It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm calling it now: Americans will crumble when Obama calls for new gun laws

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage
The scene would most likely play off like this..

came home from a great night friday going to bed and at 4 am you hear a crash. the door has been hammered in.. about 20 federal agents outside on the lawn all around the house and the rest are running in up the stairs to find you and ask you for your guns while they point their guns in your face.

true without registration they will have no idea what kind and how many guns u really own so u could pass them an ar 15 and some shells while u have about 20 more hidden somewhere.. but

i think they will have to get registration thru to be anywhere near successful with gun raids because of this and they know it. so id be looking out for that registration push.. it is the knight positioning to put your queen in a position to sacrifice herself to save the king.. inevitably!

How about this scenario. amnesty for all weapons gets put on the table. possession,sale and trade of all weapons deemed as illegal after this date will incur severe penalty's including jail time. so if your caught in a raid with excess weapons after an amnesty date you get busted for weapons trafficking or terrorism under the patriot act.
Orange has never been a favorite color of mine!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by daaskapital
Try guns, helicopters, jets and everything else.
How's that been working out for them in Afghanistan and Iraq? Let them try it on their home field where they have to kill their own family members and friends. We'll see who is obedient to the government then.

Its been working great...massacring civilians and insurgents alike.

I have no doubt that the average American Military man would kill American civilians if ordered to do so. People want to keep their jobs and keep themselves and close ones safe and afloat...

Also, add in that your military, MSM and government would be utilising great propaganda techniques. The Military would be told that the defiant gun owners are terrorists...then bam, they would not hesitate to kill you.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Yes, I have. And I understand the implications and applications of it.

And... as the OP's right to opinionate is valid.....so is my right to hold my views as posted. Which are both valid and accurate. th

Mine are based on facts...and his? Apparently based on conjecture and theory from an armchair somewhere outside of America. *(as his terms used included..."you Americans...")

Thank you for the reply, friend!

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: grammatical error

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

I am hardly mad. Just saddened at those who sit outside America and tell us how to live, what our country's freedom and Constitution means and represents, and how it works.

And I still respectfully suggest....you and they....are jealous....and apparently angry. * ie: your words as in...(sounded as if with a snarl..."YOU Americans!")

You'd be better served worrying about what goes on in your own country. Difference being? I wont profess to opinion and analize your politics.....because Im not living there. But, we could start discussing yours, yes?

So. You live where? Tell us, and we'll begin.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Oh jeez...

Here I will argue it just like the genius OP does:

Yes we will.

Wasn't that brilliant?

(leaves the troll thread)

-Alien

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
America has already crumbled as the totalitarian regime that has usurped the legitimate government has pressed on unmolested by a passive citizenry. There is not going to be any uprising in my opinion because what's going to happen is this: Everyone is up in arms over the worst possible gun ban, so they are going to end up passing a few new restrictions but most people will get to keep their guns so nobody will take any action. They will just whittle it away a little bit at a time. Down the line when they really start confiscating guns a lot of people will have already given up and gotten used to the idea. The people that require being physically confronted won't stand a chance because the media will have spent a few months or years conditioning the public that gun owners are bad people and are a threat to everyone. If large pockets of resistance appear the military will be told that those people are shooting at police or military and must be neutralized even if it's a total lie. The soldiers will believe it and they will go in and do the dirty work just as they did post-Katrina. The soldiers were told people were shooting at rescue workers and helicopters and the soldiers believed them. New recruits certified battle-ready and eager to prove themselves they went in ready to kill Americans. The general public who are afraid of guns will believe everything the media tells them and will support any action against gun owners who will have been completely demonized.

Eric Holder, the criminal behind Fast and Furious, a program to give guns to criminals in Mexico so that they would bring them back to America and cause death with them so that Eric could use that as a way to attack the 2nd Amendment, and who is still now in a position of power, said this:

"What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, it's not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we’ve changed our attitudes about cigarettes. You know, when I was growing up, people smoked all the time. Both my parents did. But over time, we changed the way that people thought about smoking, so now we have people who cower outside of buildings and kind of smoke in private and don’t want to admit it.”

