, was he pure (Enlightened)? Confused? Just a thought............

Well know this....he had been hanging out with God for who knows how long.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

I believe that Adam is a metaphor for who we were before we rebelled. Most religions believe that in the beginning we were at one with, or at least dwelling with, God. Then, with the aid of "the fallen angels", we rebelled. Before we rebelled we were at a state of bliss and had few desires. Yes, I believe Adam would have been enlightened. He would have been at bliss, with few worries. True enlightenment occurs when we learn to conquer our fears and desires and learn to trust in God. He would have been very happy.

Of course, this is all just my thoughts. No one really knows for sure.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Paradise was so brilliant heavenlings decided that they would rebel, and with the help of the fallen aliens, we said "Come fight me bro!" to god and he said "Naww, you can go to hell." but we were sneaky and only went half way.

Thats how we became earthlings.

Adam was pretty good on the xbox.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If I saw the shiny red apple of knowledge,I would take a bite.

I did that basically when I joined ats and the saying ignorance is bliss is true.
edit on 12-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My question is this...

If EVE doomed the entire human race for 1 silly apple (fruit, anyhow)

What would she do for a Klondike bar?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Imagine what Adam's kids were thinking when they had to have sex in order to create humanity.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 800lbsGorilla

Imagine what Adam's kids were thinking when they had to have sex in order to create humanity.

So,basically incest created humanity,that is what the church teaches?
Or,where did the other people come from.
Got kicked out of bible school for that question many years ago.
I refused to be a sheep.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Above or in heaven, there is intelligence and speech. Adam interacted above before he came here. But, he did not retain all memory just the basic parameters of speech and emotions, etc. If he would have kept his memory he would have remained perfect.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
he was probably thinking about how very odd it was to be a fictitious character in an elaborate lie that would make him an icon.

And he was probably thinking about how he should probably work out more since he was going to be drawn naked all throughout history

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
My question is this...

If EVE doomed the entire human race for 1 silly apple (fruit, anyhow)

What would she do for a Klondike bar?

LOL

That's why 1/3 of the angels left heaven! Satan had Klondike bars!

Adam was thinking about how to work a "book deal" and movie rights, out if the whole ordeal. He had an agent, but I heard he was a real "snake" of a guy!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
he was probably thinking about how very odd it was to be a fictitious character in an elaborate lie that would make him an icon.

And he was probably thinking about how he should probably work out more since he was going to be drawn naked all throughout history

How do you know he was a fictitious character?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Depends on how he was treated?

Mysticism aside, there had to have been a first homosapien, or an oldest perhaps.

If "god" and the "angels" were nice to him then he might have fit in fine? Disillusioned.. Idk if Adam was disillusioned? What did they tell him that isn't written? His thoughts were probably similar to ours:

Very uncertain.
edit on 12-1-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim

Depends on how he was treated?

Mysticism aside, there had to have been a first homosapien, or an oldest perhaps.

If "god" and the "angels" were nice to him then he might have fit in fine? Disillusioned.. Idk if Adam was disillusioned? What did they tell him that isn't written? His thoughts were probably similar to ours:

Very uncertain.

But our thought's are so polluted he couldn't possibly have thought like us.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I wonder what Lilith was thinking

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I would say he was a experiment of the first person chosen to be sheltered and groomed into a elite. He was chosen to learn the farming and seasons. He was to be trained to be one of the first farmers in a land that was full of hunter gatherers. And they found just by simply removing a person from society does not mean he will be pure and innocent of evil or sin. Yes people learn to do things from others. But they also learn to do things all on there own. That is why it is important to teach them the right way. And it is important to teach them there are consequences for doing something wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

But our thought's are so polluted he couldn't possibly have thought like us.

His might have been pretty polluteded as well. Looking at it from the ET gods created modern man sense, what did they tell him? Did they tell him he was a test tube experiment? Did they explain in ways he could understand that he was the first of a species.. If they did thats pretty profound and him having knowledge of it would have "polluted his thoughts" more than we can probably imagine.

I got 99 problems but being the Father of Man ain't one.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

How do you know he was a fictitious character?

how do you know he was not?

edit on 12-1-2013 by lobotomizemecapin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

The only other perfect human man who ever lived was Jesus Christ.

By looking at Jesus, we get a good idea of what Adam was, and what he threw away.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join