People have been sitting around for a decade or more saying things are going too far but nobody did anything but continue talking about it on the internet and now it's too late.

They're going to get their 90% population reduction, their torture, their death camps, and their full-on total surveillance slave dystopia.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Yes, I have. And I understand the implications and applications of it.

And... as the OP's right to opinionate is valid.....so is my right to hold my views as posted. Which are both valid and accurate. th

Mine are based on facts...and his? Apparently based on conjecture and theory from an armchair somewhere outside of America. *(as his terms used included..."you Americans...")

Thank you for the reply, friend!

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: grammatical error

Fair enough. I hope I didn't offend you though. I was only pointing out that Americans (in the past) were ordered to do something that wasn't even remotely fair, and they did it with no revolution, no protests, etc. Although this particular EO wasn't about guns, it was about something much more important, the ability to have/maintain gold. If they get rid of your riches, you can't buy any guns.

Edit: I don't know where he is from but his use of "you Americans" was further defined as a single calling out of a subset of Americans, not all Americans. So it may be possible he is American as well and just doesn't define himself with that class (as he sees it) of Americans.

edit on 12-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Absolutely no offense taken Superman. Not at all. As a registered and trained gun owner (over 30 years)... believe me... I understand this issue.

The newspaper headline said "4 DEAD IN OHIO!". As a very young "hippie" in the 1960's Woodstock-Jimi Hendrix days, I protested non-viloently against the Vietnam War in more than one place.

At Kent State Ohio...the National Guard lined up...pointed their rifles at 4 protest sign holders...and shot and killed all 4...dead. For protesting. Non-violently. Holding not guns...but cardboard protest signs.

See, my opinions are educated ones. I was there. I ran for cover. I watched them fall. I watched them bleed. I watched them die.

Thank you again sir! MS

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: spelling

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I didn't even know about that event.

Sorry to hear you were there but glad you weren't one of the fallen.

That is very scary to think that Americans would fire their guns at other Americans just to follow orders. No threat to their lives, just doing their job. *shudder*
I shall do some more reading about this. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Right now I'd say at least 53% of Americans are "conspiracy theorists." If not more. The numbers increase every administration since 1937

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01

Originally posted by Swills

You don't think that would be the straw that breaks the camels back? If 1% of gun owners refused to turn their guns in that equals to about 1 million people, -/+. You believe EVERY single gun owner will fall in line? Have you ever taken a statistics course?
edit on 10-1-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

the course of action you people would take is to hide them , that is it. there would be no grand uprising,

I see that as possible. But I doubt all American gun owners will line up and turn in their weapons.
Although it does not look like anything is going to happen anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I believe he is from Greece.

BTW, If Turkey attacked Syria from behind.Do you think Greece would help???

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
No Americans should be paying attention to this Serf. He is just trying to make himself feel better because he did nothing but obey when they came for his guns like the good little subject he is. I hope you get picked by the UN to come monitor the situation here when it erupts so you can see how free men do it.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Rock Legends Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young have a song called "OHIO" about the Kent State Massacre.

*exerpt: "Tin soldiers and Nixon coming, we're finally on our own,
this summer I heard the drumming....4 dead in Ohio"
*continuing to the chorus:
"Gotta get down to it, soldiers are gunning us down,
shouldve been done long ago,
what if you knew her...and found her dead on the ground?
How can you run when you know?"

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Player1 sounds like one of those guys from an alphabet group trying to egg someone on to put something in writing.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I know what you are saying, and agree to a certain extent. However, with the threat of jail, loss of job, threats against family, wouldn't you turn on your neighbor? A good case study for this is the Jewish Ghetto Police.

No, I wouldn't, when faced with people that will do anything to repress and enslave us all, I would not turn on my neighbors. We would all be in this together. What you would see is people helping each other after what happened on 9/11 (set aside beliefs of how it happened), people came together for a common goal.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

I know what you are saying, and agree to a certain extent. However, with the threat of jail, loss of job, threats against family, wouldn't you turn on your neighbor? A good case study for this is the Jewish Ghetto Police.

No, I wouldn't, when faced with people that will do anything to repress and enslave us all, I would not turn on my neighbors. We would all be in this together. What you would see is people helping each other after what happened on 9/11 (set aside beliefs of how it happened), people came together for a common goal.

Two completely different scenarios. One is terrorists attacking the US, the other is the US government confiscating guns. (Unless I'm missing something).

If you have kids, and they were starving, cold etc, you would do anything to keep them healthy. If the government was giving a months rations of food to anyone that turned in a neighbor that had guns not registered, and you knew about it, and there was absolutely no other way to get food (let's say for this hypothetical situation you were one of the civic workers that went on strike and subsequently lost your job), you are telling me you wouldn't sacrifice your own morals to keep your children alive?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

Two completely different scenarios. One is terrorists attacking the US, the other is the US government confiscating guns. (Unless I'm missing something).

If you have kids, and they were starving, cold etc, you would do anything to keep them healthy. If the government was giving a months rations of food to anyone that turned in a neighbor that had guns not registered, and you knew about it, and there was absolutely no other way to get food (let's say for this hypothetical situation you were one of the civic workers that went on strike and subsequently lost your job), you are telling me you wouldn't sacrifice your own morals to keep your children alive?

No I wouldn't, I would find another way to feed my hypothetical children. If I resorted to turning on my beliefs, I would be an example of the kind of person one SHOULD NOT be. People need to rely on each other, not turn on each other.

edit on 12-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: phrasing

edit on 12-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: run on sentence

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
lil' Mikey: Ma'um, Bobby won't leave me alone.

Mom: What's he doing son?

Mikey: He keeps saying I won't stand up for myself when lil'Johnny takes my lunch money at school!

Mom: Bobby, act your age and leave your little brother alone!

Big-Brother Bobby: But mom, it's true! Johnny bullies him all the time at school and Mikey never tries to stop him. He threatened Mikey by saying, 'You're a coward and scared of me. The only thing you ever do is whine, but you never stand-up for yourself. I'm gonna take your milk money tomorrow and the only thing you will do is cry like a baby'!

Mikey: Shut-up Bobby!

Bobby: Well it's true, you won't stand up to him tomorrow! He'll demand your lunch money and you won't try to stop him at all!

Mikey: Yes I will!

Bobby: Will not!

Mikey: Will too!

Mom: Boys, Boys, BOYS! Cut it out! Mikey will be fine. If Johnny tries to take his lunch money he'll be in hot water! The teenagers, who were bullied like this when they were younger, will stand by Mikey's side. All of Mikey's friends will stand by his side, because they know it's only a matter of time before Johnny tries to take their lunch money, too.

Bobby: Well, I still think Johnny will take his money and Mikey won't do a thing about it.

et cetera

edit on 12-1-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
lil' Mikey: Ma'um, Bobby won't leave me alone.

Mom: What's he doing son?

Mikey: He keeps saying I won't stand up for myself when lil'Johnny takes my lunch money at school!

Mom: Bobby, act your age and leave your little brother alone!

Big-Brother Bobby: But mom, it's true! Johnny bullies him all the time at school and Mikey never tries to stop him. He threatened Mikey by saying, 'You're a coward and scared of me. The only thing you ever do is whine, but you never stand-up for yourself. I'm gonna take your milk money tomorrow and the only thing you will do is cry like a baby'!

Mikey: Shut-up Bobby!

Bobby: Well it's true, you won't stand up to him tomorrow! He'll demand your lunch money and you won't try to stop him at all!

Mom: Boys, Boys, BOYS! Cut it out! Mikey will be fine. If Johnny tries to take his lunch money he'll be in hot water! The teenagers, who were bullied like this when they were younger, will stand by Mikey's side. All of Mikey's friends will stand by his side, because they know it's only a matter of time before Johnny tries to take their lunch money, too.

Bobby: Well, I still think Johnny will take his money and Mikey won't do a thing about it.

et cetera

edit on 12-1-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

Yes it is true, this is redundant. Even though this is partially aimed at me I'll admit...I laughed.

He has no proof that I would not be like his example, and I can't prove that I would be like mine so it's a moot point. Not everyone is a backstabbing POS with no morals however......consider that.
edit on 12-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: addendum

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